[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't we have another one?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: republic-commando-game-font.jpg (156KB, 640x884px) Image search: [Google]
republic-commando-game-font.jpg
156KB, 640x884px
Why can't we have another one?
>>
it wasn't that good
>>
This game is overrated as hell.

Interesting premise but the gameplay was simplistic and unsatisfying.

I could see a modern day reboot/sequel/requel working if they make the combat weighty and the squad mechanics less gimmicky.
>>
>>385222720
once you take off your nostalgia goggles you'll realize why we don't have another one
>>
File: 1500947740311.png (510KB, 960x699px) Image search: [Google]
1500947740311.png
510KB, 960x699px
Because we were born to suffer and Pandemic Battlefronts were better anyway.
>>
>>385223097
>>385222954
>>385222852
Sev died so that these fags can live.
>>
Always wanted to play it, Star Wars is always so much more interesting from the perspective of someone that isn't Jedi or Sith. Need more unique view points
>>
>>385223236
He's wasn't the hero we deserved. He was the one we needed.
>>
>>385222720
prefer a new jedi academy. together with jedi outcast these were the only star wars games ever made with proper saber battles.
All they need to do is add more to it, fix graphics and patch the gameplay...
>>
EA is grimreaper of Star Wars Video Games thats why.

So much time passed since Mickey gave them licence and murdered Lucas Arts. All we got so far was mediocore BF clone and some shitty mobile games.

Oh wait they are making another Battlefront in which once again u wont be able to use cool stuff like AT-AT or MTT.
>>
>>385222954
>overrated
Up to this day there isn't a single game with a fucking "focus fire" command
>>
>>385222720
its a 6/10 at best
>>
Star wars is dead as long as ea has the license
>>
>>385223756
>what is Brothers in Arms

I love Republic Commando but be dumb.
>>
>>385223303
The characters in Rogue One were forgettable but I still loved it more than TFA.
>>
File: 1485784866146.jpg (68KB, 668x712px) Image search: [Google]
1485784866146.jpg
68KB, 668x712px
>>385222720
>YOU BACTA NOW
>>
Great characters but the books are shit

Devs alive in new canon atleast
>>
replayed it recently and felt it was boring as shit despite loving it when I played it as a teen

killing bug aliens gets really old after the first three dozen times

weapons sounding weak and no sound variation just makes everything a droll
>>
>>385224827
I guess back then the only real thing it had going was graphics, the hud system maybe and the whole "give squad members dedicated roles" gimmick which was pretty fun. Other than that it aged poorly
>>
>>385224197
>1 game
gee, so many
>>
File: 555.jpg (31KB, 406x393px) Image search: [Google]
555.jpg
31KB, 406x393px
>>385225651
>there isn't a SINGLE game
>>
Imperial Commando could easily have been game of the year. Now that EA has exclusive rights to Star Wars we will never get another good Star Wars game ever again.
>>
>>385225958
It's sad how true this is. Reminds me how they killed all other pro football games.
>>
>>385222720
I tried playing it for the first time and it just felt dated(obviously). I feel like if they were to make a new one with the same level of depth and dedication then it would be amazing.
>>
>>385227283
OP
I agree.
>>
>>385225651
>multiple games in a series makes it one game

How's it feel to be retarded?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.