[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ideaguy time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 9

File: johncarmack1.jpg (47KB, 600x327px) Image search: [Google]
johncarmack1.jpg
47KB, 600x327px
What non-existing game /v/ wishes to play?
>>
An Xcom clone with the newest game's freedom fighter theme, except you're a french/italian/slav resistance and the enemies are occult supernazis.
>>
>>385217225
a very colorful and vivid souls like game. Takes place no where logical because it takes place inside of a dreamscape or some shit, I dunno. Has a ton of settings and worlds with a story that is actually followable with choices that effect when you go places and who is there and how the world changes.

The game would be called, Fever Dream.
>>
>>385217225
a good jrpg
>>
An M-Rated Pokemon game.
>>
>>385217225
A good survival zombie game
>>
Rpg in some pirates universe with swords, pistols and ship battles.
>>
A horror game where you deliver newspapers at night to a big spoopy rich neighborhood. You slowly loose sanity and have weird hallucinations an shit like that.
>>
>>385217225
The one i'm making right now
>>
File: 1390197720821.png (434KB, 571x540px) Image search: [Google]
1390197720821.png
434KB, 571x540px
>SRPG combat akin to tactics ogre.
>CRPG level moral choices to decide what kind of units you can get with a few branching paths
>No hero characters at all, everyone will be rando mooks and main characters will be seen as commanding them outside of gameplay
>Probably a tribal setting. Orcs, Lizardmen, something like that.
>>
>>385217225
John Carmack simulator
>>
>>385217225
Comfy mech building and roaming game, where you have a giant walker with a platform and two arms, and as you explore the world you find parts and build rooms onto it for crew members. You use the to traverse the overworked and fight giant monsters, and you and your party can explore on foot or just hang out around and inside the mech as a base camp. String up a hammock between some antenna and grill out 50ft from the ground.
>>
>>385217225
Mount and Blade with a pirate setting, or the Napoleonic dlc with singleplayer
>>
>>385217484
What if you're an italian plumber and you fight turtles and shit? And Rabbids
>>
mount and blade but with a fantasy setting with a dozen playable races and shit ton of magic
>>
>>385217225
An actual steam punk game with fuckhueg environments and exploration. Some kind of platforming, maybe a jetpack or something?
>>
Diablo but third person with advanced melee combat and ranged combat where you have to actually aim. Also open world-ish and really spooky and challenging.
>>
a Zelda game that can top ocarina or wind waker
>>
Actual proper spiritual sequel to Morrowind. An open-world RPG with actual good world-building set in a non-generic fantasy world, where the player carves a story and role for himself THROUGH the RPG systems rather than being given a shallow sandbox to fuck around in. Ideally really focused on the background and environmental narrative.

I always thought some kind of fantasy anthropologist simulation would work really well as a setup for an open world RPG...
>>
EVE style MMO with soulsbourne combat
>>
Tactics card game but not for retards. Complex spell systems, complex unit control, large levels (scrolling might be required) with "realistic" layouts. Like if magic fucked xcom, instead of the current games that are like hearthstone fucking checkers.
>>
Personally I want some tacticool MMO FPS.

Some kind of a mix of X-COM Apocalypse, Arma 2 ACE + insurgency mods, and large scale world & servers like Planetside 2.
>>
File: 1495514096390.jpg (99KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1495514096390.jpg
99KB, 480x640px
FPS game where you play as a police officer, not a detective, SWAT officer or an undercover cop, a plainclothes beat cop. You start off the game in a police academy tutorial where they teach you the basics of the game such as procedures for using force, how to interact with the populace, driving, shooting and maneuvering around obstacles for footchases. Everything from maneuvering through traffic in a high speed chase, engaging suspects with your handgun to running through busy streets and alleyways to catch a fleeing suspect all feel responsive and satisfying.

You spend a good chunk of the time driving around routes, getting calls you can respond to that range from petty theft, traffic stops, domestic violence calls, armed robberies or active homicides. Every day like in real life is unpredicable, gunfire is loud and percussive which scares the shit out of you when a simple traffic stop for a broken tail light turns into a gunfight.

The game later turns into a survival horror game as you begin tracking down a serial killer and finding clues that taunt your police agency. Emphasis is put on sound design, atmosphere and general dread.
>>
>>385219180
Sounds very close to Condemned, actually.

Personal wish:
A tactical FPS mechanically in the vein of SWAT/Rainbow 6 games, but set in Ghost In The Shell universe. Mission-based, with heavy emphasis on pre-mission planning, but expanded with cyberpunk Deus Ex-like mechanics, including hacking, thermo-optic cammo etc...
>>
File: 4753680-shuma_gorath.jpg (51KB, 500x446px) Image search: [Google]
4753680-shuma_gorath.jpg
51KB, 500x446px
.>>385217225
>>385217225
An third person action-puzzle-platformer with a cephalopod MC, set in a old ruined alien world with cosmic horror enemies and bosses. with lots of gore and limb cutting mechanics and proper hitboxes, don't care if the graphics looks like a 2005 game.
>>
>>385217225
>strategy game where you play an eldrich god managing a cult dedicated to you
>start small in some small town
>have to recruit new members, gather power, avoid detectio
>cult slowly grows having to deal with new areas, mounting investigations from normal law enforcement to supernatural investigations
>cult members can mutate to become more powerful at the risk of becoming easier to expose
>race against other gods to awaken first
>>
A Superman game that has you dealing with superpowered minions and bosses. It takes place in small sandboxes instead of a completely open world, but all of the environment is completely destructible and can be used to your advantage to pummel or trap foes. Superman cannot be killed in the game, instead he can only be incapacitated for a few seconds once he takes enough damage or gets hit with certain moves. The true objective is to protect a key objective in the city from being destroyed/stolen and minimizing the amount of damage the city takes.

Using rubble and buildings to attack enemies will die increased damage, but lower your overall score, making it a crutch. Enemies can also do the same to you, so trying to take your fight elsewhere is highly suggested.

Of course, since we all love to break something once in a while, the game would support manual saving and also have a mission select option.
>>
>>385220186
There actually is a game like that. Super Cult Tycoon or something like that.
It's crap though.
>>
Third person co-op/stealth/squad combat game based around being ants who need to plot courses and travel to and from human homes and other places to bring stuff back to the colony.
>>
>>385220421
Yeah saw Ross Scott's review of it. As he said has potential but way to gimmicky and not very thought out.
>>
>>385217225
I want to play a first person shooter where you shoot at big cats, like lions and cheetahs.
>>
>>385217225
Jihad on aisle 9.

It's a dystopian, stealth shopping simulator where you need to perform your patriotic duty at the megamarket by completing your daily assigned shopping (and using the self serve checkout) in the midst of a terrorist attack without getting caught.

Difficulty options include wet floors and a squeeky wheel for your shopping cart
>>
A new elder scrolls where the world, cities, combat, npc, and plot lines are fully developed. Otherwise, not developed by Bethesda
>>
>>385217225
A big mmo where players start companies guilds and businesses to either explore dangerous uncharted regions, use materials (both from the regions and not from the region) to craft shit, or sell stuff on the market. Ideally you could choose any of the 3 vocations to do and still make dosh. End result would be a simulated capitalist economy with resource collectors, producers, and sellers being compensated for their work
>>
File: 1474433693682.jpg (23KB, 407x482px) Image search: [Google]
1474433693682.jpg
23KB, 407x482px
>>385220842
oh god what
>>
A fighting game where you get more points the more you style on opponents. It'd be impossible to make though.
>>
>>385218628
I've always dreamed of a game like this too. I'd like them to take it even further and have no human or elf equivalents either. Just an ancient island filled with lizard people, faceless wisp people, and weird meteor men. Everything is new and alien for the player to explore with all quests having multiple starting points, branches, and endings. For example there might be an ancient shrine with some orb that an archaeologist wants. If the player goes there without talking to the archaeologist first they might find some journals scattered about the outside belonging to the other adventurers he sent there first, or they might skip over them and just find a really expensive orb inside that isn't just marked as a quest item. Regardless, what he does with that orb from that point is up to him. It might have some arcane spell that he can absorb the orb and obtain or he might want to sell it or he could trace the journals and give it to the archaeologist.
>>
>>385219932

>I don't care if it looks like a 2005 game
this

I salivate at the idea of a game company forgoing any and all graphical fidelity for other functions

The mark of a games quality nowadays is how well 3d rendered grass patches react to your character passing through them, and i fucking hate it
>>
>have what I think is a cool idea, write down some concepts
>next day I look it over and think it's fucking retarded and scrap it
Every time. How do I stop this
>>
A gangster strategy/role-playing game based around the idea of CK2-style character creation and interactions between these characters.
>>
>>385217225
JoJo boss rush action game
>>
>>385220636
Yeah, they had not improved it. I think it's out for free in an alpha stage, and nobody is working on it anymore. I'm pretty sure you can actually finish it in half an hour.

>>385221183
I'm not particularly fond of non-human races, in fact if I could chose, I'd force every single fantasy author to make all settings human-only until they learn to fucking flash out cultures and characters, rather than using race as a gimmick.

But otherwise, yeah. I actually had quite a lot of basic draft documents on a game like this, including basic plot line(s), some world-building, drafts of how dialogue and basic interactions/mechanics should work, incomplete ruleset, sample quest drafts etc... Had quite a lot of fun writing it, too.
>>
>>385218448
Hellgate london
>>
an fps devoid of 'humanoid with a gun' enemies
>>
>>385221418
Have confidence and the ability to say "I can make this work"
initial concept and final product are often distant relatives, just look at any of the most successful games out there
>>
Something that combines X-Com and Valkyria Chronicles gameplay with the Stargate universe.

>>385217597
An AO rated Poke'Mons.
>>
A good post apocalyptic base- building game.
>>
>>385221405
>I salivate at the idea of a game company forgoing any and all graphical fidelity for other functions
>The mark of a games quality nowadays is how well 3d rendered grass patches react to your character passing through them, and i fucking hate it

Me. Fucking. Too.

Don't care about how many polygons go into each individual character or rock. Give me good gameplay, a large scale map (if applicable for the gameplay), satisfying physics and I'll be happy.

>>385221595
How does one even get into videogame developing?
>>
>>385220781
FarCry
>>
>>385221552
That game sucked though for other reasons
>>
>>385221063
Sounds boring.
>>
Online multiplayer RPG with multiple battle styles and a wide array of party member choices.
Think Pokemon but with a smaller, more balanced roster and triple+ battles that aren't AIDS.
>>
>>385221418
Just try to actually make something work even if the idea seems somewhat dumb. It actually develops your skills and you get a better idea of what might work while doing your current project. Often good ideas are just stumbled upon while trying to do something completely different. I'm not a gamedev but that mentality has applied to pretty much everything I've ever tried to do, as a beginner it's more important to just finish projects than to try to make quality work.
>>
>>385221687
>How does one even get into videogame developing?
>>>/vg/agdg
>>
This works off the belief that there are universes created after one dies and that all things end.

Many years in the future a giant alien doodad falls to earth but no one can place where it came from in our whole known universe until it eventually opens and and we find out it is from an alien race but as the public eventually learns is it's from the last universe before our own and after a while a connection is setup between us and the them. And for years there is peace with the sharing of thechnology and understand the difference in physics of each universe. Until we eventually learn that their universe is coming to its own end. Now we don't have a enough room to take care of our own ( or whatever reason works best for not letting them come over) but eventually we realize they don't care for our consent and already have prepared a way to travel to our own universe to take over and either enslave or kill us, you know the drill with these alien stories. Anyways back when there was peace, they taught us how to build own own machine to travel to the next universe. And for as advanced as we are, they didn't teach is everything so we either have to invent our own tech or die. But after many years of fighting a stalemate comes along and as it lasts both sides get a transmission from the machine that went to the next universe, but when it the screen shows up there is nothing. Absolute nothing and as both side spend weeks trying to see what's wrong we eventually realize it's working properly and that this is truly the last universe to exist, that when this one ends, they all end. But at this point you can either fight for all humanity has left or to give up as there is nowhere left to go.

Now with the insane amount of plot holes if anyone wants to patch them or just tell me I'm an idiot, I'd be more than thankful
>>
>>385217597
This, with the option to take the "evil" route and start my own Pokemafia like Team Rocket.
>>
>>385217225
first person fantasy RPG with over complex systems, magic based on historical practices, factions interacting, events happening without player involvement and permanent wounds.
>>
>>385221827
So is Eve, but it does well
>>
>>385221483
JoJo tactics game with hyper-detailed limb-based combat. Realtime with pause, you can control your jojos body with almost perfect detail, aim punches, grab objects, etc.
>>
File: 46535.jpg (45KB, 527x612px) Image search: [Google]
46535.jpg
45KB, 527x612px
Planetside but it's medieval

closet I ever got was that Persistent Worlds mod for Warband
>>
>>385222424
Ever heard of Life is Feudal?
>>
File: 1473067118210.jpg (2MB, 2429x1530px) Image search: [Google]
1473067118210.jpg
2MB, 2429x1530px
>Space management sim
>Start off by just doing simple errands from one planet to another
>player has to manage fuel usage and other standard things
>player won't need much fuel unless navigating on planets or Asteroid belts
>Also have to manage human needs such as sleep and food
>As you get more money you can buy better ships and parts to travel off into other solar systems and take up bigger jobs
>eventually the player can make bigger custom ships with their own crew and cabins for accommodation.
All these ships the player can walk around in manage in first/third person. But a traditional KSP-like camera will also be there.
>The player can set up their own business and expand throughout the galaxy
>>
>>385220842
Europeans already do it IRL
>>
>>385217225
animal crossing with dating
>>
>>385220842
9/10
Would watch a drunk stream of it
>>
oasis ready player one
>>
An assassins creed game where you play as an unaffiliated skilled person (maybe the artifact gives you the abilities of an assassin). Problems would have multiple solutions and depending on how you solved them determined if you joined the assassins or templars. Also, more options to set up a death instead of just running in and stabbing/shooting. Lastly, how you eliminated your targets would carry forward. If you were never seen, you'd be known as a ghost, but if you did just slaughter everyone guards would start to be intimidated in combat
>>
>>385217490
I've been thinking this too. If there is one thing Souls games did right, it was the satisfying combat.
For some reason people are starting to follow the souls formula peice by peice. I don't get why we can't have a game with souls difficulty and combat along with a bright setting and a coherent story.
>>
>>385223057
Isn't that just Dishonored
>>
>>385222526
Isn't it abandonware?
>>
>>385217225
Carmack was far from an ideaguy. That was Romero
>>
>>385223334
Pretty sure it isn't.
>>
dragons of pern mmo :(
>>
Dark Souls in Space

Or just Bloodborne with a sci fi oriented setting with Destiny art direction weapons and armor where you fight aliens and giant boss aliens
>>
File: xniLlicEXEflpuX-1600x900-noPad.jpg (401KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
xniLlicEXEflpuX-1600x900-noPad.jpg
401KB, 1600x900px
>>385223652
Good taste my dude, Destiny art direction looks sick as fuck

you better put these dudes in it too
>>
>>385221962

Considering the level of technology the civilizations have access to, it'd be strange to have the gameplay at a scale beneath an RTS or space sim

you could make it a 'covert operations'/infiltration type, but instead of breaching 'x' on foot to sabotage 'y', it could be a 'fly into the bowels of this gargantuan space station in your OP anime mech/Strike Vektor-type machine and wreak havoc with futuristic weapons and launching network viruses.
>>
A game that uses actual fencing and sword-fighting techniques instead of "roll" or "block"
>>
>>385224520
I am legitimately sick of i-frame dodgerolling as a mechanic in melee combat. Someone please save us.
>>
>>385217225
A resource management strategy game where you must build Sauron's forces up from the ground up, where the combat is not the focus. I felt like I wanted this after playing shadow of mordor
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.