[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The game is just fine if you get your ADP to 25

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: guide_screen_ds2[1].jpg (493KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
guide_screen_ds2[1].jpg
493KB, 1920x1200px
The game is just fine if you get your ADP to 25
>>
>>385215704
i thought the game was great when it came out, but after playing bloodborne which I think perfected the souls combat this game feels way too sluggish now

same with dark souls 1 and demons souls, games I loved when they first released

dark souls 3 was a nice medium between bloodborne and dark souls 1/2 which was nice
>>
File: 1426631445982.jpg (113KB, 722x684px) Image search: [Google]
1426631445982.jpg
113KB, 722x684px
>you have to raise a stat so the game works properly
>>
>>385216496
>I am retarded and never heard of SL1 runs
>>
File: kek.jpg (23KB, 650x583px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
23KB, 650x583px
>>385215704
>but after playing bloodborne which I think perfected the souls combat
>perfected the souls combat

o i am laffin
>>
>>385215704
You don't need 25 ADP, you just need to GIT GUD
>>
Has anyone ever made a hurtbox/hitbox viewer for DAS2 to quantify exactly what ADP is doing and why the game feels like complete shit without it?
>>
>>385216496
No, Souls fans just suck at video games so anything less than a billion iframes is "broken shit".
>>
>>385215704
It's perfectly fine without ADP too. There's this neat concept called spacing and awareness. Maybe you should look them up

Sorry you have to invest in stats to become a literally invincible god at the press of a button. Iframe reliance is a pathetic crutch for numales
>>
>>385217074
Its because the hitboxes don't follow your character during the animation, they only move after a certain point in the animation. The i-frames increasing means that - even if the hitbox stays back where you started - it doesn't matter since now you just have enough frames to avoid the damaging period of the attack

Its the same thing in PVP and has been a thing in every single souls games PVP since the dawn of time, but DaS2 in its PVE shows this problem off the most. Regarding PVP, this explains exactly why some of the shit like this video happens.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hagUY1fAH44
>>
File: 1500227474805.webm (2MB, 940x529px) Image search: [Google]
1500227474805.webm
2MB, 940x529px
>>385218178
yeah it's perfectly fine
>>
>>385218639
Dodge sooner, predict.
If it's the first time you see the mob, it can be annoying, but after that it's easily dealt with.
>>
I love this game. I am playing through it now for the first time and am at the Shrine of Amana. My ADP is 20 right now, using the Drangleic Sword+4. Slightly easier than the first game I think, but I'm enjoying the variety of the areas and the armors a lot more. 10/10 game for me so far.
>>
>>385218796
>it doesn't matter that the game plays like broken fucking garbage if there is some solution

Fuck you and everybody who thinks like you. If an attack doesn't hit your player model, then the attack shouldn't hit. DaS2 devs forgot about all that and shat out this fucking turd
>>
>>385219690
Tbh i never encountered what was displayed on the webm except when i was a
phantom helping a friend. So i thought it was lag.
If your game runs on 15 Fps sur it might happen but on 60Fps when you're the host i never got tp'd like that.
But the hit after dodge thing happened in DS1 too, and happens in DS3 as well so...why blame DS2 for it ? just adapt to the patterns
>>
The fuck no just 12 or 14 and hoy have a shitton of invul frames more is a waste
>>
>>385220065
>why blame DS2 for it ?
Because by far in the whole series, DaS2 is easily the biggest offender when it comes to hitboxes - not to name all the other things it executes like total garbage.
>just adapt to the patterns
You mean, adapt to absolutely retarded and downright broken game design and happily take it up the ass?
>>
>>385220253
How do you live every day being such a whiny and inept faggot?
Does mommy have to open and microwave your Kidz Kuisine for you?
>>
>>385220828
How do you live everyday making excuses for this shit?
>stop talking about flaws and just pretend they don't exist lmao!
have fun I guess
also
>inept
Nigger don't even start using the "muh difficulty" argument. None of the souls games are hard, the point is that most of them are well designed whereas DaS2 is not.
>>
>>385221268
>have fun I guess
thanks, I will because I'm not a whiny bitch and can learn to adapt to slight issues. if you get killed by the same shit repeatedly it's on you for not learning the first time.

>most of them are well designed
are we playing the same games in the same series? they're all mechanical and technical piles of shit. pretty fun to walk around in at least
>>
>>385221845
The fact that you're able to enjoy garbage like DaS2 already speaks volumes about your character, no need to give me a full rundown
>>
>>385222171
Cool kid, I've probably played more video games than you'll ever hear of in your life. You being too stupid to learn is not indicative of the quality of a game.
>>
>>385215857
Weapons have pathetic reach in DS2 compared to the other soulsborne games.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.