[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the dumbest shit you ever done in a video game >Playing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10

File: 08796879.png (127KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
08796879.png
127KB, 601x508px
What's the dumbest shit you ever done in a video game

>Playing manhunt 2 game
>I was like 13-14
>knew about the gameplay of manhunt but never played the first one
>Used mild/hazty execution for the entire game
>thought that if i completed the game i would be able to do the gruesome executions
>playing in the final level
>JUST fucking realized that by holding the execution button you can do more gruesome exections

So basically i spent 99% of the game just doing small/short executions
>>
File: jon.jpg (8KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
jon.jpg
8KB, 300x169px
>>385211464
>tfw i relate to that feel

>didn't know you could sprint in Stalker Call of pripyat by pressing so i spent almost the whole game on default walking speed like a goddamn retard
>Just found out once i got all the tools for the mechanics because one of the last upgrades for the exo says that it allows you to run while wearing it
>you have to fucking press X
>>
>>385212315
>tfw spent the entirety of fo3 with my gun out because i didn't know that you could put it away to go faster
Good thing i didn't fuck up in a good game.
>>
>made something unrelated to vidya
>on /v/
wew
>>
>>385211464
I kept playing through TWEWY expecting to automatically unlock the level 3 super moves (or something like that I don't remember exactly).
Near the end of the game I realized I had to buy them.
>>
File: 678556648379.jpg (19KB, 250x164px) Image search: [Google]
678556648379.jpg
19KB, 250x164px
oh another one
>Crash 3
>see in the demo that crashes uses special moves
>spent the entire time in the first worlds trying to make the special moves
>found out that you have to first defeat the bosses
>>
I was level 10 or so before I realized what quests were in WoW.
>>
>>385211464
>Playing ds1
>About halfway through.
>Learn that I can z target.
>Quit
>>
File: STANDING.gif (2MB, 448x252px) Image search: [Google]
STANDING.gif
2MB, 448x252px
Metal gear solid 3 was the first game i played in the series, and through the entire game i kept only using the analog stick to move, and got weirded out how all the enemies notice me despite moving behind them slowly. It was only during the parts before you enter the enemy base that i realized that the D-pad were specifically made for moving stealthy.
>>
>>385212465
But anon. If you knew about that you would have been done with Fallout 3 quicker, isn't that what you'd want?
>>
I accidently some russians in a non lethal playthrough of the phantom pain (because they shot quiet with a chopper, and I do not tolerate such bullshit) and now I need to restart the entire thing because I am too perfectionist.
>>
>>385213905
lol i did this my first playthrough too pretty funny
>>
File: 1430958647731.gif (1MB, 242x242px) Image search: [Google]
1430958647731.gif
1MB, 242x242px
beat the first Fable with the expantion 2 times before i found the Title vendor

>save the world over and over, but still be called Chicken chaser
>>
>>385211464
Put in Oblivion and played it
>>
File: 1501072234566.png (354KB, 1024x1210px) Image search: [Google]
1501072234566.png
354KB, 1024x1210px
>brother gifted me Fallout 4
>haven't played any Bethesda game prior to that, not even Skyrim
>finish the game without knowing I can fast travel
>mfw later I find out there actually was a fast travel function
>>
>>385214514
Oblivion is a good game tho.

My only big complaint with it is that it has one or two BIG flaws, but if you're willing to look past them there is fun to be had with it.
>>
File: 1500462762799.png (154KB, 250x382px) Image search: [Google]
1500462762799.png
154KB, 250x382px
>>385211464
>2007 or 2006
>playing an MMO for the first time, think it was Perfect World
>not used to playing online stuff so know shit about most mechanics
>play a few hours, have a lot of fun
>time to exit the game
>don't know how to save in an MMO
>ask people how to save
>get called a fucking retard
>get sad
>log out
Played next day expecting to create a new character since I had not saved and the character was where I left him, felt surprised and, some time later, felt like a complete retard
>>
In the first God of War I didnt knew that you could upgrade your weapons until almost the end

In dead island I didnt knew you could kick until a friend told me

In the order 1886 I thought Blacksight was a level not a mechanic
>>
File: 1500988924837.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1500988924837.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>385214393
Lmao, same thing happend to me
>>
>>385214534
Holy shit
isn't fo4 even MORE fucking huge than Fo3?

dude i...
i would have fucking quit the game , going from placet to place must have been so fucking tedious
>>
>>385214514
>>385214770
>Story
Morrowind>Oblivion>>>>>>Skyrim
Player choice, player level of effect on the world, character progression
>Morrowind=Oblivion>>>>>>>>>>>>>>■>>>>>Skyrim
>Worldbuilding, side quests, lore/world interaction
Oblivion>Morrowind>>>>>Skyrim
>Gameplay
Skyrim>=Oblivion >Morrowind

>Overall
Oblivion>Morrowind>>>>Skyrim

Skyrim wasn't awful, just awful in comparison to the rest of the series.
>>
>>385215510
Blast. Mucked up my 4chan Gold Greenies.
>>
>>385211464
i played through entire first manhunt doing nothing but mild executions.
when i was discovered more gruesome options on second playthrough, that felt like a christmas gift
>>
Played through Bayonetta without equipping any weapons

The menus confused me, I tried to equip the sword and when it didn't work, I figured maybe it was locked until some point in the storyline. Eventually I just forgot about it and beat the game using only the quad pistols
>>
>>385215751
*have discovered
>>
Playing gold as a very young child.
Knew the word deposite, but didn't know the word withdraw.
Thought I couldn't take Pokemon out of box.
Spent entire game with 5 Pokemon in party just in case I needed to catch one.
Am retard
>>
>>385212830
>get slightly intoxicated
>decide it's time to make a deep dark fantasy thread on /v/
>get b&

Fuck
>>
>>385214534
okay, if this is your first open world game and you are not aware of concept of fast travel (in which case you are too young to post on this site)
Otherwise you are a retard for not looking up how to fast travel on internet / in manual.
>>
>>385213905
Wut?
WHAT?!
>>
>>385215510
>rating Skyrim above Oblivion and Morrowind for combat

The combat was the best part about Morrowind. Once you get past the wonky hit-miss ratio (or if it really bugs you that bad just install a mod) the insane amount of options given to you makes the game way more fun than it should be.

For instance, my most recent character was a non-stealth archer who spammed the Levitate spell to safely fly over his enemies and keep picking away at them as they couldn't fight back.
>>
>>385215784
I played through Bayonetta without realizing LP disks were supposed to give you weapons, I just thought they were some sort of extra rating or shit. So in the end I had only whip, sword and those claws. I also thought I had to equip atleast one gun at all times
>>
>>385213905
What? WHAT?
>>
I played through the entirety of Persona 4 without knowing that there were other social links besides your party members.

So I just assumed the days where no party member social links were available were meant for grinding.

I only realized they existed when I played through Persona 3 and found them by accident.
>>
>playing skyrim
>pick up every item i saw
>miss the overencumbered message in screen
>walk slow 1/4 of the game and have no idea why
>>
>>385215981
>Levitation
Forgot all about that I miss flight

>New order:
Morrowind+combatmod>Oblivion>Morrowind no mod>Skyrim
>>
When I first played Morrowind as a kid, I wanted to cheat the game and used the editor to spawn a pile of gold right into middle of Seyda Neen. Being completely new to the game, dumb and not very good in English, I did not pay attention to the fact that the item I actually used was labeled "Gold (cursed)" and it was the gold you find in Daedric Shrines, scripted to summon Daedra right behind you if you pick it up.

So I picked it up, turn around and there were three giant red assholes brandishing giant fucking red hammers right behind me. The first one killed me in a single sweep.
It scared me SHITLESS.

I believed for about a month that it was the game figuring out that I'm trying to cheat it and just punishing me.
>>
>>385217432
Hahaha epic lol
Fuck off, literally nobody can be that idiotic unless you are lobotomized
>>
>>385215510
Absolutely awful taste. Oblivion above Morrowind in terms of world building and lore? Oblivion above Skyrim in terms of story? Oblivion above Morrowind in overall? Are you fucking sane?
>>
File: Wait more than a minute.jpg (46KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
Wait more than a minute.jpg
46KB, 600x337px
>>385211464
>Play BioShock
>Love it
>Start playing BioShock Infinite expecting a masterpiece
>Expect human-like Elizabeth, good puzzles and stunning graphics
>Approach the bells puzzle
>Booker pulls out his code card
>1 scroll, 2 keys, 2 swords
>See symbols in the same order as on the bells
>Don't see the combination's order, only the total amount of rings each bell takes
>Think this is a combinatorics puzzle and that I need to figure out the order of the ringing
>Start from right to left
>Start trying different combinations
>None works
>After 5 to 10 minutes of trying to brute force the combination realize it's not a smart game for smart people
>Realize it's an American game for American people
>Americans read from left to right
>Ring bells in order from left to right
>Works
>Continue to find dull gameplay, less than average graphics, a mentally retarded MC and a simple companion that just hangs around
>Loading screens keep telling me I can switch my clothes in the in-game menu, but nothing relevant shows up when I press Esc
>Takes me two thirds of the game to check the keybinding to figure out there's an additional menu assigned to the O key

I know that to a bystander, getting stuck on the bells puzzle is as dumb as it gets, but I still consider myself too smart for this game.
>>
>>385211464
>skyrim
>get to the first dungeon with the door to open with the claw
>i don't know the code
>i just try every combination until it works
>do this for other dungeons too

didn't know it was on the back of that thing, the game never requires you to inspect items
besides
>writing the code on the key
what the fuck is the point of the code then?
>>
>>385211464
Started WoW
>>
>>385213634
Jesus wept. The in-game tutorial tells you about quests and quest markers literally seconds after starting a character.
>>
File: twinsen-200.jpg (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
twinsen-200.jpg
7KB, 200x200px
When I played LBA, I totally forgot I was told I had to look for clovers for extra continues.
So I ended beating the whote thing with a single clover. Man, I had to break out of jail a gorillion times.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.