[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We have all noticed the flood of open world games lately but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (172KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
172KB, 1280x720px
We have all noticed the flood of open world games lately but which one of the modern AAA open world games is the best?
>>
Eh its subjective.. just pick one and play it.
>>
>>385200176
You posted it. Horizon Zero Dawn is unironically my game of the year.
>>
>encouraging lazy design

Id recommend MGSV

Wildlands was okay
>>
My vote goes to Witcher 3
>>
Breath of the Wild objectively was best for world design and interactivity.
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-06-05-how-will-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-change-the-open-world-paradigm
http://www.gamesradar.com/were-all-talking-about-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-developers-explain-how-its-shaping-the-future-of-games/
>>
>>385200389
Wildlands surprised me with how fun I found it.

Besides that I'd say Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag and Just Cause 3 however just cause 3 isn't a great open world game for its world but what you can do in it
>>
>>385200634
With an empty world with nothing to do on it ? no thanks
>>
>>385200738
sorry but I'll take the opinion of veteran developers of acclaimed games over some anonymous autist on /v/
>>
>>385200795
>over some anonymous autist
Why always the insults ? it's a big empty world with nothing to do on it, that's a fact not an opinion
>>
>>385200862
everyone here is autistic, you and me included
>>
>>385200634
>hardly any proper dungeons or even caves to explore

the world was bland as fuck. people only give it a pass because it has the name Zelda attached to it.
if botw was a brand new IP, it wouldnt get praised that much at all.
>>
>>385200176

What i will never ever understand:
>The same shitposter or shitposter always open threads or write comments about Witcher 3 and the "Witcehr" skill detecting blood etc.
>Every thread he posts the same image, post etc
>Never seen the same complain about Horizon

I swear every single quest is:
>Go there because ssomething happened
>Okay
>Go to place X
>Use your focus
>Focus points to blood or footsteps
>Followe footsteps

Thats it 95% of quests are about this + shitty characters nobody cares about compared to Witcher 3
>>
>>385200910
it's like MM, it has more focus on the world and NPCs than traditional dungeoneering.
>>
The Phantom Pain because mechanics make or break open world games.
It's why I hate most of them: they control like fucking shit.
>>
>>385200910
this triggers the nintenbro
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.