[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got F.E.A.R

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 1497583945456.jpg (226KB, 1273x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1497583945456.jpg
226KB, 1273x1024px
What am I in for /v/?
>>
>>385199556
some campy/creepy fun that aged less well than anticipated

some really solid shooting segments, especially in the office levels IIRC

they pull some decent creep-scares but don't go in expecting outright horror.
>>
>>385199556
John Woo presents:
The Ring
>>
>>385199678
No i want it for the gunplay that i've heard is amazing.
>>
Max Payne is better.
>>
>>385199739
oh, yeah, then it's actually really good. i enjoyed the shit out of it.
>>
>>385199556
wasting your time on /v/ instead of playing the game
>>
>>385199556
You're in for not reading this thread and playing the game.
>>
Fighting the same 5 enemies the whole game but their AI is super advanced
>>
>>385199696
this

and also enemy squad AI that aims to challenge you a little bit. They hide behinde cover, they flank or retreat to fuck you up from better positions and do all kinds of other things that shooters are lacking since... past and beyond this game. And the devs balanced it well enough that they don't feel overwhelming or cheating
>>
File: Fear.webm (3MB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
Fear.webm
3MB, 500x282px
>>385199556
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlgsmZHVXt4

>>385199743
I like them both. But Max Payne had better sequels. But at least Extraction point was good.
>>
>>385199696
john woo never had well written dialogs, tho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXp0PisWGSo
>>
>>385200089
Stop shilling your youtube videos.
>>
>>385199556
Fun gunplay.

Interesting enemy AI.

Offices.
>>
File: fear2.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
fear2.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>385200008
The AI is funny, it's made to react the player, so when there's those few scenes where AI is supposed to fight itself, it just stands and shoots like an IGN playtester.

And it was supposedly simple AI to add the insult, optimized with clever (though repeating and rather uninspired) level design.

Every time someone is called out about their enemy AI being worse than decade old game, they practically say how it "actually" worked,
and bend it in the way that it wasn't actually groundbreaking or even advanced, so they don't even want to try such a phony AI.

I fucking hate this industry.
>>
>>385200139
Not mine.
Neither is this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8a6M4W9xJk
>>
>>385199556
If you have VR, you will shit your pants playing it.
>>
>>385199556
It's good, just avoid all ladders.
>>
Really shitty 'horror' elements with passable gameplay.

>most of the 'horror' is just a little girl giggling and prancing by
>you can always predict when she will show up because it will always happen when there are suddenly no enemies at all with an extra long hallway (the game is entirely composed of hallways)
>always appears at the end of the hallway or around a corner, just out of your reach
>also shows up whenever the game blatantly obfuscates your vision, such as being forced into climbing down ladders even though you can usually just jump down
>the remaining horror is 'jumpscares'
>stuff like a literal retard sitting around a corner with a plank ready to ambush you
>you'd have to be a retard yourself not to notice him, he isn't even trying to hide
>sometimes the hallways suddenly turn into bloodways, but this follows the little girl logic in that it always happens in the most obvious of hallways
>>
Are there any other games with similar Hong Kong gameplay, besides
Max Payne
F.E.A.R
and Stranglehold?

I am not familiar with Vanquish, how does it compare?
>>
>>385199556
Every Helicopter you ride in will be shot down.
>>
>>385201957
it's the running joke
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.