[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /v/ like Payday 2? Also Payday thread I guess

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

File: Payday 2 Crimewave Ed.jpg (430KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Payday 2 Crimewave Ed.jpg
430KB, 1920x1080px
Does /v/ like Payday 2? Also Payday thread I guess
>>
>>385195578
No. The devs were Jews and the game is pretty boring.
>>
It's utter fucking trash. It feels like the worst shooter in recent history.
>>
>>385195578
I got it for free and haven't played it yet.
Should i?
>>
If you want a horde defense first person shooter, yeah, it's fine. If the core gameplay loop doesn't look fun at first, you probably won't enjoy it at all, and even if it looks fun, there's a good chance you'll get burned out, as the game can get repetitive.

That said, I have 2400 hours in the game since late 2013. Game's been through some shit, and the devs have made mistakes, but they went back on the biggest mistake and are finally fixing the biggest problem in the game after four years.

While Payday 2 may not be completely salvageable from mediocre status, whatever comes next could very well be something I would actually feel comfortable recommending to more people. Though I suspect they'll use the opportunity of a new game launch to not promise zero microtransactions.

That said, the community effectively smeared the developers when microtransactions were added to Payday 2, and that ended with the devs buying the publisher rights for the game and subsequently immediately removing the microtransactions. They listened to the community then, hopefully they'll keep doing it.

As an outsider looking in, I'm sure Payday 2 looks like a fucked mess of a game, but it has quite a bit of positive history. The negative bits are definitely not to be ignored, though.
>>
I met some awesome Russians while playing this game. The game itself is really shit. Too much DLC.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzPSYZ7gweE
>new game by the literal B team looks like like a trashy mod
>>
>>385197446
It's a single $40 package at regular price now.

>>385197747
But Lion Game Lion isn't Overkill. LGL got essentially free promotion by designing a few of the heists in Payday 2, but the two companies are in different countries.
>>
>>385195578
I used to love it and the soundtrack is goat.
But i just couldn't vorher with all the bullshit skill tree changes and p2w perk trees anymore.
It seemed like every time I finally found a build that I really liked and was comfortable with they changed something again.
Not to mention the harder difficulties are literally meta build checks, most of which require dlc perk sets and weapons.
>>
>>385195578
Payday: the heist had 100x more charm than payday 2. I still enjoyed payday 2 when it first came out but looking at that DLC list makes me cry a little.
>>
>>385195578
>Got it for free during that thing
I didn't really even play it, I just put on the mask and jumped one time
>>
>>385195578
Love it, still people on ps3 playing. Nobody knows how to big oil day 2 still.
>>
>>385195578
I used to, before they murdered everything fun about it
>>
>>385195578
I thought it looked really dumb, my friend convinced me, begrudgingly, to buy it when it was on sale. Ended up playing for over 400 hours.

It's a fun game.
>>
>>385196876
Go ahead.
Just remember as a new player to try and do thing stealthily.
Because even on normal difficulty you will get your shit pushed in without wearing the full ballistic vest thingy and arming yourself with a rocket launcher+lmg.
>>
Pre-ordered it and enjoyed it during launch period even though it lacked content. Clocked at around 95 hours due to that Crimefest fiasco, terrible optimization and the shitton of DLC.
>>
>>385199512
>Because even on normal difficulty you will get your shit pushed in without wearing the full ballistic vest thingy and arming yourself with a rocket launcher+lmg.
Only if you have literally hams for hands and are trying to play the game with your face. Anything below overkill is a cakewalk if you're not playing with a steering wheel.
>>
>>385197331
Did they make all the DLC free and remove the autistic RNG grinding for mods?

I got this game to play with friends and it only took me a few hours to understand why so many people hack in their items and rank.
>>
>>385195578
The chief problem with the game is that it is either a "sit around for a half hour molesting a drill," or a mediocre to bad PvE shooter.

That's without going into the absolute dogshit that is the customization and drops system.
>>
>>385199694
Just trying to take into account the fact that anon there doesn't know about the game jack and has the dinky un-upgraded starter rifle and pistol on him.
>>
>>385195578
A pile of shit after they decided to add like a dozen worthless characters which diluted the voiceacting to a point where "fuck" and "aargh" is all they say.

Fuck overkill, fuck them so much
>>
>>385199767
DLC is now part of the "complete version" of the game, which prize adapts to the amount of DLC you already own.

As for weapon mods, you can buy them with continental coins now, those things you get fro defending your hideout from police raids and possibly by doing well on high difficulty games.
You can also use those coins to upgrade your safehouse.
>>
>>385200132
I thought the launchers were reasonably high rep so by the time he gets his hands on one he should have something more useful.
>>
>>385200228
Likely, but i still love doing my heists loud as fuck.
>>
>>385195578
I got the game, but I haven't downloaded it.
Like >>385196876
>>
>>385197331
this

They are fixing the game for real now
It's a shame it took them FOUR YEARS to patch the first things required such as the desync bullshit and the third person animations
>>
>>385197331
Have they fixed the part where updating takes forever because they unpack-update-repack the entire game files no matter how tiny the actual update is?
>>
>>385195578
I'd like it more if it didn't have a gorillion DLCs that you HAVE to pay for or you are at a huge disadvantage.

Ever since pirate perfection dev became homeless and stopped updating PP, I stopped trying with that game. I can't be fucked to go find and infiltrate another closed cheating forum.
>>
>>385200213
I know no one but me gives a shit about the story, but they really shot themselves in the foot with the Continental. The John Wick tie in made no fucking sense; Wick is an assassin not a bank robber. And he's a regular member of the Continental (or was), how the fuck could he have the pull to get invitations to it thrown to all the Payday crew? And even if he COULD somehow manage that, why would the Continental want a bunch of thieves in their membership?

I know this is just autistic of me, but it fucking bothers me.

Also I want more of those live action story videos they used to make. People think I'm nuts but I thought all the actors except that one FBI lady did great jobs. Especially the FBI director with his VERY LARGE FEDERAL SUBPOENA line.
>>
its fun for a little, but then you find out which skills are must haves, and how horrible the ai is and then the game becomes an easy slog. also most of the missions are more so like mercenary work than heisting things
>>
>>385201823
I on the other hand know nothing at all about Continental or what they do, but id imagine their reasoning was to get a high damage kill team/money procurement team to their force?
>>
File: 1429999609576.jpg (114KB, 911x877px) Image search: [Google]
1429999609576.jpg
114KB, 911x877px
It had potential it will now never reach. The jews that run the company lack talent or ethics, if they had even just 1 of those the game would have been better.
>>
i like it but overkill are fucking stupid with how they handle the game
i've played it since beta and i've seen the steady downfall since like the 5th update
>>
>>385201959
The Continental is basically an international support network for professional assassins and killers. They provide lodgings, weapons, transportation and other such services to their members, as well as a meeting place for killers to meet potential employers. In return for this, they pay assassins the gold coins that can be used to buy services from the Continental. Kind of like a company store scam, except there is probably more to it than I know. In return for steady employment, the Continental demands their members abide by only two rules: A. No business conducted on Continental grounds; meaning the assassins do not attack or kill each other while on or in any building owned by the Continental, like a safe haven, and B. Markers must be honored. Markers are things assassins give to powerful individuals in return for favors. The marker can be claimed by the one it was given to at any time and request any service of the assassin as repayment for helping them.

That's what I know anyway. It has NOTHING to do with bank robbery or thieves and I SERIOUSLY doubt any such organization would want heat from that kind of activity coming down on them.
>>
>>385202235
And im just wondering how they get the money to run that shit.
If not by the greatest heist team on the planet then from who?
>>
It was great once, but they fucked up so hard on balancing by deciding and enforcing what and how you can play on higher difficulties. At least the game is heavily moddable so i can unfuck a lot of the bullshit but it gets tiring.
>>
Is the game fun even if I don't have friends to play with?
How toxic is the general community of the game on a scale from League of Legends to Arma 3?
>>
>>385202373
The idea is that the employers pay the Continental a portion of the hiring fee for facilitating the jobs and having a pool of assassins to pick from.
>>
>>385202373
I mean, it's still a chain of five stars hotels all over the world.
And they probably take a cut of the pay.
>>
>>385203089
If you're not an asshat the community tends to be fine. No one uses voice chat, most text chat is simply objective reminder such as locations of mission items. It seems completely random if you're going to run into some russian super squad who can knock a mission over with ease, asshat hackers or people who have complete shit for brains. It's still better with friends, but it could be a lot worse.
>>
>>385203089

Its utter cancer.

Theres a mod called NGBTO thats in widespread use, it lets you set parameters for autokicking players based on playtime, character choice, weapon choice, perkdeck choice, whatever. Shit gets abused hard and the community looks down upon people they see their lesser. Theres also lots and lots of script kiddies just breaking the game.
>>
>>385196876
If you got the DLC-less version, be sure to grab DLC_Unlocker.lua
>>
>>385202235
>>385201823
I always thought they could have an assassination mission or two - sort of like a multiplayer Hitman
>>
Gunplay is probably the best I've ever seen in a game same goes for the weapon customization. They fucked it with dlc and every update making the game slow down to a crawl every update. The crimefest shit pushed me over the line and made me uninstall.
>>
> It's another 200mb update that requires 50gb of free space patch
Fuck this game
>>
>>385203940
Whenever the game updates, it deflates all content archives onto the HDD. After it's done extracting everything, it then applies the patch you downloaded, deletes the changed archives and repacks everything. That's why every patch that adds or modifies any significant amount of content requires 50 GB of extra free space and results in some 120 GB of host writes if you're keeping it on an SSD.

Even more amusingly, this is after they "fixed" it. Yep, it used to be even worse, according to Overkill anyway.
>>
>>385201454
That's game engine issue, so no.
>>
>>385203535
If when making Payday 3 the devs don't exclude a votekick option then the community will kill the game off in the first month. Payday 1 was never this bad, and not even 2 started out bad either, something just grew on the community to make it as horrible as possible in some sick competition with the ASSFAGGOTS community to see which one can become the worst of the two.
>>
The game is great when it leans heavily on its theme. Coordinating and executing a heist where no alarm go off and no cops are called is fun and thrilling.

But when it turns into a horde shooter, it's boring and generic. Great music and sound design, though.
>>
>>385205789
>something just grew on the community to make it as horrible as possible
Pubs being fucking retards is why I only host, and kick often.
I swear this game attracts idiots like no other.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.