[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: metal-gear-solid-2-logo.jpg (24KB, 443x249px) Image search: [Google]
metal-gear-solid-2-logo.jpg
24KB, 443x249px
What went right?
>>
File: 1500849808639.png (281KB, 371x532px) Image search: [Google]
1500849808639.png
281KB, 371x532px
>>385192740
Pretty much literally everything desu
>>
>>385192975
Why do people say this series has bad writing?
>>
>>385193260
Because it does?
>>
>>385193260
MGS2 was the only metal gear game to have thought put into the plot and writing

Everything else is typical preachy bullshit
>>
>>385193260
Contrarianism. It's pushback because its so overwhelmingly well received and loved.
>>
It's the Evangelion of vidya
>>
>>385192740
The fact that everything that happened in the game.. everything....was orchestrated and planned and it worked. Also, having recently beat the game I can say Solidus really did no wrong (minus the child soldiers bit). I thought you guys were memeing but nope.
>>
>>385193381
I love the game and still think it has bad writing. Bad writing != bad story or message. It just needs a fucking editor. Rose nagging Raiden for 30 minutes about the bare walls in his apartment isn't good writing.
>>
>>385193260
Because by and large it does. Some of the characters are alright but the overall themes are pseudo-scientific, overly-flowery philosophical drivel that's already been done to death in other mediums. If you handed in a paper that was just a summary of the ideas presented in MGS2 you'd get an F in even the shittiest community college. It's literally sophomoric.
>>
>>385193260
It's the way /v/ works, my dude. Anything that is as highly regarded as Metal Gear at least MGS1-3 will get people calling it shit, even tho they never have any real arguments as to why
>>
>>385193260
Because it does, even MGS2? The ideas and themes are what makes it interesting, not the writing or story.
>>
>>385193480
.. you missed the point ENTIRELY.
>>
File: 1499849071464.png (1B, 486x500px)
1499849071464.png
1B, 486x500px
>>385193362
>>385193480
>>385193504
>>385193583
Is /v/ seriously this far gone? Jesus...
>>
>>385193686
>I Have Never Read a Book or Watched a Movie That Wasn't Capeshit: The Post
>>
>>385192740
Mechanically MGS2 is still my favorite. Some of the struts are maps I still revisit just to fuck around with all the Technologyâ„¢ and guard positioning/ai.

Like MGS3 is my overall favorite, MGS is my favorite thematically, but MGS2 to me is the MG2/MGS gameplay formula perfected. Maybe it encourages the stop and go first person mode a bit much but I love it.
>>
>>385193805
Not really, and you're delusional if you've actually convinced yourself of that
>>
>>385193676
>Doesn't even know how ellipses work
>Thinks MGS2 has good writing

Really jogged my noggin.
>>
/v/'s contrarianism knows no bounds. First it was Metal Gear has bad writing, and now it's even evolved to all games have bad writing.
>>
What's with the bizzare pseudointellectuallism I've been seeing recently? All the BS about metal gear having a bad narrative, and all video game stories being bad. It's nonsense. You fedora tipping enlightened fucks need to chill out a bit.
>>
>>385192740
Kojima was pisssed that fanboys completely missed/ignored the message of the original and kept clamoring for a sequel even though he had no desire to make one. So, he did everything he could in the sequel to mock everyone that completely missed the point of the original, whilst doing everything to deconstruct government, society, and video games all in one game just to piss off the people annoying him.

And we all fell for it, eating the whole thing up and still singing Kojima's praises
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.