[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PS vita or Nintendo 3dsl

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 11

File: Aqua-Blue-PS-Vita-Front.jpg (264KB, 1280x619px) Image search: [Google]
Aqua-Blue-PS-Vita-Front.jpg
264KB, 1280x619px
Should I get the PS vita or Nintendo 3ds?. Write a 1000 word persuasive essay detailing which one I should get. It should have a clear thesis and concluding paragraph.
>>
>>385180818
Whichever you feel like.
-3DS for more games
-Vita for Japanese games and indies and GRAMFICS

fuck your paragraph and thesis
>>
I think you should build a $2000 rig so you can play all dem emulators, OP.
>>
>>385180818
3DS, more exclusives and it has a slightly brighter future. Most of the best Vita games you can play on the PS3 or PS4.
>>
-3DS if you like N64/Wii U games on the go
-Vita if you want PS3/4 games on the go and enough fucking visual novels to put Steam to shame.
>>
>>385181138
In my country you'll get stoned to death of you play a jrpg so I don't want the whole world to look at my screen when I'm playing
>>
>>385180818
Saying this as a former vita owner:

The vita is dead.
many of the apps for it don't even work anymore, for example, youtube's app hasn't been maintained since 2015 and won't even launch anymore.

I'm not saying you need to be able to watch youtube on your vita, but it's a prime example of the ecosystem's decay. No one cares about the vita, you'll maybe get 5 more decent releases before everyone drops development for it.

3DS also has a huge backlog of games, tons of times bigger than the vita. It's no contest man.

Even when I had my vita hacked so I could play literally all of the games for free, it hardly got touched. There's just nothing worth while aside from ports. (and yeah P4G counts as a port)
>>
File: chaika middle finger.jpg (44KB, 506x340px) Image search: [Google]
chaika middle finger.jpg
44KB, 506x340px
>>385180818
>Write a 1000 word persuasive essay detailing which one I should get. It should have a clear thesis and concluding paragraph.
>>
File: 1467481820304.jpg (6KB, 236x252px) Image search: [Google]
1467481820304.jpg
6KB, 236x252px
>>385180818
Emulation:
Get a Vita. More power for emulation means shit runs smoother, especially SNES games. SMRPG even runs fine.

Games:
It's an even split for different reasons. The 3DS's first party titles can't be beat by anything the Vita has alone, but the Vita has an insanely cool indie library. It was the only way to play Isaac portably until it was put on the switch. Axiom Verge and Shovel Knight are on it as well.

Hackability:
Vita can be hacked below(preferably on) 3.60 firmware. The 3DS can be hacked as far as to replace the internal firmware. The Vita is easier to do, but temporary. The 3DS is harder to do, but permanent upon reboot of the system. Do note that hacking a system for the purposes of installing games might be leveraged by your internal storage options on the system itself. The Vita has those shitty sony SD cards. 3DS can use microsd, but someone is selling an SD-card mount for the VITA that plugs into the game card slot. Hit reddit.

They're both fucking good.
>>
>>385181683
I'll post this as someone who's not falseflagging nintenyeardrone.

Upcoming Vita releases:

Danganronpa V3
Root Double- Before Crime * After Days
Touhou Kobuto V: Burst Battle
Fault Milestone One
Rabi-Ribi
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
Tokyo Xanadu
Bad Apple Wars
Collar X Malice
Period: Cube ? Shackles of Amadeus
World End Economica
The Longest Five Minutes
God Wars: Future Past
Hakuouki: Kyoto Winds
Mary Skelter: Nightmares
Cladun Returns: This is Sengoku!
Operation Babel: New Tokyo Legacy
Fallen Legion
Summon Night 6: Ear Cancer Dub
Valkyria Revolution
Demon Gaze II
Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
Accel World VS. Sword Art Online
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana
Tokyo Tattoo Girls
Warriors All-Stars
Drive Girls
Yomawari: Midnight Shadows
Chaos;Child
Undertale
Penny-Punching Princess
Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[st]

Haters gonna hate
>>
Vita has exactly 1 good exclusive game (P4 Golden)
>>
>>385181885
Literally all of that is shovelware trash that only sells to weebs with no taste.
>>
File: 1425894474866.jpg (47KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1425894474866.jpg
47KB, 500x400px
I am not getting paid to shill you shit, figure it out yourself.
>>
Did they ever figure out how to get newer Vita games to play on a hacked system? I remember hearing about the SD card replacement for 3G.
>>
>>385181885
I'm not false flagging, how many of those games are actually worth buying and aren't getting multiplat releases? And if you don't believe me about the youtube app go check it yourself.

A big list of games isn't impressive if you don't care about any of them / you can get them somewhere else. I don't even know why I'm bothering to explain this to you, you're probably just a loyal sony fan who would defend anything of theirs over anything nintendo. Nintendo makes bad choices, but the 3DS is a solid handheld all things considered.

It's just a shame the Vita didn't get more love because on paper it's a better device than the 3DS all the way. I'm sure you'll make some point about how you don't like the games on the 3DS or something like that, but honestly, the Vita doesn't even compare no matter how you look at it.
>>
>>385182119
>>385182305
It's funny how a list of upcoming vita games always bring out the butthurt nintendo fanboys.
>>
>>385182283
Not that I know of, last word from the scene was that the games will need to be patched individually, which will take the talent of a very dedicated and skilled person basically.
>>
>>385181885
OP, I own both here, ignore any game that has a title that matches the likes of "World Double Girls x Birth By Sleep Warriors: God Tri Epic Princess" AKA majority of that list.
>>
>>385182389
And to reiterate, I like the Vita, but you have to be the biggest virgin basement dweller to enjoy games on that list. If that's your thing that's fine, then I'd say buy a Vita, but if not, you won't enjoy those games.
>>
File: YyBkmsc.gif (1MB, 321x388px) Image search: [Google]
YyBkmsc.gif
1MB, 321x388px
>>385182371
I'm not sure if you're baiting or if you actually are just shoving your fingers in your ears and going "la la la can't hear you", but either way it's kinda pathetic.
>>
>>385180818
Its a easy equation.
Vita = superior hardware and games
3DS = inferior hardware and no games
I own both and I wish I only picked the Vita back then.
If you have a PC you can even emulate 3DS games if you want.
>>
>>385180818
Vita, has Persona 4 Golden, Persona 3 Portable, Gravity Rush, Freedom Wars, Spelunky, Binding of Isaac, and so much more. With 3DS all you get are the same shitty kid's games that Nintendo's been rehashing for the past three decades.
>>
>>385181885
Half of those are VN "games", the other half is comprised almost entirely of multiplatform games and 8-bit looking indies.

>Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
Vita's port is going to be cancelled and you know that.

I like the Vita, but c'mon, the system is dead.
>>
File: 1000words.png (39KB, 1202x264px) Image search: [Google]
1000words.png
39KB, 1202x264px
Error: Comment too long (5452/2000).
>>
File: 1467759006191.png (196KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
1467759006191.png
196KB, 557x605px
Vita for portable emulation
>>
I got a vita for the year im living in Japan and im enjoying it so far (playing through p4 golden). Ill probably move on to the mgs collection or disgea next, I have a lot of playstation games I missed over the years.
>>
>>385182615
>Persona 3 Portable
PSP game.
>>
>>385182915
Can be played on Vita if you get it digital.
>>
>>385182386
Fuck.
>>
>>385182492
>>385182707
You fail to realize all you've ever done was give a opinion and you made it clear you hate the vita and love the 3ds.

You act as if 3ds never gotten ports before or as if 3ds doesn't have weeb games at all. This is the double standard Nintendo fanboys fail to realize in every thread. Is Metroid: Samus Returns not a remake of Metroid 2? Is Pokemon Ultra Moon not just a upgraded version of Pokemon Moon?

Yes lets all bash the vita while giving nintendo a free pass!!
>>
>>385180818
>Write a 1000 word persuasive essay detailing which one I should get. It should have a clear thesis and concluding paragraph.
>Spoon feed me please!

Fuck off.
>>
File: Noire bath nosound.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Noire bath nosound.webm
3MB, 640x360px
3DS if you like actually video games. Vita if you like shit like this
>>
>>385182707
>I like the Vita, but c'mon, the system is dead.

If dead means getting all those new games listed above... what does being alive mean? The 3ds doesn't even have half the upcoming games vita is getting.
>>
>>385183674
Vita may be for disgusting weebs, but it's also for people who actually like variety and good quality in their games. 3DS is for little kids who get their mommy to buy the same game with a different title over and over again because the internet said it was good.
>>
>>385180818
How about choose the one that has the games you want to play you retarded piece of shit?
>>
>>385180818
Get a PSP and play emulate the n64 and GBA. Play best Castlevanias
>>
>>385184056
>PSP
>N64 emulation
>>
I got a 3ds on monday. No regrets.
>>
>>385183550
Dude what is wrong with you?
I actually don't hate the vita or love the 3DS, I just actually think the 3DS has more intrinsic value at this point in time.
Not everyone views everything from a fanboy perspective like you do. Like, jesus man, are you even hearing yourself?
>Yes lets all bash the vita while giving nintendo a free pass!!
Jesus Christ it's embarrassing. You're acting like such a baby over some perceived attack on a piece of hardware you like. I already said the Vita had better hardware and some good games, but it's dead at this point with only niche games and multiplats coming out. Calm down you autist.
>>
>>385184102
I mean it's not great, but mario 64 was OK. That's literally all I played though.
>>
>>385180818
Both.
But Vita if you only can get one, I like playing SNES games on mine.
>>
File: delet.jpg (65KB, 636x960px) Image search: [Google]
delet.jpg
65KB, 636x960px
>>385183893
>that
>quality
>>
>>385184398
You can't reason with vita fans they're rabid.
>>
>>385184690
Is it wrong of me to say that Persona 4 Golden is far better than another mediocre 3d Mario game?
>>
File: shamefurdispray.jpg (158KB, 319x480px) Image search: [Google]
shamefurdispray.jpg
158KB, 319x480px
>>385184398
Nigga, you haven't presented a shred of argument in that post. All you've done is thrown insults and call vita posters embarrassing. You've done nothing to argue any of the points in my previous post.

You're the embarrassing one. You claim it's dead but the list of upcoming games refute your entire bullshit. You claim it's only multiplat but give free pass to posts like Samus Returns.

Now go fuck yourself.
>>
>>385185013
Even P4 Dancing beats anything on the 3ds.
>>
Vita for more original games, 3DS for nintendo rehashes and an okayish library of jrpgs. You should only buy handhelds for jrpgs anyways.
>>
>>385180818
why the fuck would you EVER buy ds when the switch exist?

you're part of the problem
>>
>>385185314
maybe he wants to play video games
>>
>>385183550
There's a huge difference between an exclusive remake or an upgraded version and multiplatform VNs, indies and a couple of downgraded PS4 ports.

Even with just a Metroid II remake and an upgraded Pokemon game (and Fire Emblem Echoes, released recently) , Nintendo has shown more dedication to their handheld platform than Sony to Vita during the last 3 years.

>>385183706
As I said, half of that list isn't game (visual novels) and the 3DS is also dead.
>>
File: 1318951924337.png (167KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1318951924337.png
167KB, 500x400px
>get N3DSXL
>buy DS flashcart for DS games
>softmod it to get all 3DS games + emulators for NES, SNES, GB, GBC, GBA, Master System, Genesis/ Mega Drive, Game Gear, etc

best purchase of my life just make sure to buy 64gb micro sds for the flashcart and for the N3DSXL
>>
>>385185527
>There's a huge difference between an exclusive remake or an upgraded version and multiplatform VNs, indies and a couple of downgraded PS4 ports.

You're right. The difference is most people already played the shit out of the remakes and upgraded games back then before it was remade or upgraded. While most people never played the newly released multiplatform game because it's the first time it comes out.

Enjoy replaying your old shit again with shiny new coating while the rest of us play new shit.
>>
>>385185527
>Nintendo has shown more dedication to their handheld platform than Sony to Vita during the last 3 years.

That's not dedication. That's just milking the shit out of idiots like you.
>>
>>385182556
lmao
>>
>>385185989
>Vita getting new, original titles with lots of variety
>"Sony's milking the shit out of idiots like you"
>3DS literally only has mediocre/shitty sequels and rehashes
>"dur muh 3ds is da bomb hur dur i wanna suck miyamoto's dick all night long"
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.