[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: controller.jpg (25KB, 522x363px) Image search: [Google]
controller.jpg
25KB, 522x363px
Is it any good?
>>
here, watch cut priced CrowbCat's video and decide for yourself afterwards
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt-Bf1tQcPQ
>>
>>385179521
No
>>
For?

No seriously, that's its weakness, the whole "for" factor. If you are on your desk, you don't need it. If you are on a console like setup or a steamlink for couch console experience, the bluetooth Current Xbox One controller will be optimal 90 percent of the of the time, and fully compatible/usable 97 percent of the time, while this is serviceable like 80 percent of the time, but. BETTER 100 percent of the time for cursor-based games with the need for better tracking speed, shooters, RTS and trackball emulation.

So get it IF it is on sale IF you have the games that benefit from it and IF you don't game on a desk. otherwise, you are wasting money.
>>
>>385179521
only if you git gud at using it

memes aside, it has a learning curve for usage if that makes any sense, it takes a while to get used to using the touchpads as replacements for sticks/a mouse, but it winds up being somewhere in between in terms of usefulness. There's a fuckton of customization options you can fiddle with to make games pretty much perfect to play though, and community controller settings show up when you're trying to mess with settings so you don't usually have to make the settings yourself
>>
>>385179521

It's the best way to play Wii games.

The touchpad allows you to do waggle without actually waggling
>>
>>385179829
You just sold me
>>
>>385179961

It's something not many people think about but oh man, being able to play Mario Galaxy with a normal controller and still pick up star pieces with the cursor is super nice.
>>
It's best strength is that you can play games you'd never thought you'd play relaxing on a couch. It was rather enjoyable and worked well with FTL for instance.

It's pretty difficult to get used to for FPS and other games requiring faster and/or more precise movements. I found I constantly overshot my target when trying to aim at something.
>>
I absolutely hate it. waste of 50$, no, it doesn't get more comfortable after using the touchpad for weeks, it's still awkward for most games
>>
>>385179521
great for civ iv
>>
I like mine.

Still haven't gotten gud at FPS with it since I'm still too used to KB+M, but otherwise it's replaced my broken 360 pad for pretty much every other game including fightan. The touchpad takes a bit to get used to, but otherwise it feels great.

Just wait for a sale. It's certainly not $50 worth of controller, but for $35 it's a good wireless pad.
>>
>>385179778
>all those complaints about how far you have to move your thumb
Holy shit people are insanely lazy these days... or they all just have tiny hands I guess.
>>
It's amazing for some things and worthless for others.

What do you want it for?

If it's anything with mouse or keyboard driven UI or any sort of 3D with a shooter style camera it's great.

If it's for anything that's meant for a d-pad or stick and buttons and nothing else then it's useless.
>>
I have one and I like it.

In particular I spent a lot of time playing Dark Souls on it, assigning roll/run to the left paddle and items to the right paddle was very useful, the touchpad was also very useful for camera control and targeting enemies and I like it more than playing with a traditional dual-stick controller.
>>
>>385179521
Ita fucking awesome with gyro aim. Love it. Hated it at first bkw fully tweaked its a blast.
>>
>>385179818
>If you are on your desk, you don't need it.
Just wanted to chime in and say I use it at my desk, just because you're at a desk doesn't mean you can't lean back, kick your feet up and use a controller.
>>
Check out some of this guys videos for ideas of how customisable and useful it can be.
https://www.youtube.com/user/ExistentialEgg/videos
>>
I cant go back to using a small arse monitor. Its rad.
>>
It needs more natively supported games and for some autist to write a comprehensive guide to making the right trackpad work for any game. Mostly the second one, because that's what will stop people from using it. Sure the configurations can be changed for any game, but it's unintuitive.
>>
>>385182339
You know what they say about small hands…
>>
>>385183672

In my experience you can usually just download other users' configs and they tend to work pretty well. I understand that one size doesn't always fit all, but in general they're mostly spot-on.
>>
File: gaben ama censorship.jpg (142KB, 961x713px) Image search: [Google]
gaben ama censorship.jpg
142KB, 961x713px
>>385179521
nope it's horrible i bought it when they had xcom2 + steam controller sale for like 45 euros but played on it maybe 2h.

You know why? Because every time when i used it i felt like m+kb would be better.

It's trash for racing, fighting and platformer games so why would i bother?

It's the best dust collector valve has ever created.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.