[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pyre thread Current one is unsalvageable garbage edition. >Who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: 20170725170740_1.jpg (414KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170725170740_1.jpg
414KB, 1920x1080px
Pyre thread

Current one is unsalvageable garbage edition.

>Who have you freed
>Who have you lost to
>Who the best girl and why is it Jodi

Apparently they might add online multiplayer to this which would be welcome. I'd definitely waste a few weeks locking you niggas in purgatory.
>>
Is the OST ripped yet?
>>
>so butthurt people are disliking his game that he buries his head in the sand to make a new thread

have a pity (You)
>>
>>385178376
Ripped? The entire thing is on youtube.
>>
>>385178384
>A billion posts of the same "It's shit" post
>150 replies 30 posters
Yeah nothing out of the ordinary.

(you)
>>
>>385178446
Yeah, but I want to be able to listen to it on the way to work.
>>
>>385178509
I dont know. Probably whatever your usual sources are within a day or two
>>
>expected to drop it because sports
>Turns out pretty fun.

It's not Bastion level fun, in terms of the core gameplay, but it's not like it's a pain to play like Fifa or something.
I do hope it gets deeper though

Is there an estimate to how long the game is?
>>
>>385178882
>I do hope it gets deeper though
How far in are you.

Game length is roughly: 20 hours
>>
File: 1367524840497.jpg (10KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
1367524840497.jpg
10KB, 126x126px
They give you update about your companions that have left purgatory.
>>
I didn't like the game much, but i do want that huge horned woman to molest my dick for hours
>>
File: 1360298856401.gif (164KB, 425x417px) Image search: [Google]
1360298856401.gif
164KB, 425x417px
>Sir Gilmanns combat trial
I THOUHT I KINDA KNEW HOW TO USE THIS SLIPPERY FUCKER
>>
So can you free every character or do some always stay?
>>
>>385181524
if you haven't picked up the enlightenment skill get, grab the one that refreshes your stamina on catching the ball

you can literally bumrush the ball, jump over the exile trying to grab you and sprint to the pyre without running dry
>>
>>385177759
>Played for a few
>Too repetitive and boring to continue

I'll keep it around for now I guess, maybe I'll come back to it at some point.
>>
>>385183140
I picked up the one with the increased attack radius instead and just got it.

>>385183162
What the fuck is a few?
>>
Ok. I need an opinion that's not from marketers. If I liked Transistor but not Bastion, will I like Pyre?
>>
>>385183876
well i liked transistor and bastion

what did you like about transistor that you didn't like about bastion exactly
>>
File: playtime.png (119KB, 340x236px) Image search: [Google]
playtime.png
119KB, 340x236px
>>385183876
Like every other game from these guys it's great fun but different from the other ones.
>>
>>385178991
more like 4 hours x 5 runs

I just beat the initial part it one sitting honestly more around 3and a half hours with 0 losses and taking my time
>>
>>385183876
If you liked those games for their presentation and story, you'll most likely like Pyre. If you liked them for the top-down Zelda combat, you might not like this one.
>>
>>385183962
I found Bastions combat lackluster, It was extremely simple and the narrative lacked agency. Transistor immideately through you into the action, and showed how your character developed and changed in the first few encounters. I've heard Pyre is 20 hours long, is it dragged out or is their actual substance to those 20 hours?
>>
>>385184625
Pretty much this. I love Bastion still but it feels so standard compared to Transistor and Pyre in terms of combat and other things.
>>
>>385177759
>mfw Harpy girl tries to get you to throw the Liberation Rite so her sister can go free
>So far saved Jodi and Rukey. We had a deal, and I'm not helping anyone else until they're set.
>>
>>385184625
There is substance, but a lot of it is story driven and reading and talking. The NBA Jam competition is a pretty small part of the game all told. It does atmosphere better than the other two games though.
>>
>>385184625
>narrative lacked agency
i'm not sure what you mean, transistor ultimately had no significant narrative choices whereas bastion had 2

pyre definitely has more meaningful decisions if that's what you're looking for

>combat
the two really aren't comparable to pyre, i'd advise downloading the demo and just trying out the first few missions for yourself
>>
>>385184871
Logan Cunninghams character in this game honestly has a better voice than Rucks in my opinion. And the situational narration thing they ironed out in the last two games translates perfectly. Probably the best in game announcer I've heard in terms of just lines and delivery but also how situational they can be.
>>
This is by far their best game in every aspect and gameplay wise too.
Goddamn this is fun.
>>
>>385185012
meant to say "buying the game and trying out the first few missions and returning if you don't like it"
>>
>>385185052
Man, I love the way Logan introduces Ti'zo. That thinly veiled contempt in his voice is just on point. As much as I loved Rucks announcing and narrating everything you do in Bastion, Logan feels like so much more of a character in Pyre.
>>
>>385184871
So pyre is more focused on the narrative stuff than the gameplay? Is it basically banner saga then with NBA jam instead of normal combat?
>>385185012
By agency, I mean that bastion just plopped you into the world and expected you to follow the path the narrator guided you towards. Transistor opens and bam, you the main character standing over a dead body. You pull out a sword and it fucking talks. It immediately get's your interest in wanting to find more, not a narrator telling you to go xyz. It does happen, but you yourself are invested whereas bastion has a huge buy-in till you get to the town.

didn't know there was a demo, Ill check it out, thanks
>>
>>385185303
Yeah, Pyre is a lot more narrative Focused. However, after you get through the first "Cycle" of trials, the game opens up and gives you a lot more choices for what you can do. It's basically The Banner Saga with Sports instead of Grid Battles. Which for me is a compliment, but I could definitely see why people wouldn't like it.
>>
>>385185303
sorry anon there isn't a demo, i misspoke, i got confused with the gdc demo they had a while back

if you're talking agency in the sense of "player control propels the plot forward", nothing is preordained in pyre and player choices in choosing where your little cart rides off to, as well as determining the outcome of the rites, have immediate effects on the plot

there isn't any omniscient narrator telling you what happened and what didn't, besides a sports announcery type guy that commentates the rites

that's what i've got about six hours in anyway
>>
>>385185876
Another thing to add is that you can never "Lose" Pyre. You can make shitty decisions and lose every single Rite, but the game never ends because of it. You never get a game over. I think that helps shape the narrative because you know you should win every Rite, but even if you don't, the game doesn't tell you you're wrong.
>>
I like the game, but I wish there was more to the Oregon Trail stuff. After the first liberation rite, you can roam over the map, but the game still plays the same as before (choose one of two routes, get rewarded and then follow to the rite).
The trinkets on the caravan are pretty cool, it would be nice if they actually served to some purpose.
>>
>>385186012
So the enemies don't actually get sent off after they beat you? I was wondering if you could have every team exiled but your own
>>
Honestly, don't even bother making Pyre threads for a few days. Anyone who likes it is still playing (or taking a break, like me), and everyone in these threads are either literal shitposters or people who just didn't enjoy the core gameplay loop.
That said, I'm not sure why there's such rampant shitposting. Almost as bad as Transistor was
>>
>>385187332
They do get sent off, but only at the Liberation Rite
>>
>>385187760
You've seen nothing. Imagine being a fan of Prey...
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.