[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Done. I finished Fallout 4. It was better than expected.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 16

File: 377160_20170725220008_1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
377160_20170725220008_1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Done. I finished Fallout 4. It was better than expected.
>>
>>385172693
congratulations
>>
>>385172797
Thanks. A lot of infinite side quests and only once did I have to open the console to fix a bugged quest. So not too bad.
>>
>>385173702
did you enjoy it?

fallout 4 for me was a bore, but now with sim settlements and horizon i'm actually enjoying it.
>>
>>385174036
I love doing side missions, so yeah. Did not do the DLC, but it was fun. Just kinda sad that to side with the Railroad, I had to betray everybody else. I didnt care too much for Father though.
>>
>>385174184
i sided with the institutes because synth arent real people.

i kinda want to side with the railroad because i like nick, but jesus fuck i cant stand them.

brotherhood of steel are righteous cunts as well.
>>
>enjoyed Fallout 4
>enjoyed grinding boring, poorly written side quests
>sided with the Railroad
Anon, just stop.
>>
I congratulate an actual conversation without a flame war. While the quick exchange without interruption is suspect that it's all one person, I respect the effort to express an opinion.

Also Dogmeat best companion.
>>
>>385174472
I somehow always side with the Brotherhood in all games, and then end up being against them because they are too Lawful Good.
>>
>>385174508
>Stop having fun in things that I don't find fun.
>>
>>385174574
I went with Piper wielding a Rocket Sledge
Went 10 Charisma mode with buffing settlements and Piper. Finished the game at around level 60 so I also had all the weapons traits to max and was about to start Sniper.
>>
File: 1500773588851.jpg (74KB, 456x386px) Image search: [Google]
1500773588851.jpg
74KB, 456x386px
>>385174659
this, but unironcally
>>
>>385174659
take your shit taste and objectively wrong opinions back to plebbit. the game sucks. it's objectively terrible. not liking it doesn't mean we're being contrarians. it means you're a subhuman and we have taste and standards
>>
>>385174785
>posting on /v/
>calling others subhumans
Kek
>>
Funny, I just finished today as well and went with Brotherhood because it felt like they were the only one with a clear plan and the means to secure it
>>
File: Screenshot_313.png (197KB, 317x395px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_313.png
197KB, 317x395px
>>385174785
It's okay to not like things, but dont be a dick about it.
>>
>sided with railroad
The absolute mentality. Eww
>>
Really? I modded all gun damage to 7x it's value and tried playing it as a poor man's stalker. Made it hell more enjoyable but I still couldn't finish the main quest.
>>
>>385174508
i just enjoyed exploring and surviving on survival desu.

cant imagine playing it on regular difficulty, the story was so fucking trash
>>
>>385175080
AI lives matter. We saved the slaves.
>>
>>385175031
Is... is this supposed to be a positive?
>>
Minutemen here. I just liked the colonial look.
>>
>>385174785
this guy is probably some tripfag from touhou general or something
>>
>>385175198
Mostly.
>>
>>385175208
I was siding with the Minute Men, but then the Railroad told me they would never accept Synths.
>>
>>385175262
small kek
>>
>>385175310
Fine by me. I kinda hated the whole idea of synths, anyway.
>>
>>385175184
>muh slaves
Robots anon. There was nothing more satisfying than rolling up to DiMAs place and throwing shock collars on everyone.
>>
>>385175432
Sentient robots are still sentient though. The fact that they are created by manufacturing and not by biology does not make it any less valid that they have complex emotions and free will.
>>
>>385175603
Do they though? Or is it just a sophisticated social chat algorithm?
>>
>>385175817
If you cant tell, then they are a real AI. What if it's a simulation and everybody you ever met is just a social chat algorithm?
>>
>>385176036
Are you implying we are all synths?
>>
>>385172693
I'm glad you enjoyed it, anon, but the game is actually fucking trash. I'd recommend you play New Vegas or something next to see what a real FPS RPG looks like.
>>
It has to be one of the most underrated games to exist, it's not great but people really bash it like it's the worst game ever.
>>
>>385176278
I played Fallout 3 and NV.
Brotherhood And Alone victories for both
>>
>>385176368
The game is clearly a 7-8/10. But it's disappointing, and nothing annoy more fanboys of a series than hype and then less than perfection.

A bad game is better than a disappointing game in most cases in their eyes because they treat a 7/10 like a 2/10
>>
I enjoyed the game too, but the the narrative side of the game was really weak.

The only dialogue options being "Yes," "No," "I am a sarcastic asshole," and "More information" made the dialogue feel really constrained. Also the story doesn't really make sense.

After Shaun made me head of the Institute, why does everyone else treat me like an asshole when I could just use the technology for good? The game never lets me argue for using the Institute's resources to better the Wasteland.

The only options for the endgame were "Fuck the surface world, we will use our advanced technology to only help the people down here" and "Fuck the advanced technology that could benefit the Wasteland, blow it all up in a nuclear explosion."

And if Shaun was kidnapped because the Institute needed DNA unaffected by radiation, why was everyone else in cryosleep killed? You could say they needed a baby for some reason, but in the opening scene they refer to the protagonist as the backup, so it doesn't make sense to kill off all the other backups.

I mean, I still enjoyed the game, but one of the parts I enjoyed the least was the story elements.
>>
Does anyone else start a playthru on survival, get rite into it, then die to some stupud raider patrol and loose 5 hours of exploration?
Makes me drop the game for months at a time.
>>
>>385175603

are synths robots? at least 3rd gen synths? I remember father saying his dna went into developing the 3rd gen so wouldn't that make them mostly clones
>>
>>385176750
Well it's modified DNA, but yeah they are Biologic and Mechanic. They are the equivalent of clones that have a mechanized arm. They can make their own decisions and go against their masters.
>>
>>385176683
yeah that part about blowing up the institute really pisses me off, like wouldn't you want to restore humanity with the institutes tech "oh no that would mean messing with the natural order" and shit like that. man maybe the brotherhood wasn't such a good idea to ally with in hindsight.
>>
>>385176683
The cryo was an error. You can go read the logs and see that the other guys didnt make it due to power issues.
>>
>>385175603
>>385176036
no and no.

synths do not feel. they react like they feel. but they do not truly feel.

its basically pretend. just because he's fooling you doesn't make it true.
>>
>>385177017
I didn't play earlier Fallouts BUT I think the Brotherhood of Steel's argument was since advanced tech brought the nuclear war, mankind can't be trusted with any advanced tech at all, so at least they're consistent, I guess. But it really sucks that you never get the option to use the Institute to help the Wasteland and nobody ever even takes it as a possibility, except for the last sentence of Piper's article if you side with the Institute.

>>385177101
That would make more sense. I remember reading some of the logs when I started the game, but I forgot that part. Why would they kill off your spouse, though? Maybe it would be hard to put them back into cryosleep, but then why not just kidnap them for their DNA, too?
>>
>>385177526
Robots dont disagree with each other. Sentient AI does.
>>
>>385177564
They killed the mother because he's a psychopath. That's really the only explanation on that.
>>
>>385177587
so? i wasnt talking about robots.
AI is still AI. its merely pretending.

it doesnt feel pain. it reacts to what its been programmed to think its pain.

this isnt complex mathematics. i don't see how some people fail to see this.
>>
>>385177645
I guess, but it still feels weird to me since when you go through Kellogg's memories, you see he had a good relationship with his mother and also that his wife (and baby's mother) deserved better than him, so even though he's a ruthless mercenary, I feel like he'd have a bit more sympathy for mothers.
>>
File: 1484956843796.gif (673KB, 500x211px) Image search: [Google]
1484956843796.gif
673KB, 500x211px
If I never hear the word "synth" said out loud again I'll die a happy man. The whole sentient android thing has been done to fucking death and they really, REALLY wanted to beat you over the head with it in F4. I'm glad they at least tried to bring something new to the series instead of just rehashing shit ad infinium like they did in 3, but my god they chose the most annoying cliche possible to do it with.

Why do so many games insist on making this trope their main focus?
>>
>>385177734
Just like your brain does. You dont feel pain, your brain tells you that you are hurt and create the pain reaction. If you remove a little part of your brain, you would never feel pain again.
>>
>>385177908
Well you can be either sex. If you are the woman, they kill the dad. He killed because they resisted.
>>
>>385177945
It's funny because the tease of the synths in Fallout 3 is super subtle and a non-issue, and I was hoping Fallout 4 would handle it the same way.

Instead synths are like a national obsession and every dickhead is constantly talking about them.
>>
>>385178057
Are you daft?
This doesn't matter. I would FEEL pain. FEEL is the essential, not the metric.

AI doesn't FEEL. It reacts to things in a manner that it was programmed either by itself or someone else to feel. If the AI is crying because his friend died he's not realy feeling sad. He's reacting to an event the way a set of rules in his brain told him to react.

Humans are similar in regards to how the "rules" of our brains tell us to react but that doesn't change the fact that regardless of HOW we react, we will FEEL something. An AI will tell you it is feeling something, will describe it to you, will act like he's actually feeling it, but in the end he is not.
>>
>>385177945
It's almost like Bethesda is creatively bankrupt or something.
>>
>>385178357
They do feel the same way your brain feel pain. A brain is just a biological computer.
>>
>>385178135
The spouse is another source of uncontaminated DNA, though. If for some reason Shaun's DNA wasn't suitable for certain experiments, they'd be screwed. It'd also help to be able to compare the effects of different kinds of uncontaminated DNA, as opposed to only being able to experiment on one kind.

Basically my point is there's a lot of value for the Institute in keeping the spouse alive. Kellogg is a bit psychopathic, but he's not unhinged. He's a soldier and follows orders. I don't see why the Institute would tell him "We need the baby and one of his parents. Go ahead and kill the other one if you need to."

Why didn't Kellogg just take your spouse and your kid together? Your spouse reacts badly because it felt like your son was being kidnapped. Why make it feel like a kidnapping at all? You've been asleep for 200 years. Kellogg could give a Futurama-style WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF TOMORROW! and your spouse wouldn't have any reason to be uncooperative.
>>
>>385178547
No. AIs don't need feelings, there is literally no point into programming AIs to have feelings, just to pretend they have them. Even if someone programmed AIs to have feelings (which IMO is impossible and as a programmer is pretty a fucking stupid idea) the AIs themselves would probably program the feelings out of themselves since they would serve no purpose.
>>
>>385174785
kill yourself you autistic obsidian cuck. your father chris avellone is a fucking garbage writer compared to JK rowling
>>
>>385178860
They do have feelings. They want to be free. You are as much a computer as they are. We are obviously at separate end of the spectrum, so I'll stop arguing on that subject. But you really need to not be that edgy. Feeling have a clear purpose for humans that allow us to go beyond animals.
>>
>>385180051
You might as well stop. Anon thinks Humans are magically special
>>
File: pepelynch.jpg (15KB, 276x368px) Image search: [Google]
pepelynch.jpg
15KB, 276x368px
>>385180051
I wasn't trying to be edgy. Feelings have a very clear place in humans as living entities. I've not against feelings, I love feeling feelings. They're what set living creatures apart from impersonators.

>>385180364
Fuck off. If you think what defines us as humans and living beings is just our brains you are seriously retarded.

We are a complex series of systems most of which we don't understand nearly enough to reprogram. Feeling something is not just a switch in the brain, its the temperature changing across your body, the different hormones being released in your meat sack and all the different species in your microbiota changing dying and coming back to life because you ate something different than you did the other day.

You can't program this shit, nigger. You can simulate it, but it still won't be the real deal, just a simulation.
>>
>>385174036
sim settlements?
>>
File: 1456672708975.png (205KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
1456672708975.png
205KB, 500x366px
I can't play Bethesda games without killing every NPC in the game the very second I have the power to.

Just kinda... fuck the story, really.
>>
>>385180721
>>385180721
> its the temperature changing across your body, the different hormones being released in your meat sack and all the different species in your microbiota changing dying and coming back to life because you ate something different than you did the other day.

Those are all simply stimuli to toggle the switches in your brain. Your brain tells you to feel feelings based off stimuli.

How would you describe feelings?
>>
>>385180721
I know it's scary to imagine but you're not special.
>>
>>385181285
First of all, your microbiota is not stimuli to toggle the switches in your brain. You have bacteria right now in your brain, yes, shocking.
AIs have no need for this level of authenticity to fool us into thinking they are human. And they'd never be able to get to that level of authenticity because the billions of bacteria that exist are basically impossible to program, especially since we don't even know all of them.

If you think it's just toggles in your brain you need to go read a fucking book.

https://ocw.mit.edu/courses/find-by-topic/#cat=healthandmedicine

Feelings are indescribable. Feeling them and not knowing how to quantify it not only is part of what makes us human, but also impossible to program.

AIs are purely reaction based.

>>385181842
It's neither scary nor am I special. Human beings are literally all the same in the aspect that they're all different and compromised of billions of other living beings in a synbiotic relationship.

You can program that, but it's stil not the real deal.

>>385180936
Yeah, it's pretty dope.
>>
File: Fo4-BoS-logo.png (245KB, 1100x1330px) Image search: [Google]
Fo4-BoS-logo.png
245KB, 1100x1330px
Anyone else feel like the Brotherhood was a lot like the Enclave?

>Anything not pure human are bad and need to be killed

>Anything not pure human are un-American and need to be killed
>>
>>385182031
>Yeah, it's pretty dope.
like sim city or Sims?
like top down view or what
>>
>>385182031
If there's literally no observable difference it might as well be the real deal. Yeah it's not 1:1 the same but you'll never know.
>>
>>385182207
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67Dj4m_uj5s

>>385182239
>If there's literally no observable difference it might as well be the real deal

Except its not. Its pretend. Just because you're girlfriend told you she wasn't rammed by two cocks at once and you can't tell be fisting her doesn't mean she wasn't stretched by two cocks.

Also, the fact that YOU can't tell it isn't human doesn't mean that every other single being in existence can't tell.
>>
>>385182239
>be prank called by a synth
>cant tell its not human
>might as well give him equal rights as all us human cunts r-right?
>>
>>385182439
But you can't tell so in every way that matters (your interaction with the robot) there's no difference.
>>
>played it on the ps4, thought it was boring as fuck
>played it modded to the gills on pc, had a blast

And I don't even mean weirdo pedo mods and giant hot air balloon tit mods, I mean actual retextures, base building, immersion, lighting, sound, etc.

Modding FO4 turns it into a whole different game and makes it fun.
>>
>>385182702
You just said that graphics made the game fun.

You are a low IQ pleb.
>>
>>385172693
It was a fun 35 hours for me. It didn't have the things I hoped for in a fallout game, but on it's own it was decent.

The dialogue was terrible and the story was dumb and the quests/sidestories were essentially nonexistant. It was very clear that they didn't bother working on a lot of towns and settlements so that you could "build your own" instead.
It also always really irked me that the bolt action rifle was left handed for no reason. It just looks so awkward to hold it by the trigger and just dinkily pull the bolt like that.

The choice between different factions, as well as the [scientifically superior race of humans threatening the existence of regular humans] was very clearly ripped off from new vegas and fallout 1, but they were good, so ripping them off is fine.
>>
>>385182678
Not to the naked eye, no. Doesn't mean I should give a fuck about synths or treat them as humans once I find out they're just machines.

Sure, I'll be buddies with a synth. Do I think it should have any constitutional rights? No, it's a fucking toaster that can hold a conversation.
>>
>>385182843
humans are just sacks of flesh that can hold a conversation. What makes our sentience any different from theirs?
>>
>>385182796

I listed a bunch of things, work on your reading comprehension.
>>
>>385182031
>Feelings are indescribable.

Not really.

You referenced "temperature and hormones", but those systems are pretty well understood.

>Feeling something is not just a switch in the brain, its the temperature changing across your body, the different hormones being released in your meat sack

We have reliable methods to diagnose and treat heat insensitivity and hormone imbalances. These are not mysteries at all.
>>
>>385182843
>Hey this guy is clearly a human based on everything I've observed and I have no reason to believe otherwise, he acts just like any other human, so of course constitutional rights extend to him
>Oh no actually his emotions and feelings are simulated in a different manner from mine I guess he no longer deserves constitutional rights

You are a fag. Humo supremacists are embarrassing.
>>
It was better than I expected too.

I expected 100% trash but it was only 99% trash.
>>
File: mt.png (43KB, 613x481px) Image search: [Google]
mt.png
43KB, 613x481px
>>385182940
Yes. We are not just our brains.

>>385182968
>those systems are pretty well understood
Congratulations on shouting at the top of mount stupid.

>We have reliable methods to diagnose and treat heat insensitivity and hormone imbalances. These are not mysteries at all.
Never said these things were a mystery, but treating them. Pretending they are happening in code and they actually happening are two different things.

>>385183036
>his emotions and feelings are simulated in a different manner from mine
Humans feelings are not simulated.

If you think your existence as a human boils down to your brain and how it thinks you need to go FURTHER THAN HIGH SCHOOL BIOLOGY.

Why the fuck am I having this conversation with a bunch of retards.
>>
>>385183259
I'll see you getting cucked during the robot uprising.
We'll see who'll be laughing then
>>
>>385183259
Literally psuedoscience.

>>385177945
They're literally just the supermutants from 1 but less green
>>
>>385183259
>Humans feelings are not simulated.
Then neither are the syths feelings. Literally your whole argument boils down to
>they're robots so their feeling aren't real to me!
>>
>>385178860
>If the AI is crying because his friend died he's not realy feeling sad. He's reacting to an event the way a set of rules in his brain told him to react.
If a human is crying because his friend died he's not really feeling sad. He's reacting to an event the way a set of rules in his brain told him to react.

>it doesnt feel pain. it reacts to what its been programmed to think its pain.
Humans don't feel pain. They just react to a stimulus

How do you know that human feelings are "real" feelings and robot feelings are "fake" feelings? How are they different?

How does consciousness exist outside of the brain, beyond contrived psuedoscience?

How do you define a consciousness, anyway?

What if a machine had the equivalent of those millions of made up brain bacteria you claim are essential to feeling?

You seem to think you know a lot about a topic that nobody knows anything about. Enlighten me.
>>
I haven't played it but can someone explain to me how flesh and blood synths are robots? It's not like they're flesh and skin over a cybernetic endoskeleton, so how are institute synths robots?
>>
>>385177945
>>385178186
They aren't even robots, they are just cloned people parts put together with machines.
>>
>>385183259
You really just seem against robots. If it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, eats and breathes and moves like a duck, has the same fucking BRAIN PATTERN as a duck, guess what. It's a fucking duck, even if it's made from metal and not flesh.
>>
File: 1476342725593.jpg (14KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1476342725593.jpg
14KB, 500x375px
>>385183259
>spews ad hominems
>can only say "you're wrong" and lacks the ability to articulate his argument or refute opposing arguments
I don't think you realize how unintelligent you appear. you need to try harder to give specific reasons why others are wrong and you're right.

you never explained the difference between real feelings and simulated ones. you claim human feelings are "real" but never explained why.

here >>385178357 you keep saying the difference between ai and humans is that humans "FEEL", but then here >>385182031 you say you can't even define what feelings are.

how can you possibly claim the difference between group 1 and 2 is that group 1 has attribute x without ever explaining what attribute x is
>>
>>385184101

wtf i think bruce jenner is a woman now!
>>
File: 3453553.jpg (31KB, 480x369px) Image search: [Google]
3453553.jpg
31KB, 480x369px
>>385174785
>>Being this autistic about an opinion
Who hurt you? do you even socialize or are you just a degenerate?
>>
File: 101.jpg (45KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
101.jpg
45KB, 1280x720px
Top moments in this game
>watching the prydwen fly over the commonwealth for the first time
>watching the prydwen crash and burn
>that quest where you have to help the robot pirates fix their ship
I hope fo5 lets me have my own airship fortress.
>>
>thinking sentience is a piece of code written that mimics human emotion and reasoning
>>
>>385183629
The point, retard, is that there's no reason for synths to have feelings. We have them because we're just everything and the kitchen sink thrown together; you're not gonna build your artificial intelligence to work that way. Unless they actually didn't build the synths at all but let them evolve naturally somehow. Which would be really retarded. Then again...
>>
>>385184030
It's not real flesh and blood, it's some sort of polymer.
>>
>>385184365
It is actually flesh and blood. They were just grown in vats with some implants.
>>
>>385172693
>"Let's rescue all the Synths who want to escape."
>"Sure."
>Start rescue mission.
>"BTW, while we're here, let's murder all the scientists here, and nuke all the civilization-advancing technology they're developing."
>"That's not really what I agreed to..."
>"Too bad, faggot. You want to finish the story, don't you?"

Fuck the Railroad.
>>
>>385184101
That's possibly the best example to actually help that anons argument. Using the duck as an example, uninformed or wilfully dumb people would call it a duck while those who were informed put had no reason to pretend would call it a robot that looked like a duck.
>>
>>385184582
>railroad railroads you

I hope someone at Bethesda noticed the irony
>>
>>385184364
>is that there's no reason for synths to have feelings.
Unless you're trying to make artificial humans. Which is exactly what the Institute is trying to do. Making something as close to humanity as possible. You can call that stupid but that's what's in the game.
>>
>>385184478
What the fuck are you talking about.
You can watch synths get built in the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4ZVheimQ-Y
They're literally made in a multi-stage 3d printer in 3 minutes.
>>
File: 1407791567473.jpg (84KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1407791567473.jpg
84KB, 720x480px
>>385184670
>helping disgusting race traitors
>>
>>385182031
So an alien species that could feel and communicate at the same capacity as humans wouldn't really be feeling if it had different bacteria?
>>
>>385183365
>>385183492
>>385183629
>>385184101
>>385184158

I feel sad for you brainlets.

I'm tired and off to sleep. How about you guys just pat yourselves in the back and pretend I gave up because you were to smart or something.

>>385183989
Asking the real questions here anon. I don't regard consciousness alone as what makes us human, especially since our consciousness has a dependent and synbiotic relationship to the rest of us. Without that relationship we are simply not human.

>You seem to think you know a lot about a topic that nobody knows anything about. Enlighten me.

Read up on medicine about the endocrine and digestive systems on MIT OpenCourseware, they go on PubMed and read everything you can find on microbiome and how it affects your brain.

Also read the stuff on Computer Engineering so you'll see why digital will never fully be like analog even if we can't distinguish it.

The fact of the matter is AI will never be 100% accurate without working together perfectly with organic life. AI by itself is just a simulation.

If you put an AI in a human body that can age, and have an actual bioorganical interaction with the environment in a way that directly changes the physical structure of the AI then we'd have something interesting too look at and ponder.

Synths in Fallout don't even age or gain/lose weight. Their organs are just for show.
>>
>>385184158
>how can you possibly claim the difference between group 1 and 2 is that group 1 has attribute x without ever explaining what attribute x is
It's worse than that. He said feelings are indescribable and unquantifiable and yet he's 100% certain that they could never be simulated even though BY HIS OWN ADMISSION he knows nothing about them.

Really gives a new perspective on the image he posted earlier.
>>385183259

>>385184848
>gets called out for being full of shit
>"I'm tired and off to sleep."
>>
>>385173702
how to fix a bugged quest.
>>
>>385184848
>brainlets.
Fuck off /sci/
>>
>>385184592
I dunno man, it's essentially a duck. There's no reason -not- to call it a duck. It's duck enough.

It's like a perfect post-op transexual is /basically/ a woman. I mean, they -technically aren't-, if you go by xx's and xy's or whatever, but you might as well call them one, because there's no reason to point out the technicality.
>>
>>385184592
In that case it should be seen as a robot that looks like a duck but it should also be treated as a robot that feels as a duck.
>>
>Blew up the Institute of massacring everyone inside
>Massacred the Railroad
>Massacred the Brotherhood and blew up their ship
I, alone, am king of this wasteland.
>>
>>385184582
>try to join railroad
>first synth-saving mission
>"alright, we need to get this guy to safety, lives are valuable!"
>14 people died to save this one "life", on both sides
>synth says some "bleep bloorp, does not compute" bullshit
>immediately join the institute and become bladerunner with my assistant the black guy from equilibrium.
>>
>>385184848
>I don't regard consciousness alone as what makes us human, especially since our consciousness has a dependent and synbiotic relationship to the rest of us
Well I do.

The body just keeps the brain working. A brain in a jar would still be a person.

Either way, fuck you.
>>
If synths are "flesh and blood robots" like that idiotic Bladerunner meme, and the institute kidnaps people, kills them, and then sends copies of them into the wasteland for reasons, how is it that you come across at least one instance of two guys who look exactly alike arguing over which one is the real human?

I even saved before that encounter and tried killing both. I got both with headshots, made their heads explode, and both were flesh and blood, no robot skulls at all.

So

A. how are they robots if they're flesh
B. how did a guy copied remain alive and unaware until he randomly met his copy in the wasteland

This whole part of the plot smacked of retards on the writing staff who thought they were so clever when really they're retards.
>>
>>385184848
>If you put an AI in a human body that can age, and have an actual bioorganical interaction with the environment in a way that directly changes the physical structure of the AI
What is quantum tunneling.
What is silicone degradation.
In 500 years processors made today will have more personality than you ever did.
>>
>>385174785
oh boy this post made some people angry
>>
>>385185231

Negro, go work on a 50 year old radio and tell me how well their capacitors still work.

Protip: they don't, they've gone from being capacitors to "leaky" resistors from just a few years of existence. This is one of the reasons why computers and robots working 200+ years after their manufacture is beyond stupid and requires leaps and bounds of suspension of disbelief.
>>
>>385185087
Yeah, if I ever play again, I'm going Institute. They just want to be left alone, while they quietly try to dig humanity out of the cesspool they're currently in. It's the most reasonable outcome, compared to the Railroad's "Refugees Welcome" bullshit, and the Brotherhood's "Kill the shit out of everyone" extreme.
>>
>>385172693
in about a month you will forget everything about it and wonder how you spent 50 hours in it.
>>
>>385184959
Ducks can make more ducks, ducks can be eaten, ducks are ancestors of fucking dinosaurs who still retain the genetic tendency to rape and be savage. You'd need some amazing biotechnology to pull that off but they would still be a duck substitute. To further prove my point, think whether someone somewhere would sue if they were sold not-duck meat under the pretence it was close enough to real duck meat. Someone would sue ergo there is a difference.
>>
>>385185423
How is the institute's "kill everyone and replace them with robots" plan good for anyone? The Brotherhood may be some reddit-tier LE LITERALLY HITLER XD meme written by libtard numales, but at least they're trying to save humans.

The railroad really are a bunch of "rapefugees welcome!" shit heads. If I ever get back into this game and replay it, I'm going to shoot them in the faces.
>>
>>385185018
A robot designed to mimic the decision making process of ducks as close as their makers understand real ducks.

I don't understand how you could ever consider robots to be sentient. Until scientists figure out what the spark of life is, that is.
>>
>>385185402
Meanwhile vacuum tubes accumulated value, because the variance in flow of electricity and temperature changes gave them individual personalities, which for certain things like audio is a a superb quality.
Also the reason computers die is because it's a massive machine of a billion intricate components all running flawlessly and even the tiniest fuckup can cause a catastrophic chain reaction that takes everything down.
But the thing is processors are only 1 component of that machine, and have the lowest failure rate among all components. That is the brain, that is all that matters. The rest is just a body.
>>
>>385177945
I feel like I enjoyed Fallout 4 less because every location and quest was involved with pretty much the same problem. It was always either "muh robots fucking with my humanity" or "muh my settlement is shit cause of raiders/mutants". There was a distinct lack of variety in shit to do.
I liked New Vegas (inb4 obsidiot) because a lot of places felt different from the rest, even without the DLCs. Some places in Fallout 4 did bring this feeling but it felt few and far between them. It just gets monotonous when you're going to a new location hoping to find a cool side story only to find fuck robots or fuck raiders.
>>
>>385185452
isn't it like that in every game
>>
File: 1386045525455.gif (19KB, 486x311px) Image search: [Google]
1386045525455.gif
19KB, 486x311px
>>385181108

Amen.

Raze the Wasteland
>>
>>385172693
Must have been some really low expectations. Congratulations, can't even bring myself to install it again.
>>
>>385182072

>he guys people were mad at how we portrayed the Brotherhood in 3. They didn't like how they were just THE GOOD GUYS.
>how do we fix it
>People liked how the Enclave in 2 were the bad guys but they were bad because they approached their goal in a bad way
>lets just copy that
>>
Who /immersionmods/ here? I can't play FO4 vanilla now that I've tasted things like the Natural Ambience of the Commonwealth mod that overhauls the weather and lighting and even lets you adjust the time scale. Also playing on survival is actually fun with the craftable canteens, camping gear, and backpacks t help you with the readjusted carry weight. If nothing else, playing the game with Create Your Own Difficulty is great. Setting the damage to 3x player and 3x enemy lets you have firefights where you don't have to empty 4 mags into some guy's head because you can kill them with 2 or 3 shots, but they can also kill you with 2 or 3 shots. APC Home on the Move is also a great mod that lets you fast travel in a more immersive way.
>>
>>385182702

tfw played it on PS4 and had a lot of fun just wandering around shooting shit and building up my bases.
tfw had more fun playing on Ps4 with Gameplay and mechanics mods

Still no mods even on PC that make this feel like an actual Fallout game, but Cascadia sure is trying.
>>
File: 1310799451826.png (39KB, 550x427px) Image search: [Google]
1310799451826.png
39KB, 550x427px
>Fallout 3.
>Hi, I'm from the commonwealth, we're looking for one of our Synthetic Androids that ran away and we believe he is in Rivet City. We build them and stuff.
>Fallout 4
>Nobody is even sure the Commonwealth exists! What are synths!?

???
>>
File: T-51_Power_Armor.jpg (750KB, 675x1080px) Image search: [Google]
T-51_Power_Armor.jpg
750KB, 675x1080px
Fallout 4 has a fuckton of problem, but I will defend that Bethesda nailed how power armor should look and feel to use, not to how satisfying the stomp of each footstep is...
>>
>>385186578

When I eventually get the game on PC played it for like 400 hours on Ps4 I'm just gonna mod the fuck out the setting.
Ambient sounds, Overgrowth overhaul fucking green and trees dense as fuck and all over, time scale to 4, All damage 3x, tons of survival rebalances.

Only way I enjoyed the game was playing Survival and doing my own thing.
The more immersive the survival the better
>>
I a lot of people hate on the brotherhood in this game. Their leader is a right cunt, but I sense he wants to do the right thing. My biggest issue is that no other faction has the manpower to offer the kind of order and protection the BoS can. People forget that supermutants were a huge issue in the first fallout game and the BoS were one of the only factions that was able to hold them back.
>>
>>385186956
>People forget that supermutants were a huge issue in the first fallout game

Barely anyone had rebuilt shit worth a damn back then.
Without the Master they're hardly a threat to anyone not living in a 10 population shanty town in the wilderness
>>
File: suckit.png (104KB, 347x177px) Image search: [Google]
suckit.png
104KB, 347x177px
>>385174785
Every second has been excruciatingly terrible, objectively.
>>
>>385176693
>by far the funnest way to play
> Tfw when niggas just drop
>>
>>385176693
Does survival not have autosave/quicksave?
>>
>>385188287
You only save when you sleep in a bed I think
Thread posts: 139
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.