[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aside from the inevitable disappointment that came after the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

Aside from the inevitable disappointment that came after the massive hype for MGSV, how do you feel about the game?

The fulton device alone made the game a ton of fun for me
>>
Loved it. I wasn't expecting as much from it as tons of other were. I just wanted it to be better than the dogshit that were 4 and Peace Walker, and it very easily went well above those expectations.
>>
>>385170067
fuck you peace walker was amazing for a psp game
>>
File: 1496348956191.png (411KB, 508x396px) Image search: [Google]
1496348956191.png
411KB, 508x396px
I had fun. Shame about the story though.
>>
>>385170171
>for a psp game
That's the problem. MGS should have never gone portable.
>>
>>385169986
That game is fine, Im not a fan of the openworld design or the mission/helicopter/base bullshit, but the mechanics are pretty good. The problem is the 2nd half is unifnished and a third act is literally missing
>>
>>385169986
An 9/10 game marred by a few glaring flaws that knock it down to an 8/10, stretched so thin it becomes a 7/10, without including the disappointing story.
>>
File: 518.png (418KB, 680x497px) Image search: [Google]
518.png
418KB, 680x497px
created plenty of great memes and the filler was actually enjoyable
>>
File: 1500663390479.jpg (98KB, 544x626px) Image search: [Google]
1500663390479.jpg
98KB, 544x626px
>>385169986
MGSV was a bittersweet experience for me. I enjoyed the gameplay, the story, and I think the online mode is decent, but let's be real. The game is padded dramatically to try and mask that it wasn't really complete. Having nearly 200 side ops that are a whole lot of the same-old same-old with a poorly executed open world, real-time base and equipment development, and less than forty actual story missions with several cool ideas and story-arcs that are criminally under utilized with no actual finale just leaves me with a phantom pain that was never intentional.
>>
I'm playing through it right now.
The controls and gameplay feel smooth but most of the main missions feel like half-assed side ops. Hardly any of the main ops have anything to do with the story and are just sneaking into a small irrelevant base and leaving. The side ops are generally more of the same thing.
Peace Walker had way better main ops which actually had more going on in them and better side ops with interesting scenarios or mini-games.
>>
I really don't see how people defend this game. Like, it's not terrible, it's a 7/10 for me, but all the review that gave it a 10/10 and people still calling it a masterpiece are beyond me.

The opening is tedious, even by Kojima standards. Who thought crawling through a hospital for an hour was a good time? Not to mention the introduction to Afghanistan which just fucking drags.

When you finally get to play the game it's wonderful, the fulton device is fun, the stealth is virtually flawless, and the basic mechanics are all very easy to use but feel rewarding. However, the game has a content problem. It's all well and good to have the best gameplay in the world, but when there's not a fun place to use that gameplay, it becomes stale. So many bases and areas felt like copy and pastes of one another, and constantly reusing the same old spots for "new" objectives was almost Fallout 4 levels of repetitive. There simply was not enough depth to the world of the game, and its experience suffered from that.

Not to mention the story, it's abrupt and unresolved ending is very clearly rushed, not to mention the game literally punishes you by making you replay old areas later on in the story.

And let's not even mention the annoyance of little things, like how long the helicopter took to arrive, or the shallow base-building, or the fact that once the sleep-sniper was attained the games difficulty nose-dived.

Like I said, it's an okay game, but it's mechanics are tied up in a clearly unfinished world and story that simply makes them frustrating to enjoy. It's 30% pure joy wrapped up in like 70% annoying, time-wasting bullshit. But since Kojima is bae on neogaf and reddit, it got 10/10 from every major review site and people will constantly defend its bullshit, while criticizing other games for pulling the exact same shit.
>>
File: download.jpg (5KB, 105x186px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 105x186px
STANDING..
>>
3=2>1>4>PW>V

V is a 7/10
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (49KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
49KB, 1280x720px
>>385171797
ON THE EDGE
>>
I feel like it's a generic modern AAA open-world game.
>>
File: kojima-main.jpg (152KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
kojima-main.jpg
152KB, 700x500px
>>385170928
>just leaves me with a phantom pain that was never intentional
What if it was though?
>>
>>385174348
what is the best modern AAA open world game to come out in the last 3 years?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.