[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any games that feel like D&D? I know that no video

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: E6e7_dungeons_dragons.jpg (98KB, 600x710px) Image search: [Google]
E6e7_dungeons_dragons.jpg
98KB, 600x710px
Are there any games that feel like D&D? I know that no video game can give you the endless possibilities that pen and paper can, but is there any game similar to it?
>>
File: turn.png (150KB, 960x722px) Image search: [Google]
turn.png
150KB, 960x722px
>>385168131
I'm guessing you missed all the D&D CRPGs on purpose
>>
>>385168948
I want something more modern
>>
>>385168131
Old CRPGs.
>>
>>385169582
Just play Planescape: Torment and ascend to the next level of taste
>>
i'm going to get shit for this, but minecraft
>>
>>385169582
Good luck not playing anything then, considering D&D crpgs died out and now you only have halfassed trash
I suppose Sword Coast Chronicles is """"decent"""" in that it works as a fair enough D&D campaign
KOTC2 is literally a never ever considering how fuckslow the development is
There is that soon to be released Pathfinder Kingmaker game but
>rtwp
They never fucking learn
>>
Are there any online DnD playthroughs? Recommended or no?
>>
>>385170549
I want to know too.
>>
>>385168131
baldur`s gate 1 and 2
icewind dale 1
fallout 1 and 2
up to a point, dead state
knight of the old republic 2

those are my favorite pnp-like vidya
>>
>>385170778
>up to a point, dead state
Explain
>>
>>385170549
What do you mean?
>>
>>385168131
planescape torment, baldurs gate 1 and 2, icewind dale, pillars of eternity, divinity original sin, tyranny, its a stretch but rimworld and dwarf fortress both give lots of freedom, and generally tells a pretty good story through gameplay
>>
>>385168131
If you don't want to play the older RPGs that are pretty much video game D&D, then look into Pillars of Eternity, Planescape: Torment, Neverwinter Nights, or any other games that tried to modernize dated RPGs. I would recommend Risen for the role-playing aspect alone, but it's not enough like D&D to put it with those other 3 I named.
>>
>>385170778

These, and:

Pillars of Eternity
Divinity: Original Sin
Wasteland 2
Shadowrun Returns and its expansions
The original Kotor

If you have to pick ONE and only one though, I highly recommend Pillars of Eternity.
>>
>>385170963
An online game of DnD where you and a bunch of other people get together and playthrough one of the campaigns
So it's like online chess or online scrabble but it's DnD
>>
>>385170419
The only reason I wouldn't recommend Minecraft for this is the lack of NPCs, quests, and non player-made structures. There might be some good mods somewhere to make it feel like D&D, but that might take some effort digging up.
>>
>>385171194
If by that you mean play a campaign online that's already pre established without a dm?
Or actually doing the same as pnp but meeting people online instead of local?
>>
>>385171375
With a dm, yes. I guess that's pnp?
>>
>>385171521
Anon-kun there have been platforms/forums made for that purpose since what, 2 decades?
>>
>>385170549

A friend of mine swears by Critical Role, which is played by a bunch of vidya voice actors. It sounds neat from what he's told me, but I haven't watched it myself.
>>
>>385170549
I haven't tried them, but Roll20 and Fantasy Grounds are supposed to be good for that. I believe they connect you with other online players, too, but I could be wrong.
>>
>>385171719

They're basically browser-based apps that you can use with your gaming group to play online. It has eveyrthing you need, from voice chat and dice rollers to maps and tokens, although the voice thing is kinda shit. We usually mute it and use discord simultaneously.

You can play with your friends, use roll20's own forums to find a group or go on /tg/ and post on one of the many Game Finder threads.
>>
>>385171671
Sorry, I was too busy wasting away hours in a Manchurian alpaca breeding imageboard
>>
>>385168131
nah, not really. /v/ will just suggest a bunch of linear story games from the late nineties that were chasing the jrpg wave.
>>
File: Wizardry_8_box.jpg (28KB, 389x500px) Image search: [Google]
Wizardry_8_box.jpg
28KB, 389x500px
>>385168131

If you squint a bit Wizardry 6-8 are vary Dungeons and Dragons like.

It just doesn't have good characters that contribute to the story.
>>
>>385171869
>voice
What if I don't have a mic?
>>
>>385172268

It has text chat too. Some groups like to play with text only, and others prefer to play with mics.
>>
>>385172574
Thanks mate
>>
>>385168948
What is this game?
>>
>>385171009
>If you don't want to play the older RPGs that are pretty much video game D&D, then look into Pillars of Eternity, Planescape: Torment, Neverwinter Nights
Not bad recs but NWN literally uses DnD 3e rules.
>>
>>385173130
Knights of the Chalice.
>>
>>385170549
I don't usually play D&D online since I have an IRL D&D group
>>
>>385168131
I think NWN does a very good job. Especially expansions and player modules.
>>
>>385168131
Neverwinter Nights is what youre after
>>
>>385170549
The Adventure Zone podcast is decent, especially if you're just starting out and want to listen to other beginners
>>
>>385168131
Team Fortress 2
>>
>>385172249
>"Wizardry 6-8 are vary Dungeons and Dragons like"
>explore haunted castle for magic pen that can re-write reality
>it has a spaceship in the backyard after you beat everything and you go to space to pit alien factions of furry and bug things against each other until you find the matching artifacts on the right planet to ascend to Godhood

I think not, you shifty doublenigger.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.