[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Games that will be cancelled

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10

File: metroid_prime_4.jpg (49KB, 760x428px) Image search: [Google]
metroid_prime_4.jpg
49KB, 760x428px
ITT: Games that will be cancelled
>>
ur mum lel
>>
>>385157682
I wish
>>
>>385157682

Well, with the fanbase abandoning Nintendo and prefering to play AM2R over the official Samus Returns remake. I am hoping that Nintendo just quitely cancels this as punishment. The fanbase is honestly disgusting for that whole AM2R debacle. Why on earth did they think they had the right to just go around Nintendo and make their own Metroid game. If they'd just been patient and trusted in Nitendo they would have got an official one anyways. Cretins, the lot of them.
>>
>>385157682
Nah.
>>
Could you fucking imagine if it got cancelled
Nintendo would be fucking done for
>>
>implying you can cancel a game that hasn't even begun development
They literally just name dropped it so that Primebabbies wouldn't send out death threats again. It's like how they announced Smash Bros on the Wii before even asking Sakurai if he wanted to make another one.
>>
90% of all games should be cancelled
>>
File: 1496622652501.png (146KB, 215x395px) Image search: [Google]
1496622652501.png
146KB, 215x395px
>>385158175
People WERE patient. They just didn't like being called "entitled roaches" because they had the audacity to say Other M and Fed Force weren't that good. I don't know what corporate nonsense they told you, but here in america, being entitled is a good thing.

As for AM2R, if Samus Returns (a product made by a billion dollar company with thousands of developers) isn't better than a free made game maker product assembled by some shmucks in their basement, we have every right to show disdain for that.
>>
>>385158175
Lol
>>
>>385158175

Link to where this was copypasted from please.
>>
>>385158554

>I-it's good to be entitled because I'm American

Jesus christ hell on earth. Just shut up.

You not liking a game doesn't give you the right to just walk all over someone elses IP and make your own. It's borderline theft, and anyone who played AM2R should honestly be forced into a moratorium from this series until they can fucking grow up and become a mature adult. You don't deserve to play any Metroid games from now on if you supported treacherous shit like AM2R.
>>
A game has to exist before it's canceled. This announcement was just to trick morons into buying a switch.
>>
>>385159161
can confirm
I am that moron
>>
>>385158948
>Just buy it for fuck's sake! Stop having standards!
>>
>>385158948
>You not liking a game doesn't give you the right to just walk all over someone elses IP and make your own
Under the guise of fair use, that's very well protected. And if Nintendo took it to court, Doctor M would easily win it since his game is derivative enough to argue that it couldn't take money away from Metroid 2 sales. He didn't even call it Metroid, he called it AM2R, which is enough to give it grounds for fair parody. The problem is that Nintendo, like all greedy corporates, abuses the court system to drain money from the defendants so they can't fight back. Sony did this with Bleem in the 90's. So they can go screw themselves for their blatant misuse of the court system.

>You don't deserve to play any Metroid games from now on if you supported treacherous shit like AM2R.
So sad too bad. After Other M, they lost the right to ask their fans not to make fangames.
>>
>>385159303

Having standards doesn't mean you get to circumvent Nintendo's property rights you fucking cretin.

"If you don't like it, don't buy it" is all well and good, but no one ever said "if you don't like it just someones intellectual property and make your own." It's honestly disgusting, and it makes me sick to my stomach knowing that AM2R players are going to be playing Metroid Prime 4, and most of them likely wont even feel guilt for it. This is why I support MP4's cancellation. The fanbase just needs to fucking apoligise for this whole AM2R charade that was harmful to everyone involved.
>>
>>385159579
>He didn't even call it Metroid, he called it AM2R, which is enough to give it grounds for fair parody.

Hahaha, you are talking shit.
>>
>>385159639
>Shame on you for enjoying a fan-game
Why the hell should I feel guilty that someone managed to make a better Metroid game than Nintendo has in a decade? I did not pay money for it. If Nintendo can make a game of the same quality, I will buy it. But, until then they can fuck right off.
>>
>>385159579

>after they put their heats and soul into a game that I didn't like, they lost all legal rights to their property and gives me a right to steal it

Just listen to yourself. I hope that deep down you do feel guilty for stealing. You claim to like Nintendo, yet you freely commit theft upon them.

How are you gonna play Metroid Prime 4 without being burdened by a heavy conscience.
>>
File: 1500823538131.png (356KB, 503x667px) Image search: [Google]
1500823538131.png
356KB, 503x667px
>>385159639
>The fanbase just needs to fucking apoligise for this
Jesus Christ, the corporate shilling is off the charts right now. You're likely pretending to be retarded in which case, congratulations. You got me. You got me good.
>>
File: donkey_kong_by_d_mac.jpg (176KB, 645x831px) Image search: [Google]
donkey_kong_by_d_mac.jpg
176KB, 645x831px
>>385157682
Nintendo should bury the franchise. Metroid fans are toxic and dont deserve any new titles.
They never buy the games (look at the pisspoor sales; I'm amazed Nintendo still bothers), they generally are overly critical (I can't remember one game that got universal praise except Super Metroid. First Prime got flack for too many scans and being first person, Echoes got flack for being too hard and complicated, Corruption got flack for being too streamlined, Other M got flack because of the story etc. etc.) and dont appreciate the franchise at all (if anything preferring a fangame over the real deal is ultimate proof).
The worst thing however is that they shit on other franchises as well just because they think its hindering a new Metroid game. The reaction of some Metroid fans towards Tropical Freeze was unforgiveable.
Because Metroid fans think they own the franchise and Nintendo is just a "workbench" that they can easily replace by a random guy. It's the most shitty, vile "fan"base there is.
>>
>>385159904
>You claim to like Nintendo,
I'm gonna stop you right there. I used to like them, but then they became Sony 2.0.
>>
Mario Odyssey is definitely getting cancelled

Splatoon 2 actually was cancelled and they just made a shitty port of the first one disguised as a sequel.
>>
>>385159964
>Metroid fans are toxic
Fuck off back to NeoFAG, you double nigger.
>>
I'm new to Metroid. Are the threads always like this?
>>
>>385159989

>It's okay to steal from people I don't like

Everyone. Observe the entitled mindset of the AM2R thief. We need to band together and let Nintendo know that we true fans wont stand for this stuff. I personally am okay with sacrificing some of my fun, in the form of Metroid Prime 4's cancellation, so that Nintendo can get justice for what was done for them. The relationship between Nintendo and us fans has already been badly shaken by people like this, we need to repair it, and MP4 getting cancelled could do that.
>>
>>385158804
Not copypasta, surprisingly. That's his actual opinion.
>>
>>385160324
>entitled

MARKETER BEGONE!
>>
>>385160271
No. Metroid threads are usually pretty chill unless Other M is involved. If it is, there is shitflinging back and forth for some hour or two, until they get bored and the actual fans pick up with some real discussions, art dumping, music sharing etc.
This recent debacle with Amiibo-only content has caused a big lash-out from hardcore fans and a just as big whiteknight movement from Nintendo fanboys. In all honesty, once this all blows over things will go back to normal again, but it will take some time. Not like Metroid fans aren't used to waiting.
>>
>>385160038
>Mario Odyssey is definitely getting cancelled
>>
>>385159964

At last someone else with sense. We true Metroid fans really need to band together and support Nintendo in these times.

I'm up for starting a petition to cancel Metroid Prime 4. Would you be up for it anon?
>>
File: zelda-maker.png (806KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
zelda-maker.png
806KB, 1200x675px
every fanmade nintendo game
>>
>>385160553
If anyone's unaware about the amiibo issue, people are worried that Nintendo is paywalling features behind not one, but 4 separate amiibos, all of which are limited runs and Nintendo won't be making more of them. Due to bad translation, we don't know if the features are paywall exclusive, or if they just require beating the game first and the amiibo unlocks them early. knowing Nintendo, either possibility is a, well, possibility.
>>
>>385160768
>all of which are limited runs and Nintendo won't be making more of them
I didn't even think of this. So, even if I wanted to get the assumed Amiibo only content, it will cost almost as much as the game itself and I'll have to deal with limited supply, meaning scalpers.
>>
>>385157682
still can't believe this is actually happening
have the prime trilogy on my wii u. still haven't gotten around to them
>>
Your Sex Life
>>
>>385161031
Of course that could just be my paranoia. I mean, when's the last time Nintendo ever made a limited print of a product and refused to make more?
>>
>>385160768

Honestly this hedonistic loyalty to themselves that is found is the Metroid fanbase is disgusting. You should be loyal to Nintendo.

There is nothing wrong with them putting bonus content behind amiibo's. If you want them, just buy them. There is no such thing in life as a free sandwich. The sooner you learn that the better.
>>
Can you stop? Everyone can tell you're false-flagging to make Nintendofags look worse as if that's necessary. Just fuck off already. You're not contributing to the discussion.
>>
>>385160271
no
they started being like this a few weeks after the announcements, with people complaining about the fanbase and praising just a fan game and nothing else for some reason
there's also an autist complaining about the prime
>>
>>385161150
>You should be loyal to Nintendo.
You played your hand too early anon. now nobody is gonna fall for this bait.
>>
>>385158948
Good lord, this is some top-of-the-line autistic corporate loyalty I haven't seen since chinese companies started making their own collector-grade Transformers.
>>
>>385161257
>>385161354

Oh yeah because being loyal to Nintendo is something only a shill or marketter would do right? You people disgust me.

Without Nintendo, were would you get your games? Sony? A PC?! Fucking MICROSOFT?!? Don't make me laugh anon.

I am thankful to Nintendo for making the Metroid franchise in the first place, unlike some people.
>>
I'm hiding your posts from now on. Enjoy the reactions you might get from others, you autistic fuck.
>>
>>385161585
Do you enjoy pretending to be retarded on the internet?
>>
>>385161718

Typical, a lowlife thief hiding from justice.

I wish so badly that I could know your identity right now so I could report you to both Nintendo and the right authorities on the matter for playing AM2R illegally.
>>
>>385161880
Stop replying. Whenever you're typing a reply, delete it and replace it with a different post.
>>
>>385159579
>Doctor M would easily win it since his game is derivative enough
It used assets from Nintendo's own games, he would be done
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 358x272px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 358x272px
>>385161150
Top quality bait. Actually made me slightly angry for a moment. I might have to use this some other time.
>>
>>385162113

This. And people in this thread are trying to bury their head in the sand over this issue and pretend that AM2R isn't straight up theft. The game should be banned, it's illegal.
>>
Honest question, I know Nintendo has cancelled games before. But have they ever cancelled a game that was formally announced?
>>
>>385157682
Posts where op is a most definitely a faggot
>>
File: 1500978436907.jpg (596KB, 1034x804px) Image search: [Google]
1500978436907.jpg
596KB, 1034x804px
>>
>>385162424

Earthbound 64, maybe? Kind of.
>>
>>385162279
This.
>>
>>385157682
I could care less, if it is cancelled no value would be lost, if it's not, then no value would be gained.
>>
DELETE THIS
>>
If anyone remembers, Deep Down. I could see it getting canceled or at the least having that new engine thrown into something else. Maybe a souls clone.
>>
>>385162279
Yeah you tell 'em!

Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>385162113
>>385162279
These
>>
wtf is wrong with this am2r hater? everytime something is mentioned about metroid or fanmade games this faggot appears and talks shit. how much does nintendo pay you ?
>>
>>385164621
It sucks ass and the creator is a cunt.
>>
>>385164621
I don't know what's up with the corporate cock suckers. I played AM2R and loved it and I'm still going to get Samus Returns
>>
>>385165006
Except it doesn't and every single thread when it came out was people loving on it
>>
>>385165006
>creator is a cunt
Why must you shitpost
>>385164621
People attempting to fight those using AM2R to shitpost about SR, but end up being just as bad.
So sad faggots.
>>
Name ONE recent game Nintendo announced then cancelled.

You can't.

Because that's how Nintendo has been rolling at least the last decade, they don't formally announce ANYTHING until it is far enough in development that they can GUARANTEE release.

No matter how much fan outcry to the contrary.
>>
>>385164621
He's baiting and retards like you are actually replying to him because they feel the need to militantly defend a famgame for some reason.
>>
>>385162620
>Cancelled
Only when he dies.
>>
File: Cooked.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Cooked.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>385158175
>>
>>385165275
yeah, prime 4 is so far in development that they don't even have a title or logo for it
>>
>>385164621
It's Reggie filet-mignon himself.
>>
>>385158175
>patient for DLC shitfest
>>
>>385160262
He's right though
>>
>>385157682
>Games that will be cancelled
The last of Us Part II
>>
>>385157682
i would literally, LITERALLY never buy another nintendo product ever again
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.