[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the most essential Civ 5 mods?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: aG2QNb7.jpg (220KB, 1020x768px) Image search: [Google]
aG2QNb7.jpg
220KB, 1020x768px
What are the most essential Civ 5 mods?
>>
Certainly not the weeb ones.
>>
>>385157791
That is not helpful
>>
Community Patch
Communitas/Tectonic Map Script
R.E.D
Ethnic Troops
Info Addict
>>
Not sure if it's the correct name, but the community patch UI has a lot of very helpful features
>>
>>385158363

Vox Populi for a total conversion.

For Vanilla I'd just recommend InfoAddict + whatever modded Civ looks interesting to you.
>>
File: Sid Meier's Civilization.jpg (48KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Sid Meier's Civilization.jpg
48KB, 1280x720px
>>385157537
Quick turns, No AI free pottery, R.E.D modpack, Gibraltar, Reef and Krakatoa fixes, Diplomacy Values are the only ones you need for a fixed up vanilla game. Try the community patch once you're bored with the vanilla.

Honorary mention, Bold and Brash
>>
>>385159282
What does Vox Populi do?
>>
>>385159774

A whole load of things.

It's a patch, plus a rebalance, plus an integration of various mods like City-State Diplomacy and Corporations.
>>
I've been playing Vox Populi as Venice but it's annoying. Pocatello has invaded me, I've destroyed over a dozen of his units, but he's still not interested in peace at all. I can't go on the offensive with a fraction of his forcelimit
>>
>>385160642

Yeah, that was a problem for me, and the last time I played was over a year ago.

The AI never wants to make peace unless you're curbstomping them. Only slightly winning isn't enough.
>>
Quick turns
Quiet diplomacy (unless it's your first time)
Faster aircraft animations is essential
Gibraltar, reef, and krakatoa fixes
After you play enough to get bored, get random civs that look cool or get 3UC and 4UC for an expanded vanilla feel. No AI free pottery is for shitters.
RED is cool but crashes my shit up for some reason. I can't think of any more essential mods, but the Rhodesia civ is fun to play with even if it is pretty OP.
>>
>Still no Fall From Heaven equivalent mod for Civ 5
>>
>>385162002
Free pottery for AI is bullshit at Deity with a huge map. You're basically never getting a wonder for the rest of the game.
>>
>>385162002
To add to this, info addict is good at what it's for, but it takes a lot of surprise out of the game. If you check it, you'll never get surprised by a war or advanced units or anything like that. When I was trying to move from emperor to immortal I turned it off and found out how much of a crutch it is. I still use it all the time so it's not like I'm saying don't use it, just use it with that in mind.
>>
>>385162345
This is true, but I thought that was the point? I definitely wouldn't say get it for a first time player, but there's plenty of mods like that that are fun to screw around with later.
>>
File: 1482947077824.jpg (174KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1482947077824.jpg
174KB, 500x500px
>>385157537
LANCELOT IS FUCKING YOUR WIFE ARTHUR.
MY GOD MAN, EVERYONE KNOWS THIS EXCEPT FOR YOU.
UNKEK YOURSELF MY GOD MAN.

t. Gawain
>>
Vox Populi is amazing and far superior to the original. It can be confusing at first. Generally all options are viable, but what you need to do is exploit synergies i.e. choose policies/beliefs etc. that synergise with your leader and overall strategy.

Other mods I use:
Really Advanced Setup
Info Addict
Flag Promotions
Historical Religions
Reseed
>>
File: 1437495313292.jpg (195KB, 924x698px) Image search: [Google]
1437495313292.jpg
195KB, 924x698px
>>
>>385162686
I just think AI gets enough unfair advantages as it is, that's basically how every 4x game's difficulty curve goes. No need them to start literally one tech ahead of you.
>>
>>385164553
I can agree for deity, but immortal and emperor are too easy with it on unless you give the AI starting gold (I find 250 works pretty well). The AI just isn't good enough to get by without it on lower difficulties imo. It is really annoying though and you're totally right about that.
>>
File: .jpg (212KB, 1914x1052px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
212KB, 1914x1052px
>>385163918
>>
>>385157537
From the looks of your game? The uninstall mod. Installs quickly and really improves the game.
>>
>>385157537
>king of knights
But its a girl.
>>
Download a shitload of mod civs and play a gigantic battle royale with them. I got like an extra 300 hours out of Civ 5 doing just that. maybe it's just because i'm just a simple man, but matches between touhous, the brotherhood of nod, batman, newfoundland and CIA are fucking hilarious.
>>
>>385166319
It's a king(female)
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.