[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Early Access is the future.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 269
Thread images: 40

File: pubg2.png (305KB, 520x489px) Image search: [Google]
pubg2.png
305KB, 520x489px
Early Access is the future.
>>
File: pub.png (14KB, 675x192px) Image search: [Google]
pub.png
14KB, 675x192px
damn....
>>
Who would have known dayz lite would be so popular.
>>
>>385152968
Everybody with half a brain, so in other words nobody on /v/.
>>
>>385152678
What would it do... if you were to give PUBG to say... 20 people? What would it do?
>>
>>385152678
there are 3 fucking threads for your streamerbait game already, go shill in there.
>>
>>385152678
Early Access is the present, and has been for a long time.

You don't need a finished game, you just need something playable that people will have fun with.
>>
>>385154853
mad cuz bad ;)
>>
>>385152678

Black man here

It's fun, deal with it
>>
Pretty sure Early Access is the present
>>
funny because early access games have no future
>>
I feel like this game should be getting blasted harder by /v/ standards. Its popular, early access, has in game buyable cosmetics, unoptimized ecc. Why does it have so many people defending it?
>>
>>385155683
see for yourself
https://boards.fireden.net/_/search/subject/pubg%20will%20sell/
>>
>>385154853
faggots like you that get mad a vidya game is popular can eat a big fat dick. in fact you can eat mine. eat away queer. remember to eat it twice
>>
File: idiot.jpg (337KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
idiot.jpg
337KB, 1920x1080px
>>385155603
you're parents are shit and I can tell. enjoy knowing that. it makes you a loser btw. loser
>>
Why doesn't that L96 have a scope on It? What kind of sniper would use it like that? Isn't this game some kind of ARMA mod? It should at least be semi realistic
>>
>>385155818
Discuss your game all you like. I don't care. Just keep it contained with 1 thread, or 2 at most. Maybe you should read the FAQ sometime, summerfag, it makes note of this there.
>>
>>385152678
Technically it is, because it allows devs to make easy money off dumb customers while shitting out a half finished product. They'll keep up the early access scan until it stops working.

However, that's not exactly a good future for the consumers.
>>
File: 1413114385981.jpg (44KB, 386x494px) Image search: [Google]
1413114385981.jpg
44KB, 386x494px
>>385152678
>paying to beta test
>people actually do it

Pretty sad that people are this retarded.
>>
>Make a mod of an ARMA 2 mod
>Charge money for it
>???
>Profit

I haven't tried it because it looks very unappealing to me, but you have to at least give him some credit. This dude is set for life from making this
>>
>>385155683
Maybe it's FUN
>>
>>385156310
it's the logical evolution on the day z open world survival shit formula. it's basically the same experience but condensed into a fairly short round instead of having to invest a lot of time.
>>
>>385155932
You gotta scavenge for scopes, they don't come attached to the guns.
>>
I like the game, but it will be done better and hopefully by less greedy devs.
>Said no microtransactions till launch
>push back the launch day, decide to just add microtransactions now will the game is hot
>whole monthly patch was just first person, vaulting/climbing pushed back again
>free crates for cosmetics being removed, you will need to spend real money to get any cosmetics in the near future
They keep pushing greedy practices sooner, and pushing mechanics and new shit back. I would not be surprised if they can't get the new map out this year.
>>
>>385156945
Why bother making a good game when people will pay you for shit? Look at Minecraft.
>>
There have been tons of Battle Royale games, how was this so successful?
>>
>>385157573
>how was this so successful?

Streamers. If streamers with tons of followers play a game that work well as a stream game then it will sell.
There are a lot of retards that flock to streamers now.
>>
>>385152968
>has literally nothing to do with dayz
>dayz lite
This is exactly why this board is so shit.
>>
>>385155932
You can get x2, x4 and x8 scopes. It would have been pretty OP if long range weapon had a scope.
>>
I'm genuinely surprised it sold this well. Usually the underage memer streamer games sell pretty well, but not this much. I'm just excited that we only have a month or so before the kids hop to the next games, preferably with a new gimmick. The zombie survival, dinosaur survival, survival survival, and king of the hill clone games are all played out.
>>
>one map
>$30
>5 million sold
>$150 million
>coming to ps4 and xbone
>another 5 million sold
>another $150 million
>>
>>385158125
I would like to see PUBG adopt Overwatch's weekly brawl mode to try "what if" scenarios.

Eg. One week, scavenger scopes, but every weapon comes with a 4x permanently attached. The next week, side-arms only.
>>
>>385158561

>grenades only
>Take damage if you leave a vehicle
>Turf wars

So much shit you can do
>>
>>385158125
Don't forget the care package-only 15x scope.
>>
>>385158561
>side-arms only.
This would be cool.
>>
>>385157573
Other games paved the way and the developers noted the flaws and made a better one. It's not as slow as DayZ and less arcadey than H1Z1.
>>
This game isint worth $30 when H1Z1 is $10. It's only a little bit better but 3x the price. also MUCH harder to run.
>>
>>385159325
>Squads spawn with weapons, but your squad drops from the airship in a vehicle and are forced to remain in said vehicle for the whole run
I just want to see a vehicle parachute to the ground with the game's busted physics
>>
>>385159491
You are aware the dev on PUBG was the one who did the mode for H1Z1, right?
>>
>>385159653

>Drops onto bump
>Spazzes the fuck out
>Entire squad dies from falling
>>
The circle should stop getting smaller when there are two players. Too often it just ends up being the one lucky enough to be behind a tree that ends up in the circle.
>>
Im tired of these fucking 12 year olds posting this game every few minutes. They prob got deleted from /b so they came flocking here. Just go on the steam forums or talk about the game in the twitch chat of your favorite e-celeb you cunts.
>>
>>385160006
>land on another vehicle
>spazzes the fuck out
>shootingstar.wmv
>>
>>385157573
>>385157861
>le streamers meme
everytime

Have you ever considered the possibility that people just tried the game and liked it? Simple yet effective concept (I'm not saying it's original), large amount of players on a map, freedom in where to drop, where to go, what to do, interesting shooting mechanics, and intense situations that get more and more intense the smaller the circle gets. You can play a game from time to time, it's quick, fun and you can leave at any moment without penalty. It's casual with just the right amount of depth to not be completely mind numbing.
But the real fun in this game is when you're playing with 3 other friends and use team tactics. When you're solo just drop when most people drop and go rambo on them, you either survive, or die and repeat.

It's not popular because of streamers, streamers play it because it's popular. That's like saying CSGO and whatever new AAA is popular because of streamers.
>>
>>385160096

>P-people are talking about video games ;_;

Keep scrolling faggot
>>
>>385152854
More than likely it will end up on the PS4, Sony does not allow early access games (see Killing Floor 2) where as Microsoft has in various cases. It's still going to be amusing that the Xbone will have a leg up on Sony because of a previously PC exclusive game.

Normalfags are the main audience on console and they are going to eat this shit up.
>>
>>385160284
>Sony does not allow early access games
They make an exception for popular games. Eg. Ark.
>>
>>385155683
>there are people who are buying cosmetics
>there are people who aren't going naked and enjoying the perks of having less audible footsteps and having an better time blending into bushes
Fucking plebs
>>
>game gets silly bright cosmetics you pay for
>all it does is serve to make you even easier to see in the distance to get sniped at
I don't see the problem here.
>>
>>385158561
Yeah that might be fun but they have a lot of things to fix before even thinking about implementing stuff like that. But it might be done some day, they are constantly updating the game, and the patches are quite nice, performance doubles every time lmao.

>>385159339
What the fuck? Seriously? I started playing recently and got the package just once, with a groza. x8 scope is already bullshit OP, with x15 you can snipe accross the entire map.
>>
>>385160243
Post your ID
you have to be below the age of 18 to be avidly defending this early access game made by greedy kikes.
>>
>>385160854

Shut the fuck up dude, you don't sound tough. It's a video game being discussed on the video game board. Don't like it, don't enter the fucking thread idiot.
>>
>>385160671
>8 scope is already bullshit OP, with x15 you can snipe accross the entire map.
The 8x isn't OP. Don't stand still and you won't get hit as easily. 15x is pretty hard to use and usually not worth picking up considering the sweet spot for snipers often is between 4x-8x. Especially late game where the circle closes in.
Congrats on finding a Groza though. If there's something that's OP in this game, it's that gun. It's practically an AKM behaving like a UMP.
>>
>>385152678
Selling a multiplayer game cheaper than 60$ and having ((big)) streamers shill it is the future.

t. Youtube Creator
>>
>>385155683
because the lonely depressed sad people who watch twitch "content creators" want to be just like their favorite streamer even though they've been burned by the exact same Early Access "survival" games like 5 times now
>>
>>385157980
It's the loot and shoot deathmatching that every norman and streamer did in DayZ, just without the zombies and with less running simulator. It has everything to do with DayZ.
>>
>>385160096
Grow up.
>>
>>385160207
I don't think it's explicitly popular because of steamers; I just think they had a lot to do with the level of growth that the game had upon startup.

The scene of semi open-map games is constantly given exposure by steamers and YouTubers, especially with games with survival elements to it. It's been the case since DayZ popularized the genre.

Obviously it helps that PUBG is a great game that actually gets updated and was released with a safe amount of content.

Mix of circumstances, basically.
>>
>>385160207

This is never a considered possibility, this is /v/ let people fight and moan over it, its entertainment at its most base form as far as image boards go. Enjoy the games you want to enjoy and let the opinions of denizens of a Taiwanese bird calling blog flow through then out of you. For the most part, /v/ is as satire as it gets with video games and every now and then a rare gem of a good post or thread shows up.
>>
I didn't even know who this fag was before this game was announced.
>>
>>385160671
>with x15 you can snipe accross the entire map.

It's actually not that great, you go way past the LOD and see unrendered paper mache buildings. It's pretty hard to use too, I could not figure out the bullet drop for the life of me
>>
File: z7sjytczirbz.png (17KB, 611x132px) Image search: [Google]
z7sjytczirbz.png
17KB, 611x132px
Yeah but the developers have turned into turbo kikes.
>>
>>385161172
lol yeah anon

just like H1Z1 was popular because it was a good game without bugs or flaws and not because of streamers

these games ONLY exist because of morons wanting to be like their favorite twitch/youtube streamer

They're all shit, they all have shit netcode shit hit detection and desync.
>>
>>385160854
You know, there are people with different opinions anon. There are people who don't like the game you do.

And I don't see the problem with the game being early access. In less than 2 hours you can know if it's your cup of tea or not, and if it is, you'll be playing it for tens of hours making it a good investment, and if you don't like, you can refund it.

Being early access doesn't prevent the game from being fun and worth its price.
>>
>>385152854
Based Pachter!
>>
File: Revelation.gif (1MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
Revelation.gif
1MB, 200x150px
>>385152678
Ahhhhh the current state of PC gaming. Lovely.

I mean, it's already 99% dead, but please PCfags do continue to kill it by supporting all of this cancer, please NEVER EVER let the 90's PC golden age come back again, don't give it ANY chance. Pour all your money into shit like this so that developers are heavily discouraged from actually putting some effort into developing good polished PC exclusives from a plethora of genres and themes like we had before.
It's almost as if you WANT to only have console ports as your only good games nowadays, you're practically asking for it. All the veteran top talented developers switched to console games a longtime ago, now you're left with this.

Didn't RUST also sell 5M+ copies? And ARK something similar to that? This is shameful
>>
>>385161421
Oh no, someone is trying to make money off of a commercial product which will also help increase the longevity of it and profit margin. How could someone selling something dare sell something
>>
>>385160968
>>385161468
Way to pussy out.
>>
>>385161569

this

gaming is dead
>>
>>385161217
Nobody did and nobody cares about him. The game is fun despite its terrible title, though.
>>
File: 1500434072552.jpg (64KB, 274x268px) Image search: [Google]
1500434072552.jpg
64KB, 274x268px
>jump into this thread to see what the deal with this pubg thing is
>turns out it's just another heavily shilled game
>>
>People go to the trouble of screaming SHILL in every thread concerning a game they don't like
>Those same people go into each other's threads when it's a game they individually don't like
>The end result is that every thread discussing a video game has posts going SHILL SHILL, making the word meaningless and the board as a whole shittier

You can say it's people looking for attention, but I'm sure some people seriously think that screaming shill means something. Do these people not go into threads of games they want to discuss and see shill posts being made? Do they not realize that they are no different?
>>
>>385161569

This game is pure gameplay. From the start of the match to the end you're in control of your character. No cutscenes, No QTE, No AAA story bullshit. It's a real GAME.

What the actual fuck are you bitching about? Cause you don't like it?
>>
>>385161819
I really find it amazing that you don't see how hilariously transparent you are when you make posts like this.
>>
>>385162019
That's a new way of typing "SHILL!".
>>
>>385161569
>If instead of buying the only games on PC, you buy nothing, companies will flock to PC to take advantage of the audience that buys nothing

I'm not implying that buying shit like Rust is leading to AAA interest in PC, but your logic is still retarded
>>
>>385160968
>Don't like it, don't
Anyone who's ever said these words together in their life should be killed
>>
File: 1468598326910.png (361KB, 473x675px) Image search: [Google]
1468598326910.png
361KB, 473x675px
>>385161857
>garbage business practices are okay if a game doesn't have cutscenes
Maybe it's just easier to call you retarded.
>>
>>385162019
If I'm not seeing something, feel free to spell it out for me.
>>
>>385162103
Not helping your case at all.
>>
Oh boy now I cant wait for even more open world early access survival games in the next two years because those imitation games always improve on the the previous ones
>>
>>385161569
I wonder how ark sold on the ps4, bait-sama
>>
>>385159621
not trying to shill for pubg here, but daybreak is one of the most incompetent developers I've ever had the misfortune of purchasing a game from, and they weren't any better when they were SoE with planetside 2

scammy faggots also fucked over anyone who bought everquest landmark by shutting the servers down before it was even properly finished, I feel terrible for anyone who bought it, though they deserved it for buying anything from daybreak.
>>
>>385162194

Good job ignoring every other point.
>>
File: 334629686_82533b5478.jpg (109KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
334629686_82533b5478.jpg
109KB, 500x345px
>>385161569
Fucking this anon!

PC fags need to wake up. Buying this early access shit is like buying books from the Amazon kindle store. Zero effort goes into that and guess what - people are able to make a living off of this. Why should anyone focus on producing quality games anymore?
>>
>>385154038

joggin my noggin
>>
>>385161857
>its a game
This is not an achievement for a video game.It is the absolute bare minimum requirement.
>>
>>385162430
>Zero effort goes into that

Wew lad
>>
>>385162381
Oh, sorry, let me try that again.
>garbage business practices are okay if a game doesn't have cutscenes, qte, or AAA story bullshit
>>
>>385161625
>dox yourself
>no
>pussy
did you by any chance play runescape back in the day
>>
AWww hell yes fellow pc gamers. We voted will our wallets again to show Early Access Survival games are what we want!

I dont have a problem with the game itself but I'm worried big publishers and lots of devs will focus on that early access survival shit again. I thought this shit would finally die out but PUBG will ignite the flame again.
>>
>>385162491
Amazon kindle store that is.

I mean programming games is a little harder. PUBGs probably wasn't to easy to make but I guess Unreal 4 made it much easier than you'd think.
>>
I'm 100% convinced that your player's hitbox at least doubles while you're driving a jeep. You're better off running through an open field than driving a jeep through it.
>>
File: EDF4.1 3.webm (3MB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
EDF4.1 3.webm
3MB, 1000x563px
>>385161723
PC gaming is dead*

Gaming on consoles is a great as ever. Here's a console port you guys were lucky to have, enjoy the webm.

>>385161857
Oh wow your post has absolutely no signs of sarcasm and you seem to have no idea how much damage these games do to the PC gaming development state.
Real question, how old are you? No cheating just be honest.

>>385162123
Well not buying early access shit rather than buying it would certainly help, yes.
Like I said, good PC games are long dead (99% of them anyway) with little to no chance of recovery, but as rare as they may be there are indeed still SOME PC exclusives that aren't crowdfunded/EA/F2P trash. Most RTS's and GrandStrategy games for instance, you could support those instead. TotalWar or DoW for example.

>>385162352
Wouldn't be on consoles if it didn't blow up on PC in the first place, desu.

>>385162430
What's shocking is that even on /v/ this seems acceptable (from the replies my post got). I can't even imagine how much more cancerous the PC player landscape is outside of this place. I don't visit any forums or reddit so I wouldn't know, but it can't be any better.
I loved the shit out of Battletech games back in the day. Nowadays? Mechwarrior is a cancer F2P trash game, and Battletech is a cancer kickstarter game with an anemic development team. It's just so sad to see all these amazing PC franchises dying or turning into rotting corpses. The "PCMR" kids don't understand what they lost.
>>
>>385161172
>I just think they had a lot to do with the level of growth that the game had upon startup.
What I notice is that the game spreads like wildfire. My cousin bought the game, bought it for my birthday, we started playing, and 6 of his friends bought it too, they liked it and they recomended it to other friends who also bought it. Among the very few people I know IRL, some bought it because they heard some guy talk about it and how it was inspired by a japanese movie, they liked it, and got all their dudebro friends to buy it.

I really think streamers are just surfing on the wave. Many people buy it just to try it out and see what's the deal with it and why it's so popular, they end up staying which makes even more people wanting to try the game. And since it's best played in a team, even more people want to have casual fun with their friends.

>>385161320
I played only a few hours so far and still have trouble understanding how bullet drop works for some weapon, like the fucking crossbow.
>>
File: 1323068959665.png (268KB, 472x358px) Image search: [Google]
1323068959665.png
268KB, 472x358px
I haven't played this game but the unnecessarily aggressive defensiveness of it leads me to believe it's not particularly good.
>>
>>385162714
Nice meme game
>>
>>385162714
>hates pc players for buying a shit game
>it is pc players fault that ps4 players are equally retarded
Fuck off
>>
>>385152678
What is the appeal of the looting mechanic? Why not just spawn in with a loadout that you customize? Seems like you're potentially throwing away 20-30min of your life based on random loot spawns.
>>
I am always completely baffled at how much /v/ hates this game.
>>
>>385162493

What garbage business practice? If micro transations, while I'll agree it ultimately doesn't effect the game since gameplay is uneffected.

If early access...eh, the games being carefully updated and they listen (mostly) to the community, it's not an issue.

If you don't like the game that's fine, but don't start this soapbox speech about the downfall of gaming. Now if we were talking about that stupid as shit dad simulator bullshit, I'd agree with you in full.
>>
>>385162296
>Thinks Anonymous is one person
>Never seen 4chan traffic
>Thinks only one person on the website will respond
Please, >>385162228
Enlighten me
>>
>>385162807
What the fuck does that even mean you goddamn mongoloid?
>>
>>385162770
Crossbow drops super hard past 50 meters. The scope tells you 50, 100 and 200 meters aiming.
>>385162895
I think its the looting aspect of DayZ, just sped up. People like moment to moment progression, not every game tends to be the same since your loot has high variance. Struggling with low tier loot, the thrill of killing someone who was decked out. The fear that even decked out, not paying attention could make you die to anything.

>>385162924
People would not care about the microtransactions IF they also didn't push back the launch date, push back content updates, push FORWARD the microtransactions that were supposed to be only after the launch. Ontop of all of that, now they will get rid of the free crates just to sell paid crates at 2.50
>>
>>385156201
It'd be less fucked up if they charged 10 or less for these early access traps, but no, they charge anywhere from 30-66 (Ark). The idiots who buy into this crap deserve to have their PCs infested with the worst virus possible.
>>
>>385162714
>PC gaming is dead
I don't know man. PUBG, Prey, Dishonored 2 and Rising Storm 2 revitalised PC gaming for me. I'm having as much fun these days as I had playing Age of Empires, Icewind Dale, Grim Fandango or Half-Life.
>>
>>385163150
Aaahhh yes, ark. Never sold on the ps4.
Wait.
>>
>>385163135
>now they will get rid of

No, this is only for the event. Read the announcement, they go back to free afterwards.
>>
>>385161857
Kill yourself, underaged faggot.
>>
>>385163189

It's a game he doesn't like, so despite selling millions PC gaming is dead.
>>
>>385162909
It got very popular very recently so everyone that hates it has several places to say so and the number of threads being made on the game also sets off autists that visit websites to complain about the meta instead of discussing video games.

Think of how many people use /v/ and how many people are currently playing this game. Doesn't seem odd to me just because threads about far older games that get far less traffic now see less discussion.
>>
>>385163228
https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/comments/6ph5xf/looks_like_free_cosmetics_are_going_byebye/

When ever Reddit calls you out, they fucked up
>>
File: devolver-3.jpg (40KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
devolver-3.jpg
40KB, 1280x720px
Future?
>>
File: muh.png (217KB, 534x548px) Image search: [Google]
muh.png
217KB, 534x548px
>>385155975
>>
>>385152854
>FPS on consoles
embarrassing.
>>
>>385163265

Worthless post. An opinion you don't agree with doesn't suddenly mean the poster is underage.
>>
>>385163345
Watch the developer program! Now only $49.99.
>>
>>385157980
its the exact same shit you retard quit pretending this piece of shit is innovative in any way
you think this board is shit? its shit because of retards like yourself who buy into this normalfaggotry bandwagon "games" because you feel it will bring you closer to your buddy twitch tv guy
hang yourself
>>
>>385161461
>just like H1Z1 was popular because it was a good game without bugs or flaws and not because of streamers
It's still very popular because just like PUBG it's casual mindless multiplayer fun. People love fun, they love multiplayer with friends, and they love when you can casualy play a game here and there with your brain turned off.
>these games ONLY exist because of morons wanting to be like their favorite twitch/youtube streamer
So what you're saying is that every single one of the hundreds of thousands of players want to be like their favorite streamer? Then about the people that don't watch streams or youtube e-celeb but want an arena open world multiplayer shooter? Are they forbidden from playing the game? Can't you understand that there are people who can think by themselves and aren't autisticaly sperging out over what other people do?
>They're all shit
4 millions players bought PUBG, and 200k are playing it constantly while having fun, but they're all wrong because this one underaged memeloving fuck doesn't like it.
>they all have shit netcode shit hit detection and desync.
Then it's a good thing that the game isn't the next competitive esport phenomenon, and for a casual game the netcode does the job perfectly well.
>>
sad desu
>>
File: reddit.jpg (141KB, 717x880px) Image search: [Google]
reddit.jpg
141KB, 717x880px
>>385163470
Nice reddit spacing
>>
>>385163470
Only an underaged retard can like streamerbait shit like this. Neo-/v/ faggots like you are the cancer killing vidya.
>>
>>385163563
>/v/ tryhard contrarians are actually going to pretend that a shooter in which you have one life and no respawn for a 30 minute match where you die one shot against 99 other players is somehow a mindless game where you turn your brain off
>>
>>385162714
replying to your response to
>>385162123
Not buying shit games doesn't magically make more more deserving games sell more copies, If X has 2 million sales and Y has 2, X instead having 1 million sales would still see Y having 2. If people aren't buying certain games, it's because they don't want to buy them. Blame it on shit taste, don't resort to troll logic to argue that buying shit games somehow prevents other games from being more successful. All your theory calls for is for people to not buy any games on PC which doesn't do anything to encourage devs to invest in PC (Again, not implying that buying Rust does encourage, only that not buying Rust while other PC games sell poorly does nothing)
>>
>>385163470
Wanting to become like your favorite streamer cucks by playing the same games as they do is underaged by definition, idiot.
>>
>>385157980
Never played Day Z then

Turned into a free for all shitfest after a few updates and nobody worked together.
>>
>>385163643

>Only underage can like this game
>Video proof of adults playing it

Make up your mind
>>
>>385163764

>Playing a game cause you like it is wanting to be like a streamer

/v/ is actually painfully stupid now. This can't be real.
>>
>>385154945
This. If it's fun, people will buy it regardless.
>>
>>385163871
That's the reason why people play these streamerbait meme games.
>>
>>385163548
Is Age of Empires the same shit as Company of Heroes? Is Skyrim the same shit as Breath of the Wild? Is CS:GO the same shit as Arma?

No one is saying it's innovative, but they are clearly not the same. In one of the games there are no clear goals and where you have to gather food, craft stuff and go roleplaying without a purpose among retarded AI zombies. The other game is a deathmatch on a large map. The only thing they share is a similar setting and looting.
>>
>>385161036

>Amazon linking all of their upcoming games to Twitch

Seems like now is a good time to become a streamer
>>
Making games people like is the future
>>
>>385157980
>has literally nothing to do with dayZ
>the entire game is a copy paste from Dayz and H1Z1 kotk battle royale modes
Dumb cunts like you are the reason this board is shit
>>
>>385163064
I don't know what the fuck you're going on about but if you honestly expect me to tell you how to do your job then you're sorely mistaken.
>>
>>385155683
The game, is fun.
>>
>>385162924
You defend garbage business practices and you wonder why people think you're a marketer. Jesus Christ.
>>
>>385163963

Not because they enjoy it. Right.
>>
>people think this bubble isn't going to burst hard
>people think this isn't going to fade away, just like what happened with DayZ clones
Early Access will always stay as long as e-celebs make them popular, but this particular style of game is at most lasting another six months.
>>
I have no problem with early access stuff if its done by non-jews

I like playing a game and watching it improve vastly in a relatively short period of time
>>
File: 1386300503380.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1386300503380.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>385161180
> Taiwanese bird calling blog
God fucking dammit
>>
>early access
>survival game

Literal trash.
>>
File: 1500505719226.gif (4MB, 414x285px) Image search: [Google]
1500505719226.gif
4MB, 414x285px
But it's fun
>>
File: 167678868.jpg (147KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
167678868.jpg
147KB, 1500x1500px
>>385156201
>buy early access game
>if you don't like it, you can return it within 2 hours of play
>play the game
>it's fun
>get friends to buy it and play with them
>even more fun
>already like the game
>they add more onto it and trim the fat as people play the game
>people have more fun
>UR ALL RETARDED HOW DARE YOU HAVE FUN!!!!!
>>
>>385164227
Every game fades away. I loved Rising Storm and it faded away. Operation Flashpoint was great too, and it faded away. This will fade away too, but I'll have a ton of fun in the meantime. Do you only play games that will last you a decade?
>>
>>385155683
This place fucking loves Overwatch and mobas. If anything, this is a step in the right direction. Also if you think /v/ has good taste or standards you haven't been here long enough, they're absolute retards
>>
>>385162342
Less to do with "improving", more about "gimics". The next one will have to do something different and new compared to the current titles, and it will have to be in a way that is difficult for the current titles to easily incorporate. Pubg is setting itself up for a short time at the top though; the game is fairly 1 dimensional, and without something more to keep it fresh, I doubt it will hold on to the sheep for very long. It will have a decent following, but the sheep that move from ea game to ea game will flock to the next one as soon as they grow bored.
>>
>>385163345
Fucking garbage studio with nothing but mediocre garbage edgy games, Serious Sam was never good, just ok games.
>>
>>385163548
>who buy into this normalfaggotry bandwagon "games"
buzzwords everywhere. And what does "games" mean? How exactly is PUBG not a game? And who told you I spent actual money? Don't you know you can sell items on steam and get money to purchase games for free right? I got the game for twenty something, I just had to sell 3 pages of CSGO crates.
>because you feel it will bring you closer to your buddy twitch tv guy
This is pure paranoia at this point. You autists need to stop having panic attacks over streamers. Only streamer I ever saw was Kripp, for one hour, when he was doing diablo 3 stuff at release. I've never been on twitch since, stop just assuming things when you dislike a game.

I got the game because I wanted to see why it's popular and because a friend wanted to play with me. It's not rocket science. I like shooting at people in games, I can do that in PUBG, therefore I play PUBG, a fun game I got for free and will play for many hours will you cry in your basement lmao.

hang yourself sperglord
>>
File: GG Dizzy.webm (3MB, 716x736px) Image search: [Google]
GG Dizzy.webm
3MB, 716x736px
>>385162845
I didn't imply that PS4 players aren't retarded for buying ARK. In fact they are the most retarded, does ARK even run above 12fps on a PS4? What's the point of playing survival memes on consoles?

My point still applies, if the game didn't blow up on PC it wouldn't get a console port. Getting a console port just goes to show how much PC gamers eat this kind of shit. I'm sure the developers never even dreamt of having a console port , they probably expected 10k suckers to buy their game, not half a dozen million.

>>385163189
>PUBG
That's only the latest FOTM game in a long line of succession of FOTM games that are killing PC gaming. Not sure why you posted it as counter proof when it only helps my point.
Are you even able to distinguish between real games and earlyAccess/Crowdfunded cancer anymore? Are PC game minds THIS fried and brainwashed?
Do you even remember what a good game IS?

>Prey
>Dishonored 2
Console ports. How are they related to PC games?

>Rising Storm 2
FINALLY an actual PC game. Although the fact that you could only bring up Shooters as an example is kind of sad and goes to show how PC gaming has fallen. Try just a bit harder and think of an actual PC game (It's sad that I have to specify this, but... Not EarlyAccess or Crowdfudned) that isn't a shooter or RTS. I just thought of a couple but I don't want to help you out.

>>385163742
>If X has 2 million sales and Y has 2, X instead having 1 million sales would still see Y having 2
Sure, less sales of a game don't mean more sales for another. But it does mean a focus on copying that formula. All this shit started from a simple Arma Zombie/survival mod, then that got attention and then you got a dozen copycats, including but not limited to RUST, ARK and Battlegrounds.

If the ARMA mod didn't do so well, the developers of those dozens of early access copycats could be developing different games right now. You could've gotten 5 different genres instead of survival game after survival game
>>
Not once have I been compelled to look this game up, because on the surface it looks like every other early fotm early access open world multiplayer survival shooting griefing simulator.

Is this one different somehow? Redpill me I guess.
>>
>just another survival crafting game where you gather stuff for a week and then die losing everything at once
Why do people like shit like this?
>>
File: 1495403371341.png (35KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1495403371341.png
35KB, 350x350px
>Drop into a map
>Get lucky with a gun, win, don't, die
>Game actively encourges you to avoid conflict
>Last man standing typically only has one or two kills
What a boring piece of trash.
>>
>>385164095
I'm asking if you can dispute anything I posted as character attacks mean literally nothing. What validity does the word shill hold when it's posted in literally every thread and why do you feel the need to go into threads you don't like to scream SHILL when threads for games you like have the exact same posts.

If your only response is "s-shill" you're admitting that you can't argue me, agree with me, and that those posts hold no value. If you can argue it, enlighten me.
>>
Early access basically means two things

1. There are enough gullible people willing to buy unfinished games as they develop, based on concept alone

2. As long as its fun at times, people are fine paying half price for games that have too many glaring holes, such as massive lack of content or game breaking bugs/glitches

As long as there's a demographic who cares about having quality games, the established developers will give us that. It's likely that the large majority of indie games go the early access route though, it just seems logical.
>>
>>385164562
You gather stuff for 20 minutes tops in PUBG and mostly deathmatch with other players.

It's the logical evolution of the survival genre because everyone was just deathmatching in those anyway so might as well cut out all the superfluous shit.
>>
>>385162782
It's not much different from other 1 dimensional shooter games like CSGO and COD. It has it's own gimicks sure, but overall, it has very little substance, and people are basically just coming back for one simple gamemode.
>>
>>385164542
It's paced a lot faster than other games that look like it and it's honest deathmatch, so there's no griefing or "survival" elements besides surviving the other players.
>>
>>385156201
there's nothing really wrong with beta tests if there's already a playable game
>>
>>385164448
I'm responding directly to OP and the idea in this thread that this genre is the "future", because it's not.
>>
>>385162673
>pubg is a survival game

Have you even played it? It's a battleground game. There's no survival, there's no food, water, shelter, crafting, etc. It's relatively fast paced dependent on how you prefer to play and the goal is just to kill everyone else and be the last one standing.

A game that lasts a max of like 25 minutes isn't a survival game.
>>
>>385162342
I was happy to stop playing Half Life in 1999 in favor of System Shock 2. Not because Half-Life was a shitty FOTM game but because time goes by and new things emerge, which is a concept retarded FOTM-spouting shitposters can't grasp.
>>
>>385164562
>30 minute matches are now persistent games.
The game isn't like Rust or DayZ. There is an end, there is a single winner or in duos/squads a team wins.
>>
>>385164562
Am I being memed?

>match starts
>parachute on an island with 99 other people
>everyone starts with no gear and basic clothes
>land on map, find gear, kill each other, last man standing wins
>zone on map gets smaller over time to force people to fight and move
>game can't last longer than 30 minutes
>no crafting system
>nothing persists between games except points earned for buying cosmetics
>>
>>385164536
Your opinion is getting it the way of facts. You can't fill a cup that's already full. You have an opinion and you're here to defend it and to be right, regardless of how well researched it is.

Calling it now, anything that contradicts your opinion factually will be disregarded because of reasons.

As a bonus, I'm not the guy you've been replying to. I'm this guy. >>385164542
>>
>>385163724
If you die you can just quit and start again. You CAN play with your brain off, just like you can be extremely focused and do your best. You can very well play the game while being semi afk and doing other things.

You can be drunk with friends on skype and just race around the map on bikes until you get killed, or tryhard like your life depends on it against other tryhard teams.
>>
>>385164751
OP is most likely either baiting or simply fasle flagging to generate (you)s. I wouldn't think much of it if I were you.
>>
>>385160359
>>385160284
>>385152854
>7th gen
>pc players beg for ports of console exclusives
>8th gen
>sony and microsoft beg for ports of pc exclusives
how the mighty have fallen
>>
>>385164683
Except pubg in it's current state AS IS is worth the $30 price tag and it doesn't matter at all that it has the early access label. Any further content at this point is just a pure plus
>>
>>385162782
>unnecessarily aggressive defensiveness

If anything I'd say it's unnecessarily aggressive offensiveness. People really want to find reasons to hate this game, hate the community, and hate any discussion of it. But what they won't do is actually play the game or just realize that lots of people just think it's fun.
>>
>>385163504
>keep the tip jar full so the programmer keeps working on the game
>be the highest tipper to suggest new game mechanics
>each tip sends vibrations into the coders seat so he knows you care
>>
File: IMG_2342.jpg (205KB, 491x497px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2342.jpg
205KB, 491x497px
>>385164913
>playing unfinished games
>actually PAYING for them
>>
>>385164536
If DoW 3 sells like shit. Rust selling like shit doesn't mean that devs will be encouraged to make games that sell like DoW 3. If anything, they will want to not make games on PC at all.

Again the point over and over is that the games you want to see have more support do not have the support that encourages further releases. That's not the fault of shit like Rust or Battlegrounds. Games like DoW are not successful period. You can't blame games like Rust. Blame the people who buy them who simply don't want other PC games
>>
>>385155683
>Its popular, early access, has in game buyable cosmetics, unoptimized
Just like CS:Gary's Taint
>>
>>385164913
Exactly my point
>>
>>385155683
Just like minecraft
>>
>>385165063
You're saying unfinished like it matters. If people didn't like it, they could have returned it, but they gave $30 and tried it out, decided it was fun, and kept playing.
>>
>>385163972
Neither really have any set goals, besides the ones you determine yourself. Sure, it's "deathmatch" but what do you get for winning? Play again and again, and never really progress to any end game or final goal; it is the same shit, but with a more clearly defined reward system.
>>
>>385165063
Why would I wait for a product that's perfectly fine to use now, if I a) have the money and b) think it's fun? It's not an experimental drug, anon.
>>
>>385164542
>like every other early fotm
It's not fotm lmao, the game has been top seller for months now.
>early access
It is
>open world
It is, one big map and the play area becomes smaller and smaller over time. In the end the remaining players are in 20m2.
>multiplayer survival shooter
Yes, you're on an island with 99 other people and you have to kill them.
>griefing simulator
it's literally impossible to grief. You either play solo, or with friends, in which case it would be counter productive to kill them.

If you have friends who play it or want to buy it, get it too, I promise you will have fun. If you don't have friends who play the game, don't bother. You will start the game with a negative approach, won't have any fun, and your games will always be: run around like a madman for 15 minutes, get killed by a sniper for somewhere.
>>
>>385165284
>Sure, it's "deathmatch" but what do you get for winning?
An adrenaline rush. Really though, anon? Do you not see how this differs? A match cannot be longer than 36 minutes in PUBG. Meanwhile, in DayZ, you'd only have found a pistol and two cans of spaghetti in the same time. They play very differently.
>>
>>385164542
>griefing simulator

I mean, you could join in with a squad of 3 randoms and kill them, but you get no points for it and it just puts you at a disadvantage.

If you wanna grief you could but it doesn't really lend itself to doing it.
>>
>>385165284
Honestly, if we go down that line, that could apply to practically any multiplayer game without permanent progression. And people were quite happy to enjoy those back in the day.
>>
>>385164913
>just a pure plus
Or minus. They can take away just as easily as they can add. They literally made you pay for an "incomplete" game, which means they can change it as much as they want while it stays in early access status. Sure, once they take it out you can refund, but they really have no obligation to ever do such a thing.
>>
>>385165284
>but what do you get for winning
Fun. It's very satisfying to get a win, whether it be solo, duo, or squad. Being one of the last 10 people gives you a rush, puts you on edge.

Also not like it matters that much but you do get a lot more points for winning a game. It can only be used to buy crates for a random cosmetic, but you do get something I suppose.
>>
File: WHERE DA VIDYA GAMES THO.gif (508KB, 162x152px) Image search: [Google]
WHERE DA VIDYA GAMES THO.gif
508KB, 162x152px
>>385164873
Your reply would be more helpful if you were specific about anything I've said.

>>385165125
>If DoW 3 sells like shit
It probably will, doesn't look like that great of a game unfortunately

>Rust selling like shit doesn't mean that devs will be encouraged to make games that sell like DoW 3
But it does mean that the early access survival meme train will stop sooner rather than perpetuating even further like it has (with no signs of stopping) If I had a 10 man team and wanted to make a PC game right now you can be assured I'll hop on that train too. Easy money. That's what everyone wants right now and for the foreseeable future.
It's a HUGE incentive to copy the formula rather than make a RPG or a Commados spiritual sequel, or a DungeonKeeper style game, etc

> If anything, they will want to not make games on PC at all.
Well that already happened about 15 years ago. Like I said all the top talent moved on to consoles since that playerbase actually supports a diverse pool of games, even if Sports, Cod and GTA dominate there's still plenty of room for other genres even for AA and AAA developers/publishers, unlike current PC gaming (which supports Early Access and MOBA clones and F2P games instead)

>Blame the people who buy them who simply don't want other PC games
Oh I am. What I just quoted from you is pretty much the TL;DR of my first post >>385161569
The paying public is always the one to blame, which is why I'm saddened by all the crowdfunded success.
>>
>>385165284
The goal is clearly improving yourself in the game,no?
>>
>>385152854
Fucking delusional
>>
>>385156945
>free crates being removed
Stop lying fag. They're adding 3 new crates and only one of them cost money to open.
>>
>>385160671
>performance doubles every time lmao.
They did a lot of performance changes that should have been done months ago. Eg. They were rendering full detail vehicles/fences from a mile away.
>>
>>385165747
>back in the day
Just how young are you? "Back in the day" multiplayer was just a side component to an established single player story; hell, even COD has a single player mission that they put quite a bit of work into.

>>385165512
>adrenaline rush
You get that from the other ea survial titles too. Having a bunch of shit on you that you can lose when some kos asshole shows up adds that aspect. Ya, Pubg has shorter gameplay with an easy goal in sight, and hence why I said "a more clearly defined reward system", but it is still the same concept for entertainment (the thought of being killed at any moment as you progress in loot/valuables). Rust could easily be this game if it wants too, and there is even similar deathmatch servers with lootable items. The only thing it needs to do is let the players spawn in locations they choose and stay dead. There you just made Rust into Pubg.
>>
>>385166097
I just don't see what not having games like Rust will do to help. I agree that devs are more inclined to follow suit if that's where the money is, but I feel that they simply won't make games on PC unless it's for cash cows like this one.

Maybe it would feel good but I don't see PC having good games just because devs aren't encouraged to release garbage for streamer cash
>>
>>385160284
>Sony does not allow early access games
>Destiny 1 & 2
>>
>>385166008
I was refering to the fact that there is no end goal to the game itself (no final boss, no final level to reach). You don't even have to be playing to kill; your goals are the ones you set yourself, so you can play passive/stealth and just hide to the end if that's what you fancy, with killing being left for the final.
>>
>>385166143
That's literally any game. You get better as you play. Not really a goal, more so a fundemental aspect of games.
>>
>>385165805
You're fucking stupid.
>>
>>385166364
https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/comments/6ph5xf/looks_like_free_cosmetics_are_going_byebye/
>>
File: based fucking lirik.gif (2MB, 810x540px) Image search: [Google]
based fucking lirik.gif
2MB, 810x540px
i rly hate all the fucking anti pubg shill's its quiet obvious there h1z1 players lol enjoy ur dieing game.
>>
>>385166724
That's not the goal of most CoD players though. Those who persue it are delusional.
>>
>>385165063

Is a game ever finished?
>>
>>385166631
>so you can play passive/stealth and just hide to the end if that's what you fancy

I suppose you could, but the game prompts you and everyone else to move at the drop of a hat. Unless the house or location you're in just so happens to me the exact end point, you're going to have to move and when you move damn near everyone else is going to move. It encourages conflict so just 'hiding until it's you and 1 other person' isn't really as easy as people make it out to sound.
>>
>>385166429
>"Back in the day" multiplayer was just a side component to an established single player story
Tell that to UT, Quake III, CS and other similar games from that age. Pure multiplayer shooters are already close to 20 years old, no need to pretend that they are a new thing.
>>
>>385166429
>Having a bunch of shit on you that you can lose when some kos asshole shows up adds that aspect. Ya, Pubg has shorter gameplay with an easy goal in sight, and hence why I said "a more clearly defined reward system", but it is still the same concept for entertainment (the thought of being killed at any moment as you progress in loot/valuables).
You don't understand. PUBG is a game specifically designed for the ADD kill-on-sight deathmatchers that ruined every actual survival game. That's why it's so popular, it gives you the maximum survival game deathmatching experience without any of the boring survival gameplay.

The only weird thing is that it took this long for a game like this to be released. Ever since the DayZ mod went big it was blatantly obvious that the majority playerbase was not interested in the actual survival aspects and just wanted a looting simulator. There were Arma2 and Arma3 mods that did literally the exact same thing PUBG does but they never made it big. I guess Twitch and Steam frontpage really did make a difference.
>>
File: 62748.jpg (26KB, 285x281px) Image search: [Google]
62748.jpg
26KB, 285x281px
>Early Access is the future.
>>
>>385166429
Q3 nor UT had no established single player story. That's 18 years ago - I'd call that 'back in the day'.

If you're gonna simplify the rules and goals of the game, then every game in a given genre would pretty much be the same game. There is a huge difference between dayz and pubg, much like there's a huge difference between csgo, r6 siege and rising storm. Just because it's a new genre doesn't give you the possibility to say it's all the same.
>>
>Early access is the present
>>
>>385165063
So how do you feel about games patching and updating shit then? While get that the introduction of patches and early access make game developers a little less motivated to really hack out the bugs in a game, why do early access games get so much more hate when a game like say, Dark Souls, gets PvP and patches and updates all the time?
>>
>>385166948
KYS, underaged faggot
>>
>>385162123
>the only games on PC
what a terrific platform
>>
File: reloading a M1 Garand.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
reloading a M1 Garand.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>385166436
>but I feel that they simply won't make games on PC unless it's for cash cows like this one.
That's because it's too late already. PC gaming cornered itself into this niche. It's very hard to get out.
Even if my uninspired DOTA clone only gets 0.2% of LoL's playerbase I'll still earn 20x more money than my hypothetical JurassicPark management game.

Honestly I don't know of a way out at this point. The snowball only gets bigger, not smaller. Even on of the last "PC saviors", Valve, realised they would make much more money by doing... nothing. Sad, really.

I guess it's the nature of PC. There's no big manufacturer to sponsor games and create competition like Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo are doing. The PC hardware houses don't care about making games because you need to buy their RAM or MOBOS or GPUs either way regardless of what you play or which services you use.
With consoles Nintendo spends money and creates teams to make platformers, then Sony does the same to create their own so that you buy their system instead, and the industry grows from there.
>>
>>385166962
>The only weird thing is that it took this long for a game like this to be released
But all those other games can easily create a server that simulates this. It's just a gamemode where you spawn in with nothing, loot, and when you die, your dead for good. Besides the map slowly getting smaller, I'm sure every other ea survival title can easily set up a server that plays very close to Pubg.

In fact, I remember Minecraft even had a "hunger games" like gamemode pretty far back. That was pretty much exactly the same concept (loot, kill, survive till the end) without the drop-in and map size decreasing.

This isn't really a new concept at all. It seems like the drop-in gimick is what sells it the most.
>>
>>385152678
Tried with a couple of friends and we all refunded it.
It's so fucking boring.
>>
>>385158229
This isn't the first battle royale game that was very popular for a long period of time, newfriend.
>>
>>385159621
KOTK is what made this genre popular. Most of the playerbase left for PUBG because Daybreak dropped the ball on fixing the game.
>>
>>385161421
>Optional cosmetics
>Can buy but don't have to and can still enjoy the game
Anyone who doesn't do this now a days is an idiot
>>
File: skyrim_runescape.png (1MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
skyrim_runescape.png
1MB, 1680x1050px
>>385167292
Wasn't there a big video game crash in the 80s? It's time for history to repeat itself I guess kek
>>
>>385167492
You can make custom games in Operation Flashpoint to have it play just like CS. That doesn't mean they aren't different games or that OFP makes CS obsolete. With WADs for Doom you can have any setting you want. Just because it's possible to customize other games doesn't mean it's the best and/or easiest approach.
>>
>>385160078
It would still end up pushing one of the other players out first, but I suppose it would even the playing field more.
>>
>>385167050
>Used to pay for a full game
>Used to pre-order for beta access
>Used to pay in full with pre-order for beta access
>Now paying for an indefinite beta
>>
is this game worth it /v/?
>>
File: Cts4Iy4UIAESnaw.jpg (150KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Cts4Iy4UIAESnaw.jpg
150KB, 1200x900px
Will he ever recover?
>>
>>385167887
PS4 and Switch are selling too well for that to happen. What's really gonna crash is this flood of shit on steam that NO ONE is buying. PC devs are gonna stop bothering unless they know they have a winner on their hands.
>>
>>385168108
He only got a temp ban
>>
>>385156201
Early Access games should be refundable at any time before the official launch. That would force them to tone down the scam.
>>
File: SummerLesson.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SummerLesson.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>385167887
Kind of. It only happened in the US, the other regions didn't notice a thing.
The difference is that the crash happened because no one was buying Atari's trash games. This time around everyone is buying Early Access trash games... a LOT. So in a way the PC gaming crash happened around 2002-2003 when REAL games stop being made for the platform and good developers jumped ship to consoles permanently.

A crash for gaming overall like you're thinking won't happen, no. Because it never happened worldwide (only in the US, before NES's release) and because consoles are doing so well in both hardware and software sales. PS4 is almost doing PS2 numbers, doubling PS3 sales month by month, and even the Xbone which is clearly behind is still outselling the 360 month by month. The only outlier was Nintendo last gen, but Switch is doing well now.
>>
>>385167887
VIDYA MARKET CRASH WHEN?
>>
>>385168515
Thanks anon didn't know that
>>
>>385168082
Well, with Kickstarter, you can also pay for a game that does not and will not exist. What a wonderful world we live in.
>>
>>385157980
Excellent bait lad well done!! Look how many yous
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (132KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
132KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: nu4chan.jpg (41KB, 817x342px) Image search: [Google]
nu4chan.jpg
41KB, 817x342px
>>385155683
It should, it isn't, guess why.
>>
>>385155683
So, it's exactly like every other game in the market?
>>
>>385168408
There's literally no reason for this post to not be reality.
>>
>>385169289
>smart phones become mainstream
>l-look! the n-normies!

Every time. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same retard who posts this image over and over.
>>
>>385166823
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/based%20fucking%20lirik.gif/
The RedditUnknown's Battlegrounds audience, everyone.
>>
File: 1498957868653.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1498957868653.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>385169795
>lul
>ppl
>cuz
>that fucking filename
>le streamer cancer is based
>>
>>385169289
How do people stand imageboards on phones that aren't Nips? It's so fucking slow compared to a proper browser.
>>
>>385169720
>stuttering
>reddit spacing
Lurk two years before posting.
>>
File: IMG_0121.gif (483KB, 243x270px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0121.gif
483KB, 243x270px
>>385169795
>this is the average PUBGcuck
>>
>>385161461
I can't imagine going through life being this cynical.

You sound like someone that would say something to the effect of "wake up sheeple".
>>
>>385170694
Fuck off to Reddit, underaged fag.
>>
File: 1485855712695.jpg (117KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1485855712695.jpg
117KB, 500x400px
>>385169942
it's more convenient, you can shitpost while taking a shit
>>
>>385152678
Full priced $60 games act like early access games already. Look at SFV, ME:A, Blazblue CT, etc

At least they're honest and it is at a discount.
>>
>>385169289
Phoneposters are only part of it. The bigger userbase is the real problem.
>>
>>385152854
>don't have a computer that can run PUBG
>have a boner that can
I'll buy it if it's not full price.

30-40$ CAD is a good deal for a Xbone game considering new releases these days are around 90$.
>>
>>385152678
Did anyone think otherwise? Of course people who play video games, probably the most mentally stunted and financially incompetent group of entertainment consumers there is, would prefer to get a broken, buggy, early-access turd they can play and have fun with NOW for $30 before moving onto the next one after a week.
>>
>>385152678
So basically Early Access nowadays is just selling a game without fixing the bugs, right?
>>
>>385162807
EDF is some legit fucking fun.

If I had friends, it would be even more fun.

I'm horny.
>>
File: hrmmmm.jpg (64KB, 198x223px) Image search: [Google]
hrmmmm.jpg
64KB, 198x223px
To be fair, Early access doesnt mean the game is trash. There are devs that take the label seriously and put out pretty regular updates. Subnautica comes to mind. While I dont have PUBG, I think the dev also take it seriously too.

I agree a lot of early access games are trash but the games that do well (more often than not) have a sound idea behind the game and a good dev behind the idea.
>>
>>385161857
>most effective strategy is to camp for 25 minutes
Pure adrenaline!
>>
File: 1450370984323.jpg (80KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1450370984323.jpg
80KB, 625x626px
>>
File: 1492953697789.jpg (40KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1492953697789.jpg
40KB, 657x527px
>>385175748
People who camp statistically do worse than people who move constantly.
>>
>>385155683
Because it's the first actually playable, successful adaptation of "the hunger games" environment. It would be even better if there was a mode that encouraged longer games, had a day night cycle, and included needs like hunger. It would be incredible.
>>
>>385168172
what for?
>>
>>385176267
I have a 50% winrate and I camp
>>
>>385176413
You played 2 rounds and anecdotal evidence doesn't invalidate statistics.
>>
>>385176267
Why loot when you can have some retard bring it right to your feet?
>>
>>385176515
Post statistics.
>>
>>385176515
Good point, I'm not terrible like the majority of the playerbase.
>>
>>385152678
everyone will return it when it gets released
>>
>>385176402
>and included needs like hunger

No
>>
File: 1500419501070.png (708KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1500419501070.png
708KB, 640x640px
>we saw H1Z1 sell a good amount for a little while before the devs made it even clearer that they didn't care and we want that audience
>>
>>385152678
It's been that way for a while. People eat it up whether it's serviceable or a steaming pile of shit.
>>
>>385156201
It's a unique experience that you will not get with any other game out there right now.

True there are shitty bugs like
- buildings not fucking loading until 2 minutes after you land
- "network lag detected" when you are in a firefight
- horrible stutter for first 5 minutes

but aside from that, it's very satisfying to lure a dude into a trap with a parked car and then blast him with a shotgun
>>
>>385164460
Only recently have Overwatch and ASSFAGGOTS posters not been absolutely shit on when they post. It's nu /v/ in full effect.
>>
>>385164597
My wins always have 5+ kills, maybe youre just bad
>>
>>385164460
>>385178797
Don't forget mobile gacha cancer and VNs that are allowed and primarily get love now. /v/ has shit taste
>>
File: 1408995760152.jpg (59KB, 395x401px) Image search: [Google]
1408995760152.jpg
59KB, 395x401px
>>385160207
>It's not popular because of streamers, streamers play it because it's popular.
Imagine being this naive
>>
>>385176413
you don't have a 50% winrate
Thread posts: 269
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.