[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No Absolver threads? Does /v/ not care or does /v/ not know?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

No Absolver threads? Does /v/ not care or does /v/ not know?
>>
Preordered it. It's not very flashy and seems challenging so it isn't surprising /v/ might not care.
>>
>>385147843
played beta, pretty boring.
>>
>>385148502
It's a shame. I mean not that I crave /v/ threads but I was hoping there'd be generals for it either here or /vg/. I want a place to discuss the best ways to be a cocksucker online while the game is still young.

There's also very little info on the actual structure of the game. I can't piece together how much of it is going to be MMO-like or whether it's going to be closer to For Honor.
>>
Is there any gameplay from evo or the beta?

I can't seem to find anything but trailers and official footage. I want raw gameplay.
>>
>>385148734
The only hope is that the FGC actually picks it up, which is what the developers are actually aiming for anyway.
>>
File: absolver beta 1.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
absolver beta 1.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>385148820
>I can't seem to find anything but trailers and official footage.
have you tried literally typing "absolver beta" in the youtube search bar?
>>
>>385148915
FGC never "picks up" anything that isn't a sequel to an already-well-established traditional series, though.
>>
>>385147843
it's out in 31 days, still too long away to really hype it up. /v/ has a short attention span
>>
Is it open-world? What's the online play like?
Can I partner up with a couple friends and go on adventures looking for players to fight?

Or is it just going to be For Honor with slowmo Godhand combos?
>>
>>385149174

Is it just me or is the camera just at a super annoying angle? I get that it's so you can see other people coming in multiplayer games, but in one-on-ones this seems annoying. And I don't like how your characters feet get cut off sometimes - it looks super weird only because you can kick.
>>
I really hope this game takes off. I've been wanting a kung fu movie sim for a long time, but most fighting games and beat-em-ups just don't cut it. Absolver is the closest we'll probably ever get.

On that note I really wish the characters had faces. I like masks, but they lose their cool factor when everyone in the game has them. I want regular faces to make more convincing Bruce Lee/Jackie Chan lookin ass dudes and make the masks less common and more interesting to see.
>>
>>385151078
yes
>>
>>385148915
That would be pretty cool. But Smash isn't letting go of those two slots that easily. Maybe anime evo will stream it.
>>
>>385147843
all the promotional art I see for the game featured women so I just naturally think that it isnĀ“t meant for me
>>
>>385149509
Open world hub with quests and pve within which you will encounter random players to either fight or befriend.

World hub will have places to que up for actual 1v1 or 3v3 matchmaking
>>
>>385147843

I'm preordering it, baby.

MUH MARTIAL ARTS
>>
File: SHINING FINGAH.gif (500KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
SHINING FINGAH.gif
500KB, 500x375px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct9fs3ULVIo
>>
>>385152261
That's disappointing. Was hoping for more of a sandbox feel.

So what is going to be put in place to make fighting players vs. befriending them a difficult decision to make? It's not going to be one of those things where only one decision has a clear benefit, is it?
>>
>>385147843
Im gonna buy it just to support a game doing kung-fu/ martial arts shit. I'm also a zi quan style fan so thatll be fun.
>>
>>385152981

>proximity voice chat at the open world hub

COME AT ME BRAH IM TRAINED IN GORILLA WARFARE AND ALSO TRAIN UFC NIGGA COME AT ME DUDEBRO
>>
File: 1498877827983.png (45KB, 222x372px) Image search: [Google]
1498877827983.png
45KB, 222x372px
I've asked this before but I've never gotten an answer, is it 60fps on PS4?
>>
>>385153558

>>
I'm just hoping for cleaner looking tribal gear. Some of the default masks look like a set of bananas painted white and stuck on your face.
>>
>>385147843
I played the beta and thought it was shit.
>>
>>385152981
If you fight players you have a chance to learn their moves and add them to your moveset. If you befriend someone more experienced they can become your mentor and temporarily teach you their moves as long as you remain loyal.

The devs want the hub world to be a place where you practice and find friends and then take those friends into serious competitive matches
>>
>>385153646
Source? I didn't get to play the beta.
>>
>>385153808
Wait I thought the mentor system let you inevitably learn moves? You're telling me it's all temporary? What a pointless mechanic.

Everyone's going to attack each-other on sight, mark my words.
>>
If they have another beta and I enjoy it, yes, if not, I will buy it on sale and if it is good, I'll keep it, if not, refund.
>>
>>385153795
What was wrong with it? It looks pretty fun but I haven't played it yet.
>>
Is it gonna be for honor without weapons
>>
>>385155310
it has weapons though. It's going to be For Honor but actually good and not casualized
>>
>>385155009
I just though it was boring and quite clunky to play (though I did play it with a keyboard). The netcode/severs fucking sucked and the matchmaking didn't work most of the time for me. I was disappointed because I was actually looking forward to it.
>>
>>385155387
For Honor wasn't really casualized, the issue was its networking system. Well that and the attack patterns started to become predictable due to everything being nerfed.
>>
> 2 more days til I can get the Ultimate Edition
> Limited to 3500 people
> Not sure of the counter remaining
>>
>>385155467
>playing a fighting game with a keyboard
Why?
>The netcode/severs fucking sucked and the matchmaking didn't work most of the time for me
Well that sucks. Hopefully they get that shit fixed. Guess I'll wait for it to go on sale.
>>
>>385147843
You can't talk about upcoming games on /v/ unless they are AAA games or part of a long standing franchise lest you be called a shill.
Anyway I've been looking forward to it for a while though I'm getting a bit tired of pvp and competitive games, I'll probably get it on sale unless everybody starts raving about it.
>>
>>385155732
>no where near the top of Steam best sellers
>like 17 people in these threads showing interest in the game, most still on the fence about buying it at all

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it bro, you should be safe
>>
File: 1376601707705.jpg (36KB, 398x307px) Image search: [Google]
1376601707705.jpg
36KB, 398x307px
>>385154251
>buy it on sale
>a game that's already half the price of the average game
>>
>>385155993
Because I couldn't play it with a controller. i kept trying to use my xbox controller but the game wouldn't recognize it for some reason.
>inb4 the controller is broken
It's not, I used it to play games this weekend.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.