[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

reminder that 2013 was the worst year for video games ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: 2013 the year to be alive.png (1MB, 1186x875px) Image search: [Google]
2013 the year to be alive.png
1MB, 1186x875px
reminder that 2013 was the worst year for video games ever
>>
2014 was worse
>>
>>385145793

But Black Flag was fun...
>>
>>385145793
Black Flag was great, Tomb Raider was average, holy shit the rest, Crysis 3...I mean 2 was Call of Duty shit but 3 just took it to an entirely new tier, and it was so badly optimized, ugly, looked like shit, ran like shit.

Pretty much killed the company.
>>
>>385145793
ACBF is OK, a much better pirate game than AC game but still... Beats the shit out of AC3
Tomb Raider was actually pretty OK. Sort of casual, but I liked the tone and story, art direction was good. Nice counterpoint to Uncharted.
Saints Row 4 is better than SR3. Actually one of the better superhero games I've ever played. I wish more of the stuff they had in Gat Out of Hell had been in the main game.
Bioshock Infinite is 5/10.
>>
I will literally never get the taste of shit out of my mouth from Bioshock Infinite. Until my last day on this Earth my tastebuds will know true and benevolent excrement.
>>
>>385145793
That title belongs to 2007, almost 2006, because those were the catalyst for the shitopeia of games that you see today.
>>
>>385147157
>when you walk out into that first rail bridge
>encounter invisible walls

That was the moment I knew

This was gonna be bad
>>
>>385147294
2007 has games worth playing. 2013 on the other hand is the year where all of the shitty trends started in 2007 were used the most.
>>
>>385145793
also mario party island tour, pokemon x/y, gta v, and the start of this shitty gen
but 2013 had animal crossing new leaf, the wonderful 101, new super luigi u, lego city undercover, kid icarus uprising, super mario 3d world, pikmin 3
also earthbound finally got on virtual console
it wasnt that bad
>>
>>385145793
We got Revengeance at least.
>>
>>385145793
>TR
>Black Flag
>BF4
>bad
>>
>>385145793
>>385148695
BF4 had a shitty release but it picked up half a year later.
Saints Row IV isn't bad as well.
>>
File: Thulsa Doom 2.jpg (62KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Thulsa Doom 2.jpg
62KB, 320x240px
>>385145793
>Bioshock Infinite

Still mad
>>
>>385147393
The realisation that it was going to be shit came in stages for me

>See my first medkit
>Can't pick it up
>Realise that I have to be hurt in order to consume it, can't take it with me

>Use the possess vigour (Realising they removed hacking, BIG red flag) to possess a turret
>Kills all the bad guys
>I try to finish off the turret before the vigour wears off
>My bullets do virtually no damage
>Damage is mitigated against things you've possessed

>Halfway through the first shooting segments
>Realise that there's no indicator for what ammo type I'm using
>They removed ammo types
>They removed armour piercing rounds in a game that features giant cyborg men and literal robots
>The feature obviously had a right to be there

>1 hour in
>Realise that I'm not in the tutorial section anymore and that the map really is just that linear.

>2 weapon limits

>Find my first upgrade station
>Just pay money for weapon upgrades, which now make no sense because you swap weapons constantly.

It was about the time Vox weapons were introduced that I realised that the game was never going to meet my expectations. When an upgrade system forces you to pick only a few guns to upgrade, only to replace them all with similar but shittier versions halfway through the game, then it' pretty clear that the developers never had gameplay at the forefront of their minds
>>
>>385145793
Dragon's Crown and Rogue Legacy were the only games I liked that year I think
>>
At least 2013 had games. Remember 2012?
>>
The sad thing about Bioshock Infinite is the first like half of the game is legit great but as soon as you start going through tears and shit the game just fucking collapses on itself
>>
>>385148258
>Nintendo
fuck off
>>
>>385145793
Both 2012 and 2014 were objectively worse

Fuck outta here
>>
>>385148258
GTA V was and is great. However it's just not quite as good as IV
>>
>>385145793
2014 was definitely worse. I un-ironically enjoyed Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, Black Flag, DmC, TLoU, A Link Between Worlds, Mario 3D World, Metal Gear Rising, Pokemon X and Y, Rayman Legends and Runner 2 so I thought it was a pretty damn good year.
>>
A lot of those games are average, none of them are terrible, although I didn't play Ghost or Battlefield. But besides that point, there were other games that came out in 2013 than those 8 games. To give five examples: The Last of Us, Splinter Cell Blacklist, The Wonderful 101, Super Mario 3D World, and Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.
>>
>>385151702
You have it backwards. The first half is fucking boring and the second half or maybe just the last third the game finally comes together.
>>
>>385151405
>the developers never had gameplay at the forefront of their minds

Fucking this. It's amazing how great the gameplay in Bioshock and it's sequel is. I think that's why the story is so great, because you get so immersed and distracted in the world, you're constantly listening and watching for splicers, keeping track of how much of each ammo type you have for each weapon, remember what plasmids you have on you and how to best use them, weighing everything by potential gain vs. loss... and then suddenly everything you think you know crumbles away, and you realize you murdered children just so that you could buy hypos cheaper.
>>
>>385152815
The Last of Us understood this, that game isn't perfect by any means but they understood how good gameplay grounds you in the story, and makes you feel like you really need to survive instead of just walking through a movie where everything is on rails and there's no depth to combat.
>>
>>385152815
>and then suddenly everything you think you know crumbles away, and you realize you murdered children just so that you could buy hypos cheaper
Its kind of spoiled by the fact you get better shit for not killing them
>>
>>385152390
>>385151813
2014 has a lot of good games, but they're quite niche. 2013 on the other hand is just a bag of mediocrity with like 1 or 2 good games.
as for 2012 vs 2013, i'd say they're pretty close, however the quality of the games from 2012, while still shit, is a bit higher than 2013.
>>
File: C7dgb22XUAE1tmJ.jpg (74KB, 680x907px) Image search: [Google]
C7dgb22XUAE1tmJ.jpg
74KB, 680x907px
Redpill me on Bioshock infinite, why does everyone hate it?
>>
>>385154528
Hype backlash
>>
>>385154528
No irishmen saying nigger
>>
>>385154528
It's inferior gameplay wise to the first two, and is clearly a rush job due to the constant rewrites and alterations.

The DLC is the best thing about the game because it regresses a bit gameplay wise back to Rapture, which is also where it takes place. Going back in time is never a good sign for a game.
>>
>>385145793
BioShock Infinite was good at least
>>
Everything after 2013 is dogshit
>>
>>385154737
I feel like this is partially true. I went in with no expectations and I ended up enjoying it.
>>
>>385155626
I've never played a Bioshock game, but until recently everything I've heard about them suggested 2 was a rushed cashgrab and Infinite was the true successor to the original.
>>
Games that I can remember having enjoyed since 2013
>Black Flag
>Wolfenstein
>Transistor
>Shovel Knight
>Risk of Rain
>Titanfall
>Destiny (the version with all the DLC)
>Breath of the wild
>FE: Awakening (I think that counts)
and that's it. What went wrong?
>>
>>385154528
wait...
>>
>>385145910
2014 was fine if you had a WiiU.

2013 was just pure shit. There were a few decent 3DS games, GTA5, and Rayman Legends but that's pretty much it, and even those games are up to personal preference and aren't for everyone. 2013 had the problem of leading into a new console generation, many of the games ran poorly as they'd push the PS360 too hard and they wanted parity on PC, plus many developers put out filler games while thier core teams were busy with PS4/X1 games.
>>
>>385145793
Pandora's Tower and MGR both got releases in the West in 2013, so it wasn't all bad.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.