[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Path of Exile - Fall of Oriath

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 499
Thread images: 48

Fall of Oriath is scheduled to be released on Aug 4th, 2017, which is just under 10 days from now. I'm thinking about playing this game. I played it for about 3 weeks in 2013, but I got frustrated with the trading mechanics.

Are they going to fix the trading mechanics in this game with this new release or are they still in denial about there being issues with their trading mechanics?
>>
>Are they going to fix the trading mechanics
No. There are currently no released plans detailing even a minor change to trading mechanics at present.
However, they have been aware for a while that many people are displeased with the Trade system and have something "In the works."
In my opinion, they will continue to have something in the works until the game dies and never release it because it doesn't exist.
>>
>>385143763

damn. that's disappointing.
>>
>>385143620
I hate that the game is so reliant on that stuff if you want to be efficient/have a proper build, because aside from that its a great game
>>
>>385143620
they are never going to remove player trading, get over it or fuck off. there is never going to be an auction house stop asking.
>>
>>385144723
I never said that I want them to remove trading. Also, there currently is an auction house.

>poe.trade
>>
>>385144723

>they are never going to remove player trading, get over it or fuck off. there is never going to be an auction house stop asking.

He never said that tho, stop trying to create fake drama
>>
Time to start playing again I think. Haven't touched it for 2 years. Played Grim Dawn but the micro stutter of the shit old engine takes a lot of enjoyment out of the game. Not that PoE is well optimized either, but its better atleast.
>>
What is wrong with trade exactly? It's pretty much AH with some minimal busywork thrown in. Unless you're one of those retards buttblasted about someone being afk or (((price fixing))).
>>
havent touched it for two years or so

but will definitely start playing again when the addon hits
>>
>>385144930
You have to do it manually (whisper each player and ask them, wait for them to reply and then go to them in the game environment) instead of just being able to have people buy directly from your stash.
>>
>>385144891
>fake drama
everytime trade gets brought up it inevitably leads to "waaahh i don't know how trade works cater to my needs now"

trading is perfect only morons can't figure it out and how to take advantage of it. the only people that complain about it are babies who are used to mmos catering to them by having auction house type trading posts.
>>
>>385144930
Because it's currently an Auction House, along with multiple other problems.
>Contact the first 20-some-odd people with listings (since you can't buy directly)
>No response, AFK, "In lab" (and goes offline when done), Do Not Disturb, "Sold" (but stays up for another 20 hours+
These are all issues that would not exist and make trading infinitely better if they finally just integrated something equivalent to .trade.
Or they could cut off .trade and force people to actually interact. This middling ground is worthless.
>>
Looks like we have a GGG developer in this thread now. He's probably rallying the troops as I type this. I give it 3 minutes before there are 5+ GGG developers in this thread doing damage control.
>>
>>385145113
oh shut the fuck up. there's more that goes into trading than that. i often get people to come down off a price. sometimes we trade for gear of equal value. the trading system is a non issue and i wish good goy games would tell you all to fuck off and leave it at that

the only issue with the economy is that it's dead in the permanent leagues and it dies down and is harder to make currency in the later stages of a temp league. if you're not a dumb nigger you can make tons of currency easily in the first month of a league
>>
>>385145113
If they made it possible to buy directly from other players stash, there would be literally no player interaction. Forcing players to interact makes the game social.
>>
>>385145113
You don't want that. You think you do, but you don't.
>>
>>385143620
>not playing exclusively Hardcore Solo Self Found
what are you, casul?
>>
>>385145396
>i often get people to come down off a price

No you do not. Stop lying.
>>
>>385145113
So its basically Warframe's trading system then?
>>
>>385145491
>Hi, I would like to buy your (Item) listed for (Price) in (League) (stash tab (tab name); position: (x), (y))
>Invited to hideout party
>Enter hideout
>someone initiates trade
>mouse-over, accept
>T4T
>Leave party
Yes, amazing interaction.
>>
>>385145491
>being this deluded.

Do you work for GGG?
>>
>>385145719
>he's never initiated conversation with one of the dudes he traded with and grouped up for maps
>he is a socially awkward faggot who can't do small talk

of course if you are an autist and can't make conversation then yeah thats how trading goes but a normal functioning human being can say hey man hows your day going what build are you running?
>>
>>385145396
There is nothing that would stop you from being able to whisper a player who has an item for sell in their stash and make an offer to reduce their price. All we want is the option to buy direct from the stash of other players without having to interact with them.
>>
>>385145692
yes, i do. stop being a dumb nigger
>>
Just move to China
>>
>>385145929
>All we want is the option to buy direct from the stash of other players without having to interact with them.

You don't want that. You think you do, but you don't.
>>
>>385145929
>we
it's a non issue. the system is perfectly fine
>>
>>385143620
Before trading I would like then to fix the game before level 50, you can't do anything, it's boring as fuck...

and after that, level 90+ with total invincibility until a random instakill move
>>
>>385145945
pics or it didn't happen.
>>
>>385143620
I'm super hype for this and haven't decided on a starter build yet
>>
>>385146138
>taking pics of regular interactions
oh no, this delusional anon won't believe me and now my anonymous reputation is damaged forever
>>
>>385145491
Trying to get some cunt to give me fair market value for something isn't player interaction nor is whispering 5 afk cunts trying to get the item i need.
TL;DR you're a cunt!
>>
>>385146276
>confirmed bullshit

you don't regularly talk people down from their price. stop lying on the internet.
>>
File: garbage.jpg (30KB, 405x322px) Image search: [Google]
garbage.jpg
30KB, 405x322px
>a game where grinding out gear is a major part of the gameplay, except the drop chances on anything are so low you'll never get anything you're ever going to use yourself to drop
>>
>>385146370
how will i ever recover?
>>
>>385146263
i always do srs zombie summoner for a build starter, easy to get running with zero investment and can carry you all the way to late game. or flameblast totems or some shit.
>>
>>385146341
Those 5 afk cunts will never reply to you. They were put there to trick new players into pricing their items too low.
>>
File: 1496347532161.png (29KB, 379x345px) Image search: [Google]
1496347532161.png
29KB, 379x345px
Oh good, a PoE thread, I was just thinking about this game. I was wondering if anyone had any good insight on the ARPG genre as a whole.

I spent like 5 years playing D2 back in its hayday, it was the first game I was really, really into. But going back into it (and other games of the genre) today, I find the entire experience lacking.

I played PoE recently and got to like level 80, cleared whatever Hell difficulty is called, got to mapping and whatnot. Basically the entire point of the genre, in any game, is to get to max level and get best-in-slot gear. I watched people who play the game and get world first level 100s and whatnot, and basically the best strategy is to AoE down entire maps while using movement abilities as fast as possible in order to maximize your farming/grinding speed. In terms of things that can kill you, things are either trivial or just can 100%-0% you if they get the right mixture of bad things(tm) on them. This doesn't matter at all if you're max level and/or not on hardcore (which seems like a task in insanity when any random power outage or technical issue can kill hundreds of hours of work)

Like, is this a fun thing to do? I realize that in PoE it's much harder to get GG gear as BiS items are rares and not hard-coded uniques as in D2 but like, basically to be the ARPG genre is literally just grinding as fast as humanly possible. The only thing that matters is going fast and doing AoEing mobs down as fast as possible. That's it. That's the game. Why do you do it? So you can get better gear to AoE some more stuff. Is there something I'm missing or is this just something that people like?
>>
>>385144881
poe.trade still requires you to make each trade yourself, by hand. its just a convenient way to find someone who's selling what you're buying, or someone who's buying what you're selling.

honestly, i dont think the game would benefit from an auction house. it would probably fuck up the market even more than it already is.
>>
>>385146575
Why can't they just put poe.trade into the game and give players the option to directly buy an item from another player's stash without forcing them to whisper that player and go get it manually?
>>
File: 1495414808495.gif (2MB, 350x170px) Image search: [Google]
1495414808495.gif
2MB, 350x170px
>>385146556
nice blog post
>>
>>385146742
>muh vision

The game is supposed to be centered around bartering. If they did that, literally no bartering would happen. The creators of the game would have to admit that their initial concept for the game was bad.

They are never going to do that. They would rather let the game die than admit they were wrong.
>>
>>385146556
why does anyone do anything? simple answer is killing mobs is fun and the unknown randomness of it all is exciting you never know what kind of packs you are going to get and whats going to drop.

its akin to gambling where you never know when you are going to hit a jackpot but its more interactive and less harmful. playing the odds and having the freedom to make any kind of build you can imagine is what makes path of exile in particular really amazing, ggg created a system that gives the player almost unlimited freedom to do whatever they can come up with. that kind of power is intoxicating.
>>
>>385146742
Because it's a lot of work.
Also, apparently they don't like idea of players being able to easily exchange items, don't ask me why.
>>
>>385144930
The lack of the restricts enacted by an auctionhouse encourages what amounts to scamming.

RMTers and other unscruptulous groups of players will buy up all the items of a specific type so they have a monopoly on them and can freely gouge. People will also list items at low prices so that other people will list them at similarly low prices but never sell, just buy up all the items that anyone lists low and resell them at three times the price.

This kind of practice would be illegal in real life, but GGG doesn't want to do anything about it because it wouldn't make them any money, it would only make their game more enjoyable.

Players also rely on third party software in order to trade. Poe.trade to search all listed items on the forums, Acquisition to list your items. There's no real excuse for GGG not making their own official version except that that don't want to put the work in. Relying on unofficial third party software leaves players vulnerable, since for instance whoever runs acquisition or poe.trade could just change things in a way that benefits themselves subtlely.

It's a matter of GGG saying 'that's good enough so what do we care' rather than trying to improve their game.
>>
File: 1e2d6ced_o[1].png (101KB, 1780x475px) Image search: [Google]
1e2d6ced_o[1].png
101KB, 1780x475px
>>385146556
>Like, is this a fun thing to do? I realize that in PoE it's much harder to get GG gear as BiS items are rares and not hard-coded uniques as in D2 but like, basically to be the ARPG genre is literally just grinding as fast as humanly possible. The only thing that matters is going fast and doing AoEing mobs down as fast as possible. That's it. That's the game. Why do you do it? So you can get better gear to AoE some more stuff. Is there something I'm missing or is this just something that people like?

yep, that's it. it gets boring extremely quickly because it's utterly pointless.
POE found a really good way around this problem with the challenge leagues - basically a ladder reset every 3 months, each with a new unique game mechanic, a ton of new challenges to complete (if you complete enough of them you get some cool cosmetic rewards on your account) and a fresh economy. if the game was just standard, it would already have died long ago.
>>
>>385147202
>they don't like idea of players being able to easily exchange items, don't ask me why.
The easier it is to exchange items, the less they have to sit in your stash on average.
The less items meant for trade sit in your stash, the less stash space you need.
The less stash space you need, the less likely you are to buy premium stash tabs.

It's all about Jewing people, it's always like that.
>>
I haven't played since masters update. They seem to have added a lot of shit since then, labyrinths and sub classes and all. I'll probably play it. How was the beta if anyone here played it?
>>
>>385147202
rmt
>>
>>385147316
Yeah I know about the leagues. I think that the fact that the game that has to reset everyone down to ground zero every 90 days is kind of telling of the game itself, is it not? If the game didn't reset at all, then I doubt that people would want to play the game all that much. You would have enough power to defeat all of the PvE enemies in the game, and then it'd be over.
>>
>>385146742
This. I would play this game if they did this and I'm not going to play this game until they do.
>>
>>385147305
>RMTers and other unscruptulous groups of players will buy up all the items of a specific type so they have a monopoly on them and can freely gouge.
Full blown AH makes this even easier.

> People will also list items at low prices so that other people will list them at similarly low prices but never sell, just buy up all the items that anyone lists low and resell them at three times the price.
Sucks for noobs I guess, but so does the rest of the game. Just read a guide on trading, like everything else.
>>
>>385143620
Devs themselves said that doing something like an ingame auction house is (it objectively is) pants on head retarded. It would crash the value of the items and the game itself. They are going to improve it but not in the way you think or want.
>>
>>385147751
>Full blown AH makes this even easier.
No it doesn't.
>>
>tfw the promised raise spectre revamp has been pushed back yet again
t-thanks, I guess I'll just be over here enjoying these faggy golems or goddamn floating skulls for yet another league...
>>
>>385146742
>Why can't they just put poe.trade into the game and give players the option to directly
they're too lazy probably

>and give players the option to directly buy an item from another player's stash
never.
that would completely eliminate all pretense of player interaction from the trading.

more importantly, it would also make selling large amounts of items EXTREMELY convenient and efficient, and it would make buying whatever you want super fast and easy, too. flipping things to make a profit would become a much more viable option to make money, too.
basically, trading would become even MORE overpowered than it already is, and GGG does not want that, because they would then have to adjust the game's difficulty and drop rates to the new economy to keep things roughly as they are now.
>>
>>385147779
Strawman. That isn't what we are asking for. >>385146742
>>
>>385147917
I don't want to interact with other players to trade. It's a gigantic time sink.
>>
God I wish the bis items were still rares instead of gimmicky leggos.

I don't mind how trading works though, and I've never had any really unpleasant experiences with it. Everything people ITT are whining about are only real problems in Standard and playing Standard is just a straight up mistake.

I'll play some of the new skills this league but the lategame rework updates are always more interesting than the pre-endgame ones. I'm getting real bored of the current state of the tree and I'd love it if they would go back to changing the shit out of it every other patch like in beta.
>>
>>385147889
??? Buying everything via click vs manually doing the whole hideout dance is supposed to make taking control of supply?
>>
>>385147665
yep, that's it. there is a league (called "standard") that never resets. nobody plays there because theres no point.
>>
>>385148159
*harder
>>
>>385144930
People are manipulating the 3rd party trade tools that players use to manipulate the price of items by artifically listing items at low prices with no actual intent to sell them, and then instantly buying anyone who does actually list things at these prices. You know how people trade stocks with PCs using algorithmic computer trading to make money? People are already doing this in PoE, although to a lesser degree. Because items aren't actually being listed on an AH, they have zero risk of losing their items and can manipulate the price of things.

It's just like real life, you literally cannot win the game because like 0.1% of the population are playing by different rules.
>>
>>385147202
are you retarded? do you know what ease of access would do to the economy?
imagine if storage costs, transport costs suddenly didn't exist in real life. everyone got everything teleported to them instantly the moment they wanted it. Absolutely everything would crash in value.
>>
>>385148131
>I don't want to interact with other players to trade. It's a gigantic time sink.
that is literally the point. if that time sink was removed, trading would be more powerful, people would acquire items and currency even faster, and the whole economy would change as a result. GGG doesnt want that, they want trading to have downsides in order to keep it from being overpowered.
>>
>>385146556
The endgame has some degree of direction now with the Atlas. Getting through the guardians and then shaper is actually hard unless you're playing cheesy flavor of the month builds. The problem is that getting there is harder than the actual maps and bosses because the map drop system is fucking retarded and even 8 mod dangerous as fuck maps will give you fuckall for returns.
>>
>>385148463
Yeah, just like everything crashed in value when people invented trains and freight ships. Kys
>>
>>385147665
It's not that it has to reset, it's that everyone wants resets.
>>
>>385148509
>The problem is that getting there is harder than the actual maps and bosses because the map drop system is fucking retarded and even 8 mod dangerous as fuck maps will give you fuckall for returns.

just trade for maps bro :^)
>>
>>385148313
But I like this aspect. When I fuck up and list something too low, a pack of vultures instantly spams me with messages to kindly let me know I screwed up. It's awesome.
>>
>>385145885
>kicks out of party
>blocks
>>
>>385148617
Yeah but the point is that the reason people want it to reset is because the entire point of the game is actually to grind, once you're done grinding the game is over, you don't actually get to do anything with the stuff you've grinded except grind some more. That's why it has to reset, so there is more stuff to grind
>>
>>385148612
are you retarded?
do you not realize the extreme decline in value of goods that has been the result of technology making transportation faster and cheaper?
>>
The problem is that the developers are determined to mandate bartering as the in-game system of trade.

Bartering only worked when it existed because no more sophisticated methods of trade existed at the time when bartering took place. But now there are more sophisticated methods of trade and by mandating the game use bartering as a means of trading items in the game, the developers are only forcing players to use 3rd party software to compensate for the developers having their head up their ass.

Nobody has time to barter. It's a gigantic waste of time and the only reason the developers insist it take place is because they believe it will force their player base to socialize and are in denial about the fact that it doesn't.
>>
File: carlie.jpg (359KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
carlie.jpg
359KB, 1024x1024px
Back at launch I got a chance to talk with Chris Wilson (the guy that runs the company) personally. We discussed PoE, mechanics, d2, blizzard, and his design philosophy, and I learned his favorite class.

AMA
>>
>>385148785
that's the ARPG genre. you grind for gear, then use that gear to get better at grinding, then you grind for more gear, then use more gear to get even better at grinding, then you do it all again.
>>
File: whisperingicestaff[1].jpg (92KB, 439x571px) Image search: [Google]
whisperingicestaff[1].jpg
92KB, 439x571px
RIP
>>
>>385148903
Where does he sleep at night?
>>
if you don't play self-found HC get the fuck out of my face. all that currency can be used to make your own shit, so who cares about trading you fucking autist.

now the real problem with the game is they forgot to make the gameplay fun. all the graphics/VA/atmosphere/mechanics etc are great, sure. but the skill gems are all fucking boring.
>>
File: backtoreddit.jpg (435KB, 717x880px) Image search: [Google]
backtoreddit.jpg
435KB, 717x880px
>>385148903
>AMA
>>
>>385148891
>he only reason the developers insist it take place is because they believe it will force their player base to socialize

no. they insist on it because they want to avoid the complications that instantaneous and automated trading would bring to the in-game economy.
>>
>>385148785
Don't be retarded.
>>
File: 1487473701784.gif (1MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1487473701784.gif
1MB, 360x270px
>>385148612
here's an easy to digest example for a bird brain like you
>auction house is introduced
>items that previously only retained some value because people didn't feel like spending time selling them and were instead destroyed can now be dumped into the stash for a minimal price and forgotten about forever
>literally everyone does this because there's zero reason not to
>item is now worthless
>>
File: 1493678209113.jpg (13KB, 231x176px) Image search: [Google]
1493678209113.jpg
13KB, 231x176px
>>385148982
Yeah, and the entire point is that the entire ARPG genre is irredeemably shit,
>>
>>385149134
GGG developer detected

>damage control
>>
>>385148992
What did they change?
>>
>>385149180
but some people like grinding
>>
>>385149159
Nothing wrong with cheap items
>>
>>385149134
instantaneous and automated trading do not bring unmanageable complications to an economy.
>>
>>385149159
Oh no! You have to sell your 1c helmet for alch now, what a tragedy.
Or you could you know, git gud.
>>
>>385149259
Some people also like going to gay bars, going to the bathrooms, laying down in the open urinals and asking people to piss on them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troughman

Does liking such a thing mean that it's not shit?
>>
>>385149248
they nerfed ES
>>
>>385149134
Eve Online has instantaneous and automated trading and that game economy is thriving. The real problem here is that Chris Wilson doesn't understand economics and he has surrounded himself with yes men too chickenshit to bring his ignorance of economics to his attention.
>>
>>385149548
ES was broken.
>>
>>385149797
WI wasnt broken though
>>
>>385149409
they make trading easier, reduce transaction costs (in the form of time) massively, enable high-volume flipping for profit, ...

>>385149681
eves (like many other games) was designed around such a trade system from the beginning, POE was not.
>>
>>385149429
There is no objective shit. Whether something is shit or not is completely subjective.
>>
File: captain obvious.jpg (59KB, 490x490px) Image search: [Google]
captain obvious.jpg
59KB, 490x490px
>>385150161
>>
File: aaaa.png (65KB, 283x126px) Image search: [Google]
aaaa.png
65KB, 283x126px
>>385143620

/v/ :clap: normies :clap: and :clap: weebs :clap: stay :clap: away :clap: from :clap: my :clap: gamefu :clap:
>>
>>385149836
Maybe now that you don't double dip on converting it to fire and casting it off scorching ray it's not broken enough for how the game is now.

If WI does reasonable damage it'll always be good in hardcore where the ground ice is super valuable.
>>
>>385150212
Not true. It would be tough to argue that there would be any upside in not having any arms, or eyes, or ears. Having those things is objectively better then not having them.

In this manner you can judge things objectively as to whether they are shit or not. And trust me, AoE-speed-clear-flash-farm-grinding the game is indeed objectivly shit.
>>
>>385150401
>implying 90% of that time wasn't sitting around waiting for players to respond to your whispers
>>
>>385150401
If it were your gamefu, you would play it through standalone client.
>>
File: 795.png (404KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
795.png
404KB, 853x480px
>>385150401
Oh, look out, I'm coming to your gamefu!
>>
>>385150502
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apotemnophilia
>>
>>385150420
it does reasonable damage but now you have to put more points into ES instead of stacking INT so you dont get 1 shot by everything since you have to stand still to cast and VP doesnt work with ES anymore

ill still play it anyway since its my favorite build
>>
>>385150636
I switched to the steam client on one of the many occasions the standalone client was slow as fuck to patch.
>>
>>385150401
I always love the folks on /v/ that aggressively talk shut on poe in unrelated threads and then go on to praise Grim Dawn or even D3. Please continue eating shit, I'll continue to enjoy one of the only decent game communities left in 2017.
>>
File: asdfvasdfasdfg3.png (92KB, 646x640px) Image search: [Google]
asdfvasdfasdfg3.png
92KB, 646x640px
>>385143620
Since you haven't played in a while, you might have missed an update to trading. Get a premium tab, set it as public then set the items at whatever price you want.

The items are then up on poe.trade for anyone to look at.

The trade system is totally fine and not a total whore because you dont have to scour through endless trade channels.

>I cant afford a premium tab
Ok, then you deserve to use the shit trade feature.

Trade is insanely easy and not a bot-whorefest that was D3 during the AH days.

The trade itself is easy, just copy-paste. My only complaint is with poe.trade. It should have a filter for the amount of time an item has been listed. Most that have been listed for over a week are people who are never getting back on. I would love to be able to filter it down to just X days/ hours since the item was posted.
>>
>>385151016
Do I still have to whisper another player, wait for that player to respond to my whisper and then go to that player to buy an item from them?
>>
File: unf.png (59KB, 635x199px) Image search: [Google]
unf.png
59KB, 635x199px
>>385150401
>>
>>385151152
Yes.

Its annoying when people aren't there.

Its good because it is some level of a deterrent against botting.
>>
>>385150420
wait what? maybe I'm retarded, I never played WI, but double dip changes should have no effect on SR cwc, because it's does not rely on ignite, unless you were using emberwake.
>>
>>385151331
>Yes.

Then I'm not playing it.
>>
>>385150734
Not everyone gets an equal vote in determining what's shit and what isn't shit. People who are fucked in the head's votes literally do not matter. Not all opinions are equal. No one cares what the pope knows about sending a rocketship to mars. No one cares what people with that disorder know about what is or isn't objectively shit.
>>
>>385151152
You still whisper six guys and buy it from the first person to get back to you, yes.

Luckily the itemisation in this game has gone to shit so you're just buying copies of uniques from whoever has them instead of actually specific items 90% of the time.
>>
>>385151431
@anon Hi, I would like to buy your Reach of the Council Spine Bow listed for 95 chaos in Legacy (stash tab "shop2"; position: left 1, top 8)

It aint hard nigga.

There's also a self-found mode for faggots like you.
>>
>>385151545
>People who are fucked in the head's votes literally do not matter.

They do not matter to you.
>ftfy
>>
File: 321312.png (83KB, 591x65px) Image search: [Google]
321312.png
83KB, 591x65px
>>385150982
ikr this board is only good for circlejerking trans boypucci JRPGs and flavor of the month + paid shills

>>385151216

my man!
>>
>>385151382
they nerfed pyre from 100% to 40% conversion
>>
>>385151564
Your game sucks
>>
>>385151714
Your waifu sucks
>>
TRIPLE SLAMMIN DONGERS
>>
>>385151616
They do not matter when it comes down to figuring out what is shit and what is not shit. Just like how the illiterate don't matter when it comes to figuring out what the best books are. This is a simple concept that you seem to have a really hard time understanding. Or maybe you just don't want to admit that it's possible to say that something is indeed objectively shit. (Hint: it is)
>>
>>385151564
You left out about 9 steps. The fact of the matter is that when you decide that you want to replace the gear you're wearing, it will take you about 2-4 hours to replace it. Then you level for an hour or two and then you need to replace your gear again.

You'll spend more time trying to get people to trade with you than you will actually fighting monsters.
>>
>>385151915
>can't into comprehending what subjective means

there is no such thing as objective truth. Everything you believe is objective truth is only objectively true to you, subjectively.
>>
>>385152059
>dude how can ANYONE know anything about anything like what if we're all just on a snowflake in some other universe *hits bong*

yeah you lose. GG no re
>>
>>385143763
Just spend 2 bucks on a premium tab and use poe trade
>>
>>385151916
After farming and trading for a head hunter I decided to play SSF.
>>
>>385151916
Are you trading while leveling?

Get to 70 then get good gear.

Spam 50 whispers then just map.

Yall some casual pussies
>>
>>385151916
Are you a Blizzard shill or something? I just run with whatever I find until maps, then buy some <5c shit and farm till engame stuff.
>>
>>385151916
for me it's about 40% trading and 60% leveling.
>>
>>385150401
>>385151216
>PoE on Steam
I knew /v/ was retarded, but this is too much...
>>
>>385152342
What's your problem with PoE on Steam?
>>
>>385152271
No, I'm not a Blizzard shill. But if I was, I would lie about not being a Blizzard shill, wouldn't I? So you see, your question is extremely fucking retarded.
>>
Is the end game still idling at home base waiting for trade PMs?
>>
>>385152560
The fact that you responded to an offhand remark, which only purpose was to punctuacte how fucking retarded was the shit you wrote, just convinced me that you are, in fact, a Blizzard shill.
>>
>>385152194
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN-yLH4bXAI
>>
>>385152857
Fuck you
>>
>>385152762
the end game is running nothing but shaped strand and shaped mesa until you get carpal tunnel and deep vein thrombosis
>>
>>385152978
gg
>walks off in victory dance
>>
>>385152807
>which only purpose was to punctuacte how fucking retarded was the shit you wrote
>how fucking retarded was the shit you wrote
>>
File: 1477540712454.jpg (22KB, 429x451px) Image search: [Google]
1477540712454.jpg
22KB, 429x451px
>My build is dead in 3.0

What's her name /v/?
>>
>>385153393
Flame Sentinels.
>>
>>385153393
whispering ice ;_;
>>
>>385153393
More like the build you copied from forums is dead.
>>
>>385153595
That might be true, but I loved the gutterslut anyways
>>
>>385153393
Vortex ignite.
>>
>download game
>finish all acts
>every piece of armor looks like shit
>check out the shop
>$30 costumes

Holy fucking shit.
>>
>>385154192
>free game
>>
>>385153393
CwC Chaostorm.
>>
>>385154192
just play a build with unique armor that looks good
>>
>>385153393
Mine's not. :^)
>>
>>385155027
Fuck you totem nigger.
>>
File: Untitled.png (258KB, 310x351px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
258KB, 310x351px
>>385155061
Wrong. Here's a hint.
>>
File: 1498002848962.png (70KB, 852x944px) Image search: [Google]
1498002848962.png
70KB, 852x944px
Will 3.0 still have the atlas and shaper? I'm kind of worried that if I don't finish up end game I won't ever get to play it.
>>
>>385155761
Yes, but the layout of some maps may change. They have not released full details on this yet, mentally deficient frogwizard.
>>
>>385155761
Yea, they dont remove shit. Only thing that is going away is Legacy Gear lottery
>>
Bosses in this game are really fucking hard man. This Malachai keeps 1 shotting me no matter what.
>>
>>385155761
shaper will always be in the game

same with lab
>>
>>385146907
>The game is supposed to be centered around bartering

>Offer?
>Give offer
>low ball noob fuck off ignored

bullshit barter mechanics
>>
>>385150401
>>385151216
I only have 1k hours ;_; Am I still worthy?
>>
>>385156464
>Go to poe.trade
>copy paste
>guy sends invite
>trade
>leave

What are you idiots doing? I trade with Ruskies all day who cant or wont speak english but it works fine
>>
>>385156148
Resistances in this game is the most valuable thing you can get. Malachai in particular has mostly phys/fire damage, the tentacles deal cold though.

If you're playing this for the first time I greatly recommend focusing on capping your resistances (75%) and getting life.

A seething flask (instant heal) is also very nice to have. You can roll one with alteration/auguments, or settle for a bubbling if you get one before.
>>
>>385153393
RF Chieftain
>>
>>385156148

you can skip malachai on merciless and go straight to farming if you didn't already know.
>>
>>385156791
They're gonna be even more important whenever 3.0 hits, from my time in the beta I was at about 50% fire res, the stacking ignites from the totems were making me take over 3k damage a second, resistance is gonna be super fucking important for the new acts.
>>
>>385156778
>go to poe.trade
>search for item with the stats I need
>see what is available
>search wiki to see what the base of each item is
>finally decide which item on poe.trade I want
>copy to clip board
>tab into the game, press enter and control v
>wait.
>wait some more
>no reply
>Press control v again
>wait.
>wait some more
>sigh.
>alt tab out of the game
>search poe.trade for next best item
>copy to clipboard
>tab into game
>press control v
>wait.
>wait some more.
>go make hot pockets
>come back
>still no reply
>tab out, go to poe.trade and select third best item to clipboard
>tab into game
>press control v
>wait.
>wait some more.

How is this fun?
>>
>>385153393
It was killed in Legacy.
Self-cast Pyre Vortex.
>>
>>385146384

Thats true for every first character you play in a new league. But when you start getting good uniques when you're mapping, even when those uniques don't fit your current character you can start thinking how you can utilize this unique with your next character.
>>
>>385153393
It's been dead for a while.
WORMBLASTER
>>
>PoE thread
>Immediately devolves into autistic children whining about everything under the sun

Guess I'll just return to Reddit. :^)
>>
>>385157427
it isn't.
>>
>>385157427
>not spamming everyone with a similar item and just running maps while waiting

How did you manage to install PoE?
>>
>>385157472
You can just use three dragons or those gloves. It's even better, because it works with EE.
>>
>>385157589
Buy a Kitava Supporter Pack while you're at it. That'll really stick it to us!
>>
>>385157589

please do
>>
>>385157660
I've never done a single map. According to steam, I've spent over 1000 hours playing PoE. I've spent about 80% of that time alt-tabbed out of the game looking at poe.trade and the wiki.
>>
>>385146556

>Like, is this a fun thing to do? I realize that in PoE it's much harder to get GG gear as BiS items are rares and not hard-coded uniques as in D2 but like, basically to be the ARPG genre is literally just grinding as fast as humanly possible. The only thing that matters is going fast and doing AoEing mobs down as fast as possible. That's it. That's the game. Why do you do it? So you can get better gear to AoE some more stuff. Is there something I'm missing or is this just something that people like?

I play Solo Self-Found Hardcore and I try to figure out new experimental builds all the time. For me the enjoyment comes out from figuring out a viable build by myself with some new crazy way of clearing the content. Finding the best build online and just playing that is boring in comparison.

Some ideas are better than others and some of them fail. But then I can later try the idea again with some changes and tweaks. The fact that it is hard and you don't always succeed is what makes it interesting in the first place.
>>
>>385157589
And stay there.
>>
Will poe 3.0 beat botw as goty?
>>
>>385158136
Breath of the Wild was already beat by a team of Australians.
>>
>>385157660
new players update their items from trade every 10 levels. They look for four socket items at level 20 and blow all their currency on two pieces of gear that is obsolete two hours later. Then, they grind the same area until they are severely overleveled looking for currency to buy new gear, but the gear has to be perfect. 4 sockets, the right color and the right stats. After level 60, they're frustrated and mad and then they quit.
>>
>>385158248
I refuse to believe this.
>>
why does it keep getting content? is it really that good?
>>
>>385158389
You must work for GGG then.
>>
>>385157928
You are autistic and that's not an insult, just a statement
>>
File: AWYatnZ.png (138KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
AWYatnZ.png
138KB, 500x333px
>>385158248
holy shit you are right

>>385157928
>>
>>385158248
New players don't use poe.trade period.
>>
>>385158842
yes they do. I new about poe.trade before I installed the game.
>>
>>385157928

>I've never done a single map.

Then why are you worrying about trading? You can easily clear the game's content up to that point without trading.
>>
>>385158248
yeah I always make a sell tab with leveling gear.
>>
>>385158906
>You can easily clear the game's content up to that point without trading.

bullshit. I have every item wit four sockets, support gems for my zombies and I still died to Dominus and Piety even though I was 8 levels overleveled.
>>
>>385158905
That means you did research before playing and surely didn't grind to buy 20 lvl gear and then quit, right?
>>
I played marvel heroes when it wasn't a console game, is poe any good familias? can I get a quick rundown?
>>
File: 1393425512458.jpg (112KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1393425512458.jpg
112KB, 800x600px
>>385159047
>zombies
>>
>>385158248
I can confirm this. I make a lot of money off of these idiots.
>>
>>385159047
use summon raging spirits. zombies are just there as a meat shield
>>
>>385159047
Poe is not balanced and never will be, you chose a bad leveling skill and thus had to suck some dick, no big deal.
>>
>>385159083
I learned of PoE existing in a thread on /v/ and installed it while reading the thread. It wasn't possible to not be aware of the existence of poe.trade having learned of PoE existing in a thread on /v/.
>>
>>385159047
switch to SRS
>>
>>385159047
>died to Dominus
Is it 2013 again?
>>
File: kek.jpg (181KB, 697x1169px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
181KB, 697x1169px
>>385159047

>bullshit. I have every item wit four sockets, support gems for my zombies and I still died to Dominus and Piety even though I was 8 levels overleveled.

1000 hours on PoE and you still die to Dominus and Piety?

Here's a hint for Merciless difficulty: By the time you're level 68-70, you should have at least 4000 health or ES and resistances better be capped. If they're not, your build sucks.
>>
>>385159386
don't even pretend like you didn't die to him the first time you fought him.
>>
>>385159468
Yeah, but only because the game desynced back then. Since the game actually works now, I never died a single time to a boss, whose only source of damage is a big slam.
>>
>>385159457
>By the time you're level 68-70, you should have at least 4000 health

And how do you do that from just using the gear you find while you're playing?
>>
>>385159457
He didn't spend 1000 hours playing. He spent 200 hours playing and 800 hours reading.
>>
>>385159347
And what percent of new players learn about poe from 4chan? You're the minority, friend.
>>
>>385159786
You pick only life nodes while leveling. Also, now that there are essences and masters, it's not even hard to get decent life gear.
>>
>>385159728
>Rain of Blood
>new players, no bleed resist, every time.
>>
>>385159786

You can do that with self-found gear, and building your passive tree right.

Health- and ES nodes> damage-nodes> Armor-evasion rating nodes> utility nodes. 4000 is the minimum required, its the amount that prevents you from getting instakilled by most abilities.
>>
>>385159457
Oh boy nice job suggesting he spends more time trading for useless shit before maps. Both those things are literally just gear and not your build.

All you need to do is use skills that stand on their own without gear, like SRS if you're making a summoner and use decoy totems to make literally everything pre-endgame safe. Life and resists do wonders for helping you survive when you take damage but you don't really need to take damage until way later.
>>
>>385158248
I don't understand what's wrong with any of that
>>
File: Unique Visitors.jpg (52KB, 472x328px) Image search: [Google]
Unique Visitors.jpg
52KB, 472x328px
>>385159992
You seem to believe this place is some super sekret klub
>it isn't.

http://www.4chan.org/advertise
>>
>>385160204
>blowing all of your currency on two items that are obsolete 2 hours later.
>>
Did they ever put out some qol fixes for spectres? My best build was a necromancer with zombies and fireball ribbon spectres.
>>
>>385160204
You don't actually need to stop and consider your gear and shop for replacements until maps. You're literally just wasting time and money by doing it.
>>
>>385160260
Jesus. When the fuck did this place become mainstream?
>>
>>385160260
>30% female

Why are women so afraid of this place?
>>
>>385160448
You're only saying that because you're familiar with the game. A new player has no idea what to expect in the next area and so they want to get the best gear they can get in the hope of being prepared for it. The act of being prepared for the unknown can be a huge distraction that leads to hours of searching poe.trade for gear and discovering the existence gear and then reading about that gear in the wiki.
>>
>>385160260
holy hell. This place might as well be reddit.

I need to find a new place to discuss vidya. This place is too plebeian now.
>>
>>385160204

Because you don't need to trade before things actually start getting difficult. And things actually start getting tough in maps.

Bare in mind next expansion might change that, nobody has any clue how tough the last Acts are going to be. But right now you can clear Normal, Cruel and 90% of Merciless with whatever gear you found. That remaining 10% you can clear after you've leveled yourself to 80 by doing maps.
>>
>>385160260
I didn't know poe general was all of 4chan, you dumb fuck.
>>
>>385161092
>Page impressions per month: 703,000,000
>>
>>385160778

>A new player has no idea what to expect in the next area

A player with 1000 hours on PoE isn't new anymore. Doing newbie mistakes by that point hints that the player has refused to learn the game and wants the trading system to play his game for him.

Why do you think everyone is excited about the new PoE expansion? Because it offers new content in the middle of leveling and people have to learn new things again. And learning new things involves a lot of failure and trying again. Thats the fucking point of playing games.
>>
>>385160778
OR they just go on playing the game without googling or poe.trading or whatever.
>>
>>385160778
poe.trade is not even officially part of the game.
If you are using out of game resources such as poe.trade and wiki, you should also read up on how and when to actually use them.
I.e. people wasting their time buying trash items have only their stupidity to blame. It's hard not to notice that the game is easy as shit until late mercilless/maps.
>>
>>385161168
Are you retarded? Those stats are for the whole 4chan site.
>>
>>385160701
It's an anonymous imageboard.
No pics, no attention.
>>
>>385160778
My approach has always been to stop and prepare only once you are proven unprepared and you have some idea of what to prepare for.
>>
>people falling for the PoE meme

it's a shit game, head over to /poeg/ to find out HOW SHIT

if a shitty game correlates to a shitty general then my god you'll find /poeg/ is one of the shittiest generals in /vg/
>>
game is similar too warframe in that the only thing left to do is grind for shitty loot on shitty drop rates
>>
>>385162974
This is a bad metric because every general is pure shit while there are some decent games.
>>
>>385163109
every general you visit is shit maybe, get some better taste fag
>>
>>385161445
Are you retarded? Divide those stats by the number of boards on 4chan and that's still MILLIONS of people viewing /v/ each year.
>>
>>385163282
>thinks there are decent vidya generals
>thinks poe is shit
There is definitely a connection here.
>>
>>385162719

Then good news for you, you don't need to use the trading system to beat every aspect of the game. You can beat the Shaper with good enough build and enough grinding. It is difficult but possible.

Do yourself a favor and next time click that "Solo Self-Found"-league button when you start a new character. Now you can't trade even if you want to. Now that you can't rely on a crutch, you can finally start learning how to properly walk. Play the Softcore first if you're new to the content so you can scout ahead for potential tough bosses or areas before playing Hardcore mode.
>>
>>385163519
and that's assuming that everybody goes to each board evenly. I seriously doubt that /n/ gets as many views as /v/.
>>
I wish trading didn't exist and rare finds meant something. Buying rare shit off people sucks. Theres nothing to it.
>>
File: benis.jpg (8KB, 255x60px) Image search: [Google]
benis.jpg
8KB, 255x60px
>>385150982
There's nothing wrong with trying other ARPGs after being done with the current league, though. I always go back to PoE, but still.
>>
>>385162974
poeg is one of the better generals on /vg/

because its so dead
>>
>>385164192
>no trading
>99% of dropped rares are worthless to you
>>
>>385164192
PoE has a self-found only mode, right?
>>
>>385164384

Build your next character with the uniques you have in mind. There, problem solved.
>>
>>385163843
You're really fucking autistic aren't you? I've been playing since closed beta.
>>
File: lol.png (755KB, 765x439px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
755KB, 765x439px
whats the rarest drop you've ever had?
>>
>>385164653
>uniques you have in mind
>99.9% of dropped uniques are trash and chance you will find a unique you want is absolutely rare as fuck
>>
>>385157583
Wormblaster was never a build by itself, it's an engine for builds.
>>
>>385164730
I've had the offering and last one standing (shavs and atziris disfavour)
>>
>>385164192
Play solo SF. Tons of people get to shaped maps on budget builds so if you can't do it, it's you, not the game.
>>
>>385164730
The Brittle Emperor card

after close to 1200 hours.

lol
>>
>>385164750

>and chance you will find a unique you want is absolutely rare as fuck

It if wouldn't be rare it wouldn't be valuable. Play Diablo 3 if you want to find easy uniques. Because thats fucking fun right? That each character plays the exact same way every single time.
>>
>>385164730
two mirrors from the same chest.
>>
>>385165046
why would people play the exact same way every single time?
>>
>>385164730
Abberath's, in Cells. Started running it more since then.
>>
>>385165068
bullshit.
>>
>>385165120

I don't know, ask D3 players why they enjoy it.
>>
>>385164730
fishing rod
>>
>>385164730
A Kaom's Heart.
>>
>>385162974
If it wasn't for the moba and mobile game generals then /poeg/ would absolutely be the worst general on /vg/.
>>
what loot filters do you guys use? whats the best or are they all good in their own way ?
>>
>>385164730
ive played every league / long race since 2011 and i dropped shavs once, it was at the end of a league though so it was basically useless
>>
>tradefags
>not playing self found from the start
>not leveling as RF
I've got a ridiculous amount of hours and never beat merciless. Had fun though, just gotta stop till the next league when I run out of alts for dousing flasks.
>>
>>385166706
i had two during breach
>>
>>385166760

>I've got a ridiculous amount of hours and never beat merciless.

Wait, you mean main content or do you count maps as "merciless" too?
>>
>>385166459
The best filter is the one tailored specifically for you. If you're lazy then Neversink's is pretty good and isn't filled with eye cancer.
>>
>>385167186
I mean I fell in love with righteous fire at the start and now I have 1022 hours and I have never beat every act on merc. I'm not counting when I did it SC once.
>>
>>385167257
sweet as, cheers.
>>
>>385167443
what the fuck are you even doing then?

Do you have downs syndrome or something?
>>
>>385167443

Theres no real point beating Merciless Malachai anyway. Doing the first two missions in Act 4 and then mapping is the way everyone goes. Then when you have mapped yourself to level 80, you can just steamroll the rest of the Act 4 if you want to beat Merciless Malachai just for fun.
>>
File: 1465524693577.jpg (10KB, 228x223px) Image search: [Google]
1465524693577.jpg
10KB, 228x223px
>>385153393
Poison bladefall trap.
>>
>>385167586
I guess I suck and play on potato. Have you ever leveled RF from 18?
>>
>>385143620
I like this game, but have absolutely no interest in spending my time to get into trading with local jews, which seems to be the only way to proper gear for high tier maps. Although still going to check out new acts.
>>
>>385164730
I've gotten 7exs to drop over a time period of around 15,000 hours. That's literally all. My luck is so shit, I have to rely on grinding and selling tons of low tier shit, I get almost no big money items ever, the best I can usually hope for is a tabula dropping or something like that, or farm prophecies and pray for a good one to resell like twice enchanted. Whoever says luck isn't a skill is a fucking retard, luck is real and my luck stat is 0 both in real life and in video games, and it feels real bad man.
>>
>>385168361
your situation is literally impossible if you would just play a meta build
>>
>>385168471
I have played meta builds and have 3 level 100s and dozens of 90+s.
>>
File: 1252417382149.jpg (28KB, 336x322px) Image search: [Google]
1252417382149.jpg
28KB, 336x322px
>>385168361
>I've gotten 7exs to drop over a time period of around 15,000 hours.
Nigga thats just fucking bullshit even if you divide the amount of hours by 10.
>>
>>385168281
depends on your definition of proper gear
you can kill shaper with 2 ex gear, it's just that those builds are rather vanilla
basically it goes like this:
-it's good
-it's cheap
-it's fun
You can only have two of these.
>>
Turmoil is boring compared to Mayhem.
>>
>>385168563
been playing since 2012, most leagues not casually, either. I am now a 30+ with no job and absolutely nothing but spare time, reaching numbers like that is not any achievement.
>>
>>385168734
the funniest thing is they give beta keys as a prize even though the beta ends in about a week
>>
>>385168734
They had to tone it down because it isn't voided and everything in it will end up in standard, but then again who the fuck gives a shit about standard? Its economy will always be terrible.
>>
>>385168281

You can beat all the content with good enough build and semi-decent gear. Problem with Solo Self-Found just is that it takes much longer to do so. But if you're fine with that and content with the fact you beat it all in the first place, then that shouldn't be an issue.
>>
https://youtu.be/9_bZ_dFSST8

New boss promo. GGG seems to have a thing for chicks with multiple arms.
>>
>>385164730
Void Battery.
I've gotten shavs and kaoms but only Void Battery once and at the time people had forgotten it was a good item so it was worth something like 20c.
>>
>>385168757
15k hours and only 7 ex? U must be an over exaggerating piecr of shit.
>>
>>385169634
>2 Mana Flasks on a setup that doesn't even remotely need 1
>Act 9, well after getting access to plenty of Flask rewards
>Whichever Reactionary Gem that is + Curse on hit Warlord's Mark
>Doing so little damage means she either has a ton of HP or they're using a Mace from Act 5
>>
Problem with trading is not the trade mechanics but the people. Really shitty people is almost always the issue with every game.
>>
>>385153393

CI
>>
>>385143620
Is melee still going to be vastly outclassed by ranged and spell builds?
>>
>>385168361
I'm guessing ya don't run lab? It's ensured aids but if ya run full keys all day you'll get currency back, perhaps not directly but in skill gems.
>>
>>385169634
>boss gimmick
>stay out of the tornados
>kills adds
I mean... I guess it's a boss, but that's pretty underwhelming, requires almost 0 skill to stay out of the GIANT MURDERING TORNADOS MUAHAHAHAHA, and kill shit as usual, meh act 2 boss has more going on than this thing.
>>
>>385170086

>Doing so little damage means she either has a ton of HP or they're using a Mace from Act 5

Judging from past boss promo videos, its the latter option.
>>
>>385169634
>no golem
y tho
>>
File: 1459713520296.jpg (65KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1459713520296.jpg
65KB, 768x1024px
>Love trap builds
>New trap related unique chest is announced
>Its fucking shit because it conflicts with mechanics that are in 90% of trap builds
GGG really needs to start playing their fucking game.
>>
>>385170739
>As long as you can keep tossing traps at enemies, Tinkerskin provides powerful recovery mechanisms... and the increased cooldown recovery means you'll always have a trap ready to go.
>Ahn's Herritage
>Ahn's Might works particularly well with Cyclone
Nothing excuses this level of retardation from a community manager.
>Speaker's Wreath
And this reeks of the development hell they put Support Uniques through.
>>
File: HelpPanel.jpg (424KB, 1436x919px) Image search: [Google]
HelpPanel.jpg
424KB, 1436x919px
It seems newfags will be getting some help.
>>
>>385171205
Wreath actually doesn't look bad for an MF build as long as you don't use SRS...which are the strongest summons, unfortunately.
>>
>>385171205
>Nothing excuses this level of retardation from a community manager.
Do you seriously think community managers actually play games they work with?
>>
>>385171243
I find it funny nothing in that text mentions the original phrase of Divination Cards being a way to grind out something specific you want.
Since their drop rates are awful.
>>
>>385171538
they nerfed divination card boxes a couple times as well, never see them anymore
>>
>>385171538
They're great for getting tabulas.
>>
>>385171505
No of course not, but I expect them to know enough not to make stupid statements and to at least understand the concept of statistical matching.
>Something makes Movement Skills worse
>Cyclone is a Movement Skill
>Thus, this item doesn't work well with Cyclone
And the other 2 aren't even game mechanics, they're spelling and grammar errors. Hell, Tinkerskin has 0 bonuses when you throw a trap.
>>
>>385170283
absolutely

>>385170180
people could be avoided if there was an auction house - also stops price manipulation and hardcore flippers

>>385168563
it's not that bullshit, people don't get a single ex in several leagues
>>
>>385159786
You ignore every node that doesn't give health.
>>
>>385171705
Yeah until 3.0 where you can only grind Aquaducts once at level 33'ish

yes i know channel maps are a thing but why the fuck would you waste time in there
>>
>>385171963
There will be aqueduct in Act 9, where I assume it will drop as well. Channel is not bad either after you learn how it's layout works. I've been shaping it actually, because of the card.
>>
>>385171706

Would work if the item gives huge amount of benefit in return. Same idea behind Concentrated Effect but in movement abilities. But those benefits have to be pretty huge.
>>
path of life nodes!!!
>>
>all those faggots that are selling multiple copies of the same item for way cheaper than its supposed to be, just so they can trick other people into selling it for the same price
This is basically just scamming but since trading is not an inherent part of the game, its not illegal

>you wanna start spamming map runs but you need 5-10 different items to do it
>have to go through 10 people for each item because the rest are afk or are just flat out ignoring you because they cant get arsed to do the deal they listed for 1 alch
The game's trade system is fine for big ticket items but when you're just trying to get maps or small value currency items, this shit can get very tedious very fast
>>
>>385172239
that's why hardcore is aids. Had a lot more fun doing retard builds in shitcore
>>
File: 1485178036757.jpg (13KB, 255x248px) Image search: [Google]
1485178036757.jpg
13KB, 255x248px
>>385172182
>shaping channel over arid lake just for tabula cards
>>
File: 124312343.gif (1MB, 245x300px) Image search: [Google]
124312343.gif
1MB, 245x300px
>>385165068
you're not fooling anybody meemer
>>
>>385174257
I'd rather pick up my free 30c at the start of the league, rather than get a marginally more effcient T8 map, which I'm gonna run like 15 times in a league, before I move on.
>>
>>385143620
Get irritated at how hard it is to get solid gear in this game without turning it into a jew simulator. Hopefully things are less annoying with the new patch.
>>
>>385153393
It died with the AoE changes, but I feel like it needs to be said anyway.

Vaal Ice Nova with all the AoE and crit I can get my hands on. Fucking GGG cunts added radius per level to all the popular skills, but left half of them utterly butchered by the nerf.

But it was unbelievably fun. Over 1 billion xp per hour in a Poorjoys, 1 minute Dried Lake runs. It was always my second or third build of the league once people started turning in the 20q Vaal gem divination card.
>>
>>385164730
one 6-link in over 3000 hours

it was a fucking jasper chopper
>>
>>385180404
my only 6 link has been a tabula and I've only seen one...
>>
>>385152416
Doesn't steam force you to to pretty much redownload the ENTIRE FUCKING GAME every time there's an update of any kind?
>>
>>385182681
no
>>
>>385182681
No, retards from the worst general on /vg/ are just trying to find new ways to feel superior to the 'plebs'.

However, it does have to extract and repack the gigantic 10gb+ file holding all the game assets every time the game needs an update.
>>
>>385182681
It might as well. Updates of any size take fucking forever.
>>
>>385143763
>NEET poorfags buttblasted because they can't afford to pay enough money for christ to buy half a small cup of coffe so they can have a good trade system.

Stay mad.
>>
>>385145491
I have enough with global chat and /poeg/ to be honest.

I love fucking with liberals on the chat since for some reason global chat 1 is pretty right wing and everybody laugh at the nonsense they spout.

If you are not an autist you also have your friends and maybe if you are lucky an active guild (thing that is pretty rare these days).

Why the fuck do I have to be friends with a guy that is trying to rip me off taking some chaos orbs of profit when I could just say in global if someone wants to run some maps or better yet, just open a public party saying the type of maps you want to run.
>>
Anybody who honestly asks for an auction house in this game is a complete fucking moron.

First off, this removes the "trading" part out of trading. With an auction house, the "trade" is abstracted to hell and there is no player interaction whatsoever.

Secondly, this would fuck with the ability to negotiate and offer different currencies. The currency system is specifically designed so you don't have this one and only currency that does everything and is ubiquitous.

All the game needs in terms of trading are two things:
-Basically, remake poe.trade but inside the actual game
-Start liberally banning people who speculate and fuck in the system. Fake listers and speculators are scum of the fucking earth.

And that's it, you have a perfect system.
>>
>>385184937
Welcome back. You're still not funny.
>>
>>385168007
No I'm not retarded
>>
>>385185610
All you are saying is to put a player market in the game. A place or system to match buyers and sellers. Which is literally an auction house, but shittier and has all the same problems.
The game has 2 currencies, Chaos for cheap shit, and Exalted for expensive shit. The community made their own currency because there wasn't one.
And as for banning people who game the system, that goes against the basic idea of a free economy, which is what GGG wants. They don't give a shit about scammers.
>>
>>385182681
yes it does, thats why patches take so long on steam
>>
>tfw armor will forever be shit against anything that isn't a trash mob
>>
>>385185610
>muh special player interaction
>I want your shit
>ok
>make deal
>bye

alternatively
>I want your shit
>no response
>I want your shit
>no response
>look someone else and repeat

woa, so meaningful game changing interaction, trully the epitome of this generation's virtual bartering
>>
>>385187124
Matching buyers and sellers is fundamentally different from automating what would be almost the entirety of item transactions.

>hurr there is only one curency
Yes, obviously, that's why almost everyone I'e offered has taken jews/alchs/divines and sometimes even alts or chromatics instead of the listed chaos/exalts. How exactly would you modulate these exchanges using an auction house?

>as for banning people who game the system
Fake listers should be banned. Full stop.
And in terms of speculation, no banning is necessary. Just add a cooldown for an item being listed on the search engine. If you just bought something through the search system, you don't get to list it for 2-3 games.

There are literally no downsides to either of these approaches, but obviously GGG would never do something sensible to fix the shitty state of their trading system.
>>
>>385188757
>2-3 games
meant days, fuck
>>
>>385187476
The possibility of making some player interaction
>what build you running?
>got any other shit i need?
>want to trade item for item?
is worth a million times more than your retarded instant gratification fetish.
>>
>>385189030
>wanna play together?
>no
>wanna be my friend?
>no
>want to roleplay as fantasy animals in oingoing erotic adventure where I made all the characters?
>user has blocked you
>>
>>385189332
>asking questions this autistic
I can't tell if this is a joke or people actually interpret the words "striking up a conversartion" in this way.

As a matter of fact, I've grouped up and went mapping multiple times with people after doing shit like buying atziri fragments or lab offerings.

You can just keep your REEEEEEing ass in SSF if you're actually this socially inept.
>>
>>385143620
>>385147973
Devs have explictly said that they don't want trading to be any easier than it already is.

Whatever their motivations are, they believe the state of the game where not that many people trade because it's a bit inconvenient is better than every item in the game being two clicks away.
>>
>>385143620

>gave people a solo self found league
>didn't give people what they actually wanted, which was a solo self found league with loot re-balanced specifically in that league to make trade unnecessary so you aren't restricted to a tiny handful of builds that require 10x the grind to make work since you're gimping yourself without trade

Fuck you GGG.
>>
>>385190271
what is the point of SSF anyway?
>>
>>385190374

At the moment, there is no point other than e-peen size, for the reasons I outlined.
>>
>>385190048
Regardless of your mental gymnastics and justifications, the problem is real, people don't like playing this game because trading is pretty much mandatory unless you hate yourself a lot and want to punish you by not trading, and said trading system it's not appealing to everybody. No matter what way you try to justify the problems with forced trading, there's a considerable amount of players who do not like it, period.

You people treat everything like it's doomsday, having some sort of in game tool to trade isn't going to turn this into D3, it's needs fine tunning to be perfect, but it's not the end of the world. They just need to have options for people who do not like using poe.trade or altogether don't know about it, and people who have such exciting adventures bartering with strangers like yourself.

For starters, they can add a tax to automated interactions, that way everytime you trade you lose currency, discouraging you from using the automated system and encouraging to use player to player trade. They could add a new drop, somewhat rare that allows to you post shit on the AH or to buy things from the AH, that way the trading is rather limited and you can't just go full autismo and ignore the entire community, but you can still skip some trades and avoid talking with strangers if you don't enjoy that part of the game.

This is a somewhat niche game, you can't assume that everyone is like you, some people have trouble interacting with others and they're still as much of a loser as you playing this shit for endless hours, they have as much right as you to be satisfied with the product. The designers made the game with a system in mind, an after all this years it has shown that there's still a wide discomfort with the way it works, why would they ignore a huge part of the community if they have been requesting a feature for years? how can you pretend that you know better than them what's better for them?
>>
>>385190710
Which part of what I said is mental gymnastics or wrong in any way?

What problems are you specifically talking about?

>not everyone likes it
Yes, not everyone likes anything. This is a useless fucking statement.

And furthermore, the fact that people don't like something can simply mean that they're simple-minded cretins. People like you ruined MMOs for good.
>>
>>385191126
how stupid can you be that you need an archaic bartering system to interact with people? if you want friends you can fucking speak in the general chat and ask the same fucking questions

>hur what build you using?
>hurt wanna trade some shit?
>hurt wanna run sum maps?

you don't need to punch everyone in the dick with fucking 10 currencies just because you "enjoy" talking when you do fucking trades
>>
File: 1429189794243.jpg (68KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
1429189794243.jpg
68KB, 1000x562px
Will they give give an actual reward for solo self found mode?
>>
>>385191251
I don't "need" it, it's one of ths bonuses of actually trying to foster an online community.

There's literally no upside to an auction house in PoE besides the part where ADHD riddled clowns like you get to buy something with two clicks.
>game is deader
>have to create some arbitrary system for currency conversion
>speculators run fucking rampant over the markets because their time investment is reduced by 95%

How do you propose they cut 15% if I'm selling something for an exalt, by the way?

Do you also think the LFG/LFR systems were positive additions to WoW?
>>
>installed PoE
>was about to play it
>find this thread

bullet dodged?
>>
>>385192398
If aren't already autistically invested in the game, it isn't worth it.
>>
>>385190710

>No matter what way you try to justify the problems with forced trading, there's a considerable amount of players who do not like it, period.

And those people don't matter because they are essentially asking for a system that will ruin the game itself, D3 Auction House a good example of what happens when those plebs get what they want.

Theres a reason why PoE added SSF ladder and not auction-house level of smooth trading system. Because the whole fucking point of the game is for you to grind and find that stuff yourself. If it would be too easy to find the stuff you want, there would be no point playing the game because your character already has everything you would ever want.
>>
File: 1479873732306.gif (159KB, 270x192px) Image search: [Google]
1479873732306.gif
159KB, 270x192px
>>385143620
>341 replies and 30 images omitted. Click here to view.

WHY AM I ALWAYS LATE FOR THE GOOD /v/ THREADS? GOD DAMN IT

>>385186938
He is right though, and honestly I never bought a stash tab and have always been self funded for years now anyway. If you want to be a part of the community and trade i dont understand why you dont want to pay $5 to one of the the greatest devs of all time.

>>385191562
I like everything about self fund except not being able to to map and level with friends, I never take the mode seriously nor should you.
>>
>>385191996
There's a wide margin between QoL automatization and completly removing player interaction with a LFG button like in WoW. Neither you or me are progessional game designers, and even those who design it still require to implement a feature and see how the population reacts and interacts with the system.

The devs have a vision of what should be happening in the game, said vision has brought numbers to their data, and they have acknowledged that the life of the game may be lengthened or improved if they do something about the issue regarding the bartering system. It's not their intent to remov eplayer interaction, but to appeal to those who feel alienated by a certain mechanic.

Just like some people enjoy hardcore league, and other absolutely hate it, some people like to solo and some people like to have a static group, having more options and redefining your game is not a bad thing. You are afraid of change, when you don't even know what that change may be. Everyone is relying on a fucking crutch outside of the game because of how stupid it is in reality, trying to find things in game and not get scammed is pretty hard, so it's only logical that they want to do something about it, but they also don't want to copy something that already exists, or they would have done it a long time ago. I can't pretend I have the absolute best answer, I may have stupid or not stupid ideas, but I'm not acting like I know what's best for everyone unlike you, there has to be enough flavors for everyone in the store, you're so blinded that you can't even accept other options to be available for the community to enjoy the same game as you.

You can limit the trades somehow, a daily limit, a weekly limit, you can charge a tax, you can add an extra trading currency, you can simply have a tool that is inconvenient, but gets the job done, and makes the old interaction still more appealing for whatever reason, it doesn't have to fucking murder your bartering adventure extravaganza
>>
File: monkey.gif (1MB, 250x167px) Image search: [Google]
monkey.gif
1MB, 250x167px
>>385143620
>they still nerf any fun build
>>
>>385192650
>grind and find stuff yourself
>instead use poe.trade and deck yourself in an hour changes everything
>>
>>385192845

>You can limit the trades somehow, a daily limit, a weekly limit, you can charge a tax, you can add an extra trading currency, you can simply have a tool that is inconvenient, but gets the job done, and makes the old interaction still more appealing for whatever reason, it doesn't have to fucking murder your bartering adventure extravaganza

Bigger problem is if it murders the point of playing the game itself. Like the Auction House did in Diablo 3.
>>
>>385193072
Pretty much. The game is designed around the idea of people trading for gear. If you aren't using poe.trade or something similar, you aren't supposed to be able to do half the endgame shit.
>>
>>385190710
>Show up to thread
>Maybe traded 5 times max over the years i have played
>see some huge debate about how mandatory trading is
>last ladder i played a storm call witch to level 92
>slapped together another toon out of the random uniques i found and got that to level 98
>Never looked up a build guide in my life just tried to make cool builds with the uniques i find with my 1st guy
>still finding uniques i have never seen before because i didn't spoil myself
>all this on hardcore

Fuck I always forget how casual /v/ is, if you guys played softcore you wouldn't have any of these problems dont worry so much about your E-penis no one cares except maybe one random dude on the internet. Your opinion about making a d3 style auction house is just absolute shit please fuck off, not every game has to appeal to you if you don't understand why "community interaction" is important to people thats ok, but dont try to force it on others. There is a reason why games like PoE, d2, and wc3 are still around and will continue to be played long after d3 is dead.
>>
>>385192773
>He is right though
When I say welcome back, I'm referring to this autist.
>>385094336
>>
>>385193298
your opinion on others*

I butchered that last part.
>>
>>385143620

I wont be returning until they fix their laggy game engine
>>
>>385188757
>Just add a cooldown for an item being listed on the search engine.
Free market, fuck you.
Don't like it? Don't buy it.
>>
Trading in this game feels like borderline cheating. t's much more rewarding to roll with what you get and actually use your currency items. You know, by right clicking on them.
>>
File: 1496250134568.gif (424KB, 248x300px) Image search: [Google]
1496250134568.gif
424KB, 248x300px
I've been wanting to play this, but i can't figure out how to run it
I try to launch it in steam, and it just stops running immediately.
I've tried what solutions I could find, but nothing has worked so far. I've tried deleting and re-installing multiple programs it uses as well as adding more dll's to my system but nothing works. Anyone else have troubleshoot something like this?
>>
>>385193263

>If you aren't using poe.trade or something similar, you aren't supposed to be able to do half the endgame shit.

Yet SSF players can do it, fancy that.

Correction: If you want to do the endgame shit FAST, then you need poe.trade.
>>
>>385192845
Why would they appeal to those alienated by this mechanic? They are not the intended audience. They will never play the game for years straight or buy skins. Wanna know how I can tell that? Because they feel alienated by this mechanic. The trading is fine as is.
>>
>>385188757
Here's the things about bans and shit:
How do you automate this system of banning false sellers and the like?
>Reports
Abused by botters to get anyone they don't want in their market banned from it.
>Manually
Requires significant manpower and to circumvent it, people will just start making alt accounts, put their shit on the alt through guilds, and use those to set up the false trades and shit.
It's borderline impossible to make a system that can't be abused in this manner unless the system itself is automated. Then it's just whoever has the fastest click bot instead of the fastest click bot AND the most underpriced false-listings
>>
>>385192845
>limit trades
Shite arbitrary limitation.

>tax
Doesn't work without introducing a uboquitous currency.

>add a ubiquitous currency
Is the exact opposite of the developers' intent in the currency system, not to mention there's no way to make a single arbitrary currency actually matter in the game.

I've given actual solutions to some of the problems currently festering in the trade system. You're giving me half-baked examples that are either impossible to implement or have a shitton of downsides, and the ONLY motivation for it is that you (and the section of the playerbase you represent) is your ineptitude in using the current system. Seriously, you and other people like you should just fuck off from online gaming.
>>
>>385193619
Don't use steam. Use standalone launcher.
>>
File: Hisoka_disappointed.png (351KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Hisoka_disappointed.png
351KB, 1280x720px
>>385143620
tfw you want to play PoE but you have a potato laptop
>>
File: aaaay.jpg (58KB, 333x514px) Image search: [Google]
aaaay.jpg
58KB, 333x514px
>>385193619
Its not very well optimized, the 1st time i load it up I just have to leave it frozen on my screen and leave the room for 5-10minutes before it actually starts working.

>>385193589
This guy gets it.

>>385193789
>>385193263
Trading is designed so you can make the build you want to play, no one is going to farm up 10 anima stones, if you are cool with spamming normal spells and running with what you get you dont need it at all.
>>
>>385194030
PoE is like a ten year old game i dont see the issue.
>>
>>385143620
the gameplay is repetitive and boring, the designs are generic and uninspired tbqh
>>
>>385193857
In terms of banning fake item listers, even a minor investment into this would have a severe chilling effect on fake listing cunts by my estimation. The reason for that is that with the ban, all the items (his capital) on that account are instantly gone. Making nonstop new empty accounts will be a severe time and money penalty.

It doesn't have to be based on reports. There are piss-simple statistical analyses you can use to detect if some fucker is never actually selling something is listed on his account.
>>
>>385194076
Isn't making the build I want to play kind of the point of a game like this?
>>
>>385194154
Not that anon, but my i3 laptop runs the game pretty well on minimal settings up until 3rd difficulty. Then it's a complete lagfest in big packs, especially in fucking breaches.
Part the reason why I dropped the game.
>>
>>385193949
I'm gonna fake list hundreds of uniques and never respond in my 8 multiboxed accounts

:DDDDD
>>
>>385194296

The point is you playing and working towards it, not getting it instantly.
>>
>>385193589
You might as well ignore trying for a build that needs a few specific uniques then. This game does not favor self found at all. It is quite possible the LEAST self found friendly Diablo-like I've ever played.
>>
>>385194450
Are you glossing over an average playtime of around 3000 hours to get a build together that requires even 3 fairly rare items and treating it as something reasonable?
>>
>>385194296
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s12YBLyEUY0
No, its a reward.
>>
File: 1498714004903.jpg (31KB, 537x549px) Image search: [Google]
1498714004903.jpg
31KB, 537x549px
>t-the trading system is good because it's so obtuse!
>>
>>385194541
While you aren't entirely wrong (Unless you nolife it), you can reasonably get a good few different build-enabling Unique Items and the like through Divination Cards.
Which are admittedly still too rare for their own good and were too rare prior to their drop rate reduction and the 3 or 4 Nerfs to spawn rate of Diviner's Boxes, but the option is there and a focused method of gathering them can lead to the desired result.
>>
>>385194751
I don't even really understand why diviners cards are even in the game. They are so rare you might as well farm for stuff to trade for whatever item they would otherwise give you.
>>
>>385194878
The stated reason is so people have a method of farming shit up they want.
The intended reason is to fill up your Stash space so you feel inclined to buy a Divination Card Tab.
>>
>>385194541

>"Yay I bought all the rares and all I need for this build from the auction house, now I can start playing the game!"

>"Fucking devs theres nothing to do and nothing to find, all the loot is garbage, what I got is already better, shit game!"

The entire point of the game is to find loot by playing the game. If you already find the best loot you can possibly get for your character from trade/auction house, then theres no fucking point playing the game itself.

I don't understand this mentality where players want to pay money to already win the game, then to bitch afterwards that the game has nothing to do. This happened in D3 when it had its Auction House.
>>
>>385194979
Even if you don't buy shit, 90% of the time, the loot is so crap what you have is already better, Anon.
Most of the time, you're looking for a handful of items which comprise 1% of the shit you find.
>>
>>385195085

>Even if you don't buy shit, 90% of the time, the loot is so crap what you have is already better, Anon.

Yes, and auction house makes that even worse.
>>
>>385195085
Sure, but you find like 400 items per zone.
>>
>fix
Nothing is broken
Go back to Diablo faggot
Trade should not be simple, cuz if they add AH everything will get cheaper
>>
>>385194979
Did I say I wanted to pay real money to buy my build? I don't think I did. I said that self found is impossible for all but the most generic builds. And it is. Putting thousands of hours into a character just so I can get the satisfaction of finishing their build at the end is pretty stupid., I would rather put like, 20 hours into a character, finish their build, then switch to another character and build them up.

Your logic only stands if you only ever make a single character. If you have enough variety in fun builds, you can easily build the game around people making new characters with an average "finish" time of 20-40 hours and still have people getting hundreds of hours of fun out of the game.

I don't see why this is a hard concept.
>>
>>385191562
No, they have stated they will not be doing this.
There are the SSF leaderboards but that's it.
>>
>>385195183
It's closer to 800 in a decent map and that 1% is probably a bit high in reality.
For an item to be "worth" that is an item you can actually equip, the following must be met:
>Actually fits your build, meaning if it's a bow, your Sunder build doesn't give a shit, but now lop in any base that isn't armor or one of the armor hybrids, no wands, staves, or 1/2-H depending on build variant
>Has to be Rare/Unique/good sockets/good base at high levels
>If it's Rare, the mods on it have to be better than something of the same slot without also inhibiting your setup (I.E. find something with double T1 Res, but would have to give up something with the bulk of your other Res for it which makes you super-weak to a specific element so you need to wait for something to balance it out)
>If Unique, it has to be one that is
>Not a levelling item
>For your build
>Not one of the gimmicky ones that don't benefit your build at present
Sure, you can go make a low-life whatever after you find a Shav's, but you still haven't finished your Hybrid Kitava's Thirst Hierophant.
>>
>>385190710
>they can add a tax to automated interactions, that way everytime you trade you lose currency, discouraging you from using the automated system and encouraging to use player to player trade.
It would have to be ludicrous to the point that nobody would ever trade that way.

Remember that it works both ways. Not just for buying stuff, but your stuff would be so much more easy to sell that everyone would be richer before your tax so nothing would be upset.
>>
>>385153506
Wait, what's happening to that?
>>
Why is the game still so aggressively unsatisfying?
>>
Will they make evasion viable?
>>
>>385195665
Evasion will never be viable because you can never rely on a % chance to not die when you want to not die.
>>
>>385195585
TL;DR:
>Whispering Ice Builds relied on Int stacking for all their ES and now have to also get some ES nodes to compensate for the net drop in total ES (especially the 3 nodes behind CI being gone
>And also relied on Vaal Pact, which means the new version would have to be some Mind Over Matter guff along with a much slower play-style
The build in its old form is literally dead. At least CI attack builds can convert to life-based and be relatively fine with some tweaks.
>>
File: source.gif (1MB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
source.gif
1MB, 2048x2048px
>>385195789
You could say we all rely on a % chance to not die every day.
>>
>>385195665
It is viable. As a secondary stat.
As with armor.
>>
>>385195665
>>385195789
Evasion also still only applies to Attacks.
Dexterity in general is the weakest of the 3 primary stats by a wide margin. Its only benefit is you are more likely to hit your opponent compared to a Str-build (except for the fact they get Resolute Technique.) Accuracy itself is an arbitrary stat that just makes Attack builds worse.
>>
>>385195897
Yet Energy Shield is treated like a primary defense.
>>
>>385195601
i just felt the skill system was pointless and bloated since it takes forever to get to the good stuff like it was created intentionally to pad the stuff that makes builds coherent and slow them down
>>
>>385143620
yeah trading is why i quit too. after you reach level 80 or so it basically becomes a shopping simulator and you can't progress until you get some good deals
>>
>>385167763
Fuck trap builds. Fuck that the new unique is only traps. Mines are the only such thing that should exist.

Fuck bladefall for being so shit it had to rely on double dip.
I just want to play as an anime character. Is that so much to ask?

>>385195961
Yes that was my point. ES is a primary defensive stat because it's literally life.
It is simply the nature of the beast. There is nothing wrong with it beyond ES being better than life in the past, and the fact that hybrid life es is shite compared to full either(or spending 100ex).

I like the new belt. It may make ES a bit more interesting.
>>
>>385146556
>That's it. That's the game. Why do you do it?

They either find it legitimately fun, or it's about leaderboards. Well and good I guess, but then when these same faggots try to wave dicks about D3 vs. PoE you start to realize they've lost some part of their humanity.

If that doesn't sound exciting to you because you are sane, the goal of an ARPG is then to come up with fun builds and see how far you can get in whatever the equivalent of the hardcore league is for your game.
>>
>>385190374
Personal challenge league
>>
>>385148159
Yeah but you're forced to sell it at the listed price is the crux of the fucking point.

You don't actually HAVE to sell anything at whatever price you put it at with the current system because you still have to go through with the trade manually, which you can simply choose not to do because you never had any intention of selling it at that price.

Explain what part of this you are having trouble with, for the love of fuck.
>>
>>385196042
The skill(gem) system?
Or the (passive) skill tree system?

There are plenty of great skills and the highest levels for any are like 33 or something. Which is only a small part into the game.

If you mean passive tree then you're half wrong. You can get to it whenever the fuck you want. Just for it to work with any quality of life you may have to hold off for a while.
>>
>>385192554
Yes it is. 3.0 will be godlike
>>
>>385194413
Banned.
>>
>>385193069
Storm burst cwc will be arpg kino
>>
File: 1463948418423.gif (284KB, 108x147px) Image search: [Google]
1463948418423.gif
284KB, 108x147px
POE is worse than Torchlight. People still play this? After a 3 year beta?
>>
>>385196190
>hardcore
There is no perfect combination present to make it work completely.

It's a system that belongs offline. But then it is more abusable.
So it is put online. But then your internet(if third world applicable) or GGG's servers can fuck you over completely.
So then they made characters immediately disappear on logout.
Which is abusable and pushes any sort of difficulty towards one-shots. Which isn't actually hard.

I still play hardcore for the community but I think I only play a fraction of the time I would play if I otherwise played softcore.
>>
>>385196360
>will be
You see that's my point, they are always nerfing the old skills so that everyone's forced to get and use the new ones, that's just not fun. Besides every time someone finds a way to make a fun build that relies more on the skill tree than on a specific gem they nerf those nodes.
>>
>make build
>pure trash at 105 points, superb at 120

>>385196525
old skills are still often stars of the show. Barrage, flameblast, sparks as recent examples.
>>
>>385196454
Unfortunately, you're right. There's no real way around it.

Not to shit on current ARPGs but I hope something good comes along that can shake up the genre a bit.
>>
>>385144723

>there is never going to be an auction

Except there already is, it's just unbelievably retarder, third party api-using website shitshow. The economy and the trading are complete shit and make endgame incredibly frustrating rng fuckfest.
>>
>>385196119
>Hybrid is shit without extreme investment
No it isn't.
>>
>>385196658
Those are very few, most of the old skills simply don't fit the narrative you're selling.
>>
>>385194396
Maybe get a real PC you nerd
>>
>>385196658
>Barrage
Solely because it's the only single-target Wanders and Bow users reasonably have nowadays.
And because of how strongly it can stack Poison.
>>
>>385193453
Found the anarcho capitalist. Speculation is banned in every civilized country, and it has even less place in games. Try to name even one positive benefit to it.
>>
Are golems going to be nerfed in 3.0?
>>
>>385196794
And not that many new skills actually do that well either.

There are ancient long forgotten(single target, melee) skills that are pure trash. Then of the rest of the old skills the ratio of viable to trash is about the same as new skills.

>>385196916
Yeah just like Blade Vortex which was good because of how well it could stack poison.

And Earthquake which synergized with a ring that allowed it to get a ton of FREE dps through bleed and poison
>>
When are they going to pull some skills out of the gutter and make them even semi viable? Vigilant Strikes eats an endurance charge and barely outclasses Heavy Strike and even it's gimmick of giving Fortify is a support gem.
>>
>>385197142
Never. Seeing "Heavy Strike now does damage on par with Earthquake" (it doesn't currently) doesn't generate as much hype as "Here's a new skill that does a ton of damage!"
>>
>>385196683
>shake up the genre

That's exactly what they were trying to do with the expansion.
>>
File: ventor.png (104KB, 366x360px) Image search: [Google]
ventor.png
104KB, 366x360px
>>385164730
Probably this.
>>
File: screenshot-0256.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot-0256.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>385164730
>wanted to quit the game
>already done everything I've wanted to do in the game except do t13+ maps and play golemancer
>sell all my shit
>get enough currency to buy 7 reliq keys
>got nothing from the first 6 keys
>"hahaha looks like I really am gonna be quitting this game now"
>last key drops pic related
As for actual drops, I think the most expensive was a berek's respite which was 100c at the time of its dropping

golemancer was kinda meh
>>
>poison shit
>ignites are laughable
>bleed rework is shit and the new "keystone" is meme tier
>Twice the hp on bosses (literally artificial difficulty)
>pantheon system useless
I'm going to play totem rf as a starter i guess.
Really hope the challenge league will blow me away because holy fuck is it all underwhelming.
>>
>>385199257
I played a full IIQ golemancer and ran a shitload of vaults in legacy. I got like 5 ex drops and like 15 ex total from divination cards and drops. It's boring as fuck but it pays.
>>
>>385199445
I feel the exact same way so far. The only thing I find interesting are the new acts because of the novelty factor. I really hope this doesn't turn out to be as underwhelming as it looks.
>>
>>385195359

>I don't see why this is a hard concept.

Because you can already do it without trading, to build the foundation of you doing 20-30 hour "fun" builds, you need to grind a long amount of time until your stash tabs are literally full of stuff. Then both trading and building characters becomes much easier.

If you don't like the idea of having to build all that from scratch every league, play standard. You can have all the fun builds you want there. Once again if it would be too easy to build a character you can easily run through all the content in 20 hours, then the game is fucking boring and bad. If there would be no challenge to it, it wouldn't be fun. Just look D3 for a great example.
>>
>>385199445
>Twice the hp on bosses (literally artificial difficulty)
Are they really doing this? But why?
>>
What's a fun skill/build to use nowadays? I'm assuming a lot is going to get shaken up in the patch but I haven't played in awhile.
>>
*slowly raises paw*

Ummm, what's the point of summoner builds? Do you enjoy watching th egame play itself?
>>
>>385200316
because of all these retards on reddit complaining about the "clear speed meta"
gottta slow down the game breh this way they won't feel so inadequate playing the game
>>
If I start now and hit the end of the 3 Acts, will I have to start over again or something to continue on to the Fall of Oriath content or will it just be tacked on so I can immediately proceed to it
>>
>>385199916
Its funny how people in these threads decided that POE has the EXACT amount of grind that keeps things fun. Anything faster is automatically shit, and anything slower doesn't actually exist.
>>
>>385200454
To watch zombies kill everything because everytime a fun spectre exists they have to nerf it to oblivion.
>>
>>385200686
I think if you're playing a standard league then MAYBE, but almost all new content is put into new leagues before standard.
>>
>>385200454
Summoner builds in PoE played right are pretty active. Upkeep on offerings (including desecrate on ST), CoH/EE setups through spells, skeleton totem (if you choose to use it), positioning with convocation, keeping minions topped off with flasks, etc.
>>
>>385200827
Don't sekeleton totems basically overcrowd the screen and prevent your other minions from doing their job?
>>
>>385200709

> Anything faster is automatically shit, and anything slower doesn't actually exist.

Shitters aren't suggesting that grinding would be slightly faster, they're suggesting they would get AH-level of "skip content"-feature, which would defeat the whole purpose of playing the game.

If you think "InstaWin"-button is good design for a game, go play D3 or walking simulators.
>>
>>385200316
Because player power creep is through the fucking roof and the current life values don't fucking cut it.
People are still mowing down some of the hardest bosses in the game at incredible speeds even after the boss buff.

>>385200686
You won't have to start again. The only mess is where they will place players in higher difficulties in the new acts.

What do you mean the three acts? There are five?
Also don't play now, it's literally nine days away from the patch and new league.
>>
>>385202229
>Because player power creep is through the fucking roof and the current life values don't fucking cut it.
And even more stuff is fucking useless. Why not put people on more even footing before neutering already shitty abilities and uniques just cause a few cookie cutter builds are too strong
>>
>>385202507
Because they're lazy.
>>
File: 1495211443887.png (90KB, 1105x1053px) Image search: [Google]
1495211443887.png
90KB, 1105x1053px
cant wait to play it for two weeks then uninstall it again
>>
Are there any brain dead builds I can play that require no real investment to slaughter the entire game, like the skelemancer on Diablo 2?
>>
>>385203684
I'm not up to date with the most recent nerfs, but pizza totems and blade flurry were like that not long ago.
>>
>>385203684
totems
>>
>>385203684
Elemental Hit Scion
>>
>>385203684
Flameblast, totems, srs, cyclone/earthquake
>>
>>385201290
You are making up a baseline. Almost every single person in this thread is actively denying what you are saying, but you have decided that everyone that doesn't consider the game perfect wants an instant access AH that gives everyone BIS gear for real money.

Why the fuck is it so hard for you to understand that virtually no one wants that, and they just want something less grindy?
>>
File: panic.gif (12KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
panic.gif
12KB, 250x242px
>>385146742
Everyone who replied to you so far is wrong

GGG don't want to do it because it will make most items even more fucking worthless than they are now. People complain about millions of trash rares now but the easier you make trading the higher the bar goes for an item to be worth selling
>>
>>385195825
I think life MOM WI will work
>>
>>385170069
I have played the game for 3 years and I only got like 20.
>>
>>385208118
It should work pretty well since WI doesn't bother with offensive auras
>>
You maybe don't understand, but AH is actually a good feature, and all the people who demand it have valid points.
It just shouldn't be too accessible to casuals. With AH implemented, many problems will emerge:
-devaluation of already cheap items, because not many people would scratch their ass for 1alc. My friends and I have a selling floor of 1c - everything cheaper goes to a vendor. Because right now you have to spend some time and 1 portal to do one trade. AH would remove that problem, making cheaper listings viable.
-increase of total size of items sold because of aforementioned reasons. It strains servers and database even more.
-removal of trade channel community. Jews and flippers would lose their jobs. It may not be a bad thing for many people, but it means less job opportunities for the game. I know of a guy, who was doing just flipping and had fun by doing it.
- less RMT. Having proper trade mechanisms accessible to everyone reduces illegal trade. GGG may be profiting from RMT, so they want more chaos on market.
- people have fun when they deceive casuals or when they have a good deal. If casuals are given power, there would be less fun for other players, and the playerbase will decline, at least in quality.
>>
>>385210052
all don't add to the fact that it would result in less grinding, or playing the game as it is otherwise known.
>>
>>385210052
Having people come to your hideout where they can access your public tabs and be able to buyout shit so you don't have to leave your map would be cool.
>>
>>385164730
Bringer of Rain or Shav's in Nemesis
>>
>>385210052
And GGG already implemented prem tabs. Having an AH means you can sell more shit if you had more prem tabs.
>>
>>385210052
>It strains servers and database even more.
That's the devs problem, you fucking mongoloid, not the players'. If these shitters can't get proper servers to allow basic quality of life functions, it's their fault and their game is shit, no excuses.
>>
>>385145235
i have never had this problem on the scale you guys describe. At most it takes me 2-3 whispers before i get what i need, 8 out of 10 times its an immediate response.
>>
>>385210154
Well, good players already try to lessen the grind, by making fast builds or by doing schemes, like, selling challenges or flipping.
Many casuals, who are the majority, play the game normally. It's easy to sell them some cheap items, like, a couple of chaos, because they have to grind for hours for what good players can get in minutes.
Casuals may be tormenting themselves (or may be not), but with this torment they are enabling fun for the rest of playerbase. GGG knows this, and that this is cruel, but they will act machiavellian, because it is good for the GAME and the COMPANY. Many people want communism, but they don't understand that if you give power to casuals, the game will decay and die out.
>>
>>385210553
Yes. But it seems that telling you fairy tales about "muh social interation" is cheaper than actually implementing stuff.
>>
>>385184937
>people will unironically pay 4 dollars for a small coffee
the millennial generation was a mistake
>>
File: He hates it.jpg (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
He hates it.jpg
102KB, 1280x720px
Even without playing I know that the whole "Press this one button and hope you kill everything" type of playstyle wasnt fixed. This is what pisses me off about ARPGs. You get some strong build and then just murder everything with one spell
>>
>>385144640
Plenty of people play solo self found. They even recently added a mode that you can choose when you create your character that tags it as SSF and puts you on a separate leaderboard with other SSF players. You can't trade or party with a SSF character but you can opt out of the mode at any time you wish (but you can't go back with the same character if you do).

Playing SSF just means you gotta build accordingly. And when you do find something rare then you can possibly build a new character around that.
>>
>>385203684
Sunder gladiator. Easily capped block rate and bleed explosions just add to the fact that sunder is already a top tier skill. You need barely any investment for red maps, though you'll need some better gear for guardians and shaper.
>>
>>385143620
>>385143763
You should note that trading has gone through a few changes since 2013.

Nowadays you have the ability to list items for trade with ease on premium stash tabs and they automatically get listed on the forums. To make this less of a hassle to browse the community has come forth with a website called poe.trade that allows you to search for items and copy a whisper message to whisper the seller in game. Sure it's not a marketplace but it also enables the haggle and barter economy that would die out with a marketplace/AH system. When someone lists something for a price you don't necessarily have to pay exactly that which is nice. It takes a while to get used to and new players have to watch out not to get scammed if when they're not familiar with prices of items yet.
>>
>>385184937
>>385211256
For some reason people are perfectly willing to pay for an overpriced cup of coffee but spending 5 dollaridoos on a game is heresy. You gotta wonder what kind of logical course you have to go through to reach that conclusion.
>>
>>385211256
It's nothing new. Poor people are usually poor because they spend their money like chimps. The only thing that changes is how they do it.

Though I guess how much the people selling trash can push it has risen higher than ever before.

>>385211594
I'm thinking gladiator lacerate, some saboteur build or some health based lightning spell build which I'll be really excited for and then drop as I realize that spark is still the best lightning spell after they all scale the same, and that I've played enough charged bolt sorceress for quite a few lifetimes.
>>
>>385211861
>I'm thinking gladiator lacerate
Lacerate is just clunky as a skill. It requires a massive investment in attack speed to feel any good and it doesn't really have any benefits over other skills.
>some saboteur build
Unless saboteur got some massive changes/buffs since I last checked it's not worth it. Mines are ass to play and traps require a way too big investment of trap nodes that you'll have shit for defenses and what's more fun than getting oneshot all the time.
>or some health based lightning spell build which I'll be really excited for and then drop as I realize that spark is still the best lightning spell after they all scale the same
I'm really hoping the new channeled lighting spells will play a bit different. And sure spark is best but stuff like storm call could already be made viable pre3.0 so maybe it'll get better.
>>
>>385211356
It's a core fundamental problem related to PoE. It's way more effective to support 1 skill rather than many. It's not going to be fixed any time soon.
>>
>>385211861
Lacerate feels kinda shitty if you're lacking in extra aoe. You're better off going slayer if you really want to use it.
>>
File: 1484162092363.png (14KB, 701x701px) Image search: [Google]
1484162092363.png
14KB, 701x701px
>>385211356
Play a build that isn't 1 button then.
>>
>>385212157
Fair enough on lacerate, just thought it'd thematically fit bleed. I don't mind stuff being too clunky or unviable as long as it is distinct. The issue with lightning stuff is that I'd just be building it all the same.

I just want self-cast arc to be good and impressive. Or maybe piety's souped up orb lightning thing. But they all end up simply being not-spark. I don't really like the look of the new channeled skill either. I think they could've gone with something other than lightning for it to have fit it better. I like the considerations in how it can scale but yeah I'd rather just play storm call and I hope it isn't just a better version.

>>385212497
Yeah I know, I'm just sick of slayer.
>>
>>385213109
This gondola is miss-meming.
>>
File: spurdling.png (351KB, 468x312px) Image search: [Google]
spurdling.png
351KB, 468x312px
>>385213427
i meme my own rules
>>
>>385213513
I need at least three deep thoughts running through my head with every gondola.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU4ehgnTjVg
>>
I'm making a fireball templar for 3.0 and you can't stop me
>>
File: 1500359413013.gif (577KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1500359413013.gif
577KB, 540x540px
>lab STILL exists
>>
>>385214673
Apparently its getting streamlined and getting more rewarding side areas (they give keys now). Still a piece of shit to go through though.
>>
>>385143620
> free to play
> need to loot gear with good sockets to use
> spells and abilities
This game is worse than Diablo III. Stop playing this shit and buy Grim Dawn. Or pirate it i don't give a shit.
>>
>>385214673
I like to make dedicated lab runner builds and make tons of currency by selling quality gems. I'm going to do Viper Strike + self cast permanent Immortal Call Juggernaut next league.
>>
>>385214673
But labyrinth is fun.
>>
>>385165567
This.
>>
>>385213243
>just thought it'd thematically fit bleed
Why it doesn't have an innate chance to bleed or bonus damage against bleeding targets or anything to do with bleed I don't understand. It would make such a difference in how interesting the skill is to build around.
>>
>>385217373
lacerations bleed. That's literally my justification
>>
>>385217452
Yes. Why GGG doesn't see that though. The only skill build around bleed in the entire game is Puncture. Lacerate is such an obvious choice to have something to do with bleeding but it just doesn't.
>>
>Oh boy a new trapping unique
>Shitty EV/ES base
>HP mod for some reason
>4 "when your trap is triggered by an enemy" mods
What the fuck are they smoking?
>>
>>385218936
>>4 "when your trap is triggered by an enemy" mods
Reminder that Blast Cascade and Master Sapper still have this restriction and they've been in the tree for ages. GGG doesn't understand how trappers are played in their own game. Every trapper build uses Sunblast or Chain Reaction which means that enemy triggered traps are like maybe 10% of your total traps triggered.
>>
>>385219310
It's baffling how much they hate trappers (or maybe just saboteurs).
>>
>>385219310
>Every trapper build uses Sunblast or Chain Reaction which means that enemy triggered traps are like maybe 10% of your total traps triggered.
Actually 0% of your traps in the case of sunblast since they're not being triggered by enemies.
>>
>>385218936
>Armor/ES base helm
>Increased skill effect (decent enough)
>2% increased minion movement and attack speed per 50 dex
>Minions can only kill ignited monsters
Herp de derp
>>
>>385216294
what does free to play have to do with good gear or sockets?
>>
>>385220827
It's quite weird but not entirely useless. Obviously designed to be used with Null's Inclination. Probably needs some stat buffs though. Even with 1k dex it would be fairly bad.
Thread posts: 499
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.