[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Its over Sonybros time to make the switch to PC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: download.jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 300x168px
Sony has said the life cycle for the PS4 will be shorter than the PS3, hinting that the PlayStation 5 may arrive sooner rather than later.
http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/29/ps4-will-not-last-10-years-says-sony-4206965/
>>
>>385140792
They said in an interview this year that the Pro was a "mid-generation" releases, which implies there is still another 3-4 years of the PS4 left; which is exactly what anyone who isn't a retard should expect.

PS5 will be 2020-21, no earlier.
>>
File: huh.png (12KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
huh.png
12KB, 560x407px
>>385140792
>Its over Sonybros time to make the switch to PC
Nah, I'm good. I left that meme about 12 years ago.

>Sony has said the life cycle for the PS4 will be shorter than the PS3
Well considering that the PS3 has been alive for 11 years and STILL getting supported to this day I can't say I'm surprised. Who expects over a decade of support from a console in the first place?
PS4 is all but guaranteed to still be getting games by 2020-2021 (even if they are cross-generational multiplats), that's a 7-ish year life. More than reasonable.
>>
>>385140792
>unironically posting an article from 2013
>>
>>385141938
>PC
>Meme
>>>/r/ps4
>>
Would this be a bad time to buy a ps4? I finally have a disposable income and want to get a ps4. Amy difference between a slim and a regular one?
>>
>>385142105
>>>/r/pcmasterrace
>>
>>385140792
>2013
literally old news. But I already knew this though, as 7th gen has been a big exception to the typical length of console generations, not the rule.

>>385141851
there's already rumors of Sony revealing SOMETHING new in 2018.
My money's on PS4 Pro Slim tho'

>>385141938
>PC
>meme
yeah, excuse me that I can get a vastly stronger, more capable and easily upgradeable system, for less money than what the best consoles cost, while also greatly saving money with game costs and not having to pay monthly fees for online gaming.
>>
This is inevitable, the last console generation was freakishly long.
>>
Insider at Sony.

Actually the PlayStation line has reached it's natural conclusion. Gaming hardware is obsolete. In the next ten years you will all be streaming your games through PlayStation Now.

This is the disc vs Cartridge situation all over again.
>>
>>385142206
no real difference between the slim and the original except maybe in harddrive size depending on which version you buy

pro is more expensive but can run certain games better and supports 4K checkerboarding
>>
>>385142206
do you have any actual exclusive games on it you'd want to play? Like more than one or two?
If not, don't bother.

Also, it'd be stupid to not get Pro at this point. 900p at sub-30fps with low-ish visuals really isn't my idea of acceptable game graphics in late 2010s.
>>
>>385142317
Not possible within a decade. Sony wouldn't throw away the money from places with terrible Internet connections (which is about half the world, and half the US in particular).
>>
>>385142213
>>>/r/ps4
>>
>>385142362
>900p at sub-30fps with low-ish visuals
he didn't ask about a switch, anon
>>
>>385142105
Good software development for PC stopped and died around 2002-2003, so why would I stick with a dead platform?

I'm not interesting in supporting cancer like Crowdfunded games, Early Access, F2P games, top5 Steam shit like CS:GO/DOTA2, Nu-Blizzard games like HearthStone or Overwatch, etc.
Outside of a couple of decent RTS's per year there's nothing left other than console ports.

>>385142247
Don't get me wrong, my PC is very good (for productivity reasons), I just can't be bothered to play on it as my main platform.

Anyway this is detracting from the main bait of thise thread, which is implying that PS4 will have a short live, let us focus on that part of my comment instead of the couple words that triggered you.
>>
>>385142075
Woops
Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe president Jim Ryan addressed this matter, thinking that the original PlayStation 4 won’t last 13 years like the PlayStation 2 did – even with its large user base.
http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/07/25/sony-console-life-cycles-just-aren-t-as-long-as-they-used-to-be/
>>
>>385142317
>reached it's natural conclusion.
>reached it is natural conclusion
The intelligence of Sonegroes.
>>
>>385142362
I didn't think of the pro. I have been in the dark for a while with video games.

I know I want bloodborne, the Japanese not darksouls, and a racing game. But are there any other games to get? They can on the Xbox too since I don't own an Xbox.
>>
File: GravityRush.jpg (693KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
GravityRush.jpg
693KB, 1920x1080px
>>385142206
Slim positives:
-Comes with new controller
-Has a much better wifi chip (faster connection)
-half of the electricity consumption
-quieter
-slightly faster loading times due to improved architecture
-Clickable ON/OFF & Eject buttons rather than the heat-sensitive ones from the original which could activate at the worst times

Slim cons:
-No TOSLINK port (PS4Pro does have it though)

Unless you find an amazingly cheap bundle of the original model or use TOSLINK for audio just go with the Slim.
>>
God I hope so. It's a fucking piece of shit. Let's stop dragging it along.
>>
>>385142589
Nice buzzwords.
>>
File: HONORABRU PENIS DISCHARGE.webm (863KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
HONORABRU PENIS DISCHARGE.webm
863KB, 1280x720px
>>385142861
Not him but the Pro is the obvious choice if you have disposable income.

Yes there are plenty of games exclusive to Sony platforms or consoles in general to chose from, but since I don't know your tastes I'm not about to throw a huge list of games only to get a "weebshit" or "western trash" answer back from you. I advise that you take a look at the PS4 general thread over at /vg/, the first post always has an up-to-date image catalog of recommended PS4 titles.

FYI "the Japanese not darksouls" game is called NioH.
>>
>>385142861
Yakuza has 3 PS4 exclusives, then there's the Ratchet & Clank remake, The Last Guardian if you like Team Ico games, Gravity Rush 1 and 2 if you like platformers (with a dosing of weeb), Persona 5 if you don't own a PS3, Dragon Quest Builders if you like DQ and don't own a Vita, Dragon Quest XI PS4 version, Final Fantasy XV seeing how you said Xbox crossplats are okay, Kingdom Hearts III too, Kingdom Hearts II.8 and I think a collection? I can't remember, WipeOut collection, Horizon: Zero Dawn if you like Witcher/Ubisoft style open world games.

If you're going for just one console, PS4 would definitely be your best bet as it covers the most bases.
>>
File: 1500341603412.jpg (94KB, 555x550px) Image search: [Google]
1500341603412.jpg
94KB, 555x550px
>>385142861
i have a ps4 slim, buy if you want to play at least 3-4 exclusive , i buy my ps4 because bloodborn,persona 5, nioh,spiderman that's it.
>>
>>385143335
Oh yeah, RDR2 comes out next year and is PS4/XO
Reckon it'll get the PC release down the line, but probably delayed like GTAV was
>>
>>385142317
even if that was true, it's not like they never changed their opinion fast as all other companies did all time,so,it's useless
>>
I don't think it'll release until holday 2019 desu.
>>
>>385143257
Thanks, I will go check it out. Should I just buy new? I think Amazon had the pro for like $300
>>
>>385142317

Definitely not happening for another 15-20 years. Streaming games is a lot more demanding than streaming video. It definitely is going to be the future of gaming eventually though.
>>
File: 1486517144375.png (220KB, 1500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1486517144375.png
220KB, 1500x500px
>>385142247
>there's already rumors of Sony revealing SOMETHING new in 2018.
>My money's on PS4 Pro Slim tho'
My money is on the Playstation hybrid, this will be the console to slaughter the switch
>>
>>385144078
Yes buy new. It's just a better idea to have warranty and to be sure no one tampered with it beforehand
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.