[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Grom Hellscream a hero?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: Grom15.jpg (108KB, 497x520px) Image search: [Google]
Grom15.jpg
108KB, 497x520px
Was Grom Hellscream a hero?
>>
>>385139142
You bet your ass
>>
>>385139142
why didn't Thrall the so called best shaman ever use ancestral spirit ?
>>
>>385139142
No

He redeemed himself in the end, but he wasn't a hero. His son, though... he was a real hero.
>>
>>385139142
He unfucked his screw ups, that is more than what Thrall will ever be able to claim.
>>
>>385139142
70 iq orcs can never be heroes
>>
>>385139290

Game mechanics =/= actual lore mechanics
>>
>>385139364
Garrosh was a really big missed opportunity. They were setting him up to be a second Doomhammer, behaving as a natural orc raised by orcs would behave. Maybe then there'd be real reasons for the war to continue, but because the players didn't like that they turned him into a comical mustache-twirling villain so you can kill him.
>>
>>385139142
one of my favorite moments in all of vidya was drinking the tainted blood and grabbing that bragging cunt Cenarius by his deer lovehandles and giving him the big orc dong
fuck that hippy loser
>>
>>385140995
BIG. ORC. DINGUS.
>>
>>385139142
Fuck no. He was an asshole before he condemned his people to demonic servitude, and he was an asshole after he did so. It took 22 years of withdrawals and venting his frustration on human guard patrols to chill the fuck out, and even then, he condemned his people to demonic servitude a second time when he fought Cenarius. The ONLY thing he did to become a "hero" was kill Mannoroth, breaking the blood curse HE brought upon the orcs for a generation. It is a net gain of ZERO.
>>
File: Big G approuve.png (621KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
Big G approuve.png
621KB, 803x688px
>>385141661
THIS.
Grom is a fucking piece of shit.
Garrosh did nothing wrong tho, he wanted to be like his father. A huge cunt, he really did it kek.
>>
>>385141848
I'll give Garrosh credit where it's due. He wouldn't have tried to emulate Grom if Thrall didn't tell him: "Don't feel guilty that your dad was a piece of shit. HE WAS A HERO!"
>>
>>385141661
I consider killing that moose faggot a benevolent act so I consider his heroism a net gain of at least 1
>>
>>385141661
? how old is grom? how old do orcs get in wc?
>>
>>385140865
They did it in spit of the players liking him, same of tycus. Im not sure why metzen keeps spitting in everyones face
>>
>>385142037
He was 46 when he died. Orcs live about as long as humans, though they mature faster and age slower after reaching physical maturity. Orcs have a shorter life expectancy by a little over ten years compared to humans, though, because of their lifestyle and living conditions.
>>385142002
>kills the father of Druidism and the son of the God of the Ancients
>this is heroic
>this negates selling out his race
>>
>>385142510
most orcs die from orc aids however
>>
>>385139364
I liked Garrosh, hated that they turned him EVULZ just to have a raid.

Would have been a good parallel between him and Varian: two different individuals that are incredible warriors but now have to be a leader for a united group of people. Would have been easy to warrant a distrust between them to further faction rivalry.

But no, Metzen wanted his insert to get married, have a kid, be a big part of killing Deathwing, and then personally take down Garrosh.
>>
File: 1483410448006.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1483410448006.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
>>385140667
>>385142848
>le current year
>people still copy-paste orcs onto edgy black jokes even though trolls fit the meme better
>the Zandalari are literally the "WE WUZ KANGZ" of Azeroth and people still don't update the jokes
>>
>>385140865
Players didn't like him, because he was totally unlikable. He was poorly written in every iteration, aside from his original BC introduction.

He was supposed to "Put the War back in Warcraft" But they made him obsessed with war for no particular reason, and he doesn't show any sort of thought or development beyond "SMASH ENEMY"

First thing he does when he's in charge is takes part of his father's shrine and fucking WEARS it as if he had any part in killing a pit lord. They easily could have put in a story of him helping defeat another pitlord, or some other greater demon, following Grom's footsteps or something.

He had one single moment where he was shown to have morality, I think it was a Cataclysm quest, but it was instantly forgotten.

Instead of making his character something like "Bringing honor to the Hellscream name, he can do better than his father." They just made him have the same exact flaws, with even less redeeming qualities.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.