[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WTF is going on with AAA single player games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

File: 122.jpg (216KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
122.jpg
216KB, 1000x1000px
WTF is going on with AAA single player games
>>
File: latest-4.jpg (48KB, 790x919px) Image search: [Google]
latest-4.jpg
48KB, 790x919px
>>385133574
Is it really that hard to figure out?
>>
File: ad.jpg (113KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ad.jpg
113KB, 1280x720px
with the amount of money GTA online made i bet the going and focus more online
>>
>>385133574
It's pretty much ouroburos except of a snake it's a pieve of shit
>>
They're getting absurdly expensive to make in the case of Fallout 4. So they dumb it down to reach as many people as possible.

MEA was a case of hiring for diversity rather than actual talent.
>>
I heard Andromeda runs like shit

is it true?
>>
File: you can't deny it.png (3MB, 1798x1082px) Image search: [Google]
you can't deny it.png
3MB, 1798x1082px
i think you mean WESTERN AAA single player games
>>
>>385134040
...and looks like shit and plays like shit and would probably smell like shit if it could
>>
>>385134238
As far as graphics go everything looks good except the characters.

It's like using old tomb raider skins in rise of tomb raider it just looks off
>>
>>385133574
Those are two examples of studios who have gone creatively bankrupt, and that's the answer. There's no real room for creativity in the AAA industry anymore.
>>
File: normie.png (274KB, 383x450px) Image search: [Google]
normie.png
274KB, 383x450px
>>385133574
>>
>>385133574
you buy the shit, people will keep making shit
>>
>>385134026
Andromeda was the first huge game made by a simple supporting studio who just made an DLC for ME3 (the Omega DLC) who was received very poorly.
They didn't even made a DLC right with the assets they had, so why the fuck EA thought outsourcing the actual talents for Anthem and let an untalented bunch of third grade developers develop the "big new game" from one of their biggest franchises would be a good idea? It's like they planned to kill the Franchise completely.
>>
>>385133574
They're becoming mmos
>>
>>385133574
Devs are trying to pinpoint the minimum level of effort they can put into a game before everyone just stops buying them.
>>
>>385134489
microtransactions and a pressure to capture the second wave of monetization (in the form of 'season pass' DLC) has led to developers releasing hollowed-out games where its hard to tell if content is missing because it will be sold later or precisely because the missing feature couldn't be sold in the first place.
>>
File: dev.jpg (256KB, 1634x530px) Image search: [Google]
dev.jpg
256KB, 1634x530px
>>385134489
Pretty much. The death of creativity signaled the death of memorable SP experiences. Western AAAs have no high-calibre directors left. All that you have now is some nu-male with a beard and thick-rimmed fake glasses doing the bidding of his masters while he goes to sleep telling himself he's fighting the good fight against Trump.
>>
File: Destiny_box_art.png (193KB, 275x317px) Image search: [Google]
Destiny_box_art.png
193KB, 275x317px
>>385134653
they found it
>>
>>385134581
I mean there was no real reason to make a new game when 3 absolutely sets it that it's the fucking end.

The whole plot of andromeda is stupid and feels like they made a new game just to milk the franchise a bit more. Can't wait to see how shitty the next dragon age will be
>>
>>385133574
With Fallout $ it's
>settlement building was a waste
>mmo/generated quality quests
>poorly done world
With Androgynous it's just a rookie studio gone to hell
>>
File: 1474513206942.jpg (69KB, 960x783px) Image search: [Google]
1474513206942.jpg
69KB, 960x783px
>>385134209
>>
>>385133693
Nah. SP eill be rock solid and theyre just going to keep sp alive. Though I dont imagine kids will enjoy it more than GTAO, just because of cars, weaponry and shit you can do there
>>
>>385134581
>They Diablo3'd it
>>
>Game is successful
>Board of directors says need to make more money
>if we appeal to all the demographics we make all the money
This usually works seeing as the best way to make a game successful is to just generate hype. Unsavory marketing and season pass shittery is slowly starting to affect sales statistics but you can still expect all sorts of assfucking from big publishers for at least the next ten years or at least until they find a new way to squeeze your wallet.
>>
>>385134209
You really wanna add pyre in there huh?

And for honor is fun when it works.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.