[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /v/ have a favourite rts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

File: crusader.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
crusader.png
1MB, 1366x768px
Does /v/ have a favourite rts?
>>
fun game but some of the dumbest AI i've ever seen making it so easy to cheese.
>>
total annihilation
>>
You just posted it
>>
im to dumb to into stronghold
>>
Probably have to give it to WC3, never spend so much time in multiplayer with any other game and I don't mean custom maps
>>
Age of Empires II is, gameplay and story wise, still the best.

Graphics are shit though, but having all those historical characters to play as is pretty cool.
>>
Halo Wars
>>
age of empires 2 is the best
>>
Planetary Annihilation Has made other RTS unplayable for me.
>>
>>385122391
is dis nigga serious
>>
>>385122251
>Faggot samefagging
>>
File: Starcraft (6).jpg (548KB, 2184x1368px) Image search: [Google]
Starcraft (6).jpg
548KB, 2184x1368px
StarCraft 2
>>
>>385121505
Wargame
>>
>>385122447
Yep.
>>
File: genconmay02nukec.jpg (64KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
genconmay02nukec.jpg
64KB, 800x600px
the one that has nuke cannons
>>
>>385121505
AoM
>>
Company of Heroes and its sequel.
>>
File: 256px-Sevenkingdoms2cover.jpg (27KB, 256x257px) Image search: [Google]
256px-Sevenkingdoms2cover.jpg
27KB, 256x257px
This game was my childhood.
>>
Age of Empires 2/Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds were my favorites as a kid and I played the absolute shit out of them. It's my favorite genre though so I've more or less played them all and loved most.
>>
>>385123001
Funny, in real life it was the Americans and not the Chinese who developed nuke cannons.
>>
Red Alert 2 probably. Too bad it's the mods that are more active on multiplayer than the base game itself. MO gets 200 players peaks while RA2 can't pass 25 these days.
>>
>>385121926
Wood and one type of food are you key concern in early game. Gold isn´t important younless you´re trying to rush weapon production and an army. Palisades and platforms are cheap and ueseful early game. If you have churches, inns, or extra food (which should be you absolute priority mid-game) don´t be afraid to set taxes just high enough to get net neutral happiness. It´s not like sometihng will knock the happines that far down suddenly, and you can always use the money.

As a random tip, placing enough execution tools that you get an efficiency bonus and a happiness reduction gives your troops a 5% reduction to deamage dealt ( I think, the game just calls it combat capability or something vague) per level. Relaxing things work the opposite way, obviously.
>>
brood war is the greatest game ever made
>>
>>385121505
Battle Realms
>>
>>385121505
TA
C&C Generals
COH1

all expansion packs are necessary.
>>
>>385121505
I love both of this games but:
>AI is incredibly dumb and don't offer any challenge whatsoever.
>Maps are too small. On most of the maps my and enemy castles stand too close to each other.
But building your castle is god tier, though easy.
And that music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDjj43dC1wE
>>
Rise of Nations
>>
>>385121505
Praetorians
>>
>>385121505
Besides this it's Company of Heroes and Pharaoh
>>
i have way too many RTS' i love but if i had to pick one i'd go with Age of Mythology.
>>
Been playing Sryian Warfare a bunch recently. I'm ready for the new expansion to come out.

Also Theatre of War is one of the best rts series.
>>
C&C: Generals
C&C: Red Alert
Age of Mythology
>>
>>385127714
>Sryian Warfare

what is this maymay ?
>>
>>385121505
Age of Empires 2
Someone remembers that RTS with 3 factions that can build mechas?
>>
No Supreme Commander

No Cossacks
>>
I'm too dumb for RTS games. Irregardless, Age of Empires II.
>>
>>385127749
>Generals
Babby's 1st C&C. Isn't worst C&C game only because C&C4 exist.
>>
>>385127829
The best urban combat in any rts. Blowing the fuck out of daesh with t-72's and thermobaric weapons is just plain fun. The building destruction is the best I've ever experienced.
>>
>>385128870
>implying red alert 3 wasn't also shit.
>>
>>385121505
Starcraft 2 was the only one I played not as a kid and consequently was the only one I was ever not absolute shit at. Got to a point where I was beating all the Golds I played and getting rekt by all the Plats and decided that was a good place to call it quits.

As a kid tho Empire Earth and Age of Mythology
>>
>>385122010
If you enjoyed melee you'd probably enjoy insane duo campaign my dude. That is, if you have a friend to play with you.
I don't recommend bothering with any other campaign than the Human one though, the others spike in difficulty too hard, it's almost impossible to beat them.
>>
>>385121505
Tiberian sun
Redd alert 2
Sup. commander: forged alliance

Can't really say in what order, but that's my top 3
>>
>>385126978
It always felt like the AI cheated in Battle Realms and the AI would turn the entire map into a city so goddamn fast.
>>
>>385127282
This. Best thing is not having to micro workers too much so you can focus on combat. The insane micro of AoE2 kills it for me
>>
I love old C&C, Supreme Commander series, Planetary Annihilation, AoEII, and Company of Heroes. Strangely Ive never been all that into Starcraft. Tried it competitively for a while and disliked it.
>>
File: offworld trading company.jpg (723KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
offworld trading company.jpg
723KB, 1920x1080px
space jew simulator all day every day
>>
They are all very different rts, so I'll list all 3

Tib sun for ion cannon
Starcraft for auir
Warcraft 3 for something need doing?
>>
Warcraft 3
>>
sins of a solar empire
rise of nations
offworld trading company
stronghold
>>
>>385130750
>sins of a solar empire

what makes that one good?
>>
>>385130813
Grand scale and fun battles to watch. Not many rts games challenge civilization in length. Although I consider it a 4x / rts.
>>
>>385130813
putting anonymous bounties on other players so they get attacked by space pirates
>>
>>385130750
For me it's because the scale and artstyle reminds me of Homeworld in 4x/rts form. The combat and basebuilding is fun, ship abilities are cool, research and diplomacy are much better than the average 4x game. In my opinion it's much better than even Stellaris, a game which claims to be all about diplomacy. Building space minefields to stop a massive pirate raid in its tracks is satisfying
>>
>>385121505
WC3 obviously.

I also played a shit ton of Rise of Nations as a kid
>>
>>385130813
>>385131112
>>
File: Army_Men_RTS.png (186KB, 256x311px) Image search: [Google]
Army_Men_RTS.png
186KB, 256x311px
>>385121505
Watered down RTS but still my favorite.
>>
>>385130813
Pissing off your friends by building radio stations and somehow taking over all their planets :^)
>>
>>385121505
>muh liege
>>
OFFICIAL MUST-PLAY RTS GAMES

C&C / RED ALERT / RED ALERT 2
DAWN OF WAR 1
WARCRAFT 3
SUPREME COMMANDER: FORGED ALLIANCE
AGE OF EMPIRES 2
>>
>>385123819
Yeah, but Americans in RTS are always the most technologically advanced nation, and the Commies are either the brute force unclean tech nation or sneaky backstabbing bastards.
>>
>>385131683
fuck how did I forget dark crusade

played the shit out of that campaign mode
>>
Sins of a Solar Empire stopped being fun for me when I found out the key to winning was just building shit tons of long range artillery vessels and a couple other types. Theyre so broken its insane. So I stopped playing.
>>
What do you guys think of Homeworld games? I got the remastered collection a few weeks ago but I couldn't get into it, at least not the first one.
>>
>>385131894
You mean the ships that specialize in destroying buildings? They can't fight back though so your enemy usually bum rushes them
>>
>>385132532
I only played the original Homeworld but it was fantastic IMO. Great story
>>
>>385132835
Nah theyre called Jarvis or something like that. They attack enemy ships at range. Mass them and their damage chews through everything.
>>
>>385121505
AoE 2
Brood War
WC3

Too many to pick. Hell, I'd probably enjoy any RTS if I gave them a try
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.