[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why won't Nintendo go third party already?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: 700.jpg (397KB, 1956x2068px) Image search: [Google]
700.jpg
397KB, 1956x2068px
Everyone would benefit from Nintendo going 3rd party. Games like BOTW would benefit from better technology and Nintendo would focus entirely on what they're best at which is making software.
>>
Nah, if they went third party there'd be no reason to buy Nintendo consoles at all.
>>
>>385120771
Don't you dare post todd like that ever again.
>>
File: chuckle bros what the fuk.png (1MB, 1173x1010px) Image search: [Google]
chuckle bros what the fuk.png
1MB, 1173x1010px
>>385121059
i think you might be missing the point anon
>>
>>385120771
Because most (if not all) of their consoles made money.
>>
>Everyone would benefit from Nintendo going 3rd party

Except for Nintendo themselves.
>>
>Nintendo's games aren't good enough to warrant buying a console for them
>They should go 3rd party so they can still be not good enough to buy but at least I can say they aren't holding the shitty games hostage
>>
>>385120771
>Wanting Sony to take BOTW and turn it into another shitty "Western Experience" Horizon Zero Dawn wannabe like Monster Hunter World
>>
File: 1497109280144.png (80KB, 686x686px) Image search: [Google]
1497109280144.png
80KB, 686x686px
>>385124458
Monster Hunter World looks great, no idea how you could be seeing problems.
>>
>>385120771
because nintendo are the apple of the video game industry

> lock you into their own ecosystem,which is weaker than industry standard and overpriced
> has a diehard fanbase consisting of faggots,normals and posers
> their brand survives entirely on nostalgia, marketing and the two and a half good things they've actually invented a long time ago
>>
>>385124826
>Ecosystem
The minute Nintendo tries to make me buy Nintendo phones and computers in order to play their games, I'm out. But just one console isn't a fucking ecosystem.
>>
>>385124752
It looks nice graphically, the gameplay looks like garbage.

It's somehow flashier than that piece of shit XX. At least FU and 4U still exist to play, maybe in 10 years MonHun can drop the retarded "Epic Action" nonsense X, XX and World seem to love.
>>
>>385125203
>the gameplay looks like garbage

Yeah, you're pretty retarded alright.
>>
>>385125140
apple isn't trying to make you buy an ipad if you already have an iphone either, it's just that their products are only accessible to their platform

buying a nintendo console (that is weaker than their current gen competitors) just to play nintendo games is something no rational person should do. it's not like they're even making games that aren't another rehash of a 20yo franchise
>>
>>385125268
Whatever, anon, enjoy your epic anime action.

At least the stupid anime attacks in X have cooldowns, it looks like World's are built into the moveset.

>25 minute gameplay trailer
>20 minutes is running around and using scripted environment to do damage
>>
>>385120771
The software only exists because of the hardware, dingus. Look how many different games Sega made back when they made consoles, and look at Sega now. They're a shadow of their former selves. Most of the good shit that carries the Sega brand now is only published by them, not developed.

The best thing about consoles is that they give games that would otherwise go under the radar a chance to shine. Steam is already oversaturated enough as it is, there are many good games on there that have been crushed under the weight of hundreds of meme games. We need multiple platforms in order to keep the industry healthy and preserve game variety.
>>
>>385125619
> We need multiple platforms in order to keep the industry healthy and preserve game variety.

we need idiots to stop buying consoles (bundled unchangeable set of hardware that lock you into a ecosystem) . PC can run any game that's out there and good game will thrive while bad games die.

exclusives are cancer killing videogames and hurting costumers
>>
>>385125837
Wow it's like you completely ignored my post.

>good game will thrive while bad games die

Like I said, Steam is proof of the exact opposite. It's FLOODED with bad games. There is zero quality control. Many of the good games get overshadowed by FotM meme games. When multiple platforms exist, there's less market saturation.
>>
Nintendo wouldn't be able to focus on making software since they need console sales to subsidize their projects. Otherwise you just end up with all your subsidiaries cranking out potboiler projects all the fucking time like Sega.
>>
>>385125995
steam has a wide variety of games, people will buy what they want to buy, quality control is in the hands of the costumer. he chooses what is shit and what isn't

> When multiple platforms exist, there's less market saturation.

multiple platforms means developers waste time and money porting/modifying their games to run on 2-3 different platforms that are all shit in their own way instead of using these resources to finetune their game. and these consoles have nothing good to offer besides a small pool of exclusives that are an abusive practice that hurts gamers, while these said retards praise consoles for their exclusives as if it's a good thing
>>
>sonybros salty that the cvckstation 4 still has no good exclusives
>>
>>385120771
>Everyone would benefit from Nintendo going 3rd party
Yes, less competition in the hardware market can only benefit us the consumer.
>>
>>385120771
No, stop being retarded
>>
>>385126267
How fucking dense are you? It's like you're not even reading his posts.

It's a simple fucking idea.
>>
>>385120771
>Why doesn't the market drop another competitor, monopolies are great! We want to have only one or two console manufacturers so they can rape our tight boipucci even harder. $100 games! how could I lose?
Retards like you shouldn't be allowed to use the internet.
>>
>>385120771
>Be Nintendo
>Release under performing consoles with shitty multi
>Release your biggest title yet in 720p and barely 60 FPS
>Jew and port every other game on your console because it has no games, even 6 year old Skyrim.
>on the other hand never release any of your games on consoles other than your own
Is Nintendo the most pathetic company in the industry?
>>
>>385128025
No, but sure you are the most pathetic anon around here. Congratulations.
>>
>>385125619
Sega has never been as rich as Nintendo though
>>
>>385120771
If their games are so good you should have no problem buying the console to play them on. If their games are good, but aren't worth the purchase then wait until there are enough of them. If it's just one or two sporadic games per generation you want to play but never enough to merit buying their console then it seems like they're making the right choice by producing consoles. If they went third party you'd only buy one or two of their games, but if they stay a console maker they can reap huge profits from selling hardware as well.

Basically Nintendo won't go third party until the profit they'd gain from selling games to people who don't buy their systems is larger than the profit they currently make selling hardware. And keep in mind hardware sales make over the top amounts of money and game profit margins are wafer thin.
>>
>>385120771
don't bring todd into this
>>
>>385125437
wow lol all those irrational people who want to play a 97 metacritic zelda game, fuck them right lol
>>
>>385127783
I don't think it'll ever get to be 1985 levels of shit saturation, though. There's too many old games that are nice that can still magically make money on top of the Japanese finally dragging their bloodied corpse onto the market.
>>
Because most times when a studio goes third party the games turn to shit because of the need to appeal to a wide market.
>>
>>385120771
Michael Pachter says so, but he's full of shit. The truth is that Nintendo won the seventh console gen hands down. Like it or not, their strategy is working for the only people who really matter to them - themselves.
>>
I just think it's hilarious how many people want Nintendo to go third party, but nobody says the same for Sony or M$
>oh, man I wish Uncharted came out on PC!
Said no one ever
>>
>>385134514
Sony helps fund studios like Naughty Dog and Guerilla Games. They don't actually make anything. Kaz doesn't have the experience that Miyamoto has.
>>
>>385134514
It's almost as if one of these companies makes actual good games and the other2 are carried by third parties because their exclusives are shit.
>>
>>385120771
But how would i buy Skyrim on switch if nintendo went third party
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.