[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Almost 2 years later, DLC releases, tons of mods, is this game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: Fallout_4_box_cover.jpg (33KB, 350x399px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_4_box_cover.jpg
33KB, 350x399px
Almost 2 years later, DLC releases, tons of mods, is this game finally playable? Is it at least decent?
>>
Not really
Mediocre everything combined with bethesda dragging their asses when releasing the creation kit ruined any hope for a decent modding community.
>>
File: 1487746023211.png (519KB, 575x803px) Image search: [Google]
1487746023211.png
519KB, 575x803px
>>385120678
It's dead. You wont find any mods that aren't anime garbage or memes.
>>
i like it
>>
For the last fucking time, it's not worth anyone's time.

>>385121727
This.
>>
>>385120678
Bethesda and decency do not mix anymore, in every meaning of the word.
>>
>>385120678
Its more shallow of a puddle than Skyrim
>>
It's a great game. That's why we have recurring threads every now and then almost ten years after its release.

Oh, sorry. I thought we were talking about New Vegas; the true Fallout 4.
>>
File: 1500835170326.jpg (125KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1500835170326.jpg
125KB, 1280x720px
NV is still better
>>
>>385121727
FROST?

>>385120678
Far Harbor was the only good dlc, and its better than the base game. rest are joke-tier
>>
>>385122507
>New Vegas; the true Fallout 4
I think you mean the true Fallout 3
>>
>>385122507
>it's a great game because the same autists start the same thread to discuss the same stuff all over and over again
>on /v/ of all places
>>
>>385122946
far harbor is small and ugly, the only thing that is good is the "institute" path
>>
>>385120678
It's fun, shallow fun. Like when you eat a full bag of chips, you kinda enjoy it but you know it's trash
DLCs are bad besides Far harbor which is quite decent actually (It's actually stolen content from a NV mod lmao)
Mods are really underwhelming on F4, it's like not even the most die hard bethesda fans were into it enough to deliver good stuff

Worth it if you just want to spend some time having "fun"
>>
>>385123098
>FNV thread.
>Post limit reached.
>fo4 thread.
>Literally, a shill, you, me, and a handful of anons trying to warn other anons about not bothering with a mediocre loot-based shooter.
>>
>>385120678

has terrible mod support
>>
File: Fallout4bad2.png (4MB, 1601x872px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4bad2.png
4MB, 1601x872px
Have they rebuilt the game from the ground up and changed literally everything about the game? No? It's not worth it.
>>
>>385120678
>>385121864
>>385123098
>>385123382

These posts brought to you by Bethesda's shill department. Now with paid mod support!
>>
>>385120678
I bought it the other day. I guess it's kinda fun if you like building useless bases and shooting at ghouls and shit.
I just wish there was a way to skip dialogues entirely
>>
>>385120678
vault DLC sucks
basebuilding DLC sucks
nukaworld was ok, but it fell flat immediately after finishing the quest, same for robot DLC, place is just empty, lifeless and boring.
>>
>>385123701
>hurr dure anyone disagreeing with me is a shill
>>385123407
>implying nv threads actually reach bump limit before 404 or archive
>implying nv threads aren't 50% todd/shillposting
>>
You either get paid to post or have shit taste. I hope it's the later.
>>
>>385120678
Just like with Skyrim, nothing can fix the subpar bethesda writing.

>Hate Newspapers
>>
>>385121997
Wrong. Prey was fucking great. Im looking forward to nu skyrim 2
>>
Why do NVfags shit up every 3/4 thread? Are you faggots this insecure after ten years?
>>
Not really enough content to warrant modding
>>
>>385120678
Base game is bad.
If you just want to mod in a bunch of guns and tits it's alright.
>>
>>385120678
A lot of the mods I've seen are trash. There's properly a few good ones there but haven't seen anything like some new vegas mods.

>>385124365
Except they do when triggered faggots such as yourself aren't losing their shit over the thought of someone talking about a old game. Would you rather e-celeb threads instead?
>>
>>385120678
No mods can change how incredibly fucking boring 4 is, I dropped it halfway through the game and I can't say that it was anything but boring.
>>
>>385130356
I'd take an e-celeb thread over another NV circlejerk any day of the week.
>>
>>385130820
thats pretty cancerous anon
>>
>>385130820
Kill yourself
>>
>>385120678
It's still pretty boring, you'll install a bunch of mods, play for an hour or two, then realize the story is mediocre, the gameplay while it improved the FPS aspect is still pretty mediocre, and that settlement building can be neat has no real effect.
>>
>>385130820
>I'd take people talking about e celeb's over someone talking about a game on /v/

Also every new vegas thread I've been a part there wasn't much Todd posting going on. Some of course but that's to be expected of anything fallout or elder scrolls related. A lot of the time people are just discussing the game, with cunts like you constantly spamming "Go back to /vg/ faggots!"
>>
>>385120678
Depends on what type of game you are looking for, if you want a decent fps with a handful of rpg elements slapped on it then yeah it can be fun. If you want an RPG with a good story and decent fps elements then you'll be disappointed.
>>
>>385131278
Fallout 4 is barely a decent FPS with almost no RPG elements
>>
File: 1470807715027.jpg (161KB, 960x850px) Image search: [Google]
1470807715027.jpg
161KB, 960x850px
>>385130820
>>
>>385120678
Pretty much what everyone else is saying, unlike NV, fallout 4 doesn't support roleplaying or more than one playthrough so there is less interest in modding it so unless you like waifu modding and settlement building its the same shit, shallow, poorly written game you played on release
>>
There's a point where the game goes goes quite suddenly from reasonably challenging to way too easy, even on the hardest setting.

The setting and writing aren't nearly interesting enough to make the game worth playing after that.

Another problem is that even the biggest monsters have terrible AI so it's too easy to take them down just by using the environment to keep them from attacking you.

Personally I didn't really find any of the factions likable either. One group is siding with robots against humans for sentimental reasons, another one is whiny losers who hang out in a suburb expecting you to bring them gibs, another has power armor and flying ships and still spend all their time turtling in their base instead of carving out even a tiny state for themselves.
>>
>>385120678
Fallout 4's DLCs aren't individually very good like Shivering Isles or Dragonborn, nor do they add up to something like New Vegas'. It's still riddled with bugs, some of which Bethesda claims to have fixed multiple times. Oblivion, Fallout 3, Skyrim, and New Vegas may crash but the individual components and systems (like quests and LOD) are all basically functional in those games. The kind of bugs found at launch are still there now; whole systems can go haywire without the player realizing it because the debug system will keep the game chugging along even through critical errors that can only be fixed by restarting the program. If you thought Fallout 4 was an unplayable game or a chore or whatever at launch, you're still going to think so now. The changes made aren't radical, and Fallout 4 needs something akin to Night of the Raven to fix it.

Mods can't fix Fallout 4 for a number of reasons. The Script Extender teams have hit a brick wall with the current versions of the engine. The Skyrim 64-bit release is now around 4 months behind schedule (and there hasn't been an update in 3) while the Fallout 4 script extender is missing a bevy of functions that will probably never see the light of day which Skyrim and New Vegas modders have taken for granted for years now. There's also some deep hard-coded problems that can't be changed without ripping out whole chunks of backend and rebuilding them from scratch, and a team that can do that is better off just making their own game.
>>
>>385121727
This. There isn't a single mod out there that can fix the roleplaying. Its an above average first person shooter at best.
>>
>>385133427
Also the only worthwhile and non-annoying companion is the dog you find literally ten minutes in.
>>
File: 1490259348631.png (268KB, 361x691px) Image search: [Google]
1490259348631.png
268KB, 361x691px
>>385130820
>i'll take a thread about a literally who over a video game thread on a board meant for video games
>>
Yes
Sarcastic yes
Maybe (Yes)
No (I'll say yes later)
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.