[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chibi Robo Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

How can there be so many bad design decisions made on one game?
>Add spinner that lets you skip levels; except it doesn't, it just makes it seem like it when actually it makes you replay levels unless you pay a small tax or have good timing.
>Add a figurine collecting feature, which adds more content and replayability. Except it's locked behind an amiibo when it has no reason to, locking a significant amount of content out if you buy the game digitally or used.
>Make the game revolve around a whip mechanic, making the game seem unique and interesting. Except it mostly boils down to bringing you to an uncancelable standstill and pointing a line at things, something that Yoshi games already do better.
>If the game doesn't pull a Fire Emblem and sell millions of copies, Chibi Robo as a series is cancelled
>If the game does sell millions, we are stuck with more shitty platformers instead of actual chibi robo games.
>>
>>385120006

Yeah, it's a shame there will be no more Chibi games after this. It was an extremely basic platformer but a good game for children I guess.

The GameCube one was so much fun and filled with character.
>>
>>385120006
I think they just really wanted the series to be dead
>>
Never played. I liked the GC one though.

Still that's a shame it's not very good.
>>
>>385120006

>we'll never get another Chibi-Robo game like the original

feels bad man
>>
File: chibi.png (79KB, 769x573px) Image search: [Google]
chibi.png
79KB, 769x573px
Reminder that the DS sequel got translated, and it's great
>>
>>385120927
They finished the translation patch? I can't believe I didn't hear about this. Thanks for the good news!
>>
File: Untitled.png (74KB, 765x573px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
74KB, 765x573px
>>385121071
They did, and it's pretty much everything you could want from a sequel to the original. Cleaning shit, fun characters, improved mechanics and everything. You can swing your chord around to reach far away plugs and shit.

I wish they continued along this path, instead of doing a bunch of retarded sequels that were nothing like the original.
>>
>>385120927
>>385121374
Was the other DS game any good?
>>
>>385121453
Park Patrol? God no. Instead of a big varied house with lots of fun platforming, it's one big flat garden you're running back and forth. It's no good.
>>
>>385121558
Welp. There's my answer. Thanks anon. I'll just play the translated DS Chibi game then.
>>
>>385120006
>If the game doesn't pull a Fire Emblem and sell millions of copies, Chibi Robo as a series is cancelled
>If the game does sell millions, we are stuck with more shitty platformers instead of actual chibi robo games.

This is what pissed me off the most. They practically set him up for failure. Chibi's "last chance" is a sidescrolling platformer that's absolutely nothing like the orginal game? Sure. Makes total sense.

>>385120927

I've heard about this. How can I play it? (Forgive me. PC/emultator retard)
>>
>>385122297
Download DeSmuME, a rom of the game, and the translation patch. Follow the instructions here and you'll figure it out.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/english-translation-for-okaeri-chibi-robo-happy-richie-%C5%8Cs%C5%8Dji.402028/
>>
>>385122546
Thank ya sir
>>
The game was such a chore to play with all the amiibo scanning and Miiverse codes and level spinners and replaying levels to get costumes and deliver snacks and repeat figures and fruitless fortune telling and pointless super moves. A majority of the game felt like filler to pad out the generic platforming. Even the amiibo itself is filler because it will never have a function in any other game. It was all a huge waste of time.
>>
>>385120006
This is also what I'm afraid will happen to Paper Mario.

Keep making shitty spin-off titles, having them suck. And then give it a "last chance" in the form of yet another game that's nothing like the original 2. And they'll keep wondering why it failed.
>>
File: utz.jpg (24KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
utz.jpg
24KB, 600x338px
>all of that candy product placement
Fucking awful. Getting an advertisement as a reward every time you find a collectable. I can't believe that Nintendo allowed this to exist.

>>385122870
It already has, to an extent. Two Sticker Star style games in a row, and it looks like this is the way they're going from now on.
>>
>>385123064
I thought the product placement in Pikmin 2 was rather cool, honestly
>>
>>385123901
In that game it made sense, since it made you understand just how small you were and it added to world building. In Chibi Robo Ziplash the reward for finding the stuff was to have the toys shill the product to you.
>>
>>385121374
If I'm not mistaken, it's an actual sequel to first one too, right? (Game takes place in an adult Jenny's house)
>>
>>385124742
Yeah, it's her and her son living in a sort of shitty house. Your goal is to buy furniture/fix up the house to make them happy.
>>
>>385125221
See? that sounds awesome. Chibi Robo had a story you could at least care about. I wonder if the game references other things. (What happened to Giga Robo, her parents, the toys from the first game, etc.)
>>
>>385126625
I think you'll be surprised. There are quite a few references.
>>
>>385122297
They said their intention was if ZL did well they would do a traditional entry

shit was fucked though
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.