[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hack and slash ARPG in Ancient mythological setting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: titanquest.png (417KB, 614x490px) Image search: [Google]
titanquest.png
417KB, 614x490px
Why have I never heard of this game before ?

Is it worth playing, /v/? Currently 80% off on steam
>>
Titan Quest is definitely worth 4 USD. End game build variety is a little tight, but if you like Diablo-clicking-simulator-loot-em-ups, you could do a whole lot worse.
>>
>>385111182
Was pretty good back in the day of diablo II clones but not good for today standards
>>
I bought this game full price when it came out and I didn't regret it at all. At $4 it's kind of a no brainer if you like ARPGs.
>>
>>385111182
>Why have I never heard of this game before ?

Because you're underage?
Titan Quest was infamous in its day because of its faulty DRM and the director's shitty attitude about it.
>>
It's pretty slow.
>>
>>385111182
Be sure to increase game speed otherwise it's painfully slow paced.
Overall it's a good game but I have to admit Im not very fond of the skill tree. It's unique (at least was at the time) but sort of unclear and hard to plan ahead builds without reading manuals, which I personally don't like (feels like spoilers).
>>
>>385112056
* By manuals I mean online build guides.
>>
>>385112037
The new Anniversary edition has a speed up option. It play like fucking lightning now.
>>
>>385111182
as a kid you might find it too slow and clunky
>>
>>385112168
>played through normal without realizing this
whoops
>>
>>385112056
That. I to this day have no idea what I'm doing with the skill/class trees. I fully admit I'm a shitter.
>>
>>385111958
"One of the copy-protection routines was keyed off the quest system, for example. You could start the game just fine, but when the quest triggered, it would do a security check, and dump you out if you had a pirated copy. There was another one in the streaming routine. So, it's a couple of days before release, and I start seeing people on the forums complaining about how buggy the game is, how it crashes all the time. A lot of people are talking about how it crashes right when you come out of the first cave. Yeah, that's right. There was a security check there.

So, before the game even comes out, we've got people bad-mouthing it because their pirated copies crash, even though a legitimate copy won't. We took a lot of shit on this, completely undeserved mind you. How many people decided to pick up the pirated version because it had this reputation and they didn't want to risk buying something that didn't work? Talk about your self-fulfilling prophecy."
-- Michael Fitch

What he never acknowledged was that the DRM triggered false-positives in legitimate copies all the time.
>>
>>385111856
>>385112297
https://forum.quartertothree.com/t/venting-my-frustrations-with-pc-game-dev/42627
>>
I have it and I love it, on GOG though. Any reason to double dip and get the steam version?
>>
>>385112168
Have they fixed rubberbanding, too?
>>
>>385112439

Their DRM was solely to troll pirates and it blew up in their fucking faces.
>>
>>385111182
we need more games with a setting like that
>>
>>385113531
If the drm didn't make the game outright crash and just had a pirate copy popup before closing itself all of that outrage could have been avoided

I wonder wtf they were thinking
>>
>>385113504
I haven't had any trouble with rubberbanding.
>>
>>385111498
I played it about 5 years ago and didn't like it, it felt too clunky and low-budget for some reason.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.