[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which Final Fantasy games would you consider to be must-play?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

Which Final Fantasy games would you consider to be must-play?
>>
>>385103898
IV, V, VI, VII, IX, X
>>
>>
none of 'em, 'cause they're all shit!
>>
All of them.
>>
File: 1500848450697.png (191KB, 392x755px) Image search: [Google]
1500848450697.png
191KB, 392x755px
Bravely Default only bitches!
>>
Persona 5.
>>
II
IV
IX
XII

These games objectively have the best mechanics.
>>
>>385103898
I, IV, V
>>
>>385104249
Is worse than P4 and fucking FF15

lmao
>>
>>385103898
4, 6, 9, 11, 12
>>
Just finished Bravely Default
The Haruhi summer was so worth it my dick was fucking hard the entire last section of the game
>>
>>385103898
VI, VII, IX. Mind you, most of the rest are good, (except VIII) but those 3 stand out.
>>
>>385103898

Dawn of Souls, 4-7, 9, 10,12, Tactics.
>>
>>385103898
I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XI, XII, XIII, XIII-2, LR XIII, XIV, XV, Tactics, World of Final Fantasy.
>>
>>385103898
1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 12, 13 Trilogy, honestly the sequels are much better than 13 itself and even then it's not as bad once you get past 20 hours long tutorial
>>
File: fuckoff.jpg (85KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
fuckoff.jpg
85KB, 300x300px
Why is there so many FF threads lately? These games arent even good, fuck off shills.
>>
I
III
IV
VI
VII
VIII
X
XII
XIII

Haven't played enough of V to know if it's good however.
>>
>>385107139
5 is literally 3 but better in every single way.
All of 3's themes and mechanics are reused in 5 but done much better to the point 3 literally feels like a pre-alpha of 5.
>>
7, 9, Tactics.
The rest are either "just okay" or straight up bad.
>>
Basically everything but 2, 13, 15 and the MMOs.

I'd recommend 11 but it's dead now.
>>
>>385106294
Forgot Mystic Quest and the Crystal Chronicles games
>>
>>385107117
>video games
>on MY /v/!?
>>
>>385107246
XIV is OK
>>
File: Ff8_logo.png (283KB, 650x529px) Image search: [Google]
Ff8_logo.png
283KB, 650x529px
Tell me about this game. I played VII and IX but never even tried this apart from 5 minutes.

I hear it's shit. Is it shit? I hear you can break the game unbelievably easy. Is it true?
>>
>>385103898
only one I ever played was 3 and it SUUUUUUCKED. seriously, I really tried to like it because my grandma bought it for me but fuck it's bad. Sorry, grandmama
>>
>>385103898
I'll say 1, Crystal Chronicle and Tactic.

II, IV and XIII weren't that good. Haven't played the rest
>>
>>385107380
The plot goes to shit a bit after disc 2 starts. The combat and junction system is fine early on unless you look up a guide and autistically grind. You probably will be obliterating everything with MC later on however.
>>
I, IV, VI and VII for historical value
V and IX due to being my personal favorites
>>
>>385103898
IV, V, VI, VII, IX, XV
>>
>>385107374
Outside of visuals it's about as bland as you can get. It's story is good for an MMO, but pretty bad compared to most final fantasies. FF11's story and design was much more interesting.
>>
>>385107380
It's pretty good, but many people don't like the plot, I think it's fine.
Also a lot of people just don't like quite a few of the things it does because the systems ahve some depth and require previous knowledge to do things optimally.
(Junction system, missable GFs, drawing, refining, scaling enemy lvls, need to get to endgame at lvl ~7 to max stats via some lategame abilities, can craft the ultimate weapons on cd 1, a million cryptic weird side quests about pressing x in the world map, magic is kind of meh, you can use limit breaks 24/7 just by having low hp and pressing O, etc)
It's probably one of the FFs that has the most mechanical freedom and interesting things, but /v/ calls anyone who likes that an autist these days.
>>
>>385107380
It's maybe the best story in the franchise up until disc 2 ends, and the worst story in the franchise after disc 3 begins.
The character growth system is insane, and not in an entirely good way. It experiments with some interesting things, but the way it discourages the use of magic by having it negatively affect your stats with each cast kills it for me. I really don't like how that affects the combat system, I like my characters to have more distinctive and set roles in battle like the classic Jobs of the franchise.
>>
File: 1498454384100.jpg (93KB, 852x854px) Image search: [Google]
1498454384100.jpg
93KB, 852x854px
>>385103898
Every single one except 13 and its sequel unless you intentionally want to cause brain damage to yourself.

>>385107380
It's whatever.
>>
VII, VIII and IX... the only good ones.
>>
>>385107246
XV is the only good one.
>>
Using an iPhone because reasons, any of them worth getting for iOS or are they all terribly optimized?

i got II way back when the iPod touch was still a thing and I still have it, part of me wants to attempt to try again
>>
>>385108128
>iOS ports.
They are all shit.
>>
>>385108128
The iOS version of IV seems to be based directly on the DS remake of the game, which many people are a fan of.
I hear the iOS versions of V and VI have nothing wrong with them gameplay wise, but the graphic changes are absolutely atrocious and they single-handedly kill the game for me, unlike the far prettier artstyle PSP remakes of I, II and IV.

Worst case scenario you could always get an emulator for your phone too
>>
>>385108128
Unlike Dragon Quest, all of the FF smartphone ports are terrible
>>
>>385103898

In descending order.

>IX
For any person on the planet. (Mostly because of the themes and ending only though. The game itself is boring.)

>VI and VII
For fans of games.

>V
For fans of RPGs.

>I, IV and X
For RPG historians.

Among the rest there are intriguing games, including my favorite, but nothing that is "must-play" material.
>>
Objective rankings:
1. FFV
2. FFVI
3. FFVIII
4. FFX
5. FFIX
6. FFIV
7. FFII
8. FFXII
9. FFVIII
10. FFXV
11. FFI
12. FFXI
13. FFXIII
14. FFXIV
15. FFIII
>>
>>385108602
I'm really struggling to find the reasoning behind this.
>>
>>385108602

>Best FFV
>Worst FFIII

This might actually have become the new most perplexing disparity I have ever seen in these lists. Please explain.
>>
>>385109792
another anon already explained for me
>>385107196
>>
>>385108602
You listed FF8 twice, there.
>>
>>385103898
VI, IV, VII, XIV
>>
>>385103898
Spin-offs only, except Revenant Wings. Mainline is shit.
>>
>>385109881

I can understand that. (Although I don't agree.) However you have to like the things in III in order to like them in V at least to some degree.

Unless it was actually a strict must-play list, instead of favorites list like the thread expects, in which case I jumped the gun in the heat of the moment and was out of line. I'm sorry.
>>
>>385110285
>However you have to like the things in III in order to like them in V at least to some degree.
there's little to like about that game. 5 is a game about playing around with all jobs throughout the game to prevail against interesting boss fights, even weaker ones like Geomancer never fall off a cliff and have their niche. III is a game of switching to newer better classes while the old ones become worthless. FF5 has fiestas, 3 doesn't. While similar on surface, in gameplay quality they are as night and day.
>>
Theyre all good. except 9. i made it to the end of disc 1, and that town with the auction house before i figured out it wasnt going to get good any time soon. But if i had to pick just one? 12 wins all day.
>>
>>385110653

Hmm. I guess it just doesn't bother me. I can like a transient Job System just fine. Finding equipment set for a certain Job and then playing that for a while until the next one comes along fills my greatest joy I get out of Job Systems, a need for frequent variety.
>>
>>385111451
>Having this much of a shit taste
Wew
>>
Since you are too retarded to do your own research, play the following: II, VIII, XIII, and X-2. Great games. Avoid the rest.
>>
I think the worst part about XIII is that it has an extremely sick setting what with magic being faustian pacts with gods and them having a quest they have to fulfill or they become zombies and the population hates them but in the sequels that's all shoved to the side for dude timetravel lmao.
>>
MUST PLAYS:
4, 6, 7, 9, 10, 12, Tactics

Highly Recommend:
1, 3, 5, 10-2, Tactics Advance, Crystal Chronicles
>>
>>385103898
VII and XII
>>
>>385103898
Any of the first 10 except maybe II.

>>385107380
Weak battle system, plot starts out cool then goes off the rails after the first disc, stupid soap opera love story hijacks the game etc.
>>
FFXV, considering how busy I am clocking 90 hours in it shows it's a great game
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.