[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Steins;Gate Thread (Name subject to change)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 2017-07-25-211816.jpg (185KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-25-211816.jpg
185KB, 960x544px
Obvious spoilers ahead, venture forth at your own peril.

So this is the choice of Steins:Gate? Was that ending really worth all of that suffering though? Thoughts?
I'm happy for Christina and Okarin, but I also wish the other girls would get their happy endings too.
I think this is the first game where I've honestly wished happiness for everyone involved from the bottom of my heart. Well foreign agents, throat slitters, French assholes and fatherly figures aside anyway.
I don't even regret crossing the Despair Event Horizon to get there.

Though I wasn't expecting a bittersweet story about how a 30 year old Chuunibyou patient saves the world, twice.
El Psy Kongroo.
>>
>>>/vg/
>>
>>385103275
Oh sorry. Far be it from me to discuss video games on a video games board. I wouldn't dream of it.

That was sarcasm in case you couldn't tell because it's text, or in case you lack general reading comprehension.
>>
I failed. I failed. I failed. I failed. I failed.
>>
>>385103451
a visual novel isnt a video game you autist
>>
File: but that's wrong, you retard.png (16KB, 1380x165px) Image search: [Google]
but that's wrong, you retard.png
16KB, 1380x165px
>>385106006
>>
>>385106006
but BBC/cuck threads are ok
but frogposting is ok
but "what did he mean by this" threads are ok

Ebin, simply ebin
>>
>>385106212
i never said they were ok :-)
>>385106165
its a choose your own adventure is not a video game, posting a wiki image means nothing when anyone can edit it :-)
>>
>>385106793
>posting a wiki image means nothing when anyone can edit it
Then that means RPG games aren't games too, unless you're able to find the definition outside of wikipedia.

>:-)
Thanks for making it obvious you're trolling
But thanks anyway for the bumps <3
>>
It was pretty decent.
Suffering was happening at some point regardless of actions taken. Okarin didn't procrastinate and went right in like the based lad he is.
He really pulls everything together. Though there are a few things that could have been better, like communicating his infatuation with Chris before the end. Also the context of the Suzuha ending was a bit wasted as its own end and should have somewhat been incorporated into the main route.

All side endings were stupid and pointless beyond maybe the first and its consequence not being negative on a meta level, just completely overhauling his life.

For something that needs its true ending, the email system you go through to get it is annoying.

None of the characters outside of the main four + suzuha are that good. But four good characters is still pretty gold.

Certain parts were paced oddly. Like the threat mail, which had a proper reaction, offset by a realistic distraction; but then put a bit too out of mind.

It definitely nailed the exact right amount of time travel memery to present to the audience while leaving the more interesting but messy stuff open to interpretation(what happens to the other line when he jumps? etc.)

Also while the story we got was great. It's still kinda stupid that the villains are still there and still doing horrific shit. It's just that they were stopped in that they'll give up in like twenty years.

Also while Okarin's despair and his hiding it and the good presentation of his mood shifting is all good and really engaging, I cared most about the story back when they first uncovered the secrets. It(and the threats) were the only genuinely spooky moments. It makes sense that the characters in question aren't going on your typical action adventure stealth mission, but they could've directly involved horrible experiments a bit more.

>>385103235
>30 year old
>>
>>385107239
Oh also the ending was written well in that everyone else's memory retention didn't have much attention drawn to it, that the very ending scene had nice impact as you were otherwise drawn into Okarin's "I saved her but she's a stranger" mindset.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.