[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fucking miners

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: msi-gtx-1060-gaming-x-6gb-gddr5.jpg (143KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
msi-gtx-1060-gaming-x-6gb-gddr5.jpg
143KB, 800x800px
>Big bonus AT WORK
>an entire week off
>lets buy a GPU and play my backlog
>OUT OF STOCK
>OUT OF STOCK
>OUT OF STOCK

FUCK YOU BITCOIN MINERS
GET A JOB
>>
>>385100978
Doesn't mining just require leaving your PC alone for months at a time? I'd say it's quite likely they have jobs, otherwise I'd imagine that would be quite the inconvenience.

Or if they built a second PC exclusively for mining, well that takes money, and that money has to come from somewhere.
>>
>>385101078
Oh yeah, technically they have jobs.
They earn like 1$/day after a year of electricity bills and burning gpus.
The majority of bitcoing miners are kids living with their parents.
>>
>>385101078
lol yeah but 1 pc will never cut it dude. to give you an idea there's a youtube video showing how a chink spent 250k buying a warehouse in the middle of nowhere, and about 10,000 pc's with hi end gpu's to mine about 25 bitcoins a month, I think he made his money back and more in less than 6 months, electric bills included. he hires a few dudes/cofounders to live in the warehouse for weeks at a time as 'security' and they just play shadowverse all day to make that money. they throw away like a dozen pc's every so often and have accumulated piles of busted pc's
>>
File: 1495647015502.jpg (17KB, 285x279px) Image search: [Google]
1495647015502.jpg
17KB, 285x279px
>buying "OC" versions of midrange cards
>>
>>385101078
>I'd say it's quite likely they have jobs
yes, playing moba while hoping nothing breaks
https://youtu.be/K8kua5B5K3I?t=8m5s

miners are either chinks trying to bank or basement dwellers buying 5-6 480s to make a few digital bucks. Anyone with a proper job would be either saving or making proper investments instead of mining the meme currency of the month
>>
>>385101379
>>buying "OC" versions of midrange cards
older mid range gpus saw up to 20% perf increase with OC, you'd be right if referring to 1000 series and rx alone, since they overclock poorly and dont give that much of a boost, and that's for high end as well
>>
>>385101705
Yeah but if you're not retarded you can do that yourself instead of spending another $50 on the meme edition.
>>
>>385101265
Fuck, I should move to China. Getting paid to live in a warehouse full of PCs and just playing games to pass the time sounds pretty great.
>>
>>385101803
I wouldnt OC a reference blower
>>
>>385101987
Well fortunatly nvidia went full jew and AMD doesn't know how to make a power connector so the reference blowers aren't worth buying anyways.
>>
>>385100978
>big bonus
>wants to buy a 1060
It wasn't that big.
>>
>>385103367
for you
>>
Did you work is a Chef at Wendy's for < $7.5 an Hour OP?
>>
>>385100978
>Bitcoin miners
You mean Ethereum. It's not been profitable to GPU mine Bitcoin for about 4+ years now since ASICs. And neither is Ethereum since none of the people who buy GPUs to mine seem to have the faintest clue about difficulty retargeting and how they'll asymptotically never even break even and might as well use their computer for something productive and/or fun.
>>
>>385103367
blame my mortgage
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.