[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are good games for practicing languages?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

What are good games for practicing languages?
>>
Pokémon. And Zelda BotW too.
>>
File: Super_Star_Adventures.jpg (123KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Super_Star_Adventures.jpg
123KB, 640x640px
>>385100164
Here's a good one
>>
>>385100305
Constructive response, I'll check it out.
>>
What are some good games to practice Japanese?

I'm only 5 month into learning it, and I'd like to avoid having to read Hiragana only text it hurts my brain.
>>
>>385101035
I'm a French learner, so it's a lot easier for me, but isn't Japanese like one of the hardest languages to learn from an English speaking perspective? How you finding learning it? Maybe games for younger people will be best? (Pokémon, animal crossing etc.)

I find trying to play games with abstract jargon really hurts my head. I try to stay away from rpg's and vn's for that reason but might move onto them when I'm a bit better.
>>
>>385101394
>French
I've completely given up on French after my mandatory high school french classes
no interest in it whatsoever for some reason

>but isn't Japanese like one of the hardest languages to learn from an English speaking perspective?
I can't really tell with english, I'm german but native russian, so mostly I have no idea about specific grammar and the like and just speak intuitively and from years of experience shitposting on 4chan
but I find Japanese to be surprisingly easy, at least up to now the grammar is much, much more forgiving than german grammar (I think there's some truth to the term grammar nazi)

>How you finding learning it?
japanese is really fun after you get the hang of it, the language really opens up to you if you put the effort in
talking to cute japanese girls online is also the shit

I think most people are scared of the 2000+ Kanji but I'm using AnkiDroid (flash card app) and that system is just fucking phenomenal
you remember shit you never even knew you remembered

and once you know Kanji it's an absolute pain to read anything that isn't Kanji
you can even guess the meaning and pronounciation of words you see for the first time, lotsa fun

pokemon and animal crossing use hiragana only as far as I know, they're for kids after all, thinking of checking out persona
>>
>>385101394
I think it's mainly because Japanese is a tonal language. Anglos have a hard time since they use the simplest language in the world, no toning, no gender pronouns on objects, simple grammatical structure, etc. There's a reason it's the most popular language, anyone can easily learn and use it.
As a Greek, Japanese feels way too similar even if it uses a completely different alphabet but I can see why it would be confusing to other people.
>>
>>385101970
That's neat that you're finding it so easy. I had a Jap friend explain that Japanese grammar and language is very mathematical, and tends to break the rules a lot less than European languages. I also use ankidroid and it's good shit.

I started learning French so I could read French authors but I'm a lazy piece of shit who's too tired after university to read so I just play Vidya. There's just like no (good) French games where it's the native language so I'm always trying to wrestle with shitty translations and localisations. I guess Japanese is good in that sense as you have almost endless choice in regards to games you can play.

Also persona is super good and worth playing + there is a shit tonne of reading in it.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.