[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Once excellent series that fell from grace

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: file.png (84KB, 1023x678px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
84KB, 1023x678px
ITT: Once excellent series that fell from grace
>>
You start. GT is as solid as it's ever been and ever will be. The biggest issue with GT is the fact that it never fucking releases
>>
>>385098659
GT started neglecting graphics as well. There was a time when the GT games had literally the best graphics in all of console games. Now they're second rate graphics that look a half gen behind the times and look like shit compared to other racing games.
>>
>>385097350
I havent played since gt3, which i loved. What happened?
>>
>>385097350
Silent Hill is probably best example.
>>
>>385097350
Forza has always been better. Who wants to drive only Jap Cars? lol
>>
>>385098992
they focused too much on realism, & GT mode got way too linear.
>>
>>385099135
Too bad forza's driving is literally some of the worst ever made
>>
>>385099135
t. someone who didn't play GT
>>
>>385099242
>GT is not biased towards japanese cars.
t. Polyphonypony
>>
>>385097350
All of them
>>
>>385097350
>hot opinions incoming
GT1 was a smash hit and really showed off what the PS1 could do
GT2 improved on GT1 in many regards and I can't think of any downgrades off the top of my head
GT3 and GT4 were similar for the PS2 era, I would think that GT4 was probably a bit too big for its own good
GT5 was okay, graphically not showing off as much as it could, UI wasn't great, the two tiers of cars weren't great but understandable
GT6 made some improvements over 5, UI was a bit better but still shitty, barely added any new cars or improved enough to the higher standard, removed endurance races which are my favourite
Licenses need to be revamped or removed, they are played out
Forced rolling starts are just to give the AI a stupid advantage at some levels, rather than being able to race a similar powered or more unique car you need to race the best possible available to overcome the +40second head starts you sometimes see in 5 minute races
AI needs to be improved massively, GT6 races are just snakes of cars following a pre-determined line - I think they should have some more aggressive AI patterns, some more risky AI patterns (including crashing out)

I wont be buying GT Sport
>>
>>385099135
>Forza first released 2005

I agree with the Jap comment though, I don't want 5000 variations of shitty Suzuki Altos from the early 90s.
>>
>>385101202
patrician opinions

It just seems Sony don't see GT as a worthwhile series anymore. Since 4 they just never seem to talk about or advertise them.

Like >>385098908
said, GT used to be the benchmark for console graphics. They used to be big deals.
>>
File: 9deba710f96374d27e9b3c595dd0259b.jpg (428KB, 1277x722px) Image search: [Google]
9deba710f96374d27e9b3c595dd0259b.jpg
428KB, 1277x722px
>>385099195
Forza is better than Gran Shitizmo Sport in every way
>>
>>385101602
come on man, it's Gran Autismo now, get with the times
>>
File: just fuck my shit up bonnie.jpg (162KB, 1120x675px) Image search: [Google]
just fuck my shit up bonnie.jpg
162KB, 1120x675px
>Turd 10 shills are on /v/

Go back to bed, Mr Greenawalt.

To go back on topic, pic related.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.