[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GameDev education

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: illust_63940122_20170720_135757.jpg (3MB, 2630x3675px) Image search: [Google]
illust_63940122_20170720_135757.jpg
3MB, 2630x3675px
So, i have a choice between
https://www.hal.ac.jp/english (Japan)
and
www.digipen.edu(USA)

What is most cool for gamedesigners?
>>
>game design school
>>
>>385090627
because wonderful gamedesigner need to know and apply all actual information that exist in the world
>>
yeey
>>
>>385090882

There's already an overabundance of game designers. Learn something useful instead of leaving yourself no choice but to enter a fucking terrible industry. If you still want to enter the gaming industry after you learn something useful, go right ahead. But at least give your future self the option of doing something else.
>>
>>385090467
Japan is cute and cool
>>
Actual game designer here
Don't fucking do that anon, don't.

REALLY don't.
Go in a programming school, do several game projects on the side, then apply to GD positions.
>>
>>385095112
Thanks for answer but why do not?
I think it is very interesting and nice to balancing games, create them fresh , with cool experience and etc
>>
>>385095312
Cause you will learn more about game design from /v/ than a school you have to pay tuition to go to.
>>
>>385095312
First, most, not to say all, "game design schools" are hacks which will teach you nothing very useful at a premium price.

I know, I did one and I regret it dearly, sure now I'm a game designer, but I don't think the school was worth it because I could have been a GD also by doing another school, like tech or whatever, which offers me much more possibilities if even working in gaming doesn't work out. And it doesn't for a lot of us, beleive me, many of my friends I had at this school ended up in "testing" where they wish everyday they could kill themselves.

You want a real advice?
Do a real school, and make game projects on the side.
Full small games, custom levels, mods, all of these things have much more chance to net you a GD position than any other school.

Secondly there's way too much of us on the market now, every employer ask for 3+ years of experience for a begineer position, and it's harder and harder to find one.

Also, like >>385095389 kinda said, everybody think they can be a designer.
The truth is, everbody is a designer, but VERY few are actually competent at it.
>>
File: HAL NAGOYA.jpg (87KB, 1459x821px) Image search: [Google]
HAL NAGOYA.jpg
87KB, 1459x821px
>>385090467
HAL got a cooler commercial.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt8YoTlgCdU

I think they also got a 100% job attachment rate because of their relationship with Capcom and Bandai.
>>
File: illust_63822801_20170715_003618.jpg (946KB, 825x1000px) Image search: [Google]
illust_63822801_20170715_003618.jpg
946KB, 825x1000px
>>385096454
Thank you , thats really nice
>>
>>385095112
Pretty much what this anon said.

Gamedesigner degree is just as useless as the latest vlogger degree. There's just so much you can learn differently and on your own that makes it pretty obsolete. Quite a few degrees are like that. For game design, I highly suggest programming. Art isn't even worth mentioning as it heavily relies on a lot of practice. Also, programming gives you so many other options for your future career.
>>
File: morser.jpg (394KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
morser.jpg
394KB, 768x1024px
>>385097604
>ignore all the good advice from people with experience
>heed just the advice that recommends one over the other based upon a fucking commercial
>>
>>385099897
Let him go.
They're all like that.
>>
>>385099897
>already objectively sets his mind on either two options
>Giving him a third option
>he ignores third option

Why would you have thought otherwise?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.