[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Residen Evil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1491093567406.jpg (179KB, 865x530px) Image search: [Google]
1491093567406.jpg
179KB, 865x530px
Can we all agree that the first Resident Evil was actually not bad?

Sure it went downhill fast after that but the first one didn't suck.
>>
It's still pretty dumb, but in a fun way. I liked 3 because of the Mad Max vibe for part of it. The rest are irredeemable garbage. What number are they up to, anyway?
>>
>>385082771

Neither was the first MK movie. It had some legitimately awesome sets, and the animatronic Goro costume was sick

I wish they did everything like that instead of using CGI. They used CGI for Reptile and it's the cringiest part of the movie
>>
>>385082913

I'm currently on 4, and it's getting really really hard to endure.

The first one was good fun (but that might be at least partially nostalgia on my end).

Two was a step down, but it was a lot more action with a lot less of "spoopy zombies". Which I kinda' digged.

Three was where the quality really descended into freefall. This was around the time I started questioning where they were getting the money for this shit.

Four I'm watching now and let's just say that I'm not really sitting on the edge of my seat.
>>
>>385082771
The first Resident Evil is a genuinely fantastic action movie, and the sequels range from unimpressive to solid. Paul W.S Anderson is a pretty good action director, 100% Armond White approved.

>>385083049
Third movie had a new director. I blame that on the decline. Also it's clear that each movie was intended to be the last one, forcing the premises to get more and more retarded to justify more plot.
>>
>>385083153
>forcing the premises to get more and more retarded to justify more plot

You may not have played them, which is fair they're not that good, but you have no idea how perfectly this reflects the video game series.
>>
>>385082771
Claire was really hot and so was Rain. So was that Crystal who was a swimmer.
>>
>>385082771
you watched recently? is pretty fucking bad
>>
>>385083153
Also DOOM is really good. The Rock has always been fantastic, it just took people a long time to realize. It's a perfectly acceptable 6.5/10 John Carpenter knockoff.

>>385083224
I have. The games might be retarded, but at least they didn't kill off the entire planet and then make another 5 installments and counting.
>>
>>385083283

The best part of Doom by far was those 15 seconds of POV footage. Fuck that was well edited and directed. The only time the movie even approached "great" up from "okay" was in those precious seconds.
>>
File: 1479146275911.jpg (339KB, 998x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1479146275911.jpg
339KB, 998x1500px
Posting best girl.
>>
File: 1473165445982.jpg (25KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1473165445982.jpg
25KB, 400x300px
>>385083224
>>385083283

The only REAL problem I had with the RE movies was that they seemed so hellbent on dragging people in from the games.

And don't get me wrong, a little fanservice can be fun, but when they pulled some literally who in to completely fuck up Leon's personality I was deeply triggered.

The first movie felt (somewhat) like it tried to do it's own thing. Which I kinda' respected.
>>
File: 1466661991747.png (3KB, 186x186px) Image search: [Google]
1466661991747.png
3KB, 186x186px
>>385083153
>The first Resident Evil is a genuinely fantastic action movie
>genuinely fantastic

Get some fucking taste. It's budget tripe

>lamest R-rated movie ever made, almost PG-13 tier violence
>No bullet holes, squibs, or any real aftermath to people being shot despite being R-rated
>shitty sound design with awful gunshots/general sfx and garbage """"heavy metal""" playing
>cheap sets and close shots because nobudget
>Lightning-tier Mary Sue OC that's literally the director's waifu added to the film
>retarded 3-years-late Matrix inspiration with Alice doing wallruns into slow-mo kicks, slow-mo bullet cams, etc.

It's passable for the cash they had and the source material (which they mangled anyways), I feel sorry for you if it's within the bracket of "genuinely fantastic action movies" for you
>>
>>385083754
>garbage """"heavy metal""" playing

Now you are free to suck as much dick as you want Anon, but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ4JoovKWCU is a cool song.
>>
>>385083856

Marilyn Manson would be my last pick to be the soundtrack to RE anything, but at least it's an original track without vocals
>>
>>385083620
I think that Barry being played by Kevin Durand doing his weird psuedo-Ukrainian accent from The Strain was probably the worst example of this. He just looked and sounded so wrong and did nothing to really justify his presence in the movie.

>>385083371
My favourite part is actually before they get to Mars. The team are fun and the buildup is really well done.

>>385083754
>t. favourite movie is Mad Max: Fury Road
Resident Evil probably has one of the best original aesthetics in the history of action movies. The white fluorescent lit interiors and sterile labs still look great and a few of the action setpieces were really cool, the train, the room with the pods, and of course the laser hallway were all great. I don't think that bullets punching holes in people and exploding heads would have added much to the movie, and Anderson didn't marry Jovovich until after this movie, they met filming this one. And she didn't become a retarded superhero until the second one, where they turned her into lady Snake Plisken for the lulz.
>>
>>385083754
>lamest R-rated movie ever made, almost PG-13 tier violence

Is there even any real gore other than the laser room? Even as a babby I remember thinking the gunfights looked pathetic, zombies just dropped to the ground bloodless
>>
>>385084071
>And she didn't become a retarded superhero until the second one, where they turned her into lady Snake Plisken for the lulz.

Dude what the fuck

Alice was a black hole Sue from the very first movie

Why is this literally who eclipsing the entire series with everyone being related to her somehow

And that fucking Nemesis drop at the end of the movie (which in the sequel we got to see in his retarded glory)

Alice was ENVISIONED to be "eh, this RE thing is cool I guess, but I wanna do shit with my OC. I'll add some fanservice for these vidya nerds, though"
>>
>>385084372
Anderson decided to try making a RE movie because he liked the games. It was just supposed to be the one and it was only meant to be a prequel which would show off some of Umbrella's old attempts at creating super-people without messing with what the games established. It only became a weird alternate universe thing after the first movie made a shitload of money and the studio asked for more.

And she can't be eclipsing the series because it's her series. Don't try to reconcile what's happening in the movies with the games, they're two different things which happen to share names and freely take ideas from each other.
>>
It was an alright first movie. I even like the second one.

It pretty much should have stopped right there though. They'd wrapped up what happened to Matt, and Alice hadn't gone full Neo mode yet.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.