[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starbound

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

File: starbound.jpg (28KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
starbound.jpg
28KB, 460x215px
Is it still shit?
>>
It was never shit, but it was also not very good.

I enjoyed playing through it once.
>>
>>385080401
i liked it. if you enjoy any type of space exploration its an ok game
>>
It's even worst.
>>
>>385080401
zero point in building a base on a planet when you have a ship, and no real bosses or mobs with drop rewards to strive for a goal. 5/10
>>
>>385080931
This is a good thing, base building is the worst part of terraria
lets me get on with the game instead of putting up with minecraft
>>
>>385081878
uhhh yeahhhhhh about that
>>
>>385082234
go back to 'releasing' your next update Red
>>
File: 1500272034982.jpg (86KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1500272034982.jpg
86KB, 720x720px
>>385080401
I've only been able to play this game for about an hour at a time before shelving it for a few months. I don't know why but I didn't find it anywhere near as engaging as Terraria was.
Should I just try harder to settle into it or just leave it be?
>>
>>385080876

How so?
>>
I wish there were actual good games where you can play as bird people
>>
File: all my disgust.jpg (132KB, 724x1400px) Image search: [Google]
all my disgust.jpg
132KB, 724x1400px
>>385082352
>>385081878
>not liking the base building, mine carts, teleporters, and all manner of complex machines you can make with wiring and actuators, not even thinking about the possible housings and furniture for your NPCs
>>
>>385080401
Yes it's still fucking shit, as much stale and factual news like water is wet.
>>
http://thoriummod.gamepedia.com/Thorium_Mod_Wiki

just get this and have 100 times more fun
>>
It's still shit and will always be shit
>>
>>385083170
Don't forget the Calamity and spirit mods. They offer the least amount of conflict between mods.
>>
Starbound and Minecraft has the same pattern
Before Beta 1.8.1 = Early Access game (hype)
After Beta 1.8.1 = End of early access (shit)
>>
>>385083170
Doesn't Calamity mod make Thorium completely obsolete?
>>
I like how this shit game still somehow runs worse than terraria, the FPS jumping all over the place even with mod that remove shadows gives me a headache.
>>
>>385083820
It depends really. They both have their unique bosses and item drops.
>>
>>385080401
Its still shit, the mechas was a good thing but the stations/asteroids/pirate are ALMOST THE SAME FUCKING MAP OVER AND OVER, seriously, pirate the last version and check it out, is fucking boring to hell
>>
>>385083820
shit like the bard and healer willl be rendered pretty useless damagewise post moonlord
>>
I haven't played it for a LONG time.
I still haven't forgiven the devs for being fucking terrible during updates.
I want my fucking money back god damnit.

If the game has become a comfy space exploration game with combat then I MAY forgive them.
>>
>>385084168
is bard finally implemented?
also healer was fucking OP
>able to get 90% damage reduction
>>
>>385084456
yeah, update came out like a week ago
>>
>>385080401
I wish the puppy killer faggots at Chucklefuck went belly up from this trainwreck but thanks to Risk of Rain and Stardew Valley, both good games not really having to do with nobody at Chucklefuck they leeched enough publisher shekels to continue.
>>
Lets get this out of the way

Terraria flaws
>MMO tier drop rates
>No proper postgame, you beat the moon lord, now do it again
>has as many mods as the PS3 had games
>endgame "melee" is a joke
>FF artstyle on the sprites
>Has teamed with fucking conmen (edge of space, pixel pirates, and Tiy)

Starbound flaws
>"lore"
>ships make building near pointless
>Killed a puppy
>Goon secret forum
>generally been downgrading the game with every update
>>
>>385084791
Now I'm not saying Starbound is better but dear god Terrariafags can not take Red's dick out of their mouth
>>
>>385084973
>a post that is all about flaws
>terraria has more flaws listed
>"IM NOT A STARBOUND FAN BUT WOOOOW TERRARIA COCKSUCKERS"
kek
>>
As someone who knows nothing about Starbound, can someone explain the "kill a puppy" thing.
>>
>>385085104
okay, I'll add more

>banned people for calling out their bullshit on their forums
>the almost year long drought of no updates

Now it's 6 to 7, do I need to add more or are you okay now.

>>385085201
What it says on the tin, Chucklefish bought a puppy for their office and let it sleep near power cords, said pupper has never been seen again. Almost everyone thinks the dog got into the cords and got fried
>>
>>385084791
>mmo tier drop rates
The only hard drop rate items are mostly novelty shit you don't need to progress like the Rod of Discord, The Axe or mount items like the crystal apple, everything you can craft yourself or get after doing an event or bosses 3-4 times.
>no proper postgame
Moonlord and the Celestial event is as post game as it gets because to get that point you'd have to geared up all the way from 1.2's content and events. And if your still unsatisfied there's many mods out there like Thorium or Calamity or that ridiculous mod that has the jungle God of life's pet dragon.
>FF style on the sprites
This is a flaw? Well it's a staple to the game now and it was because of that fedora wearing fuck TiY anyway.
>melee is a joke
Can agree but how fucking far can you go when pretty much everything does contact damage except you? There's a reason post-Hardmode weapons are all projectiles.
>>
>>385084973
Ok TiY, soon as you stop being butthurt, accept your game needs better movement and combat features, and cant survive on the mundance planetary exploration thats essentially the same fucking planet types over and over again, and worthless furniture and worthless treasure. Mods cant help a game thats fundamentally flawed at its core.
>>
>>385085104
Ignore him anon, it's just Blue being buttmad
>>
>>385084791
This guy isn't wrong. I supported pixel piracy and starbound while they were in early access. Pixel Piracy became an unplayable mess and starbound somehow got really fucking bad.
>>
>>385085201
TiY's eggplant for a brain girlfriend got a puppy, posts it on the Starbpund forums in a box with an electric blanket. Having the smarts of a gradeschooler not paying close attention to a teething pupper it chew's on the wire of the blanket and fries, fucking Muppet then chucks it in the bin, let's another one and pretended nothing happened.
>>
>>385085418
Even if it is just novelty items does a single player game need a .5% drop rate on any item? And when I talked about proper postgame I mean an ending, unless you cheat or build large stopgags there's no way to stop the corruption/hallow/etc from getting into your base. A moonlord drop should have been an item to turn that shit off. You're right about Tiy, he's the world biggest faggot

>>385085419
Terraria could lose the crafting, building, and open world-ness and be a better game than it is now but your points on Starbound is right
>>
>>385086285
Not that guy, but if I may intervene.

>Even if it is just novelty items does a single player game need a .5% drop rate on any item
It's more of a problem with games dependent on RNG in general, but yes it's something that could be improved. It's to counter the fact that with alot of the enemies you will be fighting hordes of them, so if drop rates were high you'd have tons of the same item, making it feel less special.

>there's no way to stop the corruption/hallow/etc from getting into your base.
All you have to do is either make a tiny "fireline" (where you blow up a couple of blocks) to separate your base, or do what I did on my first playthrough and make an airship. If you have at least 10 NPCs, harpies and wyverns won't spawn. Also, the clentaminator does a fine job at cleaning up whatever corruption and hallow garbage has corrupted, and if I remember correctly, killing Plantera severely hampers the ability for these things to spread.
>>
>>385083170
The bosses feel really half-assed, that alone made me give up on the mod.
>>
>>385087298
Regular mode bosses are pretty lackluster, but I can attest that they get alot better. in particular the Lich is an amazing boss.
>>
It's not as shit, it's actually an okay experience. it even has mods.

But, let me tell you
The main story is shit. Literally "an ancient even has awoken'
The main quest is 50% shit. half the quests are neat instanced dungeons that you can't just dig through. the other half are "go around and scan shit untill I say it's time for the fun mission'
The game's progression is literally scan shit > mission >scan shit > mission > scan shit > mission >scan shit > mission

The best aspects of this game are aesthetic character customization (the armor selection in the game is extremely linear, sadly, but you can have fun making yourself look neat) and building (starbounds building is extremely fluid, I'd say it's the main thing it has over terraria).

Mods add a lot to the game, but the biggest mod is a minecraft teir autism factory mod. Most mods are just shitty mary sue races, but some are well designed. There's even a mod to give races special traits.
>>
>>385081878
>plays a 2d minecraft clone with rpg elements
>doesn't like the building

Why did you buy the game?
>>
File: no longer efficient.png (301KB, 1493x877px) Image search: [Google]
no longer efficient.png
301KB, 1493x877px
>>385087928
Fighting shit in terraria is fun. You don't need to want to build to smack shit around with a variety of weapons and armors and trinkets.

Hell, when I play terraria, I just shit out a commieblock and have fun.
>>
>>385087928
>buying terraria & starbound for minecrap
>>
>>385080494
It was shit for a long time anon. I'm not sure if it quit being shit but it was certainly shit for at least a couple years
>>
File: 2013-10-06_00001.jpg (310KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
2013-10-06_00001.jpg
310KB, 1600x900px
>>385088035
That's not commieblocks. The NPCs cannot spawn in here. They have actual houses somewhere else, also the whole thing is quite complex.

My commieblocks are better than yours.
>>
>>385086986
I will agree on your comment about drop rates but it is still kind of ugly. I know about firelines and the like, just I want to beat moon lord, be called the Terrarian, and know my world is 100% safe thanks to my efforts

>>385088035
Like I said, if the game was a metroidvania with decent level design odds are it would sell better than how it did
>>
>>385088330
>have to jump around to get to npcs
>can't just access them all in a straight line
>they can leave the houses anytime they want, just look at that whore nurse
Do you even gulag, comrade?

That said, that picture is old, there's much more efficient ways of cramming npcs into tiny cells now, I'd imagine.
>>
>>385080401
play through it once with a friend on voice comm
then drop it forever, you'll never play it again
>>
>>385088476
How well do you want it to sell? Googling terraria sales says it has sold over 20 million copies. I would say it's done pretty well.
>>
File: I can't be.png (26KB, 250x113px) Image search: [Google]
I can't be.png
26KB, 250x113px
So am I the only one then?

I actually really enjoy Starbound
>>
>>385088672
same. I only really read anything about the game on its official release, so hearing about all the cut stuff didn't really upset me much
>>
File: starbound hours.png (35KB, 247x112px) Image search: [Google]
starbound hours.png
35KB, 247x112px
>>385088672
You aren't.
70 hours were from just after release, when just having the settings menu up counted as playing.

I can't say I am mad about the earlier bumbles anymore since I felt I got my time's worth, it's just a shame they couldn't push 'terraria in space' to it's limits.
>>
>>385088657
Of course it did, I'm just saying what terraria does well is not building. Can you even sit in the chairs you make?

>>385088672
199 hours for me, I'll still shittalk the game from hell and back will tell people to at best pirate it but I'll still say it's a pretty decent building game
>>
>>385089027
>I'm just saying what terraria does well is not building
Oh, we are in full agreeance there then. I find building in terraria extremely tedious.
>have to replace your equipment and chug potions just to build comfortably

And no, you can't use furniture, to my knowledge. NPCS can though.
>>
>>385088035
How can you live with yourself after doing that to the NPCs?
>>
File: Terraria_2017-03-04_01-12-52.png (346KB, 1358x601px) Image search: [Google]
Terraria_2017-03-04_01-12-52.png
346KB, 1358x601px
>>385089495
>smash thousands of innocent slimes to peices
>bring meteors to the planet
>disturb ancient resting places
>unbalance the forces of good and evil
>destroy the world ecosystem
>summon end of times eldritch beings to the planet
>all for cool weapons

>implying i care about anything at all's well being

That said, I did eventually try to get into building. Still poor effort but they had personalized houses.
>>
>>385089783
You were actually trying to stop the summoning ritual though. And disturbing the so called balance was needed to get rid of it permanently.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.