[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Games with lore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: downloadfile-4.jpg (126KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile-4.jpg
126KB, 1600x900px
Just finished Hollow Knight and I need more games that scratch that lore itch. What are some games with detailed world building or characters and events that are hinted at and need to be pieced together?
>>
>>385079630
I wonder if there is a game out there, probably in a fantasy setting, that has deep, rich lore that is just "there" that you have to really study and understand to make anything of. Sort of like real life, and we do with ancient civilizations.

We see a couple hieroglyphics with similar images, see where those were found, and create theories of thousands of years ago, of their gods, customs, social structure. We just infer and guess.

I'm not talking like Elder Scrolls were there are just volumes of uninteresting books or data points you can download and read fucking novels.

It'd just be neat to see a lore system in a game where you have to guess and infer. Maybe never even explained. Just a cool thing.
>>
>>385079630
where is this? I've never seen this area.
>>
>>385080121
Literally Dark Souls?
>>
>>385080765
I'm sorry - I should have clarified.

I meant, like, good games.
>>
>>385080226
There's a breakable block next to Dung Defender's boss room. Use a descending magic attack right under the switch that drains the acid pool.
>>
>>385080848
Oh.

So, you mean like Dark Souls
>>
File: sequel soon.png (1MB, 920x518px) Image search: [Google]
sequel soon.png
1MB, 920x518px
If only there was a game that incredibly detailed and autistic lore that describes the humanity is but a small footnote in a struggle of multidimensional deity to return back to the "skies" after it fell on Earth and bore several precursor races in it's throes.

If only that game had not one but two made-up languages and each boss was referencing a real-life mythology from across the world.

Imagine that it preceeded OP's by more than a decade and was a 2d Metroidvania too!

No, no such thing can exist.
>>
>>385080121
So what, a straight up indecipherable text? The player noticing that <bird-man-sky> shows up a lot in temples and tombs? Finding <bird-man-sky> written on the door to the final boss? That could be interesting, but very difficult to implement beyond just a bit of vocabulary.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.