[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is this game actually any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: New_Logo.jpg (60KB, 915x585px) Image search: [Google]
New_Logo.jpg
60KB, 915x585px
So is this game actually any good?
>>
what was the old logo
>>
Welp guess nobody on /v/ played it then. So much for all that Obsidian worshiping...
>>
It is extremely okay
>>
7/10 is alright
>>
>>385078149
The story is serviceable, I really liked Act 3 and 4 but some people find it stupid

The setting is interesting and has potential

The side quests are generally okay but a few are bizarrely written (quest about blackmailing someone has multiple endings but none of them involve actually blackmailing the person since the game doesn't allow you to)

The paragraphs of descriptive text and inane dialogue ("What is X?", "Tell me about Y.") will make you want to alt-f4

The factions are shit (like in every other Obsidian game) and drag down Act 2, which is already awful due to how it ends

The combat is a pain in the ass and will make you never want to touch a RTwP game again

The keep has no real reason for existing and isn't fun to manage at all

The load screens are horrendous

The companions and their side quests are mostly so boring that you could go with a custom party and not lose much of value. Zahua's quest is the highlight of the game but the rest are forgettable

Overall, I'd suggest giving it a pass unless you have nothing better to do
>>
I haven't played the expansions for this, what's the consensus on them?
>>
every time I try playing this I quit at the first town

it's just so incredibly dull that it puts me to sleep
>>
>>385078149
You know what I hated?

The stat system they developed, and how it linked to conversational options.

As a mage, I was advised to level up Might, which is a stat that amplifies both magical and physical damage.
So in conversations with NPCs, I would have options like "grab him by the throat and lift him up" which are insane and immersion breaking. If I was playing a barbarian, sure.

And the stats that give some "intelectual" roleplay options in conversations give nothing or are simply inferior to other stats for a mage.

TL;DR The stat system was shit and it broke immersion. It should have been more DnD like
>>
>>385080539
Somewhat of an improvement. So quite good.
>>
fights take too long

don't want to spend hours fighting trash who thought that was a good idea.

Long boss fights are ok. But normal encounters leading up to the boss fight should wear you down (quickly) but they really shouldn't start being strategic or long until you're realllllllly close to the end of the game.

I liked the setting enough. Feels like with sidequests they don't make every option an option. Like there's ways I wanted to solve a problem and it wasn't offered FAR more often than I've encountered with games of this type

Lore is fantastic though.
>>
>>385080453
>RTwP

The fuck is this?
>>
>>385082290
real time with pause I guess
>>
>>385082290
Real Time with Pause. The absolute worst of both real time and turn based with having to constantly pause the game to issue an order to just 1 dude, than unpause and pause again in 3 seconds to give an order to another dude.
>>
>>385080684
This so much.
I don't even know what it is, the bland presentation, the generic combat or the characters in your party which give absolutely no fucks as to what you do.
It's just completely uninteresting and non-engaging experience in the slightest.
>>
fuck rpg codex
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.