[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

80% off on steam, should I buy it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 12

File: titanquest.jpg (67KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
titanquest.jpg
67KB, 460x215px
80% off on steam, should I buy it?
>>
>>385072175
Sure, it's your money.
>>
>>385072175
It's a great game, ignore any autistic diablo faggots that say otherwise.
>>
Sure, especially after the new updates that got MP working again and fixed a ton of long standing bugs.
>>
File: TQ.png (398KB, 997x591px) Image search: [Google]
TQ.png
398KB, 997x591px
>>385072175
Don't bother, it's shit.
>>
>>385072175
Of course, dont forget titan defiler to disable night, infinite stack potions and super flying bodies
also install xmax
>>
File: 1345431779992.jpg (300KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1345431779992.jpg
300KB, 900x900px
I ran a tri blast spirit and storm wizard and I absolutely hated it.

What's an actually good build /v/?
>>
>>385074425
>241 hours
holy shit, you love it
>>
>>385074557
>What's an actually good build /v/?
Defense + literally anything.
>>
>>385074557
they nerfed dream so I dunno anymore
>>
>>385074680
What's the best mix of tanky dps?
>>
>>385074762
>they nerfed dream
They didn't in the sense that Dream still perfectly works with anything. Choosing Dream is never a bad option, regardless of your first mastery.
>>
>>385072175
>that feel when it's 80% off :(
I traded a copy of nwn 2 for it when it was off the market before titan quest went off the market.
>>
>Spirit + Dream
any other build is objectively inferior
>>
>>385075210
>What's the best mix of tanky dps?
Defense+Warfare with a focus on shields. Max out Onslaught, it's the best DPS related LMB skill in the entire game. Get the banner skill form Warfare and Colossus form from Defense. During boss battles, drop the banner and then assume the Colossus form and watch your DPS double. The second option is Defense+Dream.
>>
>>385075545
mfw warfare+defense was the only class my gf played.
>>
>>385074573

thatsthejoke.png
>>
>>385075545
Not him, but thanks.
>>
>>385075836
Also, don't forget to max out your passive shield attack skills, they will significantly contribute to your DPS as well, especially with +skill items.
>>
this or grim dawn?
>>
>>385076320
They both have their merits. Grim Dawn is also still getting content and the setting is more interesting.
>>
play grim dawn instead.
There is still a playerbase.
>>
>>385072175
I mean, it is certainly better than Diablo 3 or Torchlight.

Never tried Grim Dawn but heard decent things about that one as well.
>>
Its a shame that the online for Titan quest and Grim Dawn is dead
>>
>>385072175
if you've ever enojoyed an ARPG, you will like titan quest. it's one of the best, easily top 5 of all time imo (behind just d2 and grim dawn--made by some of the same guys)
>>
>>385076654
No it's not. As someone that started a necromancer in d3:ros this season there is no game on the market that holds a candle to it.
t. owner of grim dawn and TQ+IT +TQ:IT Aniversary
>>
>>385074762
>they nerfed dream

dream is still a standout mastery though

dream and either dream or hunting is my preferred combo
>>
What is your preferred toga color?
>>
>>385076818
>As someone that started a necromancer in d3:ros this season there is no game on the market that holds a candle to it
lol
>>
>>385076880
grey
>>
>>385076880
Cyan
>>
>>385076891
Yea, someone that actually still plays video games. I also bought d3 on launch, something I assume you didn't because you couldn't convince your mommy to give you the money at the time.
>>
File: artwork-class-barbarian03-full.jpg (498KB, 847x1200px) Image search: [Google]
artwork-class-barbarian03-full.jpg
498KB, 847x1200px
>>385076818
I was thinking of trying to get back into D3 for s11 but I was hesitant to make the time commitment.

Have they buffed Barbarians yet? Is Necromancer as fun as everyone says or is it just scratching a particular nostalgia itch?
>>
>>385077145
It's not good, I stopped playing after I got my 6 pieces of my "free" set.
I might start up again after I go home this weekend. But even with the new class I'm having a hard time doing it for an 11th time.
There just isn't any spark there now.
>>
>>385077145
>>385077314
Also necro just isn't fun. I used to play necro in d2 and it doesn't seem to fill the same itch.
I only decided to roll it because it's "good set" is broken as fuck.
I might wind up just doing a wizard when I go home for the weekend.
>>
>>385077434
its*
>>
>>385076320
Speaking as someone that played both a ridiculous amount, Grim Dawn is better by miles. Grim Dawn is basically an upgrade to Titan Quest, same engine, same staff, but improvements everywhere!

To start with Grim Dawn just looks way better, like act 1 Grim Dawn is one of the coolest looking parts of any ARPG ever made while Titan Quest's environments are very forgetable. And the attacks in Grim Dawn feel way cooler and more impactful.

Grim Dawn is also more fast paced due to the food mechanic. Once you get to mid level in Titan Quest you're going to get really sick of having basically 0 HP regen. Sometimes I needed to just stand still and wait for my potion cooldown to recover.

Another major thing is readability. Titan Quest has so many little things wrong with it that all add up to a big pain, like how you can't see the whether an ability in the skill tree has a cooldown before you select it.

Grim Dawn also has the constellation grid which lets add custom procs to your skills and is really neat.
>>
>>385077857
This reeks of shill.

Get Titan Quest. Grim Dawn is dead.
>>
>>385074557
rogue/spirit
ternion + rogue poison w/ confuse and fumble
spirit pet for support
>>
>>385072175
Play poe for free instead it's a million times better
>>
>>385076320
Depends.
If you like the dark grey and purple edgy ugly worlds, then get Grim Dawn.

Titan quest has sunlight and mythical beasts instead of JUST zombies and abominations.
>>
>>385078136
Nowhere in that post says to buy Grim Dawn.
>>
>>385076320
Both. If you like TQ, you'll like GD. If you like GD, you'll like TQ.
>>
>>385076320
if youre patient, titan quest. It's great but really doesnt start until you get all the way to the second difficulty, and the game is long.
Grim Dawn gets started much quicker
>>
File: D3_barb.jpg (596KB, 3000x2578px) Image search: [Google]
D3_barb.jpg
596KB, 3000x2578px
>>385077314
>>385077434
Shame to hear about the Necro. His playstyle seems kind of braindead/boring but I've yet to actually try it myself.

Blizz really seems to have their focused elsewhere (Overwatch, a new WoW expansion, potentially D4). I suppose at this point starting anew with D4 may be the way to go, but I would've loved to have seen one more expansion and a Druid-esque class for D3.

I just hope the rumors about D4 being closer to an MMO aren't true. That is the last fucking thing I want from Diablo.
>>
>>385072175
It's good, with updates and all its god fucking like.
Before immortal expansion shit was like a crash fest back then. Now with speed updates god damn i love it fast !
>>
>>385078849
diablo is dead dude
>>
>>385078958
It's still better than the rest of the games.
>>
Play it with soulvizier also check out grin dawn.
>>
>>385079093
Diablo and Diablo II are still enjoyable to replay occasionally, especially LAN.

D3 is just not good. Sorry your taste is too shitty to see it.
>>
File: 1500912836332.jpg (130KB, 491x643px) Image search: [Google]
1500912836332.jpg
130KB, 491x643px
>PoE is getting a massive fucking update a week from now
>instead he buys a shitty 2006 ARPG that no one likes because it was on '''''''''''''''''''''''sale''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
>>
Best Diablolike.
>>
>>385081417
>Bitching about $4
You may be autistic, my man.
>>
>>385081417
PoE is trash made by lazy devs wo cannot implement a proper trading system in a game where the drop chances for any of the good loot are pretty much zero, so you have to rely on trading to gear up. It's absolute fucking dogshit and is worse than Diablo 3, Grim Dawn and Titan Quest.
>>
>>385082376
Grim Dawn and Titan quest's trading is even more empty. I have never traded with anyone in my life in those games.

I don't think d3 even HAS trading anymore.

What you are talking about, PoE's is about the only game where you CAN trade.

I don't see what you're even complaining about. Outside of buying your 5 link you don't need to do any trading unless you are running a build that requires a specific unique (and if you are than it's your fault for intentionally picking the build). You can do everything except the game's upper content with generic rares provided you actually know how to construct a decent character. And that was true BEFORE they added the forsaken masters.

In other words your whining.
>>
>>385082376
Are you even talking about the right game?
>>
>>385072175
It's a great game, but you also might consider Grim Dawn depending on what kind of setting do you like. The two are absolutely identical gameplay-wise, but TQ is ancient mythology and GD is grimdark zombies.
I guess TQ wins in terms of originality.
>>
>>385083215
>Grim Dawn and Titan quest's trading is even more empty. I have never traded with anyone in my life in those games.
You don't NEED to trade in those games, because the good shit actually drops once in a while. PoE is a shit game made by Jews who have reduced the drop chances on anything good to such low levels, that even Koreans would weep at the prospect of grinding up their own gear for a certain build. PoE is COMPLETELY trade dependent if you want to gear up your character and the trade system is trash. Moreover, trading is made EVEN WORSE if you don't buy premium stash tabs, since storing shit will be a nightmare. The game is one big exercise in frustration and masochism, only brain dead mongoloids play it.
>>
>>385076320
Grim Dawn unless you have a real boner for the Egyptian setting
>>
Did they ever add two-handed weapons?
>>
>>385083941
>Egyptian, Greek, Byzantian and Chinese
ftfy
>>
File: Dungeon Siege.jpg (46KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
Dungeon Siege.jpg
46KB, 460x215px
>Gain XP solely based on what weapons/spells you use

Why can't more RPGs implement this type of leveling system? Classes should just fucking die already
>>
Grim Dawn is literally just a "Grim Dark" clone of Titan Quest with some features removed.
>>
>>385081417
>that nobody likes
>Titan Quest

>No it's the kids who are out of touch.jpg
>>
>>385084205
>with some features removed.
Which ones?
>>
>>385083718
I've played that game at a very compotenent level and talked with others. You can get to mid mapping with zero grinding, zero trading, and never partying with just about any generic build provided you actually know a thing or two about the game.

You're a loser, you arn't even a loser that is trying to get better, but one that has admitted defeat and resigned to complaining.
>>
>>385081417
>tedious as fuck p2w grindfest is getting an update to add more garbage on top of an inherently poorly designed game
LOL fucking pathetic shill
>>
>>385072175
No just pirate it. Also get the mods that let you play as the enemies like the cat taur things
>>
File: 1467973825900.jpg (119KB, 840x960px) Image search: [Google]
1467973825900.jpg
119KB, 840x960px
>>385084368
Gee ARPG staples like map overlay, or highlight ground items.

All vendors and conversations look identical to TQ, less variety in enemies, and environments. It's just a less experienced team. It's not a terrible game, I've played and enjoyed both, but it's a worse game than TQ. Less competent, less polished, and less fun.

They're both leaps and bounds better than f2p unbalanced garbage PoE
>>
>>385084608
>mods
I absolutely loved playing with that utility that allowes you to tinker with monster numbers, exp gain and drop rate and shit. So much more fun than vanilla
>>
>>385084524
Nope, the game is dogshit and barely has any players left compared to even fucking Diablo 3. Enjoy your Korean level grindfest, I'll be playing h&s games where you can actually get good gear yourself without using third-party sites and splurging out on microtransaction cancer, lmao.
>>
>>385084563

>p2w

?????? You retarded?
>>
if you get grim dawn get the mod that adds the titan quest classes
>>
>>385085736
>just do progression without tabs bro you don't need them xDDD
shill
>>
>>385085736
With this game's absolutely retarded gearing\trading\currency system you can't endgame without buying a shitton of stash space.
You will argue that nothing stops the player from progressing without having to buy anything and technically you will be right. But in reality the experience is very far from enjoyable, that I can guarantee.
>>
>diablo clones
avoid like the plague.
>>
PoE drones shit up yet another thread. Sigh.
>>
>>385086790
>TFW like most ARPGs, including Path of Exile, Titan Quest, Grim Dawn, and Van Helsing
Why can't we all just get along.
Also,
>Sigh
>>
>>385086216
How many stash tabs would you say are required to make it enjoyable?
>>
>>385087436
One can reasonably get by on a single Currency Tab and a Premium Tab (upgraded from regular).
>Currency tab is unironically too good and holds basically every drop of currency you'll ever collect in a League unless you nolife like mad
>Then you have 4 slots for everything else instead of 3
>Put shit you wanna sell in the Premium tab and set price individually, change as needed if it doesn't sell/tries to sell too well (Like 20 responses before you even finish typing the 0 in 10 too well)
>3 Leftover slots for Unique items and other stuff you wanna mess with
>>
>>385086216
Normal game: Cannot play it till you pay for it
Poe: Can play it without paying for it however if you want to develop a character into the absolute limit you will need to pay money

>people actually think the second one is worst
>>
>>385087789
>Normal game: has no microtransaction cancer
>PoE: has microtransaction cancer
Neck yourself, shill.
>>
>>385087789
That's basically what I was getting at. Sure you'll feel a need for more storage space after getting really into the game. At that point buying a stash tab bundle is fine, and comparable to the cost of buying a different game.
>>
>>385086742

"no"
>>
This game literally broke my mouse. After smashing left mouse for hours it broke and would do a double click on a single click. Moving folders in Windows was impossible, while holding the button it would randomly "let go" even though it was pressed.
However, that also broke the game for me. When adding skillpoints I noticed that sometimes the game would add 2 points even if I only had 1. So I kept resetting points to try and but it again and again. I ended up having infinite skill points.

Also, great game.
>>
>>385088182
t. addict to slot machines
>>
>>385087789
It's debatable for sure and can vary from game to game. In my personal case with PoE I had fun early-mid game and then hated it by the time I needed to pay for it, so I'm happy with my experience.
>>
>>385087995
This isn't an arguement about the quality of the game or the price.

Let's say they removed the ability to buy stash tabs. Than it was just like d2 where the only way to trade was to make mule characters and ackwardly shift them around. Is the game now suddenly better? No, it's worst. Your'e literally complaining about an improvement.

If you honestly think it's not an improvement no one is stopping you from only trading by using mules!
>>
>>385089068
>Let's say they removed the ability to buy stash tabs.
Let's say they've provided adequate stash space from the beginning, did such an idea ever cross your mind, shill? Of course, it didn't, because how would you be able to Jew people then? Fuck off with your microtransaction ridden trash.
>>
>>385088946
That's how the majority of players are. Most people never touch mapping or when they do they only do it for a bit.

However the message board and forums posts are dominated by the small % of people who do run that stuff. Because everyone else has left to play other games.

You can do the mapping thing pretty much to infinity. The most dedicated players have 20+ tabs. While the average player can get by with the default 2.

That's what great about ARPGs that they support so many different play styles. I knew a guy who only played PoE for the races.
>>
>>385089374
You start with 4 stash tabs, not 2
>>
>>385089370
Every ARPG every made has stash tab limits. Even if you never bought stash tabs PoE's inventory is more than twice what you get in d2, and once you consider how many things in d2 do not stack it starts feeling like it's 4 times as much space. Even the interface in Poe's default thing is a huge improvement. There is for instance no search function in Titan quest or Grim Dawn which makes finding any specific thing a pain in the ass.

The one who is whiny about money here is you.
>>
>>385089667
>PoE's inventory is more than twice what you get in d2
What part of "PoE is the only h&s game out there that is gook MMO tier when it comes to item probability drops" do you not understand, shitstain? You don't need as much stash space in D2 as you need in PoE, because you don't need to trade as much, if at all. Most of your PoE stash will be filled with shit you will never ever use yourself, but will have to keep it for indefinite periods of time in order to trade. Stop misinforming people about your shit gook grindfest, mongoloid.
>>
why'd they have to make poe such an unfun and shitty looking turd? hasn't improved I'm any aspect in fucking years
maybe the big revamp will make it less of a fucking along but for real it is just awful as it is
>>
>>385090156
3.0 is actually making the game worse.
>>
>>385078136
>Grim Dawn is dead.
yeah, keep parroting /v/ buzzword. I'm sure you'll fit in here someday retard
>>
>>385090051
All arpgs are grindfests at end game. You might as well start complaining that they are overhead or involve leveling up at this point.

Getting good gear is stupidly easy with master-crafting. All you need for your armor is a decent life roll and 1 resist, the rest of the stats can be junk. Than just get whatever you want from a master crafter? Oh need a weapon upgrade? Find a white with a nice socket set up, through alts on it till you get a decent spell/physical damage and than throw on some speed bonus with the mastercraft dude.

You can beat Merciless difficulty with fucking blues if you know what you're doing. Most of my characters never trade, always solo, and hit mapping in 4 days. The better players can do it in 2.
>>
>>385083215
>Grim Dawn and Titan quest's trading is even more empty.

both games have sane droprates though, so there's really no need for trading
>>
>>385090256
How so?
>>
>>385092789
Allow me to break down the most glaring issues:
>Instead of fixing the problem of Energy Shield having upwards of 2.5 times the maximum effective health pool of Life, they just make it so they can't use Vaal Pact (another problem, but that's beside the point), it's a band-aid fix that obliterates builds instead of finding a way to balance it all out and promote build diversity
>They're also effectively punishing Energy Shield for being strong for so long because they sat on their laurels for almost a year doing nothing about it except making it easier to attain large quantities of ES cheaply
>The Passive Tree is barely changing at all, when it's in dire need of a massive revamp, every build is the same no matter your start
>Double-dipping (on-hit damage over time effects are all it applied to) which gave builds enough damage to compete against some thicker bosses is gone
>To compensate, they added a bunch of new Ailment Gems for those that want to make these DoTs strong
>Then because everyone was using them in Beta, made them all shit
>Even made a new Phys gem that nobody used objectively worse too in Beta
>Divination Cards are still shit
>They're Nerfing DoTs further because one of the Developers believes it's still too strong (under impossible conditions that they refuse to reveal)
>There is still a massive disparity between the three major Stats, Int, Strength, and Dex in that Int is objectively stronger than the other two by a wide margin and Dex is considerably weaker than the other two
>Along with the rape of player's damage, they're doubling 2/3rds of the end-game bosses (the lowest 2/3rds) HP pools
>And tripling the HP of the Guardians of Atziri, a niche side-content set of 2 maps (5 bosses in total per Map getting this bonus)
New Acts are cool, but they are utterly raping many builds out of existence with 3.0.
>>
>>385072175
I was hyped for it for years but never got around to playing it. Finally got it in Steam a couple weeks back and... completely stopped playing within three days.

If you have NEVER played an isometric ARPG before, you'll probably like it. Otherwise...

The problem is it tries to copy Diablo II way too much but doesn't do anything as well as Diablo II did, and the ONLY unique things it does are the Greek Mythology setting and the hybrid class system, but it doesn't even stick to the Greek Mythology thing the whole way.

The hybrid class system is a cool idea, but the problem is most of the classes are boring because 70% of every skill tree is just passives, and half of the active skills are just self buffs.

There is ZERO character creation outside of "boy or girl", tunic color, and what you wear, but most of the armor looks exactly the same as other pieces besides color (of which there is little variety) and some minor details.

Drops suck in general. Remember how in Diablo getting a ring or necklace was actually kind of a cool find and you always got a little excited? In this it's almost always junk. Special effects on equipment in general is usually pretty disappointing. Imagine if half the rares in Diablo just had "+50 Mana". Most of your drops are outright shit, too, even rares. I've spent entire acts with the same equipment and didn't find anything even as good until around the end.

Very little enemy variety and enemy species all seem to act the same. There are satyrs, skeletons, ratmen, merfolk, catfolk, etc... but all of them have the same variants; melee, archer, caster, and their AI is always the same as their other race equivalents. It constantly feels like you're fighting the same enemies in a different skin with slightly different stats.
>>
>>385092406
How are you reaching that conclusion? I've played many different ARPGs and I didn't find any problem with getting good gear for Grim Dawn or Poe. Poe's gearing experience was the best because you have the most control over your gear with mastercrafting and orbs. However Poe is also the hardest ARPG. Proper use of utility skills, flasks, and positioning is going to do a hell of a lot more for you than some better rolls on your boots.

You also need a strong knowledge of how enemy mods interact with each other. You need to be able to tell at a glance presicously how dangerous each mob is before you engage it, because many mobs can chase uber fast or do insane burst, if you misjudge their damage output it might not be possible to fix your error.

Essentially you are always planing 2 seconds ahead and to do that you need to be able to read 2 seconds ahead. If you arn't doing this you are not playing the game at a very high skill level.
>>
>>385086186

Too stupid to make a mule to store extra shit? What is guild stash???

Try reevaluating your life you ingrate.
>>
>>385093950
>What is guild stash???
You do know that costs money too, right?
>>
>>385093665
Bosses are terrible. Most bosses are beat literally by standing there and damage racing them, or hitting them a couple times, kiting while healing, then repeating. Act bosses are especially disappointing. Act 1's main boss is smaller, weaker, and less interesting than the boss immediately before it. Then you get to the main boss of Act 2... and it's a slightly different version of the same boss in Act 1.

No NPC has ANY personality at all, nor does the world. There is no charm, no atmosphere, no soul. The environments look and feel so samey the entire way through. They're mostly just huge open areas with very rare, very small caves or dungeons that usually don't even have a purpose. Most sidequests are accidentally completed just by playing the game, sometimes without even meeting the NPC who gives it until after you've already done it.

They didn't even have any creativity with the environments, either. Spoilers: Act 1 is a woodland, Act 2 is a desert, Act 3 is a jungle, Act 4 is hell. Sound familiar?

Notice how I said what Act 2 was? That's because it's Egypt, and after Act 1 the game has already lost track of its Greek Mythology theme. It DOES get back to it later, but what the fuck? Egypt? Guess they had to work in a desert since Diablo II had a desert for Act 2.

There's also very little weapon variety. You get knives, swords/curved swords (they're the same class), hatchets/maces (I cant tell a function difference), spears, staves, and bows. I never found any greatswords, battleaxes, warhammers, crossbows, polearms, flails, or really anything else.

But the biggest problem with the game is just that it feels so boring and uninspired. It constantly made me feel like I wished I was playing Diablo... and I'm sick of Diablo at this point.

The ONLY thing I really liked is that the female player character is thicc as fuck, but most of the time she'll be covered by ugly as fuck armor so it wont matter.
>>
>>385093251
>Along with the rape of player's damage, they're doubling 2/3rds of the end-game bosses (the lowest 2/3rds) HP pools

This just made me re-install.

The game's difficulty has become a too easy. Players got so much damage you could just nuke things before they attacked you.

I also unironically think everything should hit. I want my Hp to be on life-support the entire game on all builds.
>>
>>385072175
Its a crappier grim dawn, so no.
>>
>>385094005

Then why are you part of a hobby that you obviously cannot according?

Again, reevaluate your life.
>>
>>385094005
But joining a guild doesn't. Most guilds are incredibly chill about that stuff.

I ran my own guild and I would just dump leveling gear into the guild tab for whoever wanted it. If it was a really nice thing like Tabula Rasa they had to rent it (ie pay me for it's value. When they are done with it they would return it and get their obs back).
>>
>>385094085

Afford, not according
>>
>>385094047
While I agree the idea of blood-pumping action would be great, it's still
>Not a threat
>Or instantly kills you
For most shit.
>>
>>385094152
It has to be that way because of the insane health recovery you get in these games. Hit your flask buttons and you can go from 1% to 100% in under a second. And that's not even counting life leech and regen.

Oh and town portals. You can reset yourself to full every time you use one of those.

That's the price you pay for drop-in/drop out co-op. There can't be any long term survival aspects.
>>
>>385094047
>>385094152
For the both of you, this is a thing I came across the other day.
>A hybrid build with ~9.5K effective HP and like 30-40K Tooltip DPS Flame Surge
>Uses Unique items that aren't commonly used by any build
>Along with an Ascendancy not many use in a configuration even fewer touch
>Destroys 4 of the major end-game bosses with only one panic portal due to Chimera fight being a fucking annoying piece of shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsP9D8GSctA
Is it perfect? Probably not, but it makes the best of a current situation and does it well.
>>
Just dropped a couple hundred on one of the new supporter packs. Feels great having a job and not being a NEET loser. Can't even imagine worrying over whether or not I should spend 5 bucks on some tabs.

The NEETs crying should just hang themselves.
>>
>>385094336
>Buying garbage to "support" a company making terrible consumer decisions on top of terrible game decisions
Just because you can doesn't mean you should, Anon.
>>
>>385094318
For a real challenge make your own build. No guides allowed.

Seriously discovering the good builds is the whole fucking point of letting you do it yourself.

>>385094336
>>Can't even imagine worrying over whether or not I should spend 5 bucks on some tabs.

Agree'd.
>>
Anyone else having problems with losing track of the mouse cursor at higher resolutions? It's real annoying.
>>
>>385076491
>Grim Dawn setting is more interesting

I like both game but what the fuck? Egypt, ancient China etc vs Generic fantasy
>>
>>385094503
>Seriously discovering the good builds is the whole fucking point of letting you do it yourself.

I am seriously jealous of people that have hundreds of hours to play through the same shit dozens of times just to find something that works.
>>
>>385094404

I love the game and I'm not a poor faggot. Give me 1 (one) reason why I shouldn't support GGG. 3.0 looks fucking great.

In fact, when I get home I'll be upgrading to the highest pack. Stay cucked poor fags. Literally lmaoing right now that there are people who get worked up over 5 bucks.
>>
>>385094624
>A bunch of factions are all vying for control in the shattered remnants of a world that is running amok with magic
Versus
>Gods are awake, go kill them
The two boil down to the same experience, but the plots are considerably different.
>>
>>385094637
When you're good at the game you almost never make a shit build. At worst you make an average build.

How can I explain this? If you look at any good build they relay on one or two specific things that are unusual: it might be a weapon, node, unusually damage scaling or a weird rule about how the numbers are calculated. You basically need to look for things that feel like they have potential to be exploited.

If you raised yourself playing games by looking at guides you will never learn to think like this. You've essentially trained your brain to think like a sheep. I love thinking of builds so much that I could receive pleasure just from going on a wiki, reading items, and cosntructing builds around them in my head. Sometimes I make the entire tree, plan it's items, gems knowing I won't ever play the game. I just enjoy creating builds.

Part of the fun is learning how to do it with your limited budget of orbs.
>>
>>385094336
>are you too poor to eat shit?
>>
>>385094715
>1
They don't give a single shit about your opinion and never will. Since the consolidation of Leagues (Talisman,) all they've cared about is money. They are doing the bare minimum to appease people and keep complaints to a relative minimum while also shitting more and more garbage explicitly to fill the tabs of F2P players to try and force them to buy more.
>Talisman forward, every League has at least 1 item you collect in additional to regular loot, be it Talismans, Gold Coins, Silver Coins, Essences, Splinters, or Leaguestones
>Divination Cards were designed to be a way to grind out specific items for your build
>Instead, their drop rates are so piss-awful that they aren't worth grinding for except for one or two like Flora's Gift since the map is so easy and their droprate is high cause it's a crappy white 5L staff that can get you into Maps, but should be upgraded as soon as possible
>And then there's Tabs and shit
Currency tab is basically mandatory to play in general. Essence tab is a pure greed move as is the Divination Tab, which further cements just how many terrible cards you'll get 1-of throughout your escapades and have no use for.
>Loot Boxes
These are actually an overall good thing in moderation except for one major issue:
>They let you get parts of sets
>Then never actually discount the individual parts afterwards in their constant sales
Because they want you to buy a full set or pay full price for the missing pieces. Have they made some good choices in this time-frame? Yeah. Atlas was a nice change for one. Perandus was great, etc. etc. But the bad outweigh the good in my opinion.

Also enjoy the World of Warcraft armor.
>>
File: 1495546638562.png (88KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1495546638562.png
88KB, 350x350px
>>385095014
>a game about grinding loot where there's no reason to grind for anything because chances are you will never get it to drop
>>
>>385095014
All you are telling him is that you are poor and whining like a baby.

I love POE. I once bought $50 worth of microtransation currency and never spent it on anything. I just wanted to give GGG more money.

That's something you can do when you have a job. You can do whatever you want with your money. That's my money, not yours =D

I kind of wish the game had a monthly fee just for the purpose of keeping whiny poor people out.
>>
>=D
You need to go back.
>>
>try talking about a game that isn't PoE in the ARPG genre
>PoE shitters come in despite there being a hugbox for them on /vg/
Fucking hell
>>
>>385078958
We've seen him die 3 times now. He'll be back, especially since the RoS ending specifically says he's free again. So D4 will be a regular
>hmm more zombies and monsters than usual
>please go on a journey through these 4 areas/climates to find out what's going on
>oh shit it's diablo, he woke up again
Kind of quest.
>>
LAN is pretty sweet, I used to swap gear with my brother all the time
>>
Ok I played Grim Dawn like a year ago and two things that put me off greatly after beating it on the first difficulty. The first being that there was no logical ending to the story, after killing the final chthonic big bad, the game just went to the main menu, and also the aetherial menace was never properly elaborated on, at least it seemed so, only in the beginning cinematic it was explained that they came before the humans, got betrayed by Gods, wanted to come back, all that, but during the main questline there was barely any further development on their part, it would be cool maybe to team up with them against the chthon, but I'm going off on a tangent, are those two things somehow fixed, expanded upon since the game released from early access?
>>
>>385078958
>>385095759
the black soulstone is still out there somewhere, post-RoS
>>
its fucking boring

skills and talents bores you to death, there is no "oompf" in hitting or killing the monsters and every ability feels underwhelming

monster variety is nonexistant
>>
>>385072175
It's so fucking shit, I was slogging through it with a friend and I hated it
>>
>>385072175

Great game, no replayability. Buy for the one time experience I guess.
>>
>>385072175
>left click simulator
sure go ahead
>>
>>385097407
There's a few dialogue options that pop up when you win. The bad guys are explained well if you read the lore.

There's no cool cinamtic though.

>>385098579
I thouhgt the physics death made things really "oompf" can you give examples of better monster/variety/skill use in the arpg genre?
>>
>>385072175
Its a fun game for a few weeks until you try everything, and beat the game a few times. Every once in awhile I install it again, and cringe and uninstall it.
>>
File: 1497053879977.jpg (740KB, 2480x3507px) Image search: [Google]
1497053879977.jpg
740KB, 2480x3507px
Since we are on the topic of ARPGs, can you help me find a game, /v/?

I remember that
>it was a D2 clone
>it was very difficult and you had to do lots of grinding
>only magic types were viable, melee was shitty
>there were no classes, but your character would change appearance depending on what you spec, so if you spec into necromancy you would end up looking half dead yourself
>if you died blood would flow over your screen until your entire screen was covered in red
>>
>>385097407
Play the expansion when it comes out.
>>
File: molymeme.png (54KB, 500x534px) Image search: [Google]
molymeme.png
54KB, 500x534px
>>385081417

>DUDE HUGE SKILL TREE LMAO

Path of Exile is shit
>>
So how about that Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem?
They've got the physicality of combat down, just needs more content and a bunch of QoL fixes.
>>
>>385076880
Wine
>>
>>385103731
you provide 0 arguments
you must be one of those pedogaffers that dont have to argue why fucking 10 year olds is ok

listen cuckboi, go make some different life choices irl. take some lessons in argumentation while your at it

path of exile is objectively speaking the best game in the genre, with diablo 2´s mods as a 2nd and that new titanquest dev game as 3rd

poe has the best rng, best progression, best item customization, item distribution, legendary quality and usability and so on, the list is so long ,its probably longer than your weweee

by the way you infantile little cunt, i dont even play pc games like that because of wristpain but even i am not that low iq to not know whats quality and whats shit gobblering

must be hard living on the expenses of others and not making life choices and basing opinions and taste on what your group leadership tells you to like.
>>
File: 1498397827920.webm (544KB, 806x453px) Image search: [Google]
1498397827920.webm
544KB, 806x453px
>>385076320

get grim dawn and install TQ classes mod
>>
>>385104335
you expect me to read all that? lol
>>
>>385081417
>poe
>need to play some shitty online leagues to get all new items
single player arpg are the best
>>
>>385072175
Its great, get Grim Dawn too
>>
>>385105248
This. I actually dont even like ARPGs that much but playing a single player/coop feels much better than having the need to rely to jewish trading actions ingame. Also muh meta builds.
>>
>>385097407
The thing with grim dawn is that there is no good ending. Yeah, you stopped the big bad. But theres more fucked up shit wanting to kill you and everyone. Theres an expansion coming pretty soon that should add more to the story if that will tickle your fancy.
>>
>>385098253
Didn't sickle guy absorb most of it, and Tyrael has the last shard?
>>
>>385105589
The promise of a necromancer class so I can finally make a proper pet build tickles my fancy.

My biggest issue is more that scaling feels like it tapers off pretty fast. Like, I can get +1000% damage by the end of normal, but only like +1500% by the time I finish ultimate two difficulties later, and the RNG farming for mats is annoying.
>>
>>385105248
No one is fucking forcing you to play the new leagues.

They are there for the same reason the ladder exists in d2. To keep the player base, economy, and game features fresh.

The new items serve the same purpose the ladder only runewords did, to give you insenative to go in there.

It's even better than d2's system because the leagues have actual new content.
>>
>>385095759
The only thing that can be a threat to your character, and eventually humanity, is other nethrezim. Diablo was a weak bitch even fused with all the other evils. Him coming back on his own won't be shit. And it would take a tremendous asspull for him to take over the body of a nethrezim because nethrezim are canonically way more OP than he is. If anything, Diablo wouldn't be the threat. A nathrezim that makes diablo his bitch servant would be the threat.
>>
>>385105854
The nethalim as well as everything in the d3 was so poorly constructed that there's not point in treating it seriously and caring about what makes sense.

Everyone in the d3 universe is a bunch of weenies, everyone is a jobber.
>>
>>385106205
Making the players the descendants of super race was a mistake to begin with. Whatever happened to being just a regular guy who trained really hard in his combat style/magic school of choice and found powerful magical sticks to bash demon heads in with?
>>
>>385097407
welcome to arpgs

if you want story, you're in the wrong place
>>
>>385107331
Player characters have been nephalim descendants since Diablo
>>
>>385105825
>It's even better than d2's system
You need to be more subtle, shill. PoE is trash, fuck off.
>>
>>385107331
The problem is that the characters themself are designed to be normal folk. For instance the wizard got kicked out of school by an elder wizard who said he'd never amount to anything so he goes and fights demons to prove himself.

But than the writing says they are born with natural talent.

The whole story seems ham-fisted. Like the witch from d1 being a bad guy all along, Cain being killed off by something so boring I can't even remember what it was, his mary sue grand-daughter showing up, Zultan Kuul leading the player into the most obvious trap in the world, and Diablo's conviulated plan.

One thing that really, really ticked me off is how they handled the angels and heaven. Like in d1/d2 the nature of the upper realm is only hinted at and you don't really know what their agenda is. Than d3 comes along and we learn the angels are incompetent buerocrates and their realm is basically a few roads of marble. Why is Diablo even wasting his time conquering such a boring place?
Thread posts: 160
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.