[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on this game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: 1.jpg (243KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
243KB, 1920x1080px
Thoughts on this game?
>>
its good
>>
it's shit (without mods)
>>
>>385070351

Good. You might find it a bit content poor without mods.
>>
>>385070351
nb4 dort versus rimjob
>>
>>385070485
>>385070472
Where do I start with mods?
>>
Boring indie trash
>>
>>385070609

get all of em

or hardcore sk
>>
>can't have children
0/10
>>
>>385070609

Start with the modular ones that do little things and grab all the ones that sound good to you. I like Hospitality the most, and the same dev has a ton of other equally quality mods.
>>
Is gud

so gud i find myself playing across alpha versions and get butthurt that i have to restart the game again because all the mods get updated one-by-one on a rolling basis, unless i take the time to find non-Workshop versions of the same mod and stay on an older build
>>
>>385070609
My problem with rimworld mods is that so many of them are unbalanced as shit, you really have to know how to sort them out so you don't end up with a fucked up game. I took a look at the 40k mod which seemed cool but then I saw the fucking lasgun was almost twice as good as a vanilla charge rifle and the cheapest turrets had 1500 hit points. Or embrasures mod, which the AI just cant deal with.
>>
How's the mars colonization mod?
>>
>>385070351
FFfffuck epidemics, especially plague and fucking gut worms.
>>
>>385072263
MUSCLE PARASITES
>>
>>385072531
gut worms are fucking terrible especially when you have blight, heat waves or cold snaps, especially with close to 10 colonists.
>>
>>385072263

The first mod I ever made introduced immunizations that permanently rendered people immune to parasitic infections.
>>
>>385070351
It's fucking shit. I don't know where to begin.
It's so fucking slow where nothing happens in the first 2 hours of gameplay and if you sped it up you will somehow got attacked by a rat by accident that lead to infection and death. It was fucking nonsense.

Everyone that bought this was into false pretense of dwarf fortress with graphic and better ui but it's just so shit even as regular survival build games it's just not fun to play.
>>
>>385070351
fun game
surprisingly little rimming
maybe i need to research more
>>
>>385072969
If you want some rimming I got you big boy ;)
>>
>>385071560
This is pretty much why I don't use a lot of mods. Most of them are too imbalanced and simply make the game very easy, or go full on the other way and make the game hard by breaking stuff in the base game.

The base game is ok for balance though, if a little barebones. It's functional without a lot of redundancy.
>>
>>385073649
>>385072843
This is a good example of broken. Sure it makes the game more friendly, but it removes a big aspect of danger.
>>
>>385072263
Yeah that event is dumb and just a huge hindrance for no reason
Maybe if there was a way to prevent it in game but it just chooses colonists randomly scaled with your colony size
That and the season+ long poison air but at least you can stay outside for a while everything else is manageable
>>
>>385070351
Needs to go on sale at least ONE FUCKING TIME! Id buy full price but the fact he never puts it on sale makes me not want to buy it for some reason.
>>
>>385073838

Yes I'm sure my modded vaccines that required late game tech, large quantities of healthy organs, and a material I introduced that you can only acquire by trading were "broken" tier powerful.
>>
>>385074582
I hope it never goes on sale. Poorfags like you are killing the video game industry and should be denied games at every opportunity.
>>
It's not Dwarf Fortress and makes you wish it was
>>
File: 14700932183.png (333KB, 357x346px) Image search: [Google]
14700932183.png
333KB, 357x346px
its pretty gud, price is a little high but w/e
i put like 150 hrs in it
>>
>>385073649
>>385073838
The main problem I have with Rimworld is how it tries to make each colony a "story" of either survival or failure, however it does this through random events instead of just regular emergent scenarios. In DF you have multiple ways to deal with a Forgotten or Mega Beast that can result in shit like tons of poisonous blood all around your fort or caving in a part of your mine that you can recover from but is damaging, but in Rimworld it's mostly just survive the event almost completely unschated or down a few resources or spiral completely out of control into death.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.