[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PUBG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 305
Thread images: 40

File: cFpoFSZA.jpg (55KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
cFpoFSZA.jpg
55KB, 400x400px
So what millenials want in a multiplayer game is a big open space, bare bones functionality and tons of downtime to engage in "looting", then short bursts of action that is almost completely luck and/or camping based, only without good gunplay or netcode.

It's some kind of a LARPing experience fueled by facecam people, right? Didn't popularity of DayZ as opposed to Left 4 Dead prove that consumers don't care about level design, encounter design, gameplay, setpieces, just a huge map with nothing to do other than spend ~15 minutes "exploring" empty barns before getting blindsided?

It's... atmospheric for them? What is it?
>>
Yeah
>>
>>385068309
Do you personally find it has good atmosphere?
>>
I started this thread because I was playing UT2004 against bots and felt sad. All that gunplay variety, fantastic movement, outstanding level design and nobody would care about it today. I never thought video games going mainstream would mean encountering a dark age of design.
>>
>>385068531
>every shooter should be an arcade shooter
stop trying so hard to fit in
>>
>being blindsided
>not playing as if your own life depended on it
It's much funner that way.
>>
>>385069380
Every game should have good gameplay

>>385069591
Enjoy your LARP
>>
If it's almost entirely luck based, then you don't actually need to put in effort to git gud.
>>
>>385069981
enjoy your nofun
>>
>>385070440

At the 30-36 minute mark it is almost 100% luck based.
>>
>>385070514
I'm having a lot of fun with indie games, it's only that multiplayer games are no good anymore.
>>
>>385070587
How?
>>
>>385070440
>can get sniped from anywhere at any time
>move at snails pace hoping that someone will have to run in the open for other snails to shoot at before you have to
>git gud
>>
>>385068229
Vidya is dead and the atmosphere meme killed it.
>>
>>385070668

Because it is entirely RNG based where the final circle will end up and sometimes it forces you to move in an extremely disadvantageous way that will 100% get you killed.
>>
>>385070991
l2 think ahead desu
>>
>>385070440
>>385070751
That's what I'm saying, and why it appeals to so many people. It's gambling disguised as a skill based game. You don't need to put in the effort, but feel like you did when it goes your way.
>>
Hunger games came out and everyone was like fuuuuuck that would be so dope to play in a video game!!!

There was a mine craft mod like this and now that it's got that open world feel norms are familiar with plus the fps feel they are accustomed too mixed in with a survival battle royale? Wow sign me the fuck up!!!! Only norms haven't played enough games to notice poor net code or lack of level design or hell they don't even know what any of these things are.
>>
>>385070632
>indie games
>fun
>>
>>385068229
Yes? Everyone knew this back when MOBAs got popular. 30 minutes of mindless farming minigame with an occasional fight here and there. Hell, the first 10 minutes is pretty much dedicated farming.
>>
>>385068229
mad cuz bad :^).
>>
because pc has no other multiplayer games besides shooters, rts are dead for example

then even shooters are dead: siege got destroyed by ubisoft, battlefield got destroyed by EA

you end up with a fucking huge userbase that latches on to any remotely decent game because there is literally nothing else
>>
>>385071981
By that argument, every shooter in existence is gambling disguised as a skill based game. You can always get flanked unexpectedly and die.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you. There is a very significant luck component to every shooter (There's even more luck involved in real life shooting).

Yet, despite the luck factors, good players always seem to come out ahead more often than not. It's a lot like poker in that regard. The top players consistently come out ahead, even though sometimes a shitty turn fucks them on occasion.

This shooter is no different than other shooters that came before it. The only reason it doesn't seem like it is that you only get one life. In traditional shooters, you respawn constantly, so you get to roll the dice more quickly, as a result you can clearly get a metric of skill delivered to you within 5 minutes of play, whereas you only get one run every 30 minutes or so in a game like PUBG. As a result, it takes many hours of play before a player's skill can be assessed.
>>
>>385072608
>You can always get flanked unexpectedly and die.

There is a difference between getting flanked and literal RNG elements deciding wins such as the circle, loot, etc. That you consider getting flanked luck based at all is a bit telling.
>>
>>385072189
>disregarding thousands of games because they've been labeled as indie

There's such a thing as believing in the meme too hard.
>>
>>385068229
Lmao /v/ is such a irrelevant shithole. You trash literally every game but your favorite """"game"""" is weaboowatch literally the most mainstream millennial unskilled trash of the game.. All of you faggots are drooling over the fanfic and some shitty comics. Fuck off
>>
>>385072608
>You can always get flanked unexpectedly
A good game will find ways to alert you subtlety in a way that good players will pick up on and act on them.

For example, footsteps.

I kind of agree though, I dislike FPS multiplayer because I suck at them unless I play for ages, enough to learn the layout of each map.
>>
>>385072945
The poster before that one literally complained that getting sniped was a luck factor.

There are a million intangible things that contribute to victory or defeat in any shooter. Good players take actions to mitigate as many of those things as possible.

Yes, it is absolutely possible that getting flanked can be a luck situation, because there are situations where a calculated risk is taken in order to capture an objective. In those situations, you might use the available information you have and determine that there's a low chance of a player being there in an ambush position, and sometimes that ends up being the wrong choice.

Even a top rank player in a game can killed by a random grenade flying through a window. Shit happens. You sound like one of those faggots who flips out when bad luck gets you killed and whines "If X thing hadn't happened I would have beaten you because you're trash"
>>
>>385073516
>but your favorite """"game"""" is weaboowatch
I have never seen someone uninronically defend Overwatch on /v/
>>
>>385068229
It's a fun game you cuck, not every game needs to be an ADHD arena shooter
>>
>>385073801
Have you seen the top threads since 2016? The threads with most replies are a;ways irrelevant weaboowatch shit about some shitty unskilled plays and heroes and shit like that... Literally the game is biggest leddit meme ever yet majority of /v/ likes it the most while trashing literally everything else and calling it mainstream millennial trash not seeing the irony.
>>
>>385068229
I get the same feel anon. These faggots don't even know what 'good' is anymore.
DOOM was pretty nice though. That's fairly recent. So it's not all trash.
>>
>>385072608
wow you're a complete fucking retard

degrees of skill don't exist in your universe
>>
>>385073801
>weeaboowatch
>the game straight up has the most Western of Western design cliches
you faggots don't even stop to think for a second before you spit out buzzwords. Lurk more, faggot
>>
>>385074451
no-one likes overwatch you fucking idiot
shut the fuck up nigglet
>>
>>385069981
Lado? Do you even know what that word means? Yes, it's an RPG, so what? It's perfectly fine to role play
>>
>>385074883
>>385074883
It's not a fucking RPG, it's a game where you do nothing for prolonged periods of time so you try to imagine you're this scavenger/hunter running for life before you die out of boredom
>>
>So what millenials want
So it's what you want?
>>
>>385075364
>do nothing
Where does this meme come from?

>At the first 10 minutes
You scan for other people who land near you and after scavenging a weapon you go hunt them down without mercy. Then you loot as much as possible depending on the zone
>after looting the initial areas
You try to get a vehicle and hunt down supply drops and other players. Alternatively depending on the zone you set up an ambush on a popular route to kill some more.
>final 10 minutes
The circle gets small and enemies are all around you. Tension builds as you try to stealth or win firefights

Where the fuck do you find the time to do nothing? There's constantly people to fight, loot to find, or somewhere to move.
>>
File: 1495746704287.jpg (263KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1495746704287.jpg
263KB, 1600x900px
>>385076560
>scan for other people
you mean, roam around without purpose other than to
>scavenging a weapon
loot
and then you
>hunt them down without mercy
LARP
and then you
>Then you loot
and then you
>try to get a vehicle
loot
and then you
>hunt down supply drops
loot
and then you
>set up an ambush
camp
and then you
>circle gets small
>Tension builds
RNG kicks in after camping

but it's fine since there are always
>loot to find
or
>somewhere to move
to find more loot
>>
>>385075367
Nothing, I'm aware that AAA games will never be good again. I'm just hoping that indie games will manage to have good TECHNOLOGY in the future, like the equivalents of AAA games back when had (Deus Ex, UT, Fear , MGS 2 etc)
>>
>>385071303
Think ahead to what? To where the circle is going to shrink to next? It's RNG.
>>
File: 1496963691673.gif (499KB, 500x286px) Image search: [Google]
1496963691673.gif
499KB, 500x286px
why does this game upset /v/ so much?
>>
ive literally never watched a stream of PUBG and I have been playing shooters for 20 years and i love it

fight me
>>
>There is only one proper way to enjoy things and you cannot enjoy more than one kind of thing.

Yeah dude, Unreal Tournament is a good game, but not every game has to be Unreal Tournament to be good.

Variety is the spice of life.
>>
>>385077307
Why is this board so filled with shills?
>>
>>385077260
But you're a millennial. so you declared that's the kind of game you want yes?
>>
>>385077307
popular = bad
come on you've been here long enough to know the rules
>>
>>385077684
poo in loo
>>
>>385068229
>It's... atmospheric for them? What is it?
It's fun.
>>
>it's a millenial (person between the ages of 18 and 30) complaining about millenials episode
>>
>>385068229
No, what millenials want are shitty noskill games that make them feel proskilled.

Thats why overwatch and this garbage camping simulator are popular. Overwatch requires less skill than splatoon, and pubesg lets you win by literally doing norhing but camp a spot .
>>
>>385080223
cowadoodie was like that as well, if you turned in the wrong direction you were dead because you moved to slow to be able to check another corner before a person there shot you. and if you get lucky few times in a row, have a killstreak. but at least cowadoodie wasn't an early access piece of shit.
>>
>>385077307
Its a meme social game filled with normalfag libtards, roasties and niggers and the dev is is a potato nigger faggot.
>>
>>385077307

Their years of playing shooters from the 90s isn't rewarded and actually often discouraged. If you cant hold down "w" and mindlessly tap space bar while getting kills by spamming projectiles in the general direction of enemies, the arenafags get really mad. They hate having to play with some strategy other than "go fast and jump." They suck under pressure and they can't just run away from every threat into the safety of an armor pack or power up.
>>
>>385072357
>rts is dead
Laughing ACUs
>>
>>385068229
Needs a night time map that takes place at a big, abandoned facility like Shadow Moses
>>
>>385081009
>(You)
>>
>So what millenials

Fuck off grandpa

>bare bones functionality

True, but it's early access with 100 player support, even AAA games can't do that anymore.

>tons of downtime

You're choosing to play this way. If you don't want downtime, don't take it. There's always something you could do. Take position, loot new areas, formulate strategy.

>"looting"

Is there any other kind?

>short bursts of action that is almost completely luck based

Short burst isn't inaccurate and it's only luck based if you don't plan ahead a few minutes

>without good gunplay or netcode

Netcode I'll hand to you, gunplay could be better by eliminating third person but it's decent

The rest is just saltposting.
>>
>>385068229
Millennials probably started flocking to this game after the dev outed himself as a sensitive tumblrina with PTSD
>HE REMINDED OF THIS ONE TIME I WAS ALMOST HIT... SO I BANNED HIM, I FUCKING BANNED. IT FELT GOOD, IT FELT... FUCKING... GOOD. ANYONE WHO WANTS TO USE PHYSICAL VIOLENCE AGAINST ME, IS FUCKING DEAD. YOU WON'T PLAY MY GAME AND I WON'T LET YOU FUCKING NEAR IT. NO MORE WARNINGS, YOU SPINELESS SNAKES. I INVENTED THE BATTLE ROYALE GENRE AND THESE TROLLS ARE FUCKING WORMS BENEATH ME. BRING IT ON YOU TOUGH SHITS. SEE HOW LONG YOU LAST IN MY FUCKING HOUSE
>>
>friend gets me to eventually buy the game
>have fun for a bit
>win a few times
>suddenly he turns into an ultimate tryhard
>ONLY PLAY TO WIN
>completely avoids combat
>does everything he can to make the game a chore to play
>feels proud of winning with like 1 kill
>"if you want to kill people go play Battlefield"

jesus christ
>>
>>385068229
you are a millennial unless youre nearly 40
>>
>>385081430
a college room-mate put him through a glass window; I think that's one of the few cases where it's ok to have some form of PTSD over it.
>>
>>385081624
*almost put him through a glass window. Being threatened with an action != enduring said action
>>
>>385081624
Getting PTSD over being put through a fucking window is an insult to the thousands of veterans suffering from PTSD who were held in brutal POW camps and underwent literal torture.
>>
>>385068390
yeah
>>
>>385081798
Soldiers are trained to deal with that shit though. PlayerUnknown is just a regular guy like you or me. We're not as tough as soldiers so it takes much less for us to traumatized. His PTSD is just as real if not, more real.
>>
>>385081536
I'd rather play with your friend than you, Anon.
>>
>>385081960
soldiers are definitely not trained to endure that shit. Nobody trains you to get shot, or shot at, or to kill innocent people, or to take another person's life. You're just kinda expected to deal with it.
>>
>>385081960
PlayerUnknown is an oversensitive little bitch who needs to man up and accept that life is tough sometimes.
>abloo bloo something bad happened to me once that means no one is allowed to be mean to me
Fuck off.
>>
>>385077175
LOL THIS IS ACTUALLY THE ENTIRE GAME HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>385077175
You can apply this to every thing in the universe, stop being so bloody obtuse
>>
>>385081536
I just play with my brother and cousin since we're all laid back. I actually dread any of my other friends wanting to come play because they're all tryhards.
>>
>>385068229
So... millennials
>audience leans forward
They're.... uhh...
>tension grows, chuckles start to burst out
You guys know the one right?
>the audience erupts into laughter
Playerunknowns!
>vomit spews forth from the audience as OP is awarded a Nobel peace prize for ending all wars and all wars to be with laughter
Its like they don't even know /v/ hates it!
>human life on Earth is extinguished as the force of laughter rapidly depletes oxygen from the atmosphere
>>
>>385068229
There's zero luck, it's 100% predicting interpersonal dynamics and player interactions. Or do you think succeeding at getting laid irl is luck too? Have you just been unlucky this whole time, anon?
>>
>>385081753
>>>/g/
>>
File: 1428200114578.gif (182KB, 190x190px)
1428200114578.gif
182KB, 190x190px
>scopey
>mcdonalds
>umpy
>n-dub
>suppy
>>
>>385081624
No, it really isnt you little bitch.
>>
I just bought it on a whim a few days ago, and it's been pretty decent fun. Hop in a game with three friends, jump off the plane to a sort of far off place, then make a go of it in some shitty Russian car with Uzis and pump shotguns. We were second place as a squad our first game in the middle of some farm, and got bodied halfway through our second game. There's lots of little tense moments between players where you don't want to shoot at them to let them know you're there, but you also see that you've got a clear shot at them. The circle constantly growing smaller is also a really great mechanic and makes sure that basically every time you play it's a little bit different.

I didn't buy Day Z, or H1Z1, or Rust or The Forest or 7 Days to Die, but my friends were playing this one, so I bought it, and it's decent fun. Runs like shit, but it's decent fun.
>>
>>385082371
>interpersonal dynamics

literal shill lol

keep LARPing
>>
File: 1499877312411.png (311KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1499877312411.png
311KB, 500x375px
>>385068229
It's a shit game on it's own but it gets really fun with a few friends to do operator shit with.
>>
File: 1405046671101.jpg (90KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1405046671101.jpg
90KB, 500x667px
You can enjoy more than one type of game, OP.

>>385072186
>Hunger Games
>when PUBG specifically has been marketed as being a game "like Battle Royale"
>>
>>385082204
have you considered, you know, not being mean to people and articulating your thoughts like an adult instead of resorting to threats and insults?
...who am i kidding, you're on /v/
>>
>>385082549
>LARPing
That's what all video games are, faggot. Might want to reconsider your hobbies.
>>
I kinda want to get this game to see high of a rank I can get without ever firing a shot. Just playing as a hide and seek master but at the same time I think that would get old after the 2nd match.
>>
>>385082581
Not an argument.
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>385068229
The concept isn't bad at all, but why do all of these Survival meme games have to have horrible programming and terrible shooting?
>>
The part of this game thaf annoys me the most is that nobe if the players are interesting. If you try to interact with someone rhey just shoot or
jump punch you without a word, even when you make yourself the least hostile possible.
I know I'm complaining about people playing the game the way it's meant to be and how they want, but it still bores me.
>>
>>385082204
you have to admit, it is a little ironic to see that post on this forum of all places. Half the people on this board can't cope with simple shit like leaving their house
>>
>>385068229
>millenials
why are you shitposting on 4chan if youre over 50, dont you have a deathbed to be laying on or something
>>
>>385081960
I'm not as tough as PlayerUnknown and was traumatized by being called dumb
>>
>>385082664
Yeah and the other half are normal, functioning people with actual social lives.
>>
>>385082641
There's no incentive for there to be anything more complex than players just killing each other on sight. I absolutely do want to see more games that drop a lot of players into a match and give them reason to work together though.
>>
>>385082641
It would be a bit more fun if more people got on voice. So many times I've tried to just goof off with a random person only for them to just shoot me. If anything they just say something like "get good" or "fuck off".
>>
>>385082078
No you wouldn't, because he frequently runs off on his own and then gets passive aggressive when he dies. He doesn't communicate to the point where the zone is closing in and rather than running towards the safe zone, he ran TOWARDS the blue line looking for a vehicle when we could of made it on foot.
>>
>>385082557
I don't know if I should feel sorry for you millenials. In my day "operator" games were MGS 2, FEAR, SWAT 4, CS (non bloatware version), Rainbow Six Vegas and you got... this.
>>
>>385082691
I really hope it wasn't a friend or family member that did that, Anon. You're smart, and cool, and awesome and nothing anyone says or does is going to change that!

>>385082636
Ditto that. Everything about the game is pretty alright but the actual interactions and gun play is just awful
>>
>>385082641
Isn't that what like day z and h1z1 or whatever is for though? I thought those were more for the RP side of this kind of game
>>
>you buy a game
>game gives you the option to kill anyone
>use that option
>get banned

It's incredible what millenials will justify. But then again they buy games that will never be finished.

>30 bucks for one (1) map

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>385082312
pretty much this, tryhards also are the first to take charge and the last to take blame when anything goes wrong.
>>
File: 1496898378948.jpg (1MB, 2826x4236px) Image search: [Google]
1496898378948.jpg
1MB, 2826x4236px
>>385082826
>Everything about the game is pretty alright but the actual interactions and gun play is just awful

I guess this really is a millenial hate thread.
>>
>>385082937
>>30 bucks for one (1) map
GTA has only had 1 map forever
>>
>>385082641
>>385082778
>>385082807
jesus christ you eurocucks are sad, go back to your PVE DayZ roleplay servers

any kind of interaction with other teams in pubg that isn't trying to make them lose and you win, even temporarily, is bannable
>>
>>385082818
I think maybe you should stop being so bitter due to your old age all the time, anon.
>>
>>385081798
Just because something worse could have happened doesn't mean that wasn't bad. Those POWs could've had to endure cannibalism, seeing their children raped and murdered, having to kill their own family, being eaten piece by piece by dogs, etc.

These things have happened to many people even in very recent history but I don't hear anyone saying that being starved most to death and having bamboo shoots shoved under your nails isn't awful. Some guy got thrown through a plate glass window (could kill you by the way not a super easy thing to do) by someone he lived with so okay he's got PTSD. It was traumatic.
>>
File: 1500830102032.jpg (37KB, 381x678px) Image search: [Google]
1500830102032.jpg
37KB, 381x678px
I have alot of friends telling me to buy this game and play it with them
I just can't bring myself to do it.
It just looks like flavor of the month garbage. The shitty reused engine, the redundant graphics I've seen in every early access game, the lack of physics. I feel like a couple months from now everyone will hate it
>>
>>385083208
There isn't even any proof that it happened. Also, if your roommate is so pissed off with you that he decides to throw you through a fucking window, then you must have done some pretty low-down shit to have that brought upon yourself. He was probably dumping his shitjugs down the kitchen sink or something.
>>
First person servers soon
>>
>>385068229
>I don't like thing
okay

I just finished second because I parked my car between a door and a house and hid there, and blasted 3 people who walked in front of the house. It felt godly and the short bursts of action are intense because they are short bursts.

Also the game is intended to be a mod platform with heavy mod support, and in 1 years time everyone will be playing some mod, not the base game
>>
>>385083120
>eurocucks
What

>roleplay servers
Jesus, can you project a little harder?
>>
>>385083248
>I feel like a couple months from now everyone will hate it

5 million copies sold and always 200k+ people but sure
>>
>>385068531
Companies started aiming their game's content towards the (larger) casual audience who don't really want to challenge themselves or are interested in good unique gameplay.

I could probably go on and on about it but these games attract a different fanbase who isn't interested in gameplay in the same way players used to.
>>
File: Pic_20170412_002919_3840x2160rs.jpg (838KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Pic_20170412_002919_3840x2160rs.jpg
838KB, 3840x2160px
>>385082937
>map is so big it's actually closer to like 8 maps
Someone needs to post the Blood Gulch comparison image that shows how big PUBG is and how small every other popular shooter map is..
>>
>>385083406
Dayz sold alot of copies and it's fucking trash
>>
>bare bones functionality

???
>>
>>385083338
Nope. Being delayed for another "health" patch
>>
>>385083406
the game is only 4 months old and there was just a steam sale. if you think come Christmas time the outlook for the game couldnt be quite different you are delusional.
>>
>>385077307
Because it's a game that's entertaining to play by yourself, but it only really shines when you can play with your friends.

And since it just so happens that people on /v/ have no friends
>>
>>385083524
>steam sale

at least get your facts right

the game didnt get any price drops
>>
>>385083406
>>385083524
400k simultaneous players, and the game has not ever been on sale.
>>
>>385068229
I call this growing new genre battle royale. This game is not the only one. I've seen some also in beta or in development.

This kind of games is interesting to me. Closed maps with a lot of actions like csgo becomes monotonous as you logged more hours into them. Planetside2 had the open huge maps but also the monotony. Dayz is pure randomness. These kinds of games are just right on everything.

You can feel the sense of achievement if you got good equips unlike in traditional shooters, Accomplishments can be random like go to this place, find a vehicle and not just one that is mostly kill the enemy and the match length is just right.

This is like scavenger hunt in real life but with guns.
>>
>>385083547
that would be an acceptable response if the game actually had any mechanics involving multiple allies...which there isn't outside of multi man vehicles.
>>
>>385083375
>project
what? did you even read the conversation? the people I was responding to were saying they want to roleplay in pubg. how is that projection? do you know what that word means?
>>
>>385081798
Perhaps they should have thought of that before they flew out there to murder innocent women and children.
>>
>>385083694
>what is the draft
Idiot. Never reply to me.
>>
>>385083625
>>385083628

non sale items still peak during the steam sales when people see there is no discount.
>>
>>385083328
Not really. Some people get triggered by what you see as dumb shit. I had a friend who laughed when I told him how one of my dogs died so I shoved him in front of a moving car. Fuck that guy.
>>
>>385081827
yeah?
>>
>>385082937
just how old do you think you are? you seem 15 by the way you post
>>
>>385083675
>res'ing downed teammates
>tagging the map
>can use voice comms from across the map
>can trade/swap/drop items
Try again, troll
>>
>>385083358
Is it possible to win without camping? Genuinely asking, not trying to shit post you. I just bought this and I basically just keep dying any time I enter a house or try to cross a street. And if I don't, I usually die entering the last circle
>>
>>385083759
Bring drafted is not an excuse to kill innocent people.
>>
>>385083785
its been in the top sellers for months
>>
I don't understand the appeal too anon. It doesn't strike me as being that stategic, get a bit of luck with weps and some easy surprise kill on peeps then gun it to the next stop

I guess it's probably high tension, having only 1 life you are always catious about what's around the next corner, but it doesn't seem like the game has much in terms of variety.

I haven't played it, just watched my brother play, he gave up on it after a few days saying it was just boring now and I'm not surprised.

It didn't seem like a lot of work went into making things mechanically balanced with the shooting etc too.

I guess it's just the newest game created with streamers in mind as it can create so many "omg hahah did you see that" moments. There will be a new game like it in a few months which most streamers and then audience will move to.

You got to remember the majority of the audience of those streamers are literally under 14, some as young as 9-10. They just like to watch someone 'cool' playing games they can't either due to parents not letting them or not being good enough because they are kids.

My friends nephew watches a lot of twitch, he's probably beyongd saving literally all he does is watch the popular streams and memes in chat, i don't know if he donates to people or not.
>>
>>385083852
so in other words its a flavor of the month bandwagon multiplayer with the same capabilities as 15 year old titles. thanks for clearing that up. if you havent noticed people play multiplayer shooters based on the playerbase not if they are better or worse than other titles.
>>
>>385083874
>>385083694
>all PoWs are american
>>
>>385084026
>>385083480
You boys love moving those goal posts so much : ))
>>
>>385083668
>I call this growing new genre battle royale.

wow did you come up with that yourself? *tips fedora*

stopped reading there since you're an idiot
>>
Literally the same reason people play MOBAs
you spend a short time grinding and getting stronger, which everyone likes doing, and then you have short opportunities to test your newfound strength.
>>
>>385083858
I've won games where I camped and some where I never stopped moving. It always boils down to positioning and the circle.
>>
File: 1497451255171.png (503KB, 623x623px) Image search: [Google]
1497451255171.png
503KB, 623x623px
>>385084090
>american armed forces are the only ones who kill innocent people
>>
It's fun for playing with friends.

You know, friends? Videogames?
>>
>>385084097
Well seeing as how PU invented the genre, I guess he should be the one to decide what it's called. I personally like the ring of PU-likes
>>
>>385084164
>defending your country from invaders is killing innocent people
>>
>>385084268
What? That's not what I said at all.
>>
>>385084171
This. Destiny, Borderlands, PUBG. All are much better with friends. Bonus points if your friends are epic and order you a triple bacon pizza when you get back from a long day of Uber'ing and Lyft'ing people.
>>
File: IMG_1975.png (37KB, 694x566px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1975.png
37KB, 694x566px
>>385084171
Video games aren't for fun here. They're a measure how much better I am than you depending on what you play because I'm aging badly and am miserable but I'm too in denial to ever realize it.
>>
>>385084094
no goalposts moved. just get triggered when people say stupid shit like:

>Because it's a game that's entertaining to play by yourself, but it only really shines when you can play with your friends.
>>
>>385081798
>le problem isn't a problem because it's not as bad
There are children starving in Africa.
>>
>>385083858
you can always make it to top 30 just by staying near the edge of the circles
reduce your weaknesses by using the circle as a funnel
staying deep in the circle is actually pretty dangerous, because anybody can come in from any side
>>
>>385077175
Well no shit? Getting the top gear and meds to survive until you're the last one standing is the entire point. So obviously everything is about looting
>>
>>385081536

>actually remaining friends with people who tryhard
>not having a group of guys that actively shames getting angry over a game

Sounds like the problem is with you, anon.
>>
>>385084343
>the chicken sandwich here is pretty good, but the deluxe chicken sandwich is even better :))
>UGH, W'AHHH JUST... BUT... NOOOOOOO *shits pants* YOU'RE BEING, UNH I CAN'T... FUCK YOUUUUU *sobs loudly*
>o.o
>>
>>385081536
I can't wait to play duos with my friend so we can fuck around and do stupid shit for fun.
>>
>>385083874
>>385083694
Are you that same guy who said Boone wasn't a good or redeemable character because of the Bitter Springs incident?
>>
>watching the top stream for this game right now
>you cant get shot if you go under water
>guy just swims away streamer can do nothing but watch

great game.
>>
File: royal.jpg (851KB, 2080x1677px) Image search: [Google]
royal.jpg
851KB, 2080x1677px
seriously just needs optimization, a few tweaked game modes [e-sports money] and an animu stylization to bring in the weebs. and you got a gold mine on your hands, i already know someone is trying to replicate this genre with a character maker to sell cosmetics and such.,
>>
>>385068229
It's not the game itself what makes it "good".

It's the bunch of adrenaline rushes that it gives, that makes it so addictive.
>>
>>385083693
Nobody said anything about roleplay, mong. Talking to people is not roleplay. Do you know what that word means?
>>
>>385068229
garbage
>>
>>385082371

>Zero luck
>Games are literally decided by the circles
>>
>>385084891
You have to be incredibly stupid to actually get caught outside the circle. They warn you and give you ample time to move before the gas/barrier starts moving, and even then you can easily outrun it.
>>
>>385084891
you usually don't want to start in the circle
higher chance of dying from other people
>>
>>385068229
the allusion of PUBG is that theyve spaced out combat and made it so sporadic and inconsistent that you can take many many hours before you realize the core gunplay AKA the core GAMEPLAY of that game is complete trash

if you had all guns and respawned instantly, and were confined to small area, you'd already dismiss the game and forgotten it already

the entire gimmick of PUBG is the allusion that the combat is worth the lulls, the reality is, the playerbase are all plebs, who need luls between fits of action, because otherwise, they'd burn out immediately, can't legitimately compete, and would understand immediately the game is trash/ they are trash at the game

its pretty good at disguising how trash it really is, and games journalists pros group fell for the bait, and started mimicking twitch streamers by doing streams of the game, but the problem is they fucking suck at the games, they just want to pretend to be relevant in the game's discussion, so they can all reaffirm their preconceived notion of the game being GOTY

they dont want to give zelda GOTY, because that would mean they are pandering to "Gamers" AKA the people they fucking hate, the contrarian choice is PUBG. its already been decided.
>>
File: 1323843925199.jpg (49KB, 311x393px)
1323843925199.jpg
49KB, 311x393px
>>385068229
It's a unique game, that's why. It is popular for the same reason minecraft became popular. Regardless of how shitty the graphics, mechanics, netcode, etc, etc are, there is some magic formula deep inside that resonates with a bunch of people.

In minecraft the magic formula was building something from nothing with teammates. Hundreds of clones ensued, notably Rust and ARK.

In PUBG the magic formula is fear of death. The commitment of a long queue time, long loot time, and overall long buildup before combat artificially induces a kick of adrenaline, that you do not get in games with respawn timers < 5 minutes. Whether or not this is a good gameplay mechanic or just a clever trick (similar to how coca cola employs the "clever trick" of throwing 10g of sugar in order to trick you into believing it tastes good) is another discussion, but this is the sole reason the game is popular.
Hundreds of clones will ensue, with at least one made by Ubisoft, you have my word.
>>
>>385085057
Back to the gas, bullet free ass.
>>
>>385069981
>LARP
You dumb nigga LARPing is playing airsoft (less so paintball but airsoft is the bigger offender)
>>
>>385085119
pubg isnt new, h1z1 did it before that, and player unknown designed their mode, also arma BR existed for like 2-3+ years before that
not to mention the countless BR games between h1z1 and pubg that came and went
>>
>>385072357

>Siege got destroyed by ubisoft
>10x more popular then it was at launch
>46,000 peak players in 24 hours
>Not counting all the users NOT on steam and only uPlay

Siege is doing absolutely fantastic right now. Granted there's still some hit reg issues and random bugs with Operation Health, but it's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better then what it used to be, and one of the best shooters out there at the moment.
>>
>>385085260
LARPing is throwing lightning bolts irl
>>
>>385084970
>>385085057
Doesn't change the fact that the circles are random and can easily affect the outcome of a game. Especially when you get down to the last one or two.
>in a comfy fort with windows facing the rest of the circle
>next circle keeps me safe in my pillow fort
>final circle forces me to the corner of the building
>start popping first aids while using third person camera to keep an eye on my flank
>last guy comes for me
>vector mag dump on him
>win a game i shouldn't have because the game was on my side
>>
i had fun for about 30 hours, now i'm sort of fatigued by it. every game plays out basically the same in solo/duos

>drop
>loot
>maybe die if a guy near you happens to find a gun and you dont
>kind of just aimlessly wander around looting shit
>camp some place for a while
>kill some unlucky people who happen to wander into your area
>take pot shots at people
>hope circle rng is on your side
>die usually because some other guy/team had been essentially afk 100 yards behind you for 30 minutes straight, or because shit circle rng and you have to move into an area with 0 cover as you are silhouetted against the sky or something

sqaud games are fun provided everyone isnt complete trash, ive won more squad games than anything else, but most of the time some shitter will just get killed in the first 5 minutes and youll be at a disadvantage the whole game, or simply having 4 people will force a more active playstyle mentality where you are moving a lot instead of playing it safe as you would in solo/duos, leading to just getting sniped out in the open somewhere
>>
>>385084970
Someone has never been forced to run across a barren field where the last team is bunkered in a house because of the circle before I see.
>>
File: 1490472578062.jpg (120KB, 500x500px)
1490472578062.jpg
120KB, 500x500px
You know, for a industry focused on a casual audience, I dont know why anyone hasnt went after the barrent hardcore market, which are the people who grew up through the 90s and 00s playing nes through pc. Thats a large untapped market, myself included.
>>
>>385085794
The longer the game is out it, the more that more players kinda catch on to what works too, so you have a lot of people trying to 'slow creep' the circles and some games you have more people doing long distance parachute drops away from the plane and less people dropping straight down on crowded complexes. It's weird and kinda gives the game a dynamic self aware meta but it's still samey after enough games
>>
>>385085946

The best course of action is to just go to the military base every time. Caring about w/l in a game where the highest w to l ratio is like 14% is fucking dumb. You either die right away and restart, or get the best shit immediately and have a huge edge on everyone else.
>>
>>385082685
>over 50
Nice, the age bracket for "millenials" keeps going up. Next it will include people born in the sixties.
>>
>>385086052
I just want the game to have replay functionality in on every match so I can see how badly the folks at the top of the leaderboards are cheating.
>>
If first person was forced and third person servers never existed, I'd consider playing it. Currently, I'm not interested in another camera peek fest like dayz.
>>
>>385085064
Okay, but WHY is the gunplay trash? The randomized recoil patterns? Or what?
>>
File: 1372275870114.png (217KB, 306x439px)
1372275870114.png
217KB, 306x439px
>>385068531
Why wouldn't you think that? When has something becoming available to the masses ever made it better? Did art get better when any pleb could make things with photoshop? Fuck no. Did music get better when any dipshit could get their hands on ProTools? Absolutely not.

Why would videogames be an exception to the rule?
>>
>>385085925
You have to keep in mind a huge portion of those people are a lot like barking dogs, they yell a lot about how they miss something, then find excuses to crucify the games that appeal to them because they don't fit whatever nostalgia ridden vision they have with the past. It's a huge risk marketing to those type of people specifically. And I didn't mean that as a stab at you, but just moreso in general.
>>
>>385081536
>play pubg
>retarded ADD-addled friend gets killed in the first 5 minutes of the game by driving a jeep through a town with a bunch of open doors because he wanted to run someone over or something every time
>have to just restart endlessly to accommodate him
>you already got that shit out of your system in the first 2 hours and just want to play the game to win in the way you pretty much have to

I bet you actually interact with the degenerates and normies in the starting lobby, too.
>>
>>385084207
You know that Battle Royale is named after a movie right?
>>
>>385086168
Lack of "weight" or "feel" combined with shoddy netcode and occasional stutters that seem to pop up as gun fights start make gun fights kinda unenjoyable
>>
>>385086549
>combined with shoddy netcode
Still a bit shit that weapon hits are fully client-side confirmed. Makes it obvious when someone is cheating when they head-shot you through your lvl3 helmet.
>>
>>385086547
And the movie came from manga which came from a light novel, yes yes, thank you Mr. Weeb. PU invented the VIDEO GAME genre. By all rights it should be called PUlikes, PUBGlikes, or Battlegrounds genre but lots of people call it Battle Royale because it reminds them of the stupid story that no one's read or cares about anymore
>>
>>385086389
I hear a lot about how people like us are vocal, but I'm sure that's mostly a large made up assumption by the big wigs and the industry in general. Because if they were actually listening to those folks who were barking loud, they would be making games for us. No game has been made for a long time that appeals to a guy like me that were playing games where dying was actually an act of learning. The recent Crash reaction is such a great example of the state of the industry's normal gamers. A lot of modern games lack length and content, and when they try to fake either like old rpgs did, they end up looking even worse. There won't be games like that for a long time because these companies arent taking risks. They arent throwing away their charts or tables and that's because they have this reliable force of nature that isn't very smart or informed, and will buy anything cause they have low willpower.

So I know why they stopped going after nerds or the above average guy, cause we were and are the biggest critics of video games. We know when we're being taken as fools, which is why all the trends have steered away from us and toward the casual gamers.
>>
>>385086168

netcode is trash, animations are clunky, third person mode is a crutch

pretty sure bullet drop is entirely determined by what scope youre using. like im 99% sure that every gun is hitscan with the holographic or red dot
>>
The friggin game won't even start for me, nothing pops up.
I've tried:

verifying integrity of game files
deleting PUBG's .ini file then verifying integrity of game files
reinstalling the 32 and 64 version of vc_redist 2013 and vc_redist 2015 (couldn't find vc_redist 2017)
rebooting computer
installing the windows KB2999226 driver (already had it)
uninstalling and reinstalling PUBG

I'm running out of shit to try.
>>
>>385077673
>If you even MENTION a game, you're a shill
Every time
>>
>>385086672
>basic pvp is now an entirely new and innovative genre
>>
>>385086672
So what do you call the hunger games mod for mine craft? Not a single life looting deathmatch?

PlayerUnknown didn't invent jack shit. He just slapped his name on the front.
>>
>>385086880
>ad socke puppetis
Not what I said. I said he invented high player count free for all combat where everyone must look and scavenge for weapons as the map becomes more and more hazardous over time
Which is completely different from how it played out in the manga
>>
>>385068229
Hopefully they add other mechanics, like night time and weather.
>>
>>385068229
>Yet another "fuck people having fun" thread
>>
>>385077305
don't put yourself in a position so when you get a bad circle you get killed by it
kys
>>
>>385087132
They are adding weather and window/fence climbing mechanics.

Night time in games is stupid. People end up just jacking up their screens gamma and brightness.
>>
>>385087132
>food mechanics
>temperature mechanics (force you to change clothes depending on area/time of day)
>vehicle repair/reinforcing
Could be neat
>>
>>385087112
Ok I found the problem.

You don't know what the word "invent" means. It's simple though, it just means that something NEW, that DID NOT EXIST PREVIOUSLY, has been created.

Now, not only has this basic style of pvp been NOT been invented by your fav normie scammer, but it's been a known thing for literal decades.
>>
>>385087112
player unknown did not 'invent' the battle royale style video game, but he was the first person to do it successfully.
>>
>>385087132
>>385087248
I want a high-fog weather at a low % chance on match start so your 4/8/16x scopes become worthless.
>>
>>385087278
No. NO.
If you want to play a survival sandbox piece of shit, then you can go play those.
PUBG is about dropping in and trying to kill everyone in 30 minutes. That's why its so popular you dipshit.
>>
>>385087523

high-fog would literally be unplayable because there would be 80 people left in the 5th circle and everyone will be crouched in a bush hoping someone brushes up against them.

the existing rainy servers are bad enough.
>>
>>385087718
Sounds great desu
>>
>>385081421
It does 100 players badly and the map dilutes the whole playerbase so much that most of the game is fucking downtime, and running through houses desperately searching for loot doesn't account for actual playtime. Oh yeah and let's not pretend like the loot isn't purely RNG, either, when somebody picks up Lv. 3 armor and an SKS with a 4x in the first five minutes while another motherfucker got stuck with a pistol and three Uzis who the fuck is lucky. And that shit does fucking happen. There is no valid argument for this game other than "I suck streamer cock" or "I love shitty gimmicks"
>>
>>385068229
Get to top 5 even once and you'll see why people play it.
>>
This game is garbage at best and unplayable at worst. People fell for a shitty ass korean studio whose best current game on the market was a shitty korean phone game about bowling. These are the fucks that brought you Tera and Devilian, so they sure do know how to keep up a game!

Dipshits. They already said their code is atrocious. Memory leaks. Then you have bug after bug being added during patches that fix 4 things and are 6gbs. Monthly patches? More like every 3rd month. Fuckin lel
>>
File: pubg marketplace.png (63KB, 645x682px) Image search: [Google]
pubg marketplace.png
63KB, 645x682px
Holy fuck
>>
>>385087718
That sounds pretty great for a big mash-up.

I also want a 50-player mode variant which is 50 players, all on military island only.
>>
File: 1.jpg (28KB, 396x396px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
28KB, 396x396px
>mfw every single one of my friends has this fucking game
>keep telling me to get it

No way fuckers. PUBG is an example of a video game that has almost everything I don't want in a video game. This realistic set up, combined with the looting system and and the absolute boring gameplay is something that will never be interesting, ever.

I don't know who these people are who keep buying these big open world shooters/loot focused video games with awkward semi-realistic gunplay are, but their taste is fucking garbage. I don't know if it's realismfags or something else entirely, but I wish they'd fuck off.
>>
>>385087996
Well, maybe you shouldnt pick a long range fight with an UZI agaisnt an SKS? But when inside a building or if you sneak up on him, you've got a massive advantage regardless of the SKS players armor.

You act like every single shootout in the game happens at 200 meters in the open with no way to close the gap or retreat or flank
>>
>>385085331
The lowest common denominator for fps games fanboy siege

I play siege but I play it like CoD, anyone who says the game isn't similar to CoD has to be kidding themselves. 3 speed is fucking broken right now because of the garbage hitbox, and if you're not peeking first (or spawn peeking), the region switchers will destroy you.

Not to mention siege fanbase is one of the worst, calling league/csgo/ow fans terrible when you can expect spawn killers with no repercussion because they game the autokick feature (and of course, the region switchers, bug abusers, afkers in ranked). Siege takes next to no skill to play, once you learn the basics, it becomes call of duty with destructible environment, if the game doesn't glitch and rubberband you or choose not to destroy the environment that is.
>>
>>385088178
>Realism
>>
Millenials wanted Arma, now that they finally dumbed it down enough they can finally play it without having to memorize confusing button layouts and realistic ballistics, those are for dumb boring people.
>>
>>385088248
You're a fucking retard, have fun in your shitty camping sim waiting five minutes for homeboy to stand you up, and kill you five minutes after you leave since he's camped up behind you, cunt.
>>
I'm bitter and don't have friends: the thread
>>
>>385068229
>>385086151
>Millennial
>There's that weasel word again
Millennial is just a marketing buzzword for young adult. It has been 18-34 for like the past 10 years. If you can age out of your own generation it isn't really a real generation is it?
>>
>>385088334
Plenty of casuals who play it probably play it because they feel it's realistic. May not be to us, but I guarantee that others feel like it's the realest fucking thing they've touched in their life.
>>
>>385088328
If it wasn't for the peekers advantage, the hitboxes, and the awkward perspectives the game would be one of the best shooters out there.

I wanted to get balls deep into the ranked mode, but from what I've heard from other anons is once you get to a high enough rank the game boils down to people ping exploiting and using 3 speed operators to get a big advantage over you.

Like, how the fuck did Ubi think it was acceptable to have players get up to a full second of visual advantage over another player in a game were all headshots are 1 shot kills? When you're playing against other good players and you're struggling to beat them that 1 second advantage can completely make shit unwinnable.
>>
>>385088373
Arma is shit too.
>>
>>385088776
You jump out of a plane and super-man punch people while running away from a blue wall of death and healing by drinking red bull.

No one plays this for the realism
>>
>>385088735
This. I'm taking a break from the privately hosted rave on my yacht to browse /v/ and this thread just has me groaning and rolling my eyes. Almost soured the taste of the fresh halibut I had made for tonight. Sometimes, I'm glad I'm not one of these miserable idiots
>>
>>385088405
>I run around like a retard and cant pay attention to my surroundings or visibility
>enemies who see me running in the open a mile away take a position to shoot my retarded arse
>die like a shitter
>WAHHH CAMPING SIM NO SKILL WAHH WAITING SIMULATOR BAWW

Anon you should stop coming to these threads.
>>
>>385086745
nvm I fixed it ;)
>>
>>385068229
You keep making threads about this shit so I bought it to try it out, its pretty fun
>>
File: doggo.png (244KB, 429x367px) Image search: [Google]
doggo.png
244KB, 429x367px
>>385070632
>fun with indie games
>>
>>385086991
name ONE other battle royale game
>>
File: LaughingWoman.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
LaughingWoman.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>ITT: "It's not Unreal Tournament, CS 1.6, or Quake; it sucks."
>>
>>385081421
>falling for the early access meme
As somebody who readily invested in Dayz Standalone when it first came out, you're making a huge mistake anon.
>>
>>385090029
Welcome to /v/!

Fun is for fags
>>
>>385074686
t. butt bothered gook cum guzzler
>>
>>385090140
Pubg is ea done right though. It's already entirely more playable than dayz
>>
>>385068229
>tries to claim it's barebones
>can't describe in without using several sentences
>>
>>385068531
>comparing a arena shooter to a battle royale game

kys
>>
>>385069981
>every game should have fun gameplay

so what's your problem with pubg then exactly? So far alls you've done is try to compare it to a game it's not trying to be anything like
>>
>>385090372
Not OP, but the gameplay is terrible. Don't compare it to a AAA shooter, compare to any 3rd person shooter.

Tell us one 3rd person shooter that has worse gameplay/shooting mechanics/gunplay than PUBG.
>>
>>385082956
Easily solved by everyone taking turns to tell everyone else when to jump out of the plane and what your ebin strategy is for this round.
>>
>>385081536
I don't even get it.
Avoiding people in that game is a fantastic way to be extremely under-powered in the last 10 minutes, and basically guarantees your instant-death from others who have the aggregate loot of everyone they kill, and the people who those people killed.
>>
It's an objectively shitty game but it's fun to play, especially in squads, and it's also fun to watch, but only when the player is exceptionally gud.
>>
>>385090751
>gameplay is terrible
ok buddy
>>
File: Do it.jpg (104KB, 550x397px)
Do it.jpg
104KB, 550x397px
>>385083874
>le "war is always bad"
>"All soldiers are immoral criminals"{
>"I'm so moral and totally understand how the world works"
Maybe millennials were a mistake after all
>>
>>385077175
>haha if i act like a retard then i automatically the argument
Can't you just go away
>>
>>385090930
pretty much this
>>
>>385090947
You probably never played good shooters in your life LUL
Typical PUBG underaged fan
>>
File: IMG_1953.gif (470KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1953.gif
470KB, 200x200px
>>385091086
Ummmm, I'll have u know I'm diamond in overwatch u fat bitch
>>
>>385086704
>pretty sure bullet drop is entirely determined by what scope youre using. like im 99% sure that every gun is hitscan with the holographic or red dot
Every fucking time someone talks about the gunplay they prove that they know nothing about it
No that is absolutely not the case
>>
>competitive shooter
>RNG out of its mind

HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>385083523
wtf is a health patch
>>
File: 1447396175741.gif (4MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
1447396175741.gif
4MB, 240x180px
>>385068229
>Gun Flashes and Tracers much more visible and brighter
>Destructible buildings and trees
>breathing and footsteps are louder
>some sort of system to prevent lag like tf2 does
>controllable planes, helis and tanks that require teamwork to properly use
>can prone under vehicles to avoid getting run over, if you're fast enough you can do a button prompt to attach a c4 or some explosive to the underside of the vehicle
>first person only servers (which are coming anyway I think)
>a last-man-standing mode where there are no closing walls, but there is a global time limit of maybe half an hour, the person with the most kills wins
>no messages for kills
???
>>
>>385086704
the close combat is pathetic. phone games have better netcode
>>
File: Wesker computer.png (137KB, 300x300px)
Wesker computer.png
137KB, 300x300px
>just now learned clothing items can be traded through Steam Trade
>can finally convert my shitty clothes into BP

Anyone out there have a gas mask/breather? That's all I want...and maybe some Punk gloves/boots and a trenchcoat.
>>
>8 km2 map
>people will still blame rng when they get shot from behind past the first minute
>>
>3rd person view
>basically wall hacks
how can anyone think this is a legit competitive shooter. just have your "fun"
>>
Managing your position in or around the circles seems to already be too much for the average player causing them to believe the source of their loss are the circles. Not to mention loot is random so even if you go to a high chance area, it may take you more than 10 minutes to have an optimal loadout by looting every possible building increasing the necessity of managing your position around the white circle unless you're already in it. Let's take into consideration that even if you have an optimal load-out, you have one life to achieve WWCD so you need to balance stealth and aggressive tactics in order to not be killed by the playzone or enemy players. I mean this is a large scale game so it is going to take as long as it needs to.

Off topic, but imagine if there was a similar mode for Quake or Unreal Tournament, the map would need to be drastically smaller, maybe on the scale of an Onslaught or Warfare map from Unreal Tournament.
>>
>>385085925
>Thats a large untapped market
Actually it isn't. That is why it doesn't worth risking a "hardcore" game. If you appeal to casuals - even if your game gets shit on everywhere - you will cash in more profit than you may get from a successfull hardcore game.

No wonder almost every game, even the highly praised ones have a dogshit easy difficulty everyone can beat.
>>
File: 1500838948708.gif (680KB, 500x496px) Image search: [Google]
1500838948708.gif
680KB, 500x496px
>>385077307
Because it's popular and subsequently a twitch hit, so the neckbeard hivemind hates it regardless of its merits.
>>
>>385077175
You boiled something down to the point that it doesnt sound fun anymore. You can do that with any game no matter how good or bad
>>
>>385085925
Because there's actually very few 'hardcore' players left. Even of thse that used to play loadse quake back then- half of them are over 30 and have other obligations than gitting gud at a harcore fps
There's been a flood of new arena shooters in the last few years and they all have pathetic playercounts
>>
>>385091349
You trying to break a perfect formula, son? The only thing this game needs added are some binoculars and a dedicated shooting range mode.
>>
>strafe blink
>melee attacks
>3rd wallhack
>vehicle physics
>20 min looting
>camper game
>desync
>bulletproof rails
>hear footsteps two houses away
>dropped out of the car when knocked out
Yeah sure let's have some F-U-N guys
>>
File: a64d106751.png (114KB, 361x406px) Image search: [Google]
a64d106751.png
114KB, 361x406px
I know that I am hours late and 300+ posts too late, but holy fuck, OP and by extension everyone who shit talks this game are absolute retards.

>Didn't popularity of DayZ as opposed to Left 4 Dead prove that consumers don't care about level design
DayZ came out in 2013....... and Left 4 Dead 2 came out in 2009.......

THAT'S FOUR FUCKING YEARS? ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS? ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS OP? ARE YOU ABSOLUTELY FUCKING SERIOUS? HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU BE THIS FUCKING RETARDED.

THEY'RE NOT EVEN THE SAME GAME BESIDES THEM BOTH HAVING ZOMBIES IN THEM. KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF
>>
>>385091919
>can't drink sodas while in a car
I just want to be a fun boy. My mom doesn't let me drink soda in her shitty Honda so it'd be nice to do it in a video game
>>
>>385087996
The competent UZI player will start to hunt other players the second he picks his little rapemachine up, which leads to the possession of a fancy new sks within the minute
Play to your strenghths, avoid your weaknesses
Or run out in the open with your unscoped uzi and get sniped by a sks player, then proceed to bitch about how shit the game is on your favourite myanmarian buddhist temple
>>
File: 1446835683568.jpg (60KB, 640x364px) Image search: [Google]
1446835683568.jpg
60KB, 640x364px
>>385081536
>First match with some faggots that convinced me to buy it thank you based early access refund plicy
>They see the plane's flight path and give me the laydown on different places we can drop
>Talk about how high loot area's turn into immediate shitshows because multiple people aim for them
>"Like the school we'll be going over has a lot of stuff but you need to kill a bunch of dudes right of the bat if you-"
>"We go there"
>"You sure? This is your first match man you could bit it real easy"
"My skull will support the throne as well as anothers."
>The one dude that has been mostly quiet while the other guys explain all this shit pipes up finally "Blood for the blood god." and dives out over the school
>>
>change game files
>see players behind bushes miles away
HAHAHA nice job
>>
>>385091349
>can prone under vehicles to avoid getting run over
What are you, fucking retarded?
>>
>>385081798
Their fault for joining the military like a fucking retard
>>
>>385091981
I'm gay. I like men.
>>
>>385091570
What merits does it have?

Oh wait you're a dudebro who didn't play the dozens of mods which this game is now ripping off 5 years later. Gotcha.
>>
File: pugbtitanic.jpg (119KB, 978x899px) Image search: [Google]
pugbtitanic.jpg
119KB, 978x899px
This is achieving TORTANIC level of droning.

Stay tuned.
>>
>>385092620
Uhhhhhhhhhh

He's not wrong?
>>
>>385092496
This is developed by the same guy who made those mods you retard
>>
>>385092731
>uhhhhhhhhh how dare you write a negative post of the game I love u r a fucking idiot im literaly married to this game dude
>>
>>385092849
Why wouldn't you just play those mods then?

>bawww too many buttons my head hurts
So it doesn't have any merits after all other than being dumbed down for normies?

Okey dokey.
>>
>>385093167
why do people play dota2 instead of dota
>>
>>385093275
Because muh graphics? PUBG doesn't look any different from Arma, maybe worse.
>>
>>385093362
>Because muh graphics?
no
Because not being restricted by the framework of another game allows you to have more freedom on the features you want in your game
>>
>>385093167
>A3 is better just because its more janky

Wow this logic
>>
>>385088938
this kills the anon
>>
>>385083837
yeah
>>
File: 1499044588221.png (649KB, 666x1066px) Image search: [Google]
1499044588221.png
649KB, 666x1066px
Why not just play GTA Online? Free roam is basically a battle royal and it has more customization
>>
>>385093408
>features
Like what?
>>
>>385093440
Only thing janky here is your undeveloped normiebrain.
>>
File: dayumson.jpg (2KB, 125x112px) Image search: [Google]
dayumson.jpg
2KB, 125x112px
>>385084408
>the entire point of the game is getting the best RNG for loot
Horrendous
>>
>>385093776
Can't tell if reddit or underage

Possibly both
>>
>>385093668
>Free roam is basically a battle royal
Except that the map doesn't get smaller and you can just instantly respawn, so it's basically not like battle royal at all.
>>
>>385093903
>pubg loving normie calls other people redditors and underage
________________(You)______________
>>
The game is indicative of the cancerous lump on the gaming scene - which is the state of multiplayer.

Every game tries to be competitive and all of them forget to be good at the same time.

Ive literally got friends offering to pay half of the cost of this game so I will play it with them. I imagine thats because its really shitty to play by yourself. Because its a shitty game.
>>
>>385093998
Did mummy forget to turn off her laptop before bed?
Or did you guess the password you clever boy?
>>
>>385090751
Dayz
>>
>>385094178

He said worse, not the same.
>>
File: 135252817458.jpg (34KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
135252817458.jpg
34KB, 413x395px
@385094127
>kid couldn't figure out how to play Arma of all games
>now acts high and almighty on 4chan calling other people kids
>all this while admitting to idolize PUBG
Now you're getting greedy, no more (You)'s for (You).
>>
>>385094080
>this
>competitive
Unless you use it in the most literal case, in which video games have been trying to be competitive since forever, it's not really aiming to be competitive in the modern esports sense
>>
File: 4c3.png (29KB, 234x347px)
4c3.png
29KB, 234x347px
>>385094127

>gets thrashed by anon
>triggers
>starts shitposting

Nigga you definitely PUBG trash for sure.
>>
>>385094285
>Can't come up with a single counter-argument
>Starts sperging out like a 12-year old with downs

Really thrashed there kiddo
>>
File: 1471676587684.jpg (38KB, 372x399px) Image search: [Google]
1471676587684.jpg
38KB, 372x399px
>>385094408

pubg is a containment device for autistic retards with shit taste. i am glad we have it, personally. normally it keeps you children busy for most of the day
>>
>>385094595
Can you at least make an effort not to sound like an 8th grader? Thanks
>>
File: 1483113039460.png (227KB, 572x380px) Image search: [Google]
1483113039460.png
227KB, 572x380px
>>385094901

listen kid, all memes aside. you have shit taste. your game is objectively shit. i understand you may have shit taste and enjoy it, but the truth is we all look down on you. i know you feel like you have to defend it but you really dont. if you enjoy it, keep playing, because nobody else wants to play with you anyways, because you have shit taste, and you suck dick at video games.
>>
>>385095085
Man, I feel bad for you. Are you really this lonely? No friends in school? That's ok, it'll maybe get better when you get into high school
>>
I never really understood what *tips fedora* meant until i read this thread.
>>
File: 1499895313148.jpg (26KB, 629x638px) Image search: [Google]
1499895313148.jpg
26KB, 629x638px
>>385095515

guy just stop, you lost. your roast is weak and youre pathetic.
>>
Look, here's the thing about the game: from a technical standpoint, it's pretty much fucking garbage. Bugs out the ass, it feels like it was optimized by an actual neanderthal, and they're advertising clambering as a major new mechanic. Plus, there's only one fucking map. It doesn't matter that they're working on more, there's still only one goddamn map.
Plus, they're so fucking bad at rendering clothes that the clothing pick ups on the ground are all the same basic white shirt.

That being said, playing it has created some of my fondest and most tense vidya memories. This might partially be because I have two other friends that play it with me regularly. But even in solo queue, I kept having the same amount of fun. I realize that the circle is fucking bullshit and is nowhere close to being balanced, and that there's certain parts of the game that are essentially ruled by blind luck, but goddamn it's fun.
I won a solo game earlier with 9 kills, and it was because I posted up on a watchtower with a SCAR and a 4X and plinked everyone who happened to walk near me. I completely lucked out on the play zone too, even though I was like the only guy to go to the Military Base that round.
>>
>it's the "/v/ pretends to like a shit game just to rile up the rest of /v/" thread
>>
>>385095784
Exactly this

The game is 100% complete garbage. Everything from servers, to code, to minor details, 100% trash. The studio has no fucking clue what to, evident by random ass patches, patches taking forever and being unfathomably large and unoptimized, and not fixing what needs to be fixed

But hey, it is fun with your friends, that is until you get tired of how awful it is. The mean is probably around 200 hours, most I've talked to get burned out by then
Thread posts: 305
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.