[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good Bullet Hell Style Game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: th0ND671QK.jpg (21KB, 291x175px) Image search: [Google]
th0ND671QK.jpg
21KB, 291x175px
I'm Looking for a decent bullet hell game with good replayability. I was thinking Nuclear Throne or Enter the Gungeon. Thoughts and recommendations from /v/ ?
>>
Gungeon is polished but sluggishly-paced, your mileage will vary depending on your personal tastes.
Nuclear Throne is lightning-fast but unfinished and abandoned, so you're better off downloading the DRM-free version of Nuclear Throne Together because the community cares more about the game than the developers do.
>>
File: Rabi-Ribi-Review-7.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Rabi-Ribi-Review-7.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Rabi-Ribi, if you can get over the fact it looks like total weeb waifu bait but the gameplay is genuinely good. Its a metroidvania style game but the boss fights have a bullet hell style to them and the OST is fantastic.
>>
>>385066135
Unfinished how? Last I recall the game was completely done.
>>
Jamestown
>>
Nuclear Throne is way better than gungeon and a great game. Gungeon is ok and has more optional challenges+unlocks and weapons but it's just way too slow paced and many of those weapons are functionally very similar.
>>
>>385066435
The game is full of bugs and the devs are too busy tweeting SJW shit instead of fixing their fucking game.
>>
>>385066435
you can shit on a podium and call it a finished art piece, that doesn't make it a good painting.
That being said, vanilla throne is really good, it just has it's ingrown quirks, give ntt a shot, while you have it installed it renames the vanilla exe so you can play either.
also, after playing gungeon for so long it takes a few runs for my eyes to adjust. they may be cut from the same cloth, but they are two different beasts.
>>
>>385066435
More than 50% of what was promised during early access never came to fruition. They shoved it out the door to meet the Sony release date that they agreed to and then never touched it again. While the PS4 version got a single bugfix patch that fixed only a handful of bugs, god help you if you were a sorry enough sap to have gotten the abomination that is the Vita version.
>>
>>385066524
Ha I looked this up. What an odd theme for a game.
>>
Touhou
>>
>>385065335
Gungeon isn't good. Throne suffers from being locked to 30 FPS. Although someone did develop a mod for it that ups the frame rate to 60, it's incomplete and will probably never be finished.
>>
Ikaruga
Mushihimesama
Toho project

You can play shittons of great danmaku games can with MAME.

Good games from recent times that basically aren't shooters but feature bullet hell mechanics:
Nier Gestalt/Replicant
Nier Automata
Furi
Undertale
>>
I haven't seen a bug in 50 hours of playing Vanilla NT
>>
>>385065335
Throne is more fun in my opinion. Gungeon is grindy as fuck. Also enemy health scaling is pretty obnoxious, where the later you get in the levels, the more hp even the most basic enemy has. Everything feels super bullet spongey.
>>
File: 1499649726459.png (182KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
1499649726459.png
182KB, 409x409px
Nuclear Throne and Gungeon are two completely different games.

Nuclear Throne has more RNG elements that you can EVENTUALLY circumvent and store weapons for each character and with different crowns. Each character plays extremely different and gives very unique playthroughs every time. Plus there are a fuck ton of secrets and hidden shit. It's short and replayable, and fairly challenging, if not a little bullshit at times.

Gungeon on the other hand, is more of a shmup with puzzles. It's slower, but it rewards progression differently. It's challenging because of the sheer amount of enemies the game throws at you though, but it's more fair in the sense that the game is more consistent.

I'm kind of biased because I put in like 5 times as many hours into nuclear throne since that was the first one I played.
>>
>>385067194
Really the Nier games? Ive never played one and going from screens always thought it was like a JRPG or ARPG. Is this why they are popular?
>>
>>385067209
>The entirety of co-op doesn't work.
>Inputs are dropped entirely if you make them during hitstop, which for some reason they call "freeze frames" like it's a fucking movie.
>Crown vaults still get fucked on the regular
>Vault statues maintain rads from previous runs. Have fun with IDPD spawning the instant you enter the stage just because
>Since hits connecting depends on a hitstun animation for the target, attacks will either deal more damage than they should or no damage at all.
>The above bug also works against the player in special circumstances
>Ice that literally does nothing
>Enemy AI is literally coded to shoot first, aim later.
>The game just fucking crashes if you go too far into the game
For playing 50 hours, you must not be getting very far or paying any attention at all.
>>
Don't get Gungeon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyEE6hz9Vgg

Nuclear Throne is decent, but there's better games out there. Although it still depends on what you're going for.

I'd agree with >>385067194 and say Ikaruga. Gorgeous and fun game. Mushihimesama is really good too. 2hu's a good game series with a shit fanbase obsessed about shit waifus.

Otherwise, with MAME, I'd suggest trying out games like ESP Ra.De. and ProGear.
>>
File: MONOLITH8.png (582KB, 640x735px) Image search: [Google]
MONOLITH8.png
582KB, 640x735px
>>385065335
Monolith by D-13. I don't think I've seen it mentioned here on /v/ yet, which is a shame because it really is a gem of a game. Just got a free content patch recently that adds a lot of stuff for replayability, and I think the dev has plans to continue to update the game over time.
>>
File: stags.png (242KB, 691x626px) Image search: [Google]
stags.png
242KB, 691x626px
>>385065335
Jesus christ, "bullet hell" has really become a meaningless term now
>>
>>385065335

500+ hours in Nuclear Throne. Looped with every character. Still haven't double looped.

Gungeon bored me. It's too slow
>>
>>385067570
I guess I have not been paying attention then
>>
>>385067572
This review is pretty accurate. There is a lot of downtime and the general pacing of the game feels way too slow for what it should be.
>>
>>385067572
quit shilling your videos here aboveup
>>
>>385068103
Nice thanks. Looking into this now.
>>
>>385065335
Pirate NT if you're going to play it. (((Rami))) is a faggot SJW who doesn't deserve money.

Gungeon is OK but nothing spectacular.

If you're looking for more shmuppy bullet hells stay away from 2hu since it's uber casual weeb trash and instead play CAVE games.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.