[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think I finally understand why so many people dislike this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 46

File: 1479379418866.jpg (726KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1479379418866.jpg
726KB, 1920x1080px
I think I finally understand why so many people dislike this game so much.

None of the "Cool" skills ever change as you level.

>Conjuration
At max level you can summon the things you've been summoning this whole time for longer amounts of time. Woop de fucking doo.

>Alteration
More armor without wearing armor! Woo!

>Sneaking
Now you can be seen even less! (Even though at level 50 you've already become pretty much undetectable)

>Both of the Melee skills
Now your attacks paralyze people! Maybe! (What the fuck does that have to do with gaining higher knowledge of swinging shit at people!?)

Seriously. Even leveling up conjuration doing ONLY necromancy doesn't change anything. It just means you can raise a zombie permanently.
>>
Everybody liked Skyrim.
>>
Do people still play it without mods?
>>
everything in the game is like that, not just the skills
>>
>>385058014
>Liked
Perfect way to explain it honestly, I remember knowing nothing about previous elder scrolls games, and getting around to playing them and realizing they dumbed down everything
>>
>>385057925
>I think I finally understand why so many people dislike this game so much.
Because it completely gutted everything that made the Elder Scrolls games great?
>>
It's not a very good game. Buggy, unpolished and BROKEN. It just that it was the first game like it for many people.
>>
>>385058164

That seems to be the general evolution of most sequels to games, especially RPGs.
>>
Just needed good combat and decent dungeons desu.
>>
File: not impressed.jpg (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
not impressed.jpg
7KB, 200x200px
>>385057925
No, I disliked it because Gothic 3 was released 5 years before it and it was an objectively better game, despite it's bugs.

Skyrim is the ultimate way to tell if someone has ZERO taste and just buys shit that some marketing teams tell them to.
>>
>>385058212
I don't know, are you asking me?
Why you ask me? I don't know you fucktard. Stop asking. State your opinions like a man you pansy this isn't Jeopardy.
>>
File: dissappointEDD.jpg (18KB, 259x195px) Image search: [Google]
dissappointEDD.jpg
18KB, 259x195px
Neo /v/ likes Skyrim.
Neo /v/ likes Bethesda.
Neo /v/ likes BioWare.

Neo /v/ is irredeemably shit.
>>
>>385058282
>especially RPGs
RPGs are merging with action games/shooters. The dumbing down is basically part of an averaging process.
>>
>>385058421

Skyrim is the Michael Bay's Transformers of videogames
>>
the magic system was kinda weak, conjuration was one of the strongest ones
>>
File: IMG_0668.gif (599KB, 441x484px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0668.gif
599KB, 441x484px
Here's what I think.

In 2011 when it came out, I was 16, had only played Oblivion (which I really liked) and I was hyped as fuck when Skyrim came out.

It's one of those things when the hype doesn't allow you to actually see the game for what it is because you're living within this hype chamber when everything is bizarrely amazing. It's hard to explain.

Then six years later you play it and realise how fucking hollow it is and how it feels like you're in a bad amusement park.

There's nothing wrong with admitting you liked Skyrim when it came out, but everyone should realise that it was pretty lousy by now.

Pretty sure everyone who was 18 or above when it came out that played better RPGs saw it for what it was.
>>
>>385058607
neo /v/ hated those things
nu /v/ likes them
try to keep up grampire
>>
>>385057925
>I think I finally understand why so many people dislike this game so much.
You are greatly overthinking it. Yea, the skills are shit, but so is the map, the final battle, armors etc. The short version you are looking for of why people in here hate it is the following
>vastly dumbed down TES game
>besides the first point, people praise it as the best game ever
>endlessss Skyrim milking is pretty much putting every single Bethesda project on hold, even Fallout, if you care about it
Thats about it.
>>
File: horny.jpg (124KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
horny.jpg
124KB, 620x349px
>>385057925
I've always thought that helmet looks dumb as fuck. Remove the horns and it'd be fine.
I mean, who the fuck would think you'd look menacing wearing that thing, it
looks like stunted ram horns.
>>
>>385058851
I like it because its simple and moddable.

I don't go for a good game for skyrim, I want to autistically RP a character build and get immersed with frostfall n other autistic shit.

If I want a quality game that'll engage me I go elsewhere.

Its basically the comfort food of gaming for me like crisps or something. Not really good just filler.
>>
>give Bruma mod a try
>spend more time trying to navigate a mess of horrifically designed landscape that drastically varies in height, than I do exploring it's POIs
>landscape in general is pretty damn bad, none of it really makes any sense
>Minotaurs and Trolls have massive HP pools, it's easier to just run
>Steel weapons look awfully fucking amateur in comparison to a lot of the other weapons, and just don't fit in at all.

Mildly annoyed. At least the voice acting and quests are good. I was surprised. The Aeilyd ruins are well done as well.
>>
>>385058887
>nu
Fuck off with this newfag shit.
>>
File: m61tT13.png (33KB, 651x481px) Image search: [Google]
m61tT13.png
33KB, 651x481px
>>385057925
People dislike it because it's shallow as fuck.

It's lost potential. It's a disappointment, not a trainwreck. It could've been so much better in every way except maybe the soundtrack.
>>
>>385058667
A reminder of the dangers of globalization.
>>
File: 714.jpg (743KB, 1126x1091px) Image search: [Google]
714.jpg
743KB, 1126x1091px
>>385057925
>almost out for 6 years
>still no mod that turns everyone into cute girls
Irredeemable
>>
>>385057925
>ever change as you level
There are several more reasons as to why I (and many others) think the game is bad.
>>
File: 1442013734525.png (336KB, 460x552px) Image search: [Google]
1442013734525.png
336KB, 460x552px
>>385058851

Yeh. At first it was pretty great, but the further I progressed through the story, the more some of it's glaring flaws began to shine through the veil of hype blinding me from those flaws.

By the time I got partway through a second play through, I had completely written off the shallow and uninspired and downright lazy perk system that was nothing more than a percentage-multiplier to your damage, armor rating, and spell effectiveness - shit which should have been determined by default by your actual fucking skill levels, and not some shitty fucking perk.

I had also started to notice that the writing seemed pretty lousy. Alduin was a terrible fucking villain who never seemed even remotely as threatening as he was made out to be, and was constantly hyped up by these NPCs to be the end of the world, but every time he drops into the picture, he's a fucking joke. The story just felt lousy.

After those 2 play throughs, every other time I played the game, I completely ignored the story, and just RP'd as some random mage, crusader, merc, rogue, whatever - totally disconnected from the entire arc of the Dragonborn versus Alduin because of how much it annoyed me due to it's lousy writing.

What annoys me most is the amount of potential the TES games have from a lore perspective, but Bethesda continues to cut every corner they possibly can in delivering a great RPG experience. They care more about mods than they do the quality and integrity of the games themselves.

Whats even worse is that I've spent so long coming up with my idea of a great RPG game, that it's put this crazy desire to play something as close as possible to it, and nothing comes even remotely close, because the only thing similar is a modded Daggerfall - which I can't even be bothered to play because holy fuck.
>>
File: 1490041057603.gif (960KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1490041057603.gif
960KB, 640x360px
I liked Skyrim, just wish they kept unarmed combat as a skill and made you repair equipment with your smithing skill too
>>
>>385057925
Yeah once you get that Dual Wield spell to stun lock enemies perk, you pretty much win the game.
>>
File: 1441944104613.jpg (29KB, 340x372px) Image search: [Google]
1441944104613.jpg
29KB, 340x372px
>>385059079

>install Frostfall
>install Needs and Diseases
>get fed up with all the annoying micro management
>uninstall them
>continue RPing as whatever it is I'm playing as, writing in my journal, camping, exploring with a follower
>have much more fun

iNeed is better and less intrusive. Frostfall gets real annoying real fucking quick. Fallout 4's survival mode with the sleep, hunger, thirst, and diseases worked perfect. But the removal of saving, fast travel, and all that shit ruined it in typical Bethesda fashion of not being able to even suck a dick right. They'd need a mod just to get it erect and not jab them in the fucking frontal cerebral lobe when guiding it to their mouth.
>>
>>385059243
found the nufag
>>
>>385059694
What? There totally is, ya dongus!
I know of at least one mod that turns every NPC female. Then you just have to find "cuteifying" mods for each race. The japs got tons of shit on their draconic mod-sites, for every fucking kink there is. You want loli catgirls? Or perhaps thicc troll futas? Just fucking google that shit nigga!
>>
>>385057925
>cool skills
you mean smithing aka HOLLA HOLLA GET SOME FUCKIN ARMOR AW YISS
Honestly if you expected anything from the mgic stuff you should have just known better than that, dude
>>
File: 1457380420077.png (212KB, 600x339px) Image search: [Google]
1457380420077.png
212KB, 600x339px
Skyrim with Oblivions skills and attributes system would've been amazing. If they wanted to fix the leveling, they could have just had skills level as usual, require you to sleep to level up, and then have the player pick a perk from a perk tree that wasn't lazy half-assed uninspired shit and continue on.

God the Skyrim perk tree pisses me off. It's so fucking bad. What makes it worse is FO4 is almost a complete and total carbon rip of the same fucking trees but with FO gimmicks relabeled over them. The entire Sneak tree of FO4's SPECIAL is the same exact shit from Skyrim's Sneak tree down to the last fucking ultimate perk.

It's a testament to how utterly fucking lazy they are, and how they have their priorities all fucked up in regards to their development process.
>>
>>385059079
>Installed Roman Armor mods, Civil War Overhaul and slavery capture systems
>Play as a Roman general removing Nords and Shitskins
>Capture the men as slaves, keep the women in my rape dungeon
>Throw Pila into everyone with the javelin mod, go home drink wine and eat true roman bread for true romans

I fucking love Skyrim. If you have the patience it's a blank canvas to make any gaming dream you have come true.
>>
>>385060510

Find comfort in the fact that FO4 proved to Bethesda that people are finally tiring of their lazy formula.

Unless they're completely fucking retarded and make yet another game with the same exhausted formula.
>>
>>385060334
Can you name some of these jap sites?
>>
File: 1500414922932.jpg (38KB, 600x662px) Image search: [Google]
1500414922932.jpg
38KB, 600x662px
>>385057925
>The melee combat in this game
This game has by far some of the most worst combat mechanics I have ever seen in a game. The sheer amount of effort Bethesda didn't put forth would have been somewhat shocking a year or so before Fallout 4's release.
>>
>>385060865

Yeah, that's why it's getting a $60 VR re-release, along side Skyrim's 2nd fucking re-release with another VR release as well.
>>
>>385061560
Lovers lab is a good place to start. The sites he's talking about are completely Japanese in my experience. And while Google does a decent job of translating the web pages to English so you can actually download the thing, none of the install directions are in English, so that can be an issue with complicated mods. As long as it's just cosmetics and armor you should be fine going off file types.
>>
>>385059606

how does globalization have anything to do with the dumbing down of a video game? stop using terms you don't understand
>>
>>385060193
I remember Frostfall being cool. It added urgency. I had to break into a stable owner's house to warm up, because I would have died of hypothermia if I tried to make it all the way to the city's gates. It was pretty gay that fire magic didn't affect your temperature.

The root issue with Skyrim for me is making it rewarding and challenging. It's not the kind of game where dying, learning from your mistakes, loading, and trying again is fun. The combat doesn't reflect what you're fighting. Fighting another human 1v1 should be straight forward, quick, but difficult. 3v1 should be a death sentence without stealth or a mastery of magic.

Clearing out a cave of 10 bandits should be an amazing feat, but it's not. Although, even if it were, all the gold that you gain from that can't be used in a meaningful way in Skyrim. There's nothing intersting to buy. There's no reason to buy 95% of what you can actually buy.
>>
>>385061639
and it really is a lack of effort when you can look over at shit like might and magic.
>>
>>385060847
How much effort to install all the slavery mods and other shit?
>>
File: baka.png (38KB, 499x338px) Image search: [Google]
baka.png
38KB, 499x338px
I don't give a fuck, this game lets me make the perfect futas to go around banging an entire civilization with.
>>
>>385061786
t. retard
>>
>>385061901

The comment on the bandit cave brings up another major issue I had with Skyrim in that every dungeon felt like a themepark ride. You walk through a completely linear map, taking in a few unlargely-unique structural sights, reach the same old large open room followed by a slightly more difficult enemy, and then open a "Box-o-Loot" with randomly generated garbage inside, slap your throat against the dragonwall, and waltz out the back exit, spitting you off a cliff or into some woods.

It's lame as fuck and uninteresting after the 10th time.

Oblivion's sometimes-labrynthian ruins were more enjoyable because it actually required using your map, required actually exploring to figure out how to unlock the hidden passages, and typically had some decent rare weapons stashed inside that couldn't be randomly generated in a lousy box.

Having to find your way through a sprawling dungeon, solve tricky puzzles, overcome threatening enemies, and reach the treasure room in a dungeon and find a weapon that is mostly unique is more rewarding than waltzing through a long overly-designed hallway that throws a whole box of bullshit at your feet for doing nothing but holding W.
>>
>>385062032
Surprisingly pretty painless at this point. I used a program called Mod Organizer which was a god send for keeping stuff straight and cleaning everything. It would be a real nightmare without that tool.

The hardest part is finding all your mods, making sure they don't conflict and that your PC can handle the load.
>>
>>385061901
>>385062496
I'm curious to see if Kingdom Come Deliverance will be any good. They claim to be inspired by the adventure of Skyrim, but far more realistic with an in-depth combat system which would make clearing out a bandit camp or fighting 3 guys a real feat.
>>
>>385062103
Literally the only reason to play bethesda games
>>
>>385057925

Do a level 1 run then faggot and see how it differs then

The perks actually alter the way you play.

Also most people who dislike Skyrim are retards with no imagination projecting their dumb frustration at a perfectly functional game.
>>
>>385062529
Sounds good anon, Im gonna have to check this out. I hope there's an option to crucify hertics, those forsworn need to be civilised.
>>
>>385062496

I love Skyrim, but I actually agree with this. There were dungeons in Oblivion that actually took quite a bit of time for me to completely explore thoroughly because of having to find hidden switches throughout the place. When I got to the end and found some Mithril armor, or a Dwarven sword, I actually felt like I earned it.

I still think Morrowind handled loot superior to all other TES games though. Powerful armor and weapons were always in the same place, but getting to them or defeating the people using them was never that easy, and typically required you to already know where they were, and how to exploit the challenges prefacing them.

I'll never forget exploring the Vivec sewers, finding a huge Daedric Shrine, and barely killing all the guys inside and walking out with a Daedric Longsword. Or finding the Daedric Dai-Katana in that plantation farm.
>>
>>385062781
Vanilla Skyrim perks suck ass though. Just Ordinator mod alone makes playthroughs a lot more unique. Like a Conjuration branch on that lets you acquire bones and make skellington minions that act as unkillable followers that last 8 hours in real time. Or around 3 ingame days. You can even focus on the branch to buff them and even make skeleton mages. They dont even count against your normal minion count so you can have like 3 skellebros and a couple pumped up Zombies or Daedra.
>>
>>385062496

Protip

The real rewards were the shouts, not the shitty loot.

All the best artifacts are daedrics or unique and have great unique quests associated with them
>>
>>385062917
I havent used it but there's a mod for skyrim that seeks to change the loot drops to make rare items actually rare a la morrowind. Its called Morrowloot.
>>
>>385063064
Now if only Shouts were balanced and scaled better in vanilla. The damage shouts are absolute garbage while ones like Mark for Death (due to bugs that never got fixed officially) became retardedly OP.
>>
>>385057925
Cool blog
>>
>>385063064

Too bad the power of them all was determined by the level you acquired them at, and not just predetermined like previous games.

It also wasn't particularly difficult to acquire any of them at all, unlike previous games. None of them were even fucking hidden. At all. Every time you reached the adequate level to engage a shrine, some random fuckaroo leaps into your face shouting off about "DAT SHRINE" and then drops the quest into your log for you so you never forget.
>>
>>385062989

>Mod perks

Ew
>>
>>385062781
This guy gets it. Skyrim was and is fun and (mostly) functional. If you showed me what Skyrim was gonna be like in 2001, I would've fucking jizzed myself. Yet the creeping cyncism that so many people confuse with maturity ruins what is an otherwise fun and enjoyable experience. People really need to understand that you can criticize a game for its faults and still find pleasure from it. Skyrim was casualized as all hell, but I can still spend hours wandering through the Reach, picking berries, and hunting wolves as I RP as a wilderness ranger, and I can enjoy the hell out of it, even if I clip through the side of a rock every once in a while.
>>
>>385061786
It's tough to have quality writing when sub-humans need to be able to read it. It's tough to have complex mechanics when sub-humans need to be able to understand them.
>>
>>385063182

I use that.

It's not very good. It claims to hand-place certain loot in certain places, and I've used the mod since the week it came out back in 2011, and I've never found any hand placed items of significance. It does switch up the default loot tables a bit though, but it's not anything that significantly noticeable.
>>
>>385057925
Nope i dont like it cus all builds end up the same cus you can max out too many things taking away alot of replayablity imo
>>
I refused to touch Skyrim SE for a whole week until CCO, Ordinator, and a few other gameplay mods came out.

Still waiting on Duel, but the creator is a massive crybaby bitch, and it will likely never be ported.

So much for Bethesda making mod transition smooth. The fact that most mods didn't work unless being manually converted through the CE ruined any desire to bother with SE.
>>
>>385060865
Nigga plz F04 was a massive (financial) success. Bethesda are gonna churn that money maker to fast and furious franchise degrees.
>>
File: yes.png (50KB, 465x698px) Image search: [Google]
yes.png
50KB, 465x698px
>>385059482
>>
>>385063296

>using sub-human unironically

you're on a board where half of the threads are about shipping video game characters. Yo probably aren't better than anyone else is.
>>
>>385063185

There's like only two damage shouts though, frost and fire. The rest of them are utility and fun as fuck to mess around with.

Better than any loot imo due to unique abilities they offer
>>
>>385063672

Only time I had fun with shouts was using Ice Form to freeze followers and then watch them roll down mountains or over cliffs.

Killed so many fucking followers with that shit.
>>
>>385063278
Vanilla Skyrim perks are ass though. Ordinator rewards specialization with some actual abilities that can define you. Like someone specializing big in Heavy Armor can actually gain some magic resist based on armor rating and actually get stronger with every single enemy near them, encouraging tanking and fighting everyone.
>>
File: 1500566874242.jpg (57KB, 533x388px) Image search: [Google]
1500566874242.jpg
57KB, 533x388px
>>385063649
kek
>>
>>385063803

Dunno about you but having become ethereal and jumping off mountains is great.

Storm Call is Thor as fuck.
>>
>>385063649
your first post was more accurate buddy
>>
>>385063296
The vast majority who plays video games is white though
>>
File: 20170326190711_1.jpg (814KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170326190711_1.jpg
814KB, 1920x1080px
>Not summoning two Daedra Lords as a Conjurer and fucking destroying everything
>>
>>385058741
Transformers is actually fun to watch, unlike playing Skyrim.
>>
The problem OP cites is readily apparent in The Witcher 3 as well. Most of the abilities are passive and there's no excitement to leveling up. One of the few issues I had with the game.
>>
File: 1499176881794.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1499176881794.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>385058014
>Everybody liked Skyrim
I liked the mods
>>
>>385059061
because people wore that shit in history, man
>>
>>385061560
dragonporn
no, really
>>
>>385063902

You have magic resist with enchants, standing stones and shields as perks. In fact you shouldn't really waste perks on armor skills. There's a reason they're slow to level up. Shields are underrated as fuck and make the combat so much more fun when you actually have to block instead of how most retards on here play it. By just standing around and chugging potions with OP armor that they grinded up.
>>
>>385063672
Thunderchild's shout really expands the shouting system in a cool way
>>
>>385064281
The lack of variety in conjuration was a big let down. You can't conjure a Spriggan without mods, and they don't balance them correctly.

Conjuration should be about summoning the best thing for the job, not
>get a new spell
>all your old summons are worthless
>>
>>385064281

Bound Bow is the only reason to get into conjuration tree. Followers are so much more useful than summoning undead, atronach or dremora.
>>
>>385064885
>not using both
>>
>>385062496
I knew how bad it was when i actually looked forward to the end of the cave being on a mountain or something, and not just a big fucking circle that led back to the beginning of the cave but about six feet above it. It got to the point where 75% of the time you could enter an area and immediately see the end right above the front door - like no one would catch on to that
>>
>>385064931

I hear this complaint all the time yet I'm sure you'd bitch even more if you had to backtrack your way through a cave
>>
>>385064885
I have to disagree. I can continue to summon Daedra's mid fight even if they die, whereas a follow can't be. This was particularly useful in long fights against much more powerful enemies.
>>
>>385064651
Thing is Ordinator's Heavy Armor tree lends itself to an actual playstyle where you WANT to be in the middle of danger to get the biggest damage boosts. Reap The Whirlwind for example encourages you to utterly tank a power attack for a massive 125% damage boost for a few seconds. For a 2h character this can utterly wreck the opponent with one good power attack even later in the game.
>>
>>385065197
Ordinator is seriously the best Skyrim mod in my opinion, it just adds so much despite just being a perk overhaul.

Combine it with SPERG and you get some really good shit.
>>
>>385065063

Was never a problem. Sometimes I'd even stumble upon shit I happened to miss on my way out.

The idea that this could have somehow been a legitimate complaint by anyone leads me to believe that those making such a complaint should probably just not play RPGs. Or enter any structure that requires a fraction of a brain cell to walk your way back out of.
>>
>conjurer
>can conjure four different entities
>become arch mage :)

I like the perk system but no one can say skyrim is an improvement on Oblivion
>>
>>385065139

I usually have range attackers as followers because otherwise they get in tge way. But I see how this would work for mage characters.
>>
File: 1495334744808.png (25KB, 669x514px) Image search: [Google]
1495334744808.png
25KB, 669x514px
>>385064651

Wow bro you sound like you're on a whole other skill level in SKYRIM compared to all these other losers who don't take advantage of Skyrims difficulty and deep combat mechanics.
>>
File: 1475795644083.jpg (32KB, 327x323px) Image search: [Google]
1475795644083.jpg
32KB, 327x323px
>>385057925
Skyrim could have been so much more with 1 or 2 years of development but Zenimax pushed them to release it just to get that retarded 11/11/11 meme date

I respect those who live in blissful ignorance and say it is a good game but I've seen what lies beneath with the creation kit and the only thing I can do is weep for the lost content that would've made this game into a proper GOTY
>>
>>385064651
>>385065197 here, forgot to mention that taking those unique HA perks in Ordinator means you dont need to enchant magic resist as you now already have some innate resist, meaning you now have the freedom to put some other enchantment on it.
>>
>>385065587

I don't hear much praises for blackreach or the two interconnected dwemer dungeons that are attached to it. Or the numerous forts with several entrances.

Selective memory is a a bitch ain't it?
>>
tbqh families, I fucking love skyrim with all the dlc and no mods

all it needs to be one of the best games of all time is an unarmed tree, a tree for pole weapons like spears and halberds, and enchants to increase spell damage
>>
>>385065637

I hate how they got rid of shit like Telekinesis because "it wasn't very useful" instead of making it something useful. They could have made it a spell that lifted objects and then flung them at enemies, or grabbed objects from far away and brought them to you to loot out of sight of NPCs, rather than just effect the distance you can loot shit.

Bethesda's laziness and reluctance to put actual mental effort into improving things before just outright removing them annoys the absolute piss out of me.
>>
File: OblivionConjuration.png (109KB, 691x1348px) Image search: [Google]
OblivionConjuration.png
109KB, 691x1348px
>>385065637
Deadroth was my favorite to have around. As repetitive as the Deadlands zones became after the first Oblivion gate, the concept is much more interesting than Dragons will ever be. All the side quests that dealt with the other planes of Oblivion were really cool. The Elder Scrolls has the lore, but they chose to side with lame dragon fights that aren't even fun. Not that the Dagon fight was good.
>>
I always complain about skyrim and how it could have been a million times better than it was, but whenever I go back and play it, it -is- genuinely quite fun. The world is just so nice and the combat is always much more fun than I remember it being.
>>
>>385065892

They had plenty of time to add the lost content in the expansions. Which they did.
>>
>>385066052

Are you serious right now?

Blackreach is regarded as the best dungeon in all of Skyrim even by /v/, and has for years.

Just because you say something doesn't make it true.
>>
File: 1500486821283.jpg (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1500486821283.jpg
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>385066109
>I fucking love skyrim with all the dlc and no mods
no
>>
>>385066137
telekinesis is an adept alteration spell in skyrim, it isn't particularly useful but if you have the illusion silent spell you can use it as a non-dragon shout decoy, use it to steal kind of, and there is one or two grates that you can kenisis a key from inside and grab to save a master lock picking
>>
>>385058014
Nah, I liked it for 10 minutes. The segment where the guy jogs with you pausing and showing you areas I thought was some top tier AI.

But in reality that shit was all scripted and the AI in the game was the exact same as Oblivion.
>>
>>385065849

Triggered much?
>>
>>385066315

Welp. Gonna go shit, shower, fap to some porn, and pass out. It's been a good thread I suppose.
>>
Best thing about skyrim is that you can turn it into your sex simulator thing.
>>
>>385066315
I never said mods don't make it better, dude, calm the fuck down, sperg

just said I can enjoy it without mods
>>
>>385066137

You have fus roh dah for flinging shit.

The devs probably didn't want HL2s gravity gun because it could break the game or some shit like that
>>
>>385066515

I've blown so many loads fucking Olfina's brains out.

God damn. I need to get Sexrim going on my laptop so I can fap in private.
>>
>>385066515
Best and worst thing really, without mods everyone would've forgotten this game by now, like how it happened with FO4.
>>
>>385066515
Watching animations loop is not a simulator, without gameplay you might as well be watching someone else "play" with these mods.
>>
File: little bride 1.png (79KB, 462x758px) Image search: [Google]
little bride 1.png
79KB, 462x758px
>>385065892
>a chick tract
top kek
>>
File: MGE Screenshot 006.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MGE Screenshot 006.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>385057925
As much as i hate how they took an axe to magic it's still my favorite.
I went back and actually played both Morrowind and Oblivion modded and unmodded.
Oblivion was boring as fuck without mods and the level lists outright punished you for actually playing a straight mage/rouge/tank character. You have to bascially choose the exact opposite of what you weant to play to max out stats you don't want to make enough stat points every 10 levels.
Skyrim actually had decent leveling that wasn't so fuck face broken that every bandit was running around in Daedric and glass armors 30 hours later.
And as much as i still enjoy Morrowind i can't fucking stand the constant cliff racer combat every ten seconds and the shit Stream version that crashes constantly in menu.

If we could have Skyrim's graphics, Morrowinds magic and UI interface and mash athletics and acrobatics into a single category I'd buy that shit in a heart beat.

Sadly, we all know the next ES game will be like Fallout 4 with even less RPG elements and despite it will have a bigger map it will somehow manage have even less shit to do.
>>
>>385058014
Nice bait fag
>>
>>385067516
Turn off Steam Overlay for Morrowind. Heard that makes the game run better.
>>
>>385067935
It does.
The code patch also helps a ton.
Even though i'm still surprised the Steam version gets so much praise when it's functionally the worst performing one.
>>
>>385068465
I have the disk version, so I wouldn't have a clue.
>>
>>385067516

Only destruction magic took a hit. Even then you can still cheese and break it further.
>>
>>385068602

MGE3 should supply you with everything you need to not only mod the game heavily, but also assure that if it's not 100% stable, it's close as fuck to it.
>>
>>385069070
Oh, I modded it myself already. Just finished it yesterday.
I should really play it instead of posting on /v/
>>
>>385069047
They cut many of the better alteration spells and completely got rid of mysticism.
No Mark/recall, Feather, speed, jump, slowfall spells just to name a few.
>>
>>385069397
mysticism just got cannibalized by the other schools
>>
>>385067403
holy shit you made me look this up and read it, the brainwashing on these is amazing.
>>
File: 1411881197957.png (137KB, 378x392px) Image search: [Google]
1411881197957.png
137KB, 378x392px
What I dislike
>The park sized cities
>The faction quests
>The uninspired skill trees and magic
>The melee combat
>The AI
What I like
>The exploration in the outside environment
>The magic combat

Still much better of a disappointment than F4
>>
File: crazy wolf 1.png (104KB, 472x767px) Image search: [Google]
crazy wolf 1.png
104KB, 472x767px
>>385069608
They're something, aren't they?
Posting one of the most outlandish ones
inb4 ban
>>
File: crazy wolf 2.png (118KB, 472x766px) Image search: [Google]
crazy wolf 2.png
118KB, 472x766px
>>
File: crazy wolf 3.png (111KB, 470x760px) Image search: [Google]
crazy wolf 3.png
111KB, 470x760px
>>
File: crazy wolf 4.png (120KB, 480x768px) Image search: [Google]
crazy wolf 4.png
120KB, 480x768px
>>
File: crazy wolf 5.png (117KB, 479x769px) Image search: [Google]
crazy wolf 5.png
117KB, 479x769px
>>
File: crazy wolf 6.png (107KB, 480x772px) Image search: [Google]
crazy wolf 6.png
107KB, 480x772px
>>
File: crazy wolf 7.png (99KB, 480x781px) Image search: [Google]
crazy wolf 7.png
99KB, 480x781px
the end
>>
>>385066406
Jesus christ you're stupid aren't you.
>>
>>385069397
The best alteration spells got cut because they probably didn't want to have to balance the game around abilities that fundamentally alter what the player can make his character do, such as e.g. getting to places he shouldn't be able to.
>>
Post skyrim sluts.
>>
File: 1495171045028.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1495171045028.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>385070150
>Post skyrim sluts.
ok
>>
>>385070118
It wasn't a big deal in either morrowind or Oblivion, infact, you could almost argue that's what made then so fun. Being able to try something the devs hadn't planned on and getting some funny results is easily my favorite moments in elderscrolls games.
Like downing a few dozen Skooma's in Morrowind, strapping on the boots of blinding speed, buffing a slowfall spell and just going for broke.
>>
>>385057925
fuck off shill
>>
>>385070408
video semi-related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRTUReLBWHA
>>
File: 1499133287170.jpg (344KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1499133287170.jpg
344KB, 1920x1080px
>>385070150
I hope Bethesda releases the mod kit with script extender for Valenwood
>>
File: Pac10.png (532KB, 1594x2254px) Image search: [Google]
Pac10.png
532KB, 1594x2254px
>>
File: 13148933478.jpg (15KB, 336x266px) Image search: [Google]
13148933478.jpg
15KB, 336x266px
Why the fuck are mods that remove old women from the game so rare? I've only found one (1) mod that explicitly does that. Even though it was an instant game-killing problem that I noticed as soon as I installed the body replacement mod and saw that the world is still populated with 90% gross grannies with wrinkles on their faces, only now the grannies have 10/10 bodies to go with their horrible, disgusting faces.

I did find a ton of mods that claimed to make the women pretty but they just cleaned up the face textures without even removing the "aging layer" with all the wrinkle effects from them. Useless.
>>
>>385069608
It's not brainwashing if you think it is.
>>
>>385070021
holy fuck these are fucked up, good shit.
>>
File: 1498833102273.jpg (326KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1498833102273.jpg
326KB, 1920x1080px
>>385070854
>only now the grannies have 10/10 bodies to go with their horrible, disgusting faces
idk it has something to do with how beth models them
>>
>>385070854
I remember there being a mod that made it so people who are considered elderly are ignored by whatever xxxbigtitsnassxxx mods you have
>>
>>385061901
I hate that Frostfall makes it so that getting hit by frost spells affect you but getting hit by fire spells or conjuring up a flame atronach doesn't help keep you warm.
>>
>>385057925
skyrim wouldn't been 910 if the quests didn't generate and were handmade instead
>>
>>385070854
it's really fucking easy to go into the creation kit and do it yourself you lazy bastard.
>>
It sells so well becuse it's atmospheric as fuck despite being held together with the programming equivalent of duck tape and string.
It's stale to us now, but remember the first time playing it?
>seems huge
>roam around wandering to your objective and you stumble on a cave
>worthless treasure, but you find a new quest lead.
>you finally get strong to kill guards, and you start wiping out the towns.
>>
File: mfw im not a blackstar.png (346KB, 816x785px) Image search: [Google]
mfw im not a blackstar.png
346KB, 816x785px
>>385069969
>And Satan went nuts!
kek
>>
>>385071695
If it's so easy why don't the mod makers do it in the first place? Checkmate atheists.
>>
File: kinomaker.jpg (19KB, 384x260px) Image search: [Google]
kinomaker.jpg
19KB, 384x260px
>>385058741
Michael Bay is a cinematic genius though, his brilliance just flies over the heads of brainlet critics that do not really like films, but plays.
>>
>>385057925
What pisses me off is Pickpocketing. I want to be a supersneak who steals all the weapons and then engages in a fight, but it's basically impossible when it caps out at a 90% chance to steal something. Likewise, why would I ever use alchemy when potions are so underpowered? Why would I forge armor when I can find shit that's almost as good? Why would I engage in melee combat when ranged is just far more effective?

Why introduce a playstyle and then make it unviable or way less viable than an existing and similar playstyle? It makes no sense from a design standpoint.
>>
>>385071958
>you finally get strong to kill guards, and you start wiping out the towns.
Excuse me
>>
File: 1499173269824.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1499173269824.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>385072187
>Michael Bay is a cinematic genius though, his brilliance just flies over the heads of brainlet critics that do not really like films, but plays.
most of his movies have really thin plots, but I don't go to a Bay film for the plot
>>
>>385067243
You need to look into the mods they have available, then. There's a ton of gameplay-affecting sex mods related to bondage.
>>
>>385058140
This hits the nail right on the fucking head.
>>
File: 1479700321839.png (74KB, 853x629px) Image search: [Google]
1479700321839.png
74KB, 853x629px
>>385072313
Yes exactly, he is the closest in mainstream cinema to reach the vision shared by Dziga Vertov and Robert Bresson.
>>
>>385071695

Do what? What the fuck? Why the fuck do you think I have ever even booted the creation kit? I'm here to consume, not build. I barely care enough about Skyrim to install mods, I'm sure as hell not going to make or edit any myself.

Also this isn't an obscure problem, as far as I know this happens every time anyone uses one of those tiddy anime mods, which appears to be 98% of the users or thereabouts. So why are the solutions so rare? Am I missing something?
>>
>>385059169

>spend more time trying to navigate a mess of horrifically designed landscape that drastically varies in height, than I do exploring it's POIs
>landscape in general is pretty damn bad, none of it really makes any sense
>Minotaurs and Trolls have massive HP pools, it's easier to just run

Well that's true to Oblivion right there. Can't really complain.

I still remember when I figured out during my first playthrough of Oblivion when I figured out I could just run through the tower of every Oblivion Gate and just grab the Sigil Stone at the top.
>>
>>385072313
>film
>plot
>>
File: 1483666851142.png (519KB, 575x803px) Image search: [Google]
1483666851142.png
519KB, 575x803px
>sneak around
>I'm right in something's line of sight in broad daylight and it cant see me

>use destruction on highest difficulty
>max rank spells are fucking garbage and do
not even tickle high level enemies

>just spam smithing/enchanting/alchemy while being a stealth archer
>there will literally be no challenge at all
>>
File: t2bh.png (257KB, 430x415px) Image search: [Google]
t2bh.png
257KB, 430x415px
>>385070527
Now this is fast travel
>>
>>385057925
theres a lot more reasons than that fampai
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiZLupfWMgQ
>>
File: 1500923233924.jpg (319KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1500923233924.jpg
319KB, 1920x1080px
>>385072878
>sneak around
>I'm right in something's line of sight in broad daylight and it cant see me

>arrow in the head
>Wut was that?!!
>>
File: 1487054102932.png (745KB, 768x572px) Image search: [Google]
1487054102932.png
745KB, 768x572px
>>385073542
>bandits in a cave by a campfire
>shoot and kill one from a distance
>other one gets up, walks towards the corpse
>"I'm gonna get whoever did this"
>proceeds to sit back down next to his dead fucking buddy and eats bread like nothing fucking happened
>>
>>385058607
That isn't quite right. Back in the day we loved mass effect 1 and dragon age 1, and only start flinging our feces at the other games in the two series. So yes, at one time, bioware was popular here.
>>
An enemy finding a corpse should alert all other enemies in that area and they should stay alert until they find you, but that would probably be too hard for bethesda to program.
>>
>>385066406
The AI is worse than Oblivion.
Every character had a set schedule for every day in Oblivion. In Skyrim it's "wake up, go stand here, go to bed"
>>
>>385057925
fuck dude i was thinking about this exact same thing. Once you see good RPGs you cringe at this shit. I used to play the fuck outta this
>>
>>385070021
>My real name is Billie Wolf, Mary.
lol
>>
File: 1498930208500.jpg (97KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1498930208500.jpg
97KB, 640x480px
>>385070021
>Dark powers
>Turn into a wolf and summon sick demons to do your bidding

>Christianity
>When you die you hang out in Heaven with Jews
I'm getting mixed signals here, what is this guy trying to teach me?
>>
File: 1500923394533.jpg (931KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1500923394533.jpg
931KB, 1920x1080px
>>385074039
>be fighting for the Empire
>win civil war
>decide to destroy all stormcloak camps
>can't kill the stormcloak named NPCs
Thread posts: 178
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.