[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it kino?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: the-lich-king-1.jpg (55KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
the-lich-king-1.jpg
55KB, 800x450px
Was it kino?
>>
It was upmost kino.
>>
Pic related was. Definitely not Wrath: LFR and Heirlooms LOL
>>
>>385057902
LFR was end patch of Cata pleb
>>
>>385057902

In all honesty the only good thing about TBC was difficulty. Story was so shit they had to revisit the expansion and revive Illidan. I feel people only like it because it added new stuff and was the first expansion.

WoTLK was pure Kino and expanded upon TBC on everything, UP UNTIL the realease of LFR. That's when the community became more distant.
>>
>>385058773
I MEANT LFD
>>385058808
FUCK YOU LFD AND HEIRLOOMS KILLED THE GAME
>>
>>385057902
BC didn't need heirlooms because it already nerfed the shit out of vanilla leveling and was the only expansion out at the time

any MMO that doesn't offer a quick way to get to relevant content will die out.
>>
>>385057770

>I know you will exercise great restraint when wielding your power
>Chanting hits
>Frostmourne plunges into the ice

Kino
>>
>>385058876

Nigga I agreed with you on that fuckboi
>>
>>385057902
BC added 2v2 arenas
that by itself was bigger cancer than everything wotlk added combined
not to mention it also added flying mounts and started the "lolcorruption" trend
>>
i dont know whatk ino is
>>
>>385059372
it's just a pretentious way of calling something good
>>
>>385057902
korean farm rep trash
generic raid boss trash
muh karazan was fun trash
pvp imbalance trash
itemize trash
players trash
story trash
>>
>>385059263
>started the "lolcorruption" trend
the fuck?
have you not played WC3 or vanilla?
>>
kids that were tooo young late on vanilla say tbc is good cause thats when they first started
>>
>>385060589
Just like how kids too late for TBC scream that Wrath was good, despite being the core reason why WoW sucks fucking balls now.
>>
>>385057770
ITT: The expansion set I played while in puberty was the best because reasons
>>
>>385060775
hahah wow in general is trash try again kiddo
>>
>thread full of retards missing the point
The image is from the WotLK cinematic trailer, one of the best known trailers and most popular. Kino refers almost exclusively to films outside of memery.

Still from a trailer + "was it kino" = thread about the trailer and trailers, not the expansion's gameplay. You should have been able to solve this.
>>
TBC > Vanilla >= Wrath > MoP >>>>>>>>> Everything Else
>>
>>385057770

yes. and here's the musical equivalent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n6WP9qHyRM
>>
>>385057770
The trailer was, the expansion was not
>>
File: 1500616439289.webm (3MB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
1500616439289.webm
3MB, 960x640px
someone say kino?
>>
>>385062221
shut up weebo
>>
>>385057770
it was kino *lenny*
kek
>>
File: 24 fps is perfect for kino.webm (3MB, 1280x696px) Image search: [Google]
24 fps is perfect for kino.webm
3MB, 1280x696px
kino framerate coming through
>>
>>385063230
Wrong board and wrong movie
>>
>>385057770
Goddamnit stop making threads about this fucking shit expansion nobody cares about
>>
MOP was the best expansion
More content at a steady pace with only one drought, and not like 4 droughts of nothing for 6+ months.
>>
File: Pandaren.jpg (25KB, 459x700px) Image search: [Google]
Pandaren.jpg
25KB, 459x700px
I really like the MoP trailer. I like how it's classic Orcs and Humans and how it's light-hearted and with a genuine sense of adventure and discovery. Despite what many perceived as the most alien expansion, that's all very classic Warcraft stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvYXoyxLv64

It's hard to compare it to the great WotLK trailer because they go for such vastly different directions and content, so don't ask me which one is better.
>>
>>385064003
MOP was "good" because it was inbetween two complete dogshit expansions and legion is very mediocre.Early Cata still blows it away though.
TBC > Vanilla > Early Cata > WOTLK > MOP > Legion > Cataclysm as a whole > WOD
>>
>>385064189
i liked early cata but it still had enough cut content and stupid shit like guild levels, prime glyphs, peacebloom vs ghouls, phasing, homogenization, etc to be mediocre
>>
>>385064189
Legion is """"good"""" but it's too little too late. WoWfags at this point will play whatever they give them, the subscriber base has stagnated.
>>
>>385064923
Legion has done a lot of things right but its stretched too thin. And a lof of the concepts that I'd say are good (artifacts or M+ for example) are both a blessing and a curse. When you're really into it, they're great, but the moment they get tiring, you lose huge chunks of enjoyable content.
>>
>>385064923
how can you do so many things right yet still have shit like garrison-lite, legendaries, and ultra-mega titanforging
>>
>>385065219
>>385065183
WoW now exists in this weird realm of being a Loot 'em' Up like Diablo. The RNG armor gives people incentive to continue grinding the same shit, same for Artifact power.

Overall the concepts make a MMO that gives a lot to do which is good, but it's often WAYYYY to fucking much which is also bad.
>>
>>385064189
Finally someone with an almost correct ranking. Vanilla and TBC still need to be switched.
>>
Cinematic tier list

>God tier
Wrath

>High tier
Warlords

>Mid tier
Mists
Legion

>Low tier
Vanilla
Burning Crusade

>Shit tier
Cataclysm
>>
>>385065740
vanilla gets a special mention for being about the players and not some edgelord
>>
>>385065219
Titanforge really is a strange beast. A lot of people I know bitch about "those darn casuals" getting high rolls from LFR and such, but I was never that spiteful. Good for them and while silly, a serious raider will still have much better gear ovreall.
My issues with it are that it's extremely hard to ever be finished with your gear. And that is creates this nagging feeling of "you didn't run every raid on every difficulty, you might be missing out on a great item" which just creates this neverending, huge weekly grind. And then there's the gut punch feeling when a high rolled item actually drops but you don't get it and you just think "welp that item will virtually never drop again, ever". It turns the joy and pain of loot RNG up to 11.
Another big issue my guild had with it is that it renders higher level loot almost obsolete. We're a fairly serious guild (world top 200 so better than like 98% of the people playing the game) and we killed mythic gul'dan in a pretty reasonable timeframe and guess what - barely anyone wanted the fucking loot from the guy because we cleared the raid on heroic so often people got their titanforged shit already. And that's just fucking ridiculous, killing the final boss should be more than just a token achievment.

As cool as it feels to get a super high rolled item, they should just go back to the old warforge - you can +5 ilvls on your item and that's it. You still get that special feeling of a rare drop, you still have benefit from grinding content you already cleared, it's just not as ridiculous.
>>
>>385065661
I don't think TBC was better than anything really. Overall it was a huge blunder even on the development side. Raid tiers lasted 9 months and bugs would go months before being fixed, not to mention le PVP minigame bullshit being pandered to and being used as a balancing excuse by Blizzard ever since.
>>
>>385065967
bc and vanilla fall into the pitfall of style over substance.
visually impressive, but no direction or real relation to the game.
>>
>>385065984
I don't even want the warforging, the ONLY rng that should affect loot is what dropped from the boss's table.
>>
>>385057770
Ending cinematic of Frozen Throne was better desu
>>
>>385065984
i just wanted to raid casually but my only two options were to destroy heroic with TF gear 20 levels too high or poopsock mythic
>>
>>385060775
the problem of wrath was killing the lich king
>>
>>385065740
warlords war pretty good, garrosh saving his dad was kino

fucking blizzard killing good characters
>>
>>385066921
not blizzard, metzen
metzen threw a big babbyman temper tantrum and deprived us of what could have been a dark and realistic mirror to thrall's character
>>
File: 1497611456855.jpg (68KB, 624x480px) Image search: [Google]
1497611456855.jpg
68KB, 624x480px
>>385066024
People that refer to PvP as a "minigame" need to be gassed.

It's just as much a part of the game as dungeons and raiding, and always has been. True "minigames" are shit like battle pets, not huge chunks of gameplay that have always been popular and always gotten developer attention. Ironically it wasn't until post-wrath that Blizzard started focusing on endgame PvE at the expense of endgame PvP, PvP got more attention in vanilla than it did in BC aside from arena shenanigans which remain as terrible as ever.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.