[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FUCK Splatoon, talk about ME, reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 30b.png (290KB, 400x577px) Image search: [Google]
30b.png
290KB, 400x577px
FUCK Splatoon, talk about ME, reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>385057119
I'm sorry, Arms. Unlike Splatoon, which functions as both a fun casual and rewarding competitive experience, you are only good for a few round of flailing about.

Great character designs all around though. Good for you.
>>
>>385057285
Arms can be competitive though, the only people who don't think so haven't played it or need to git gud
>>
I'm gonna get ya tonight arms
>>
>>385057428
nah i play tons of fighting games and sold ARMS in about a week. casual game for casual people
>>
>>385057574
You're a casual game
>>
>>385057574
>nuh-uh, I'm good, I swear. it's beneath me!!
sure thing buddy
>>
File: 1498035352525.png (18KB, 497x325px) Image search: [Google]
1498035352525.png
18KB, 497x325px
Motion controls are literally worse than Wii Sports Boxing, but it's not bad with a controller.

There's just not a whole lot to do that's exciting.

You grab the other guy more than he grabs you, and keep jumping around and dodging, and you win.
>>
>>385057428
Any game where the characters are given different kits to go head-to-head can be competitive. Brawl was competitive but was a fucking snore to watch. Arms is immensely similar in that regard where the whole thing revolves around slow mind games. It wears thin very quickly, especially because the individual kits don't actually offer as much variety in playstyle once you realize everyone can use the same arms.

Basically look at this way. A casual-friendly game like Smash has characters with around 20-24 total techniques. Arms characters have under ten.
>>
>>385057924
The motion controls are definitely harder to use than Wii sports boxing, but consider that that's a minigame on a free game that's basically a tech demo where you can win by flailing around and can't even move around the ring. Arms is an actual fighter, so of course the motion controls are harder to employ. That being said the controls themselves are really tight and way more reliable than Wii waggling.

Also, if you think the game is all about grabbing you must not have played past the first week since now the consensus is that grabspam is easy to disrupt, and grabbing is bad in general since it's one of the few positions where you're extremely vulnerable to rush, which is way more imbalanced.
>>
>>385058645
Most of the players are seemingly eight year old kids who just flail around and get their asses beat
>>
>>385058732
all fighting games have masses of scrubby players, that doesn't have anything to do with their competitive depth.

>a Nintendo game is popular with kids
in other news, water is wet
>>
>>385057924
>Motion controls are literally worse than Wii Sports Boxing, but it's not bad with a controller.
How the hell do you play this game with the garbage button layout, the motion controls are what make the game playable
>>
>>385059004
why are they bad, they work fine for me. My only gripe is that guard should just be a specific shoulder button instead of rush being both.
>>
Just take the characters out of the game and use them for something good. Why trap these amazing character designs behind shit gameplay?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.