[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Triology REALLY that harder?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 1499605665713.png (620KB, 1750x1258px) Image search: [Google]
1499605665713.png
620KB, 1750x1258px
Is Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Triology REALLY that harder?
>>
File: PAIN AND SUFFERING.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
PAIN AND SUFFERING.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>385050290
It's not so bad.
>>
Not really. The parts I remember having trouble with were (not counting Time Trials)
>Hog Wild (Obstacle had a really weird hitbox and took loads of tries to clear)
>The High Road (Jump mechanics made it more difficult.)
>Cold Hard Crash (Death Route. Don't remember having trouble in the original.)
>Piston it Away (Both gems was a hassle and harder than I remember.)
That's it. I found the Jet-Ski and Motorcycle controls harder but not sure if that's just muscle memory.
>>
People aren't used to games like these anymore. If the original donkey kong trilogy was remade like this, people would complain that 2 is way too hard.
>>
>>385051484
You're dumb. The mechanics are legit harder in the crash remakes because ledges are curved and crashes feet are pills shaped unlike in the original where everything was flat. Hence why the game forces you off edges more. Devs even confirmed.
>>
>>385050290
It's N. Sanely difficult.
>>
>>385051974
That makes no sense. How models look has nothing to do with where their hitboxes are. There should just be rectangular hitboxes. It should also be easily patchable, but the devs seem to have dropped support.
>>
>>385050290
That's a cute Coco. Who's the artist?
>>
File: 1499878599820.jpg (409KB, 923x998px) Image search: [Google]
1499878599820.jpg
409KB, 923x998px
>>385050290
There's like 1 or 2 things different from the game engine that make it a tiny bit harder than the originals.
>>
>>385052107
Yes I'm talking about the hit boxes not the model. http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/07/19/vicarious-visions-explains-why-crash-bandicoot-remake-is-harder-than-the-original
>>
>>385050290
Hitboxes are rounded instead of square so you can slip and fall off of things you normally would be horizontally stationary with.

Also Crash's jump movement is a slight amount of momentum required on start up, whereas in the original Crash would always move exactly to your presses.

So its just artificial difficulty of bad design.

Levels and props are all just like the original, which was designed in that specific way, but how you interact with them is different that intended.
>>
>>385050290
>hahah hard gaem is le dark souls xDD
>>
File: Stormy_Ascent_Begining.jpg (21KB, 477x322px) Image search: [Google]
Stormy_Ascent_Begining.jpg
21KB, 477x322px
>>385050932
Am I the only one who thinks most of the levels look worse than the original?
They might've been low poly but they sure didn't look like fucking plastic
>>
>>385050932
That sucks so much, right at the fucking end
>>
>>385052493
The art direction is definitely far worse in the remakes
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.