[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Albion Online General Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: logo.png (21KB, 370x250px) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
21KB, 370x250px
Are you playing?
What do you think so far?

I bought the founders pack in beta and so far I like it more than I don't.

Only things that are bugging me that I can think of right now are some peeves like...
>the lack of HUD sizing and general versatility
>lack of spells
>sub-par graphics
>blocky people
>and shit-tier server maintenance

Your problems/peeves?
Anything in particular you like?
>>
File: Shroud of the Autism.png (980KB, 808x592px) Image search: [Google]
Shroud of the Autism.png
980KB, 808x592px
>>385041074
>he's not playing Shroud of the Avatar
Anon...
>>
>>385041074
doa
>>
Reminder that the only ones talking about this game are paid shills
No one else would be interested in a buy to pay pay to win grindfest no content "sandbox"
>30 dollars to make a character
>30 dollars to make an alt character for crafting
>game wont let you craft and combat with the same character
>have to pay even more of top of that to get full xp from the things you do
>>
>playing Pottermore minigames
LMAO
>>
File: MD_sevigny-1447370336.1488.png (123KB, 290x290px) Image search: [Google]
MD_sevigny-1447370336.1488.png
123KB, 290x290px
>>385041074
UI in a lot of places annoys me sometimes.
Not being able to open other tabs while some are open and some stuff is missing when using the AH

I really like how you can have a shorter mount cast time if you stay near your mount and they did they did premium pretty well imo

I don't mind the graphics for the people and I'm enjoying...farming...a lot
>>
>>385041903
You have a point, but

>game wont let you craft and combat with the same character
What do you mean?

>have to pay even more of top of that to get full xp from the things you do
Not necessarily
>>
bought it because a lot of people were saying it was like UO. found that it wasn't like UO at all, and probably much closer to Runescape -- needless to say, i did not care for it much.

not a bad game, but i got bored of it. if anyone is in Caerleon and wants what remains of my gold (i think just a tad under 1k), let me know and we can meet at the auction house and do a trade.
>>
>>385041074
Downloaded it because fuck it I bought the beta a while back. Playing it alongside runescape (2007). So far my biggest complaint is lack of auto pathing and the lack of an auto run feature. The game is def better than it was but frankly hasn't been as enthralling as RS.

>>385041903
Not sure what you mean by 30 dollars an alt but I more or less agree with the rest of your post
>>
>>385042942
OP here

I knew I was missing something, and I couldnt agree with you more. Pathing and auto run was the first thing I didnt notice, and it should have been one of the first things to add considering the amount of traveling required to do anything.

>Not sure what you mean by 30 dollars an alt but I more or less agree with the rest of your post
Also this
>>
>>385041237
Did it ever leave alpha stage?
>>
Servers keep shitting themselves, so no, I'm not playing

It's pretty fun so far
>>
>>385042458
I just bought the game today. I heard what you heard and you're right, it does feel more like RS.

I don't know what to think of it yet but so far this thread's posts have me a little wary about it. I still want to play it out some and I'd gladly take you up on that gold offer if you'd like.

>>385044215
i second this
>>
File: 1496004291033.jpg (22KB, 401x401px) Image search: [Google]
1496004291033.jpg
22KB, 401x401px
>>385044215
>queue position 6000
>estimated wait time 1h
>>
File: scam.png (65KB, 689x609px) Image search: [Google]
scam.png
65KB, 689x609px
>When people say that you can "buy" in-game currency from the developers, that is not true. We do not sell silver, we only sell gold. Gold can be traded for Silver in the player driven currency market.

ok
>>
>>385044386

Wants to trade your account with me?I have some games on steam

steamcommunity.com/id/victorpadilha
>>
>>385044386
eh, some people really like it. not my cup of tea, and while there doesn't seem to be much of an audience from 4chan playing the game, /vg/ does have a few autists dedicated to playing that really enjoy the game.

post your username, and i'll give you access to my island and drop the gold i have in a chest that you can pick up. it's a tier 3 island and only has a farm on it, but i can leave you with whatever permissions in case you ever want an additional island to use for whatever reason.

i'll PM you later when i can log in, seeing as how i just got queued to 4k trying to log in just now
>>
>>385045872
meant to
>>385042458
>>
>>385046012
I see.

My name is "CharIie", with a capital "i" instead of a lowercase "L"
>>
>>385041074
So is this game any good? Should I try it? What's the catch?
>>
>>385044937
Only seeing positive things there though.

Having to buy premium is a must however and it's not shared with your whole account..

>>385046894
There is no free trial.
>>
>>385041074
Tried it and didn't like it.
Too much grinding, not enough sandbox.
Also not a fan of the combat at all. Combat is a 3/10 for me.

I don't have enough pvp experience to comment on it truly but all of it that I experienced was me smashing someone who could barely fight back or me getting slaughtered by a gank squad.
>>
>>385046894
If you enjoy an endless grind of collecting resources, then yes, you should definitely play this game.

There is no leveling, and instead you're faced with getting better gear alone to advance in health, mana, and, of course, stats

So you're given a large skill tree and all the skills allow you to craft or use items in the game. Other than that you just get higher stats alone from skills later down the tree.

>tldr:
>islands for agriculture and livestock
>guild territory that you can fight for
>game based around gathering resources and pvp
>pvp is everywhere and isnt organized unless gvg

those are the main selling points i see so far
>>
>>385048257
you forgot the full loot part, get ganked and lose all your gear... fun fun fun!
>>
>>385047231
>Only seeing positive things there though.

i don't know enough about the game to confirm/deny whether it's a good thing or not, but seems like the ulterior motive is just to make more money than they would've if the game had simply been b2p
not counting the monetary bonuses you receive from premium which is in my mind a mild form of p2w already, i imagine if a whale 1v1d a f2player, it could quickly turn into a war of attrition that the whale would win
because if the f2per has 5 sets of gear and the whale has 50 already in stock with unlimited and instant access to more, all he would have to do is win a handful of times and simply wear the f2per down until he can't actually play anymore because he has no gear

it could play out like that, i wouldn't know cuz i don't play the game so it's all speculation
the game already looks limited in content, player freedom and player interaction doesn't count as content, and that combined with shady business practices is something i've seen drag down the quality of games before

bdo has "pay for convenience", which is a retarded concept and isn't better or worse than actual p2w, it's just a carrot on a stick telling you "this game is actually fun, but we've intentionally made the game annoying and unfun if you don't pay"
>>
>>385047643
That's what I'm feeling right now.
>>
>>385049412
I've found it to be pretty easy to recover from and pretty easy to avoid in the first place. Don't get ambushed and you won't get ambushed.
>>
>>385041903
Fucking SWToR...

Ever since one game actually paid people to shill games, every fucking thread about a game on /v/ has someone making this retarded accusation.
>>
>>385050229
Shills are real and many of them follow the same pattern, but yeah many people think simple posts and opinions are shilling attempts
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.