[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bloodlines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

>hear how Bloodlines is good
>start playing it
>great art direction, good dialogue
>quests either resolve through dialogue (you can put perception at 7 and it seems to trump any challenge) or through horrible combat
>you can "solve" any quest by simply walking around and talking to people
>just to make sure you don't miss anything, correct dialogue option has its own font and color
>should you fail you're exposed to a gameplay that makes deus ex look like unreal tournament

It's pretty bad. It's basically a visual novel in 3d.
>>
>>385037979
>can solve things through context and there's gameplay elements that revolve around personal character building
No it's an RPG
>>
>>385037979
You realize that if you want to solve problems through violence you are more than capable of doing that, right? It's the whole point of an RPG.
>>
>>385037979
>you know what VTMB's problem is?
>not enough combat
This is some next level shitposting.
>>
>>385038235
>gameplay elements

Sure, if you want to call it that. In reality you pump persuasion to 7 at the very beginning and can breeze through anything.

>>385039098
I can't imagine why would anyone want or pretend to want to actually PLAY Bloodlines.

Are you one of those people who claim they actually did a full Nosferatu playthrough?
>>
>>385037979
>just to make sure you don't miss anything, correct dialogue option has its own font and color
You only get that dialogue if you meet the stat requirement and it's not always the right option. If you have low humanity and tell Beckett how you think vampires are immortal blood gods he calls you a faggot.
>>
>>385039285
Great. Then you quickload and tell him the correct option. And don't pretend that you don't play these types of games with F5 and F9 used often.
>>
>>385037979
wait, what exactly makes it bad? you listed a bunch of good things + 1 bad thing.
if combat is so important to you, why aren't you playing fighting games instead?
>>
>>you can "solve" any quest by simply walking around and talking to people
Isn't that like half of all RPGs?
>>
DX gameplay is pretty solid tho
>>
>>385039256
>>385039442
It sounds like you're projecting your own failings and habits onto other people who enjoy something that you failed to enjoy anon
But what do I know, I'm just Anonymous
>>
What is the best place to suck blood?
Hate waiting those wankers to take a piss
>>
>>385039853
I like Bloodlines, it's a piece of shit as a game but it has memorable atmosphere. Similar examples: Torment, Deadly Premonition.

>>385040010
whores
>>
>>385037979
>quests either resolve through dialogue (you can put perception at 7 and it seems to trump any challenge) or through horrible combat

Yeah, it's almost as bad as Planescape Torment.

You know, there were real RPG before almost all of them became action-oriented and the RPG part was reduced to having a level and an inventory.
>>
>>385037979
Wasn't this released like really unfinished?

Someone post the pic of what could have been.
>>
>>385037979
>wake up
>go outside
>great art direction, good dialogue
>you can "solve" any quest by simply walking around and talking to people

It's pretty bad. It's basically a visual novel in 3d.
>>
>>385040164
Deus Ex stroke a balance between good gameplay and nonlethal.
>>
>>385040204
yes it was, the patch helps though
>>
>>385040474
No no, what REALLY could have been.
>>
>>385040204
It's not that it was really unfinished in terms of content, it was just an almost unplayable mess due to a massive amount of bugs.

It's still considered as one of the best game ever made. It's a cult classic like Deus Ex, System Shock 2, Planescape Torment, etc.
>>
>>385037979
I like the game.
Combat is okay.
Bosses are shit though.
And why the fuck the animation at the begining of the game the vampires shooting you are so bad.
The rest of the game are fine what the hell.
>>
>>385040570
I'd say the very combat oriented end was partly because of being rushed.
I found it extremely hilarious if you tried to sneak at the china bitch's place, those wall ninjas would slash you and then instantly forget your existence
>>
>>385039256
>Sure, if you want to call it that. In reality you pump persuasion to 7 at the very beginning and can breeze through anything.

You didn't finish the game, did you?
>>
>>385041348
I'm talking about the very beginning of the game. You can max persuasion before the first hub is over. It's also worth noting how other options, such as intimidation and seduction are nowhere near as viable.

But if you mean that the game, even with mods becomes so abysmally bad that noclip is the correct answer towards the end, I agree.
>>
>>385041728
>trolling this hard
are you bored or retarded?
>>
>>385042225
Trolling means stating a fact that is hyperbolic and/or untrue in order to rile up people. Well, at least that's what I assume you mean I did.

I do assure you that what I'm saying is correct, having finished this game with Ventrue, Malkavian and Brujah.
>>
>>385042225
Bored.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.