[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

XSEED BTFO over Japanese audio

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

https://techraptor.net/content/walking-path-legends-interview-nihon-falcom-president-toshihiro-kondo

> TR: Previous Nihon Falcom releases in the West have not allowed for players to listen to the original Japanese audio tracks, in lieu of English dubs. With both Tokyo Xanadu, as well as Ys VIII, this has changed, with both games allowing western gamers to experience the original Japanese audio. Has there been a conscious effort behind getting the original Japanese audio tracks available in the West?
>TK: That’s more up to the publisher than it is to us. I feel like the voices of the fans who really want to have the original voice track has gradually reached publishers.

How will XSEED ever recover?
>>
>>385035263
1% of their fans understand nip anyhow, so it's not an issue. Why the fuck would people rely on them if they could import from the Motherland and have games in the mother tongue?
>>
XSEED has always been shit.
>>
>>385035263
So in the end it was just Xseed being jews?
>>
>>385035629
>1% of their fans understand nip anyhow, so it's not an issue.
What a dumb as fuck reason to not include nip.
I want to listen to the far and away superior jap voice actors who actually know how to act than our dog shit english voice actors who know how to make me cringe.

Jap voices + Subs is always master race. The only time this hasn't been true is for Final Fantasy XII and Dragon Ball Z
>>
File: hey nice.png (51KB, 432x500px) Image search: [Google]
hey nice.png
51KB, 432x500px
>>385037409
>Dragon Ball Z
Man JP Goku throws me for a fucking loop.
>>
>>385036498
This.
They've never been all too good as a company, but lately they've become terrible people overall. Why anybody supports them is beyond me.
>>
>>385037409
>Dragon Ball Z
You better mean the Spanish dub that didn't fuck up the soundtrack. Dragon Quest 8 had a good dub too.
>>
>>385036832
of course it was, the only excuse to ever not have jap audio included was when disc based games actually need the limited space in the ps1/2 era
>>
XSEED is just filled with amateurish assholes. They've done nothing but make bad decisions over the last three years and I'm glad they're finally dying.
>>
Why do people think XSEED are the ones behind it and not their parent publishing company Marvelous?

XSEED are the localization team.

Kondo-san's statement is reflective of the Japanese publisher who has the say in those regards, not the localization branch.
>>
>>385037409
>far and away superior jap voice actors who actually know how to act

Only the A-listers.

The rest of the Japanese voice actors in general are pretty shite too, so quit being a weeaboo.
>>
>>385035629
Typical burget who assume that english is everyone 1st language.
I dont care about your shitty eng voice actors. They are not my mother tongue, so I can listen to the original dub as well
>>
>>385039424
>and not their parent publishing company Marvelous?
Because literally only XSEED does this. Other marvelous games without XSEED don't.
>>
>>385035263
Never played Tokyo Xanadu or the sequel but that article and screenshot got me interested, is it good?
>>
>>385039771
Tokyo Xanadu is good. Nothing amazing, but the combat is satisfying.
Not sure if it should be played on a home console / PC though since they formatted the entire game around handheld play. Literally acts like episodes with the OP vid playing before each chapter.
>>
>>385039771
Xanadu Next is great, you should play it.
>>
>>385039658
Care to give examples of non-XSEED Marvelous games with Japanese audio?

Also, the last XSEED games I've played (Senran Kagura games, Fate Extella) had Japanese voice acting.
>>
>>385039949
https://www.giantbomb.com/marvelous/3010-1777/published/
>>
>>385035629
I'd prefer japs just using English subs while keeping the Jap dub. It's cheaper for them and less SJW burgers getting paid for censorship.
Seriously fuck western VA's tho.
>>
>>385040264
Many of those are localized by XSEED, including one of the ones I listed.

You need to be more specific than that if you're to have grounds to stand on.
>>
>>385039923
They formatted the game around handheld and released vastly improved version ONLY on home console/pc
I hope that I can at least stream it to vita and play on the bed.
>>
>>385037573
I felt the same way for a while, but I've gotten used to it since watching Super. It honestly makes more sense for him to sound like a literal manchild considering his personality. Thats something that got lost in translation with the dubs.
>>
>>385040757
>vastly improved
I promise you it isn't. Though if you want to wait for it anyway that's fine too, but don't expect anything much.
>>
>>385040550
>It's cheaper for them
No it isn't.

They'd be paying more for the contractual rights to use the VAs from the big name companies overseas on top of even more royalties to the A-listers.

It's much cheaper to hire voice actors in-house at the localization studio as they won't be pressured to do the above problem.
>>
>>385039581
>The rest of the Japanese voice actors in general are pretty shite too, so quit being a weeaboo.

If you don't speak Japanese, and listen to a shitty Japanese VA, you most likely won't be able to clock how shitty they are since you won't know how they're supposed to sound.

You'll get the general emotional notes and thats it, so it'll be lackluster at worst.

As an English speaker, you know what English sounds like in and out so when people sound like dogshit you catch it. When people use fake shitty accents you catch it. When people use weird pauses and phrasing that makes no real sense you catch it.
>>
>>385040757
I doubt it is that improved when you consider even PS4-centered review blogs recommend just getting it on Vita
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/06/30/tokyo-xanadu-review-really-app-vita/#/slide/1
>>
>>385040757
I've yet to find a game that couldn't be streamed through remote play so you should be able too. Was surprised that Berseria ran at 60 fps using it.
>>
File: 1495565379956.gif (349KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1495565379956.gif
349KB, 300x169px
>>385039653
>Typical burget who assume that english is everyone 1st language.

Says the guy typing in english on a korean image board
>>
Allow me to absolutely lol at EOPs

lol EOPs
>>
File: CuutWKeUkAAtScg.jpg (256KB, 1024x702px) Image search: [Google]
CuutWKeUkAAtScg.jpg
256KB, 1024x702px
>>385039946
Toxanadu's nice and all, but it's just not as unique or fun as modern classic Xanadu.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.