[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kingdoms and Castles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

File: KAC.png (172KB, 338x292px) Image search: [Google]
KAC.png
172KB, 338x292px
How is it really?

I read that it lacks of content, but it's still a "very positive"
What's /v/ verdict?
>>
File: 1499607203349.jpg (366KB, 600x802px) Image search: [Google]
1499607203349.jpg
366KB, 600x802px
please respond
>>
>>385036113
Why do you need /v/ to tell you how to feel about a video game?

Hop on youtube, watch some gameplay, see if it looks fun. You're a big boy. You can form your own opinions.
>>
Extremely boring, very little content, takes too long to gather resources and even longer to build shit
>>
File: cat magnify.jpg (842KB, 1721x2160px) Image search: [Google]
cat magnify.jpg
842KB, 1721x2160px
>>385036259
I'm not OP but youtube sucks.
>>
>>385035171
Just got it today. Spent the last 3 hours playing it. They game is fun, can't complain when I only spent $10 on it.
>>
Just play Banished.
That or Rimworld, depending on if you want micromanagement or macromanagement.
>>
>>385036416
I hope you're not implying that rimworld is not all about micromanagement.
>>
It's Banished with a different art-style. They also have orcs or something invade so you have to build an army, but if you play on the lower difficulty it disables invasions so it's literally just Banished.
>>
It's still an alpha, even if Steam is saying that it's not in early access.
Well made scam to be honest to avoid the refund system.
>>
Torrent please?
>>
>>385036615
Yes it's still alpha but calm down they will add content now that the game is release
>>
>>385036615
How arenthey avoiding the refund system?
>>
Incredibly shallow city builder game, you literally experience the entire game within an hour.
>>
Too little content
Currently lacks depth and options, you basically play the same way everygame and thats it

Nice neat little game that is quite literally an Alpha so still lacks a LOT of work.

Do no buy it as it is right now, and just wait like 1 year until more features are added.
>>
>>385036852
What content are you people looking for anyway?
>>
>>385036517
If that's how you play it, you're bad at managing your pawns.
>>
>>385036856
When a game moves from early access to fully released state the refund periods get reset also - giving every owner two weeks to refund it not matter how long ago they got it

Now picture what will happen when DayZ exits early access

they will call it the refundening
>>
>>385036943
This is the first game to be released from Fig (the crowdfunding platform owned by honest Tim Schafer)

they probably learnt game development from Spacebase DF9
>>
>>385037060
Rimworld is bad at managing my pawns. If you think it does a good job, you're playing with your eyes closed.
>>
>>385037312
It's not perfect, but you only ever need to directly manage any single pawn when there's an emergency.
If you ever touch a pawn in any another situation, you're simply not utilizing the given systems properly.

Well, except for the beginning. A bit of micromanagement in the first year is kinda necessary.
>>
>>385037172
>DayZ
>Ever leaving early access

Nice meme, they have been tweaking the engine back and forth for years making people think there has been some progress but the engine is basically a gigantic mess that is impossible to fix at this point so they basically gave up on the game and are just trying to trick unsuspecting players into buying the game.

But with PlayerUnknowns Battlegrounds gigantic success along with its popularity and much more functional gameplay, theres literally no one left that would fall for the DayZ meme.

Thats why Dean Hall (Rocket) Jumped ship and ran away with his money, he knew that the engine used by DayZ wouldn't hold up to the expectations of the game and the game wasnt going to hold up for much more time.
>>
File: 1480769589422.png (112KB, 316x400px) Image search: [Google]
1480769589422.png
112KB, 316x400px
It's comfy.
>>
>>385037494
I am utilizing systems perfectly. A pawn that has hauling and a job at same priority, and has an item to haul to the place where it does the job, will choose to not haul the item and go directly to job location, even though hauling would be literally free in this case and not hauling will cause it or someone else to walk a long way towards the item and haul it back, wasting a gigantic amount of time. "Imperfections" like this are all over the place. You can choose to just ignore all this and be super unproductive, but that's not what colony management games are about, plus on higher difficulties it actually is impoertant to be productive if you want to be able to fend off attackers.
>>
>>385036259

>don't talk to people about things, just get your opinions from youtube personalities
>>
>>385036989
I'd want a campaign mode. Where you have to complete objectives.

I assume that units operate entirely on AI in this game and you don't control them.
So I'd want it to operate like the game Majesty. Where you can place bounties on enemies or buildings to get your units to attack them. Then the scenarios would be to destroy all the enemy buildings or kill some big boss enemy that doesn't move until you attack him.
>>
>>385037947
>I am utilizing systems perfectly
If the situation you just described arises on a regular basis after the early game in the first place, you're definitely not.
You're not supposed to let people with actual work to do haul or clean anything. Their resources are supposed to be close to their workstations, hauled there by pawns dedicated to hauling.
If they ever leave the proximity of their workstations for anything other than eating, sleeping or fighting, you're doing something wrong.
>>
File: kingdoms and castles.jpg (585KB, 1918x1077px) Image search: [Google]
kingdoms and castles.jpg
585KB, 1918x1077px
I was having a lot of fun, but after playing for about 8 hours I've done basically everything. Only thing I can really do now is expand, there's no other buildings or anything else to unlock.

Pic related
>>
>>385038930
>just disable hauling and everything is fine
Yeah, we are done here.
>>
>>385038946
do you actually have soldier units or is it just turrets?
>>
>>385038946
I guess an expansion would be to allow you to invade vikings and capture dragons for other buildings and resources
>>
>>385039068
Seriously? You honestly believe anybody but your dedicated hauling pawns should have hauling on anything but the lowest priority?
Because if so, I'm pretty sure you never got past the first year.
>>
>>385039576
No, I'm saying the system that makes the pawn choose what job to do next according to his priorities performs poorly, and you suggesting to disable hauling is a perfect example of that.
>>
>>385039576

I feel like you're arguing at cross purposes. He described a specific problem in the way the AI interprets commands. Specifically that it behaves like your average millennial and won't do a task that's sensible and on the way if you don't specifically order it to do so.

And yet for some reason you insist on condescending about micromanagement. You're not even addressing his point.
>>
File: 1500602899001.png (24KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1500602899001.png
24KB, 240x240px
>>385039901
>Specifically that it behaves like your average millennial
go to bed grandpa
>>
>>385040153

But I'm a millennial.
>>
File: 1430621145760.jpg (14KB, 159x153px) Image search: [Google]
1430621145760.jpg
14KB, 159x153px
>>385040410
Go to bed faggot.
>>
>>385039806
Care to give an example other than hauling and cleaning, though? Because everything else works pretty much perfectly in my experience if you assign the job priorities properly.
Besides, that's not really related to the inital problem. If disabling hauling stops you from having to micromanage, you're basically only forced to micromanage due to playing the game badly - which is what happens in just about every management game.

>>385039901
Because his point doesn't relate to the initial problem.

He argued that RimWorld requires micromanagement due to having to manage pawns to haul.
I argued that while this is in fact a problem with the system, it's not an issue in the actual game due to hauling not being relevant for most pawns and working perfectly well for those few dedicated to hauling.
>>
Can someone recommend me a good medieval or victorian city builder? Preferably something that allows me to make own maps
>>
>>385040568

What?

>>385040638

Now you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. He's saying there's a problem. You're acknowledging the problem. The diatribe about how to play properly is an afterthought.
>>
File: faggot2.gif (498KB, 405x228px) Image search: [Google]
faggot2.gif
498KB, 405x228px
>>385040979
>>
>>385040638
Hauling alone wastes enough time to make this significant. When your miner mines those components you need and proceeds to go to his room to jerk his dick off while another pawns run to the end of the map to haul components, you have to manually order him.

But fine. Doctors choosing wrong patients to attend to first, pawns choosing to haul wrong incapacitated people.

Oh, and, of course, pawns ignoring their tattered clothes and getting really unhappy about that, waiting for you to manually undress them and have clothes burned; then they would wander naked, being really upset about being naked, while you wait for them to pick any of 100% non-D fresh clothes from your stockpile, right until you give up and order them to wear something.
>>
>>385040979
There's only a problem if you're not utilizing the system properly. If the game was designed around players who're not utilizing the systems properly, it would be a bad game.

That is to say there's not much of an actual problem, there's only a problem for people for who there's supposed to be problems.
>>
>>385039326
You can eventually raise squads of soldiers but I don't think they can even fight dragons and they cost a shit load more resources than any towers
>>
>>385041357

>The AI is stupid. This is a problem. You can learn to micromanage around the stupidity and avoid the problem.

Ok, but it's still a problem.
>>
>>385041341
I suppose you're right about the miner, that could actually be improved, given that the storage is actually on the way to the miner's room.
As for the doctor tending to the wrong people and pawns hauling the wrong people, I'm pretty sure both of those are emergencies, which are the situations I expclitily mentioned as being in need of micromanagement.
And for the clothes, Assign > Manage Outfits and you won't have to manage that.
>>
>>385041906
Really? You consider assigning the priorities once per pawn to be "micromanagement"?
I mean, if you insist that this fits your definition of micromanagement I won't argue this any further, but I strongly disagree there.
>>
>>385042076
>As for the doctor tending to the wrong people and pawns hauling the wrong people, I'm pretty sure both of those are emergencies
You kidding? An attack where someone is left injured is an emergency for you? And you had the gall to accuse me of not reaching 1 year mark?
>>
>>385038068
>Not knowing how to ignore obnoxious youtubers and analyzing gameplay through skipping around a video to get an impression of game mechanics
>Not already knowing several chill under-100k-subs neckbeards who have great taste in niche and indie games with minimal personalities
>>
I had a nice comfy day playing it on Saturday. I maxed it out so now im waiting for extra content and have started playing RIMWORLD
>>
>>385042468

I've never seen somebody be a hipster about the youtube personalities they follow.
>>
>>385042260
Why yes, I'm accusing of you not reaching the 1 year mark. What, for the love of god, could possibly constitute an emergency in this game other than a) combat, b) the aftermath of combat, or c) sudden illness?

Every other problem there is is either a long-term problem that doesn't require an immediate solution but a long-term plan, or is automatically solved by setting your priorities properly.
>>
>>385042985
Emergency is when you run out of food or half your colonist die in combat and you're not sure you can recover. An aftermath of a combat with few incapacitated pawns as a result is not an emergency, it happens every few in-game days.
>>
>>385042985
Here's another problem that does not get solved by setting proirities: putting worts into barrels for beer making. Haulers will prefer to do anything else but that unless you manually order them or restrict them to area where there are no other items to haul but worts.
>>
>>385043158
>Emergency is when you run out of food
Really? How is that not a problem that is solved by long-term planning, rather than reacting when the problem occurs?
If you're out of food you were bad at planning your farming, hunting, trading, or knowing when to stop accepting new pawns.

The aftermath of a combat with few incapacited pawns also doesn't require any immediate reaction if you've got doctors with proper priorities, they'll get to the incapacitated pawns soon enough.
Furthermore, if your pawns are actually getting incapacitated with such high frequency, you're not utilizing turrets and killboxes properly.
>>
>>385043730
>they'll get to the incapacitated pawns soon enough.
Until one day they fix up those three guys who are scratched and let the bleeding guy die.

>killboxes
You're literally gaming the system. I feel sorry for talking to you now.
>>
>>385043951
>let the bleeding guy die
How's one of your pawns being close enough to dying without immediate care not an emergency in the first place?

>You're literally gaming the system
As in, I'm playing the game? Yeah, that's exactly what I'm doing. Why would you not utilize proper positioning of pawns and turrets?
I guess that's why RimWorld is so micromanagement-heavy to you - you choose to cripple yourself and not use the tools provided to you.
>>
>>385044262
It's abuse of inferior AI. The AI should not be walking into killbox, the game was not designed for this, and if you want to play the game properly, you should willingly not abuse the AI behavior.

>How's one of your pawns being close enough to dying without immediate care not an emergency in the first place?
It's not an emergency because it happens often, not because it can't have consequences.
>>
>>385044535
If playing to your enemy's weakness is abuse, am I meant to just to ignore their weaknesses entirely? Should I deliberately try to not learn or adapt my playstyle?
Besides, the game is very clearly designed around killboxes. Tynan is very active in the community and definitely knows about killboxes, but hasn't made any effort whatsoever to "fix" them.
And again, I believe you've never seen the endgame. Well, either that or you're playing on a low difficulty. There's simply no way to survive without using killboxes past a certain point, the endgame absolutely relies on it.

>It's not an emergency because it happens often
Again, if this happens often, your defenses are weak and you're not playing the game correctly. A pawn being close to death is always an emergency.
>>
This game is EXTREMELY shallow and low on content, but I did have fun while it was new. does anyone know any games similar to this because I really like it. I tried banished for a bit, but I want something with some combat (but certainly not the focus)
>>
>>385035171
seems like banished but with a shittier UI but more stuff to do (defend yourself etc)
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.